Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 28, 2008 4:48 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Got to love the difference in command styles. Luglanju goes about with a drawn out speech on success vs. failure and how everyone must sacrifice and pour their heart and soul into the battle. Yang essentially tells everyone the upcoming fight is pointless but to just go there, follow the plan, and win it anyway.

Yang pardoning and giving Bagdashu hsi pistol was puzzling. What does he want Bagdashu to accomplish?

They killed off Jessica too early :(. Other than organize the large scale protest she never got to do much. Yang looked extremely depressed hearing the news.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 11, 2008 10:43 AM

Apr 2008
That was pretty intense. Kinda suprised at Jessica dying early, but she had to go at some point, imo. I can't see Bagdashu living much longer either. At some point we are going to see Julian's sniper skills.

5/5
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Jan 18, 2009 3:07 AM

Jan 2008
That was a great episode. The stadium scene was indeed tense and horrifying, great sound effects of the crowd too. (although a part of me wanted to laugh at the crowd reactions, the violence and poor Jessica made me sad instead)
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 30, 2009 6:00 PM

Oct 2007
Killed of my favorite character ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2009 1:20 PM

Jan 2009
This episode broke even for me. While I got to hear Yang make an awesome speech, I got to see Jessica leave the stage... :(
Sep 12, 2009 3:01 AM

Jan 2009
That was extremely intense, to be honest I didn't imagine Jessica dying so early, though yes, I foresighted it since she's a radicalist and she had a hard way to do things, but to see that man beating up her was just too much.

Yang's expression broke up my heart.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 12, 2009 10:53 PM

Aug 2008
Another very well done episode! The first half was a brilliant and utter route of Luglanju's forces. Yang is a frightening commander, despite his demeanor. It was so swift and effective, it was almost like picking apart a wounded animal. Luglanju did the correct thing, relatively speaking, killing himself. He put his pride and disrespect above the lives of his men and better sense. He owed the soldiers under him that much.

The rest of the episode just squashes the hard won victory with a horrible tragedy. That moron! Lining people up at gunpoint, threatening and beating them. And then practically beating poor Jessica to death (I don't know if she died because of that, random gunfire or blaze that engulfed the stadium afterword)after she verbally dressed him down! She was symbol to the people, a great leader and probably Yang's greatest ally. It's the most regrettable moment for me so far in the show.

5/5 easy
Oct 17, 2009 6:32 AM

Jul 2008
such a great episode

didn't think that Jessica will die so soon =.= but Yang expression broke my heart T.T

I Loved Luglanju speech Vs. Yang speech
Nov 12, 2009 6:12 AM

Dec 2008
Very poignant. While Reinhard flies into a rage at even a threat to his sister, Yang is only saddened by Jessica's death and the futility of war. If this was hollywood, Yang would be morally obliged to win at the end of the day, but I hope some surprises await.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Nov 29, 2009 3:15 AM

May 2009
What a great and intense episode!

I don't like Bagdashu, since he can just change sides that easily in order to survive. I almost wanted Julian to shoot him.

It was nice to see Yang's fleet winning over Luglanju and Luglanju comitting suicide but the episode ended in tragedy. The part at the stadium was very intense and horrifying and I can't believe they killed of Jessica like that! ;_,
I wonder how her death will affect Yang...
Dec 23, 2009 4:00 AM

Apr 2009
sad episode.
i dont want Yang to turn emo now...

damn she just get 2-3 punches, and she's dead ? o-O
anyway next ep
Dec 23, 2009 5:28 AM

Dec 2009
Well, she got hit with the gun, not with punches, lots of times . Might have been a trauma that killed her.
Dec 23, 2009 5:40 AM

Apr 2009
yeah, realized that later, tho didnt expect she's die that soon..
the series is getting better and better xD
Mar 12, 2010 2:46 PM

Apr 2009
That Bagdash/Yang/Julian scene was really good, with Bagdash turning around just to see Julian standing right there, pointing a gun at him. That look in Julian's eyes...Something tells me that he's not going to be the saint Yang wants him see.
The riot, wow...Greenhilt surely realised that they're in some trouble now, with the people and Yang against them. I wonder how this will end for him, as I didn't really get the feeling that he wanted to participate in the coup d'etat, rather he wanted to control it for the sake of the people. He's probably gonna die too. Too bad, he's a pretty good character...
I feel bad for Jessica. I didn't really like her all that much, but Yang sure did...Not very surprising that she's dead though, she was too vocal about things inconvenient for the higher-ups for her own good. Wonder how that's going to affect the politics.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 16, 2010 10:24 PM

