Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2010 5:05 AM

Jan 2009
"There's no saving point" - this really made my day
"If people want to achieve time travel,they should just put Haruhi on a spaceship.She'd probably just ignore the theory of relativity." - Kyon
Oct 7, 2010 5:24 AM

Jul 2010
hmmm, i think its rather tragic that he finally gets the girl to fall in love with him but she then loses all memory of whatever moments they shared right after....

but other than that, its a great first episode~ and Elsee is cute!
Oct 7, 2010 6:15 AM

Jan 2010
I liked this.
Oct 7, 2010 6:18 AM

Jan 2010
3d pig disgusting
Ok™
Oct 7, 2010 6:41 AM

Apr 2009
*sigh* katsuragi is even hoter now <3
Oct 7, 2010 6:52 AM

Aug 2009
loved it...the OP was great, the ED was great, and the voice cast was what I had pictured from the manga...this maybe my fave for this season
Oct 7, 2010 7:04 AM

Sep 2010
Reality vs Virtual Reality...... Great concept.....

Applying Virtual Reality theories to Reality.... just epic.....

btw I also like Virtual Reality than the Reality...... but I always fail to apply them in Reality..... :P
Oct 7, 2010 7:05 AM

Oct 2008
I thought it was awesome! :D
It has a great plot, great characters and some well fitting voices :)
Think I'll definately keep watching it!
Oct 7, 2010 7:08 AM

Jun 2008
ringoo4 said:
Kantarou said:
Shiken said:
i think they made elsee just a slight bit too adult looking, and keima a little too young in some scenes, especially some of the comedy scenes when he was spazzing, he looked like a little kid, and the VA did NOT help that.. why couldnt it be jun? T_T
Not to me, a more mature looking Elsie is <3. As for Keima, I feel the exact opposite than you do. Keima looks much more younger in the manga, which is EXACTLY the reason why I prefer Hiro voicing him over Jun. It's because I thought Jun's Lelouch voice would be a bit old for him... and then the anime goes and makes him look slightly older lol. Doesn't matter, I'll still stand by the casting decision till the very end.

Couldn't say it better myself. :)

Totally agree. And no matter what, i think Hiro really does a great voice for Keima. Lets Leave Jun alone, he already has too many roles;D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 7, 2010 7:12 AM

Dec 2009
Everything was great, the comedy , the romance , even the smallest detail. I'll give it a 10/10 for the first ep , hope it keeps up <3 .
Oct 7, 2010 7:15 AM

Jun 2009
I expected that they might actually ruin it, but it seems like they won't. Voice acting is pretty good(especially Elsee), animation is smooth and all, character design is a bit off at moments but it's good most of the time. The only thing that bugged me some more is that they finished Ayumi arc in just half an episode, expected it to be longer.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 7, 2010 7:41 AM

Apr 2009
They look a lot older in the anime I think. Impressed none the less.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Oct 7, 2010 7:57 AM

Dec 2008
Oh this was SO good! Can't wait till the next ep!!
Oct 7, 2010 8:00 AM

Jul 2010
Awesome ;D
Oct 7, 2010 8:21 AM

Aug 2010
My day just got 100% better by watching this. I decided to watch this on a whim and it was so good. Fuck yeah!
Oct 7, 2010 8:31 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, never thought the anime will be that colorful. Anyway, the animation is nice and overall is okay. ^.^
Good start though I feel it a little bit rushed...

Uhm, Chihiro's design turn out to be better than what I expected. Ayumi... I like the manga version better, but the anime is okay. Keima and Else, look a little bit mature...

Ayumi's voice seems a bit different from what I expected. Maybe Ayana just being used to some character that sounds like that. Anyway, it still sounds good to me. In my opinion, Hiro and Itou just do a good job in their roles.

So, will we only see the capture until Shiori as the OP only show 4 capture candidates?
niwa87Oct 7, 2010 8:36 AM
Oct 7, 2010 8:52 AM
Nov 2009
yabechi's voice O..o nvm that, great start!!
Oct 7, 2010 9:01 AM

Aug 2008
hoo soo cutee XDDD
can't wait to the next episode~ :D

Your life is just little part of this world...

