Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 25, 2010 9:17 PM

Mar 2009
Making me all sad there at the end = p. Awesome ep!
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Oct 31, 2010 12:59 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode, I'm glad I managed to catch up to the show again :)
Nov 26, 2010 3:50 PM

Nov 2009
An extremely good episode. More great fighting scenes with Natsu, and Gajeel diverts the lightning away from Natsu with his iron.

The best part is the parade in the second half of the episode. The characters looked great, and the magic tricks were beautiful.

When everyone raised their hand and made the symbol, that really got to me. One of the better anime scenes I have seen, and another great scene from Fairy Tail ;)
Nov 27, 2010 9:49 AM

May 2008
L-Laxus.. ;A;

just when he's aware of his mistakes now... ;A;
Nov 28, 2010 5:59 AM

Apr 2009
Best Episode for me now EPIC!!! a very touching episode GREAT!!! It feels like it's the last episode but it's not; mixed emotions happy & sad XD
Edge12Nov 28, 2010 7:52 AM

Dec 28, 2010 3:02 PM

Sep 2010
Of course... it was so touching... : http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3072/fairyfinger.png

(first screen sub : Have you seen it Grandpa?)
Apr 2, 2011 8:23 AM

Oct 2010
Season 1 ended!
5/5 for the whole series, kanpai!

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Jun 9, 2011 12:35 PM
Aug 2009
it seems laxus has an heart
laxus finger signature made by all fairy tail members was touching
gray the prince charming
awesome episode
Jun 10, 2011 12:19 PM
Aug 2010
nice ep.....laxus law 4 life
Jun 25, 2011 2:05 AM

Mar 2007
Wow, If i didn't know any better, I'd be thinking this is the last episode of the series!

Thank god its only the end of the Arc. It was a very Star Wars: A new Hope ending-ish. Although i've never seen an ending like that in an anime (from all the 100000's of episodes) That was THE MOST refreshing ending to an arc i've ever seen. Such a great way to close the arc. I :'( a few times in this arc and in this episode.

Definitely the best part of the arc was Mirajanes Devil change. My heart skipped a few beats when i saw it :) Also very interesting to see how that pointing up to the sky thing originated from Laxus. Baww tears here they comezz....

Oh man i cant wait to see how the next arc ends. Parades are always fun! especially Disneyland/Carnivale/magicshow parades.
RanivusJun 25, 2011 2:08 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jul 23, 2011 6:31 AM
Nov 2010
Wow, what a great episode, I feel sorry that Laxus is leaving and I'm glad Gajeel is still a good guy... Once again: a great episode!
Aug 31, 2011 9:36 AM

Apr 2011
One thing I've noticed about this series is that I end up shedding a few silent tears every other episode :P But I cry easily, so... it isn't too surprising since it's so emotionally charged.

I'm actually a little sad to see Laxus go, but he kinda needed to get his ass kicked. And I'm so, so, so happy about Gajeel. If he'd turned out to be a bad guy, I would have been heartbroken.

Great episode!
Sep 18, 2011 1:24 PM

Jul 2010
Birondo said:
nice festival...em.. fantasia.

and now his grandson been expelled :(

he has no choice, can't give him special laws that let him does what he wants.

also, in the previews, when happy said "flags" did he mean "that" kind of flag?
negative1111 said:
holypoop said:
LAXUS, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
I really didn't like that everyone in the guild did the hand signal, I thought that would've been a nice thing that only Master and Laxus shared. But no, they had to make it cheesy. I don't know, I might be the only one who feels this way.
Also. Natsu.. It's starting to piss me off how he always gets to be the hero. I get that this is a shounen, and there's always that one character who's strong as fuck, but really now? God, this is one of the reasons why I'm not a big shounen fan.
Either way, great episode. Best one in a while, almost had me crying (I would've cried if it wasn't for my mom being in the same room).

Really agree on that everyone shouldnt have made the handsign... i mean... wtf? lucy? did she even know him?

dont u guys remember around the start of the show they did that? gramps got that sign from luxus and decided that was a great thing to share with the rest of the guild. but that doesnt mean its not extra special between luxus and gramps.

