Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2010 7:55 PM
Jun 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This girl is a complete moron. To give 100m to a stranger... omg
+ she forgot that the game is called LIAR GAME.
And she isn't even blond. That's amazing XD

Dec 13, 2010 10:13 AM

Oct 2009
^ lol.

I think I'm gonna like this.
Jun 30, 2011 5:55 PM

Mar 2011
I feel that this is a poorly constructed scam, and therefore, misinterpreted author. One very simple solution to the problem. You put your 100 million yen in a savings account for a month. And although you cannot give back the exact numbers, you actually gain money and can repay the debt immediately.
Oct 30, 2011 1:29 PM

Aug 2010
the whole ''genius'' thing was a bit overreacted. At the end I wasn't a bit suprised by how they took this money back. Also The Genius Guy isn't so intriguing as I expected him to be. kinda disappointing. oh well, we'll see.
Apr 30, 2013 9:29 AM

Aug 2012
Rating 8.66? And first chapter was big disappointment.

-Some stranger from the list threatens you about 100 milion yen debt and lawyer cant do shit about that?
-Girls gives away 100mln yen to guy that is her enemy? Couldnt she hide it by herself? I hope she will be more dynamic character and she will change.
-She got into this game cuz she opened box, so she is somehow forced to do it, so for lawyer it should be possible to do something with it!

Plot and that how the game works seemed to be intresting but for me first chapter executed it in poorly. Looking forward to see how scammer master will solve shit :D!

SAMOAK said:
I feel that this is a poorly constructed scam, and therefore, misinterpreted author. One very simple solution to the problem. You put your 100 million yen in a savings account for a month. And although you cannot give back the exact numbers, you actually gain money and can repay the debt immediately.

Dont you think some people would get curious about that, how she got all this money? I guess her work does not give her that much income if she even have any work. Those people who work in bank wouldnt try to work with someone suspicious.
JeycoppApr 30, 2013 9:35 AM
Jun 9, 2013 4:38 PM

Feb 2012
I was hesitating to start new manga. It was good I started this series.

First of, I really like Liar Game concept overall, it's so simple and not so complex one either.

And I can understand Nao why she don't want to be liar, that's why she didn't do anything to hide that 100 million, because she didn't figured out her favorite teacher could be liar, she was kind of like hypnotized state. Fujisawa used Nao and knew he will succeed taking her money, because she had known her status as telling honest things and not lying. So Nao could't predict that his teacher would betray her and took the money. Also lie teacher told was really truthful lie you could actually believe it.

This just show true meaning behind this manga Don't trust anyone! and also that money is always thing that will make people greedy and powerful. I don't believe that lawyer is good guy either why else he mentioned Shinichi's name. And every people in Liar Game seems somehow twisted and mentally crazy.

Those symbols at beginning where amazing, some reminded me of Kingdom Hearts 2 and some were like strings which were spinning all over. Which means this manga is probably going to be really confusing at somepoint. Art style is nice too, some background art is really designed well like that money cover. I liked also how Nao looked and his character design was pretty interesting. Shinich looks cool guy who don't really follow no one's orders, but when girl is crying can you really resist that?
MixxuJun 9, 2013 4:42 PM
Sep 23, 2013 9:37 PM
Jul 2018
SAMOAK said:

You're not understanding one of the rules. THE SAME BILLS HAVE TO BE RETURNED. Thus putting them in any sort of savings account would be impossible.

Anyway, very interesting first chapter. I knew that guy was going to betray her, that much was obvious. But i'll be interested in seeing how smart this con man is. I've heard there are awesome, Death Note-level mind games in the series, and that's what i'm really looking forward to. I like the idea, and it seems like the rules have most of their main bases covered. I expect there are loopholes that will be exploited later on.
Apr 18, 2014 5:17 PM

Nov 2011
Oh shit that ending...oh snap.

This is going to be quite interesting with the games. Let it begin. The reward is quite high I see.
Feb 12, 2015 10:36 PM

Nov 2009
haha the MC is going to have a rough time in this series, she is wayyy too naive. Poor kid. Anyways, the idea of going to a con artist to help you from getting conned seems kind of . . . Misguided.
Aug 12, 2015 9:01 AM

Jan 2015
StormSky92 said:
SAMOAK said:

You're not understanding one of the rules. THE SAME BILLS HAVE TO BE RETURNED. Thus putting them in any sort of savings account would be impossible.

Fine. Then you do get a 100M debt. But since you already have them in an account, you can give it back immediaty, thus avoiding interests. So the point remains. However I agree that depositing such a huge sum would arouse curiosity, if not suspicion.

"You opened the box, you have to play !"... Hmm, how about NO ?
"But... but you'll have a huge debt"... I don't remember signing anything. Go fuck yourself.

That's pretty much what should have happened. Instead we get a birdbrain lady getting desperate and tricked... And the art is definitely not top-notch.