Oct 7, 2010 9:18 AM

Jul 2009
huhsmile said:
*sigh* katsuragi is even hoter now <3

......Hmmmm.........

You said something? :3

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 7, 2010 9:50 AM

Sep 2009
I have never so badly wanted to hate an anime and find myself unable to. No matter that the concept is otaku-bait and that the protagonist is the epitome of every negative otaku stereotype (misanthropy, zero social skills, anal retentiveness, perverse sexual lust, unwarranted self-importance), the show still managed to draw me in. And it even wrapped up my one favored plot hole ("What happens when his 'conquests' start piling up? Nice boat?") by giving the girls Laser-Guided amnesia. I'll be watching this.

Also, Elsee is a hottie. :D
Oct 7, 2010 10:08 AM

Jan 2010
It was great :D .. One of the animes to watch out for this season..

Animation is great. Music and VA's are Ok.. I also hoped Jun Fukuyama would voice this but I think he already has too many roles already.. but Hiro Shimono is also did a good job voicing this one, I'm not disappointed at all.. I think Elci's design was also ok.. but I prefer the manga version, She's cuter there..

and also.. even though he didn't say it in a grand way as I hoped, when Keima said "I can see the ending", it was great for me :D

Anyways.. this was really good, hope it will not be ruined :D
Oct 7, 2010 10:08 AM

Jun 2008
Now i want to play dating sim games.
Oct 7, 2010 11:15 AM

Jun 2010
This was awsome. Especially the themes.
Oct 7, 2010 11:45 AM

Sep 2010
Since the manga is one of my top favorites, I may compare the anime's direction a bit unfairly...but here goes:

Animation: I have no problems with the animation; though the models did seem off at times, it was quite consistent and I love how colorful the anime is. The SD models are also cute, so this gets 9/10 so far.

Characters: Although it is admittedly funny to see Keima spaz, I don't quite like how he differs from the manga Keima. He also blushes too much for a guy who starts out not being interested in real-life girls at all. No comment on Elsee yet, I may need to re-read the chapters as I keep watching. 7/10 so far.

Voice acting: Eh, Keima sounds alright. Though I rather expected him to sound older since he looks older here, I feel that Hiro Shimono will improve on his performance from here and there's the issue about his script. Elsee on the other hand sounds cute and very fitting. 8/10.

Overall, I'd say it's a favorable episode that serves as a pretty good introduction for the people who did not read the manga. Otherwise, I have to say that I really wanted to see Keima's line about his teacher in the anime, and that did add more to my disappointment.
Oct 7, 2010 12:08 PM

Sep 2008
Black_Jack said:
I have never so badly wanted to hate an anime and find myself unable to. No matter that the concept is otaku-bait and that the protagonist is the epitome of every negative otaku stereotype (misanthropy, zero social skills, anal retentiveness, perverse sexual lust, unwarranted self-importance), the show still managed to draw me in. And it even wrapped up my one favored plot hole ("What happens when his 'conquests' start piling up? Nice boat?") by giving the girls Laser-Guided amnesia. I'll be watching this.

Actually he's never struck me as a pervert before. Maybe the hair tying thing and the bloomers is what gave you that impression. I'm pretty sure he just gets caught up in the differences between his fantasy world and reality though. That's having read a pretty large chunk of the manga though, so first impression I guess could be different if you haven't. Not to mention that it could be something that didn't carry over (god I hope not).

Also I've always chalked up the unwarranted self importance to the fact that
Oct 7, 2010 12:18 PM

Sep 2010
Gangler said:
Actually he's never struck me as a pervert before. Maybe the hair tying thing and the bloomers is what gave you that impression. I'm pretty sure he just gets caught up in the differences between his fantasy world and reality though. That's having read a pretty large chunk of the manga though, so first impression I guess could be different if you haven't. Not to mention that it could be something that didn't carry over (god I hope not).D

I'm agreeing with what Gangler said; Keima may appear to be a pervert because of all of the things he mentioned but as you progress, you'll see that he's really that out of touch with reality that he can't stand girls who appear different from the ones who appear in dating sims. In short, add elitism to the list of negative traits.