Nov 12, 2011 12:29 PM

Aug 2011
and...dropped
Nov 23, 2011 3:59 PM

Apr 2010
in the previous episodes i really really really hated Laxus and wanted him to be expelled but now i feel so bad for him :( and the end made me cry, it was so sad and beautiful at the same time :'( i also raised my hand with the rest of fairy tail :P
Nov 24, 2011 5:02 PM

Nov 2007
a few bandages and everything is back to normal? seems underwhelming.

don't like Natsu always getting the glory either.

still I also wanted Laxus to stay by the end.... and we see Gajeel isn't so bad he's a double agent. heh, kinda figured.

and Ultear was screwing with Jellal all along and there is another big bad.
Nov 27, 2011 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing so far
Dec 10, 2011 10:08 AM
Nov 2011
Waaaahhhhhhh!!!!!! u made me cry wahhhhhhh!!!! plus fantasia looked super awesome looked the juvia and gray thing
Dec 11, 2011 8:20 PM

Nov 2007
Laxus!! hate you for making me cry~! i don't want you to leave fairy tail..
doing *fairy tail sign* .. woooo! Love that scene! Forever Fairy Tail!

I reaaaalllly love this Arc! :D
Mar 3, 2012 1:08 AM
Sep 2011
I really didn't think they were going to be able to make me feel bad for this arcs villain this time... but i was wrong. I ended up feeling sorry for him and wanting him to stay.

Oh well. I really liked that Gajeel and Natsu worked together that was really cool and then Gajeel even took the attack meant for Natsu :)

I like Gajeel being a member of Fairy Tail so I hope he is not a triple agent.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Feb 21, 2013 9:55 AM
Feb 2013
Fairy Tail made me crying again :P
EXCELLENT EPISODE!! :D

but i simply HATE this thing going on between Gray and Juvia .. they surely shouldn't be together!
Mar 23, 2013 2:55 PM

Dec 2012
I don't want to sound like an ass but I just hated this episode :/
I mean having everyone survive because "deep down" Laxus didn't see them as enemies was really retarded and I also didn't like that obvious One Piece ripoff at the end (Vivi's farewell).
Apr 27, 2013 4:56 AM

Feb 2011
Reptile55 said:
...having everyone survive because "deep down" Laxus didn't see them as enemies was really retarded ....

This didn't "bother" me quite to the same degree, but I was a little disappointed over the suddenness of it. Laxus was ready to flippin' murder everyone and was so rage fueled that the whole fairy law failure and his sudden amends with gramps at the very end seemed almost like an excuse for a happier ending. I feel like they should have either kicked up Laxus's internal conflict to more than just a flashback and frustration over his grandfather's lack of response, or toned down his rage just a teeny bit. Even after fairy law failed, he still went full out trying to destroy Natsu.

Either way, I still really enjoyed the ep. Gajeel's really grown on me, and his interactions with Natsu are hysterical. Also really liked seeing everyone performing in the parade. I still can't see Juvia and Gray as a couple, but they did look pretty cool up on their float.
May 18, 2013 12:57 PM

Jul 2011
Luxus... Don't go T_T </3

May 22, 2013 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
Holy balls, chills down my spine... I seriously didn't think it was possible for this anime. I cant lie about it.
Jun 7, 2013 2:11 PM

Sep 2009
End of Season 1.

Feel so bad for Laxus even though he did everything before. Dang.

Don't know if I should just continue straight away or take a break before coming back and watching the second season. This felt like a final episode.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jul 15, 2013 2:44 PM

May 2012
Really great ending of this arc and the parade was just beautiful! Did we really see Igneel in that lava looking place? Natsu won the epic fight and well in the end he got expelled so lets see if we'll see his grandson in the future or not! Either way great closure of this arc, lets see what's next!
Nov 19, 2013 6:04 AM

Oct 2013
Fantastic episode all around. I actually cried at the end.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 15, 2013 1:33 AM
May 2013
This Episode was soooo emotional!! It almost had me in tears
Jan 8, 2014 8:56 PM

Dec 2012
The last moment with the sign was awesome. :)
Goodbye Laxus...
Jan 10, 2014 10:49 AM
Sep 2012
Well as some of you may or may not this was writtend and indented to be the series finale?