Kinda confused about this first chapter. It establishes a nice setting, but it's based on a flawed basis :/
HapHazrDAug 12, 2015 9:38 AM
May 28, 2016 6:45 PM
Apr 2014
I enjoy the concept of this. Yet I can't say that this was a good showing so far. Yet only one chapter in.
Oct 24, 2016 4:12 AM

Aug 2012
Imagine you get released and straight away there is 100 mil and a girl just begging to be taken... life is good
Feb 2, 2017 7:40 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm I just read Tomodachi Game, and it looked like this. So this was like the original eh? Where there are betrayals and stuffs.

Mar 28, 2017 2:07 PM

Apr 2010
This manga was made by the same person who created One Outs so I definitely had to try this. I like the idea. I can honestly say I probably would've been fooled by the teacher too. I don't like the art all that much. It kind of freaks me out. I don't understand why everyone's jaw stretches a mile long. But anyway, I liked the first chapter and will continue :)

Dec 14, 2017 12:51 PM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
It was a strange game, right?
Well, the girl was cheated by the teacher and now needs the help of this young, i hoper she can recover the money!!!
Jan 9, 2019 4:47 PM

Nov 2016
Oh girl, I don't care if it was your teacher, you can't just trust him with the money.

Interesting start, guess this will be fun to binge.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 23, 2019 8:09 PM

Aug 2015
I'm not gonna say anything about how gullible she is because I don't doubt that there are people like that in the world, but of course she arrives at the teacher's house at the exact moment he's bragging on the phone, and he's talking so loud that she can listen from the outside... come on, man. Of course I'm not gonna judge a manga by the first chapter and will keep reading, since most people consider it to be good, but a poor use of such a common trope right at the beginning is very annoying.

β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β˜†γ΅γ‚γ΅γ‚γ‚‹β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“γ΅γ‚γ΅γ‚γ‚Šβ˜†β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      ❀ BE KAWAII ❀         
Nov 9, 2020 4:35 PM
Dec 2019
NAO SO CUTE ANS THE ARTWORK OF THIS STORY SO NICE.... U can tell This psychological w the Way the Artwork changes at Certain scenes... I am Very intrigued so Far its very nice, introducing the Main conflict and the Character introducing is quick but doesn't Personally feel Rushed, and its nice how this Oxymoron is playing out, nao is extremely Honest and trusting + The whole point Is 2 lie ... And how her working with Akiyama will work? He's already a scam Artist so Will he betray her, Will we see how his moral Compass works or Is it like death note Where its basically Showing how Humans rely on a Way too fragile and fake Idea of MMoral compasses and What is right and Wrong in the End.
Apr 26, 2021 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
0/10

This plot is so dumb.... Why does this have such high rating? Plot holes in just the first chapter are so big and obvious it surprises me that neither the mangaka nor his editor fixed them before shipping it. This is unacceptable for a Manga that sells itself as a pseudo intellectual, death note-esque story. Such disappointment.

First of all the game's rules don't make any sense.

Tells you that you are automatically signed up for their game for breaking the box's seal... not a signed documents to legally bind you to their rules, not something that proves the players owe them any money in court, A BROKEN SEAL... whoever gave the players the money already fucked up if the players said I'm just gonna steal this or give it to the police or whatever.

They also specify the numeration of the bills they Give to the players for some reason, but if you think about it it doesn't matter since there's no punishment for giving different bills, they only want the exact amount they gave the players. so you could just invest in something or put in a savings account for a month, make a profit and give it back the day they collect the money.

Terrible first impression. Will read at least 15 chapters to not judge by first impression only, but if other chapters are as stupid as this one I'm gonna be pissed
removed-userApr 26, 2021 6:11 AM
Sep 25, 2021 8:43 AM

Jan 2017
Interesting concept that plays with people's guilt, knew that teacher was suspicious the moment he met with Nao again
Mar 10, 2023 1:44 AM
Jan 2023
so many plot holes it hurts, and the mc is dumber than a rock

i hope it gets better bc despite that im rlly interested!
Dec 3, 2023 6:29 AM

Apr 2015
After reading One outs, I definitely wanted more of Shinobu Kaitani's psychological works so gonna start this.
Let's see how this goes, Survival games are always exciting!
Feb 22, 7:46 PM
Mar 2018
Good character intro for the MC and story, I'm intrigued.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 203 Discussion (Newly Written Chapter 202)

Mana - Aug 15, 2016

4 by DebiPS »»
Apr 14, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 105 Discussion

en_____ - Mar 6, 2010

15 by DebiPS »»
Apr 4, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 22 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jul 6, 2008

13 by DebiPS »»
Mar 21, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 138 Discussion

belatkuro - Jul 21, 2010

18 by jeffu »»
Mar 13, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 113 Discussion

Doutei-kun - Jun 3, 2020

1 by sjruruchuchu »»
Jan 27, 7:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.