Jul 2008
Damn, this was the episode I've been waiting for in this arc. So many great character moments. JESSICA ;_____; NOOOOOO

BEGINNER
Jul 19, 2010 10:11 AM

Jun 2008
Jessica :(

She was one of my favorite characters.
Aug 31, 2010 4:29 PM

Jan 2010
damn why would they kill jessica :-(

and that was such an useless riot by the way

i hope Yang doesn't go emo from now on :\

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 13, 2010 5:17 PM

May 2010
I am a bit late on posting here since I am way past this episode, but the riot scene was fairly shocking and powerful despite being a cartoon.
Nov 19, 2010 8:19 PM

May 2010
Oh man, they killed Eva!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 20, 2010 4:34 AM

Jun 2009
GunDumb90 said:
I am a bit late on posting here since I am way past this episode, but the riot scene was fairly shocking and powerful despite being a cartoon.

I dislike it when people consider anything animation to equal cartoon. And, inevitably, when I think of cartoon I think of kid stuff. When, believe it or not, not everything animated is intended for children.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 20, 2010 12:50 PM

Sep 2008
insan3soldiern said:
GunDumb90 said:

I dislike it when people consider anything animation to equal cartoon. And, inevitably, when I think of cartoon I think of kid stuff. When, believe it or not, not everything animated is intended for children.

not all cartoon is kid stuff. But I agree with both of you lol because you're both using different meanings of the word 'cartoon', if I'm not mistaken.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Dec 13, 2010 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
pistol whip then a riot. getting good.
Mar 16, 2011 6:27 AM

Aug 2009
Noooo Jessica :(

I'm sure Yang will be fine though. He seems to deal with things ridiculously well.

I'm more interested in what is going to happen to Julian. When he has little outbursts like that it shows how he's not just a sweet kid underneath it all.
Mar 16, 2011 8:30 PM

Aug 2009
it just occurred to me that the person in the center of this image is probably Julian when he is a bit older. And he is in between the two of them. Now I really think he will join Reinhard in a few years.

Mar 22, 2011 2:07 PM
Nov 2009
tizara said:
it just occurred to me that the person in the center of this image is probably Julian when he is a bit older. And he is in between the two of them. Now I really think he will join Reinhard in a few years.

thanks for spoiling dude. if that was true........srsly if that is true ill stop reading episode threads.... and rip jessica
Mar 22, 2011 2:51 PM

Sep 2008
dont worry, he is just speculating. You will see a lot of people doing that in lotgh threads, but most of it will just be theories.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Apr 1, 2011 7:03 AM

Feb 2010
Aww poor jessica ;_;

The riot was a fairly powerful scene.
Jul 15, 2011 7:57 AM

Aug 2009
lol at the guy with kiss marks all over him..

That stadium scene... So intense, I love it!
Aug 2, 2011 12:01 PM
Jun 2011
Yeah that stadium scene was pretty brutal. The reactions of the people seemed pretty realistic too. Yang should be pissed, but he's such a pacifist. Looks like Julian wants to get more hardcore.
Aug 27, 2011 5:08 PM
Jul 2010
Not gonna lie, Schenkopp's blitzkrieg at the beginning was a little crazy. I've never seen so many local woman flock around the general of an invasion force before. I wonder how many questionable actions Schenkopp took to get that planet under control. If the episode had focused on him more, maybe we'd have seen him too bash a protester's face in.

Very sad end for Jessica. For all their talk of military power, the coup members can't even obey a simple order like "Do it peacefully."
Oct 13, 2011 9:14 PM

Mar 2011
Fantastic episode. I enjoyed the battle, riot and gun loan scene. However, I was heart broken by the death or Jessica. I didn't think she was going to die in this episode; I really liked her character.

Stay strong Yang, stay strong.
Oct 22, 2011 2:54 AM

Aug 2010
God damn, why did Jessica have to die so soon
Oct 25, 2011 2:06 PM

Apr 2009
Oh man watching the outbreak of the riot in the stadium clinched my heart...soldiers shooting their own citizens all for the sake of "the greater cause"...

Yang's view of the world is so easy to understand, yet unattainable: Just let everyone live their life peacefully and don't hurt anyone...