So I ask this before, how does this episode compare to episode 175 as far as finales are concerned?
Jan 25, 2014 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
Natsu almost lost the battle if Gajeel didn't helped him.That was a real man fight.This Natsu is so strong! ^^
So Igneel and all dragons are alive,it's very important and btw Igneel don't care that Natsu is exceeding his powers,because he is not,Igneel believes in him and in his strengh.Natsu won't die,stfu you blue flying ball xDD
Natsu speech was epic?ahahaha i don't know if i can considere it as a speech.
Sad song playing when Laxus raised his hand,Natsu's face said everything,Laxus is a good guy he was just confused and he loves Makarov.
Makarov was very strong with Laxus,i know it's sad but it had to be that way,he deserved that.Thats why he got kicked from the Fairy Tail,but we could see Makarov crying face :( In that moment i felt sad for Laxus.
Ultear?She is also related to Ivan?And Jellal is alive?too much mysteries.
So Gajeel wasn't a traitor he was a spy :D
The part when Laxus remembers his childhood was very sad,his hand movement,they all made it for him in the Fantasia party.Laxus cried! :(
Great Ending for this Arc.As always :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 13, 2014 10:54 AM
Jul 2013
Natsu is the strongest of Fairy Tail, very good episode.
Feb 23, 2014 3:12 AM

Jun 2013
That ending when Laxus starts walking away and then has a feeling, turns around and sees the sign..... man.... that gave me goosebumps that I haven't gotten in a long, long time.
Mar 13, 2014 9:07 PM

Aug 2013
Hades eh? Also Laxus finally expelled, kinda expected that but a lot of people seemed pretty sad about it.
My Candies:
May 23, 2014 1:39 AM
Aug 2010
Just finished the episode. I don't mean to be a Debbie downer, but just a few of my thoughts:

-Like one or two others have said, I found the fighting animations a bit boring and repetitive. Nothing really new, just "grr, I'm angry now!" followed with "take these punches and stay down."

-I don't see how the vast majority of the people commenting are sympathizing that much with Laxus. Yes, he has his sob story, but he was willing to hurt, kill?, and use his guild members (same argument for the other Raijin team members). He even seemed fine when he seemingly killed Natsu. I'd be shocked if he wasn't expelled, although I do agree with the majority of Nikoko's post above. Maybe I have more issue with how Laxus was painted very heavy-handedly. A little bit more character complexity would be nice.

-As much as it annoyed me when Gajeel joined up after being a real bastard in the previous story arc, learning more about his past in this episode made me feel much better about overlooking what he did. Maybe Laxus has some explanation later on that would paint him in a somewhat more believable (or at least understandable) light, rather than a largely over-the-top frenemy.

I'm enjoying the show, but I am feeling a bit strained at all of the "I know you tried to kill us, but we beat you and all is forgiven. Let's be friends now, kay?" going on. Animefan82's post a couple pages back pretty much nailed my thoughts dead on about how serious this show is starting to *not* feel. It's still a good and funny show, but I'm starting to think that's all it will be: just "good." I hope it grows better over time.
Gridley17May 23, 2014 10:06 AM
Jun 2, 2014 8:14 PM

May 2013
Nice arc, fairy tail is not half bad, so far I have to say I'm liking it more than the other two big shounens I have watched(Naruto and Bleach).
Jun 25, 2014 10:32 PM
Jun 2014
Usually I would be pretty mad that Plotsu defeated Laxus. However there were obviously multiple factors that led to that conclusion that lets me accepted as a decent outcome.

- Laxus went for a while with Mystogan
- He wasted magic summoning Thunder Palace and Fairy Law. Both which failed
- Natsu had help from Gajeel

With the wasted magic and 2 on 1, I didn't mind the stronger guy losing. The fact that Laxus was walking with just bandages while Natsu and Gajeel were completely busted up just further proves he was out of their league.