Incidentally, that favored plot hole of yours develops in an interesting way a lot of chapters afterwards. :D
Oct 7, 2010 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
Never read the manga, but this was very entertaining. Looking forward to more.
Oct 7, 2010 12:42 PM

Sep 2009
Gangler said:
Black_Jack said:

Actually he's never struck me as a pervert before. Maybe the hair tying thing and the bloomers is what gave you that impression. I'm pretty sure he just gets caught up in the differences between his fantasy world and reality though. That's having read a pretty large chunk of the manga though, so first impression I guess could be different if you haven't. Not to mention that it could be something that didn't carry over (god I hope not).

I should explain. I spend a lot of time on TV Tropes, so that tends to bleed over into my comments. Look up the "Perverse Sexual Lust" article and all will be explained. I never meant he was necessarily a pervert.

And I have yet to see any genius. :/
Oct 7, 2010 12:49 PM

Mar 2010
Yoshii-kun??Himeji-san??
Well that's what came to my mind the first seconds, but it went away immediately..It may not be Baka but it sure is as fun and amusing..My PFP??Who thought of that??Hilarious!
It is going to be great.Can't wait for next week!!
Oct 7, 2010 1:33 PM

Sep 2008
Black_Jack said:
Gangler said:
Black_Jack said:

I should explain. I spend a lot of time on TV Tropes, so that tends to bleed over into my comments. Look up the "Perverse Sexual Lust" article and all will be explained. I never meant he was necessarily a pervert.

Ah. Within that context your statement is actually 100% accurate. As far as genius you're gonna have to give that one some time, but I considered the whole noticing that she ties her hair whenever giving her all as an early example of his observational skills. This is imo another thing that lacked the impact it had in the manga, but this time was unavoidable. The line about giving her all being said while tying her hair retains more significance when placed 5 minutes from the conclusion drawn from it than it does when a good 30 pages of dialogue are between.

This being said they kept his interactions with his gal game characters pretty platonic, so that's also a boon. His feelings in general seem to fit more into the "proper" definition of moe. Feelings of blooming as you root for the character or something like that.
Oct 7, 2010 3:07 PM

Jan 2010
Well, this seems to be the best anime this season so far. I'll keep watching because it made me laugh, so far so good.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Oct 7, 2010 3:35 PM

Aug 2009
I expected Keima to say "I can see the ending" with an epic voice. Thats at least how I imagine it when reading the manga. Anyway great 1st episode. Fall season has not been disappointing so far.
Oct 7, 2010 3:50 PM

Aug 2009
Gangler said:
Oct 7, 2010 4:04 PM

Sep 2008
One thing I would love is if I could get an explanation of the pfp thing. It seems to be a psp, but I don't know if they just have a different name for it in japan or if they're avoiding copyright infringement. Is this a famicom type situation of a WcDonalds type situation?
Oct 7, 2010 4:09 PM

Aug 2009
Guh. My favorite manga has become an anime. Mixed emotions.

I don't like Keima's voice. Probably a large reason for that being because he just voiced Yabe for Mitsudomoe, and Keima ≠ Yabe sensei, at all. I also feel Keima just doesn't seem as awesome as he did in the manga. Oh well.

I enjoyed the episode overall though, and The World God Only Knows just doesn't ever get old.
Oct 7, 2010 4:13 PM

Aug 2009
Gangler said:
One thing I would love is if I could get an explanation of the pfp thing. It seems to be a psp, but I don't know if they just have a different name for it in japan or if they're avoiding copyright infringement. Is this a famicom type situation of a WcDonalds type situation?
Yep. It's simply a parody of PSP. BUT MUCH GODLY.
Oct 7, 2010 4:16 PM

Aug 2009
ringoo4 said:
Gangler said:

IT HAS A KEYBOARD!
Oct 7, 2010 4:25 PM

Oct 2007
akromataof said:
Yoshii-kun??Himeji-san??

i guess thats why i dislike his voice so much... just finished watching baka test and the characters are just so different, he could have at least changed his tone of voice =/

ah well mabye he'll grow into it a bit more..

after rewatching it, i dont really like the changes they made to the kiss scene... what was the point of falling halfway down the stairs? and she didnt take his hand while she asked if he'd come cheer for her.. =/
as well as afterwords, i liked in the manga how she was showing off being in the paper all buddy-buddy like, then asking why she was talking to him... lol
ShikenOct 7, 2010 4:34 PM
Oct 7, 2010 4:38 PM

Sep 2008
garfield15 said:
ringoo4 said:
Gangler said:

IT HAS A KEYBOARD!
See it's functions like that that were throwing me through a loop. I was beginning to wonder whether psp's were much more badass in japan, especially considering the robust library of eroge this series would have me believe are available on it. The eroge market could have accounted for the system selling much better in japan and thus having add-ons that they don't sell here in north america. It sounds like I might have been overthinking though.