..OK that's it. Time to give LotGH a 10/10 which I feel was already long overdue.
Nov 3, 2011 6:25 PM

Apr 2009
Metty said:
Killed of my favorite character ;_;

This. ;(
Dec 13, 2011 9:36 PM

Sep 2009
SixFlags said:
Oh man watching the outbreak of the riot in the stadium clinched my heart...soldiers shooting their own citizens all for the sake of "the greater cause"...

Yang's view of the world is so easy to understand, yet unattainable: Just let everyone live their life peacefully and don't hurt anyone...

..OK that's it. Time to give LotGH a 10/10 which I feel was already long overdue.

This is the episode in which I put the 10/10 in.
It's fair game now. Most shows are wrapping themselves up at this point anyways.

I love the pilots.
They are full of comedy.
Apr 15, 2012 8:33 PM

Feb 2012
So Bagdash is Detective Mouri -- Kamiya Akira's gravelly voice is so distinctive. And the two of them share the same moustache, to boot.

I really expected some measure of romance between Yang and Jessica before the series came to a close. I honestly don't know if Yang will ever be able to love again. And for as sad as it was to see Jessica's burning corpse, it was even sadder to see Yang's reaction to the news of it happening.

On a happier note, I enjoyed seeing Attenborough in action -- he and Yang are definitely cut from the same cloth.
May 4, 2012 11:09 AM

Jan 2011
That riot scene was brilliant. Probably the best scene so far in the anime. Although to be fair, any scene which has Jessica in it was pure gold anyway. Such a great character.
As always, today is the most enjoyable day.
May 13, 2012 3:20 PM

Aug 2010
The Riot scene was done really well. I didn't expect Jessica to die so soon though. 5/5 for this episode.
May 26, 2012 7:09 PM

Jun 2009
Jessica...you will be missed. For a character that only appeared in a few episodes I think she was very memorable. Some of the best moments so far, like her calling out Trunhilt in episode 3 and her bashing of that admiral in this episode and, in a different way, the riot in the stadium all were great moments.

I felt terrible seeing Yang's reaction by the way. It was a powerful moment, because it wasn't overdone. I love how this series uses body language and facial expressions so well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 24, 2013 12:40 AM

Jun 2013
OMG AMAZING EPISODE !!! The Military suppressing people with violence, and riots breaking out. This is exactly how a dictatorship is!

LOGH continues to be the MASTERPIECE !
Sep 9, 2013 5:28 AM

Apr 2012
Jessica being killed pissed me to no end. I honestly want to punch my screen when that fucker is beating her up.

However, it's still a really great episode.
Sep 12, 2013 3:57 PM

Nov 2009
That's sad, I didn't think she would die ... I mean why did nobody save her? I'm guessing she didn't die from the few punches (although it might have been possible) in which case it would have been the burning building collapsing on her that killed her ... Which would be odd. Anyways that was an epic fail on the military's part. Their days are definitely numbered.
Sep 23, 2013 11:01 PM

Jul 2011
-gets pissed off at the military in the stadium- No violence my ass.

Yang's sad face made my heart sniffle. :(

Bagdashu will probably get killed later on. By Julian. And now I can see a reason for why Julian would join the Empire, if he does.
Jan 8, 2014 9:03 AM

Jan 2012
holy didnt think they were actually gonna kill off jessica
even seeing her bleeding in the burning stadium i didnt realize until the report
Jan 13, 2014 12:42 AM

Aug 2013
man this episode was so good didn't think Jessica died she only got hit a couple of times :(
Feb 11, 2014 10:42 PM

Sep 2008
And there goes Jessica. I guess everyone could guess how it would end when that asshole decided to put 10 in line...

I think I need to give this 10/10 eventhough we aren't even past the first quater!
Apr 10, 2014 1:13 AM

Mar 2013
RIP Jessica, heartbreaking to watch.
May 9, 2014 1:39 AM

Apr 2013
Poor Jessica, I hope she really isn't dead it's too soon for her.
Jun 2, 2014 5:12 PM

Sep 2012
Aw, they killed Jessica off. I was expecting her and Yang to get together. Poor Yang.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
Jun 3, 2014 5:54 PM

Sep 2011
I have been enjoying the series but so far it was only really liking it. This was the first episode i really loved and im really interested in what comes next. Though i feel like jessica's death felt a tad bit pre-emptive and that they could had done more with this character before offing her.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tainteddonut - Jun 4, 2008

160 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 2, 2008

431 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

140 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

134 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 4:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.