I feel Laxus was a very competent villain. He made Fairy Tail fight each other to save each other, out his grandfather out of commission where he normally could have stopped him, and was personally powerful.

However his motivation ultimately was a temper tantrum, in my opinion. Getting exiled from the guild was a very light punishment.

I find it annoying how FT drills friendship info you so forcefully. But when someone of the group spits all over that teaching and basically just gets told to go away, its such a...disappointment.
Aug 26, 2014 2:57 AM
Aug 2014
I know I'm so out of date but whatever. I cried tbh. I felt the feels. Luxus was just..... See! I still feel the feels xD
Aug 30, 2014 12:59 PM

Mar 2010
I want to Juvia and Gray to hook up already. The parade was excellent!! Erza was spectacular..

To bad for fairy tail to loose a strong member, though he was rebellious and didn't help much anyways...

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 5, 2014 4:58 PM

Jul 2014
wow, that parade scene ;3;
I really hope Laxus is able to rebuild himself
Oct 8, 2014 1:11 AM

Jul 2014
I'm finally getting into this show. I still think Natsu beating Laxus was underwhelming.
Dec 4, 2014 6:37 PM

Jun 2013
This was a beautiful end to an entertaining arc :)
Jan 31, 2015 3:44 PM

Nov 2014
That ending...getting Laxus to cry...it definitely made me sad & teary-eyed after being against him all this time.

The parade was so nice!!! Juvia & Gray <3 & Erza with her swords was awesome too!

But Laxus being kicked out of Fairy Tail...he deserves that, I wonder what'll happen with him and when he'll return next, or if he'll ever be allowed back into Fairy Tail. D:

The battle was awesome, and I was so happy that Gajeel took the hit for Natsu at the end so Natsu could finish Laxus :D
Mar 3, 2015 9:13 AM

Oct 2013
I tend to start liking this series and then Natsu ruins it for me. Ehh, I just can't get myself to like him. I'd prefer Laxus/Gray over him any day as the MC but okay.
On the topic, this was probably the best episode to me so far surpassing my previous FT favorite episode - 28 (Fairy Law). Maybe I should read the manga given the amount of comments I saw stating that it was superior in quality to the animation.
By the way, is it just me or do anyone else feel the soundtracks for this anime are plainly impressive! Every track feels accurately placed so far.
May 28, 2015 7:14 PM

Dec 2013

DAMN </3 SO THAT WAS WHERE IT CAME FROM. my eyes..
Aug 14, 2015 1:27 AM

Jul 2014
The best part of this episode was the send off for Laxus. And if an entire forum can go from hating the guy one episode to tearing up when he leaves, then the author/animators are doing something right.

So in the end, Gajeel is a double agent. And all Laxus wanted was for people to stop mocking his guild. His reasons were understandable but his actions are what cost him his place in the guild. This episode also introduced my Gajeel x Levy OTP.
May 31, 2016 3:38 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Real good episode, too bad Laxus had to leave. He was fun to watch despite all the mess he made.

Loved the Juvia scene, such a moment for her. I can already picture her saying how she wants to be with the man of her dreams in the parade.
That finger pose to the sky was real touching.

Jul 2, 2016 6:32 AM

Jul 2009
In the end I felt bad for Laxus...but he deserved it, he acted like a spoiled kid.
Juvia and Gray were like a disney couple LOL
Gajeel was a spy for master, good to know he is not going to betray FT.
The end was really beautiful! I almost cried...
Aug 11, 2016 5:09 PM

Jan 2016
Juvia forever with gray ^o^ <3
"you never know what you have until its gone" Only word to describe this episode with Laxus, dont want him to leave now.. also not sure if Gajeel is a bad guy or a good guy, dubble agent FT??.. curious it is yes..!

Might be a few filler these next few?
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 161 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2012

75 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 160 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Dec 7, 2012

128 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 159 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2012

149 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:32 PM

» Fairy Tail Sub or Dub?

ToxicEclipse - May 7, 2018

31 by DekuxUraraka »»
May 24, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 158 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2012

94 by Hayley2877 »»
May 24, 1:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.