Still, his PFP is badass and I want one.
Oct 7, 2010 4:40 PM

Aug 2009
Shiken said:
akromataof said:
Yoshii-kun??Himeji-san??

i guess thats why i dislike his voice so much... just finished watching baka test and the characters are just so different, he could have at least changed his tone of voice =/

ah well mabye he'll grow into it a bit more..
If you don't know, Keima's screams and stupid antics in manga are as frequent, childish and ridiculous as Yoshii, but never less. Also, it's the first episode, and Keima wasn't really' notably' awesome in the first chapter of the manga, either. His true godliness was in hibernation until the 'capturing god mode' chapter.
Oct 7, 2010 5:01 PM

Jun 2007
i was also thinking of keima as some sort of takajun.... because of the epic lelouch voice i thought keima doing, however, i also see the takatoshi screaming.... so... i think it fits him well, i just hope he makes epic-er voices for the whole "i can already see the ending"

i am also truly happy about this becoming an anime. i don't know why elsee didn't seem as childish as she did in the manga (her voice is also not childish enough) but either way, i think she is still awesome, and we need some firetrucks.

this first episode did good service to the manga, and i loved it. i also love the very epicly OP. what did ruin it for me was the subs. i think i watched the wrong subs... or the ones worst translated.... otamegane shouldn't have been translated, but rather explained.... and elsee is not elce...... but either way, epic manga is epic anime. and season two is just as lovely
Oct 7, 2010 5:05 PM

Jun 2007
good anime good

yeah i like the art, i ofcourse like the story, still a bit peeved that Jun Fukuyama wasnt chosen to play Keima, but looks like Hiro Shimono is doing a good job as well
Oct 7, 2010 5:15 PM

Nov 2009
People should read the manga before watching for the full affect. xP

Btw, I think the PFP is a combination of a PSP and a cell phone or something. xP

Unrelated: I keep thinking combine-ment is a word.... but the word is combination.
Oct 7, 2010 5:22 PM

Jun 2009
Black_Jack said:

Keima is not lustful towards fictional girls. It's more that he admires them. He sees them as perfection.

And he is a genius. You shall see....
AidanAK47Oct 7, 2010 5:26 PM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Oct 7, 2010 5:43 PM

Nov 2008
AidanAK47 said:
Black_Jack said:

Keima is not lustful towards fictional girls. It's more that he admires them. He sees them as perfection.

Give them time Aidan. They will soon come to understand how awesome Keima really is.

Oct 7, 2010 6:16 PM

May 2010
Very funny and entertaining.
Oct 7, 2010 7:59 PM

Dec 2009
I'm kinda surprised I liked this, but it was actually pretty enjoyable as a bit of light fun.

And I want that school's rooftop. *so jealous*
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Oct 7, 2010 9:05 PM

Mar 2009
With the exception of all the season 2 anime I've been watching(Letter Bee, arakawa), and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, finally, another great start to what otherwise seems like a very lackluster season.
Oct 7, 2010 9:14 PM

Mar 2009
FujinKeima said:
rarri said:
I was born to watch this.
Oct 7, 2010 10:46 PM

Sep 2009
AidanAK47 said:
Black_Jack said:

Riiiiight. Well, I'll wait and see. But the whole "fictional girls are better than real girls" train of thought is a negative stereotype that annoys me.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

reireireireirei - Dec 22, 2010

346 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Apr 19, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2010

198 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

247 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2010

212 by Antanaru »»
Nov 20, 2023 3:49 AM

» This anime has really beautiful music.

LordKirkis - Oct 9, 2023

18 by aDamas_46 »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.