Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 28, 2021 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't actually gotten around to finishing this show over the 4 years i've been on and off watching it, coming back and rewatching the first 30 episodes before my interest in other anime makes me put it on hold, but I always come back to this arc, it's one of my favourites in all of anime, I really hope the rest of the series continues to have moments as great as this. I plan on watching the entire series over the next few weeks.
Nov 29, 2021 3:23 PM

May 2018
This episode…..holy cow it’s very nostalgic to me because this was the part where I realized I was INTO Sailor Moon. It was my first anime and I starting watching it just to watch and see what it was about but I ended up absolutely adoring it and this episode is one of the many reasons why. For one it made Nephrite one of my favorite characters of all time, and was my biggest crush way back in middle school lmao. His death and how it was told really showcased so well how Sailor moon transitioned so well from being goofy and fun to being really sad and heartfelt. 10/10 favorite episode would recommend👌👌👌
Sailor_SakkaNov 29, 2021 4:08 PM
Dec 11, 2021 7:06 PM

Jul 2015
Usagi's Moshi Moshi are adorable!

Dec 27, 2021 8:23 PM
Jun 2021
I cant get over how disgusting it is to see a 14 year old girl fall in love with someone definitely over the age of 20 and he loves her back it's so utterly disgusting and I cant not say something about it I think its illegal in most countrys isnt it?

What are your opinions on this?
May 8, 2022 4:27 PM
Feb 2021
I didn't mind Nephrite... and I mostly Like Naru chan too! But them together? hard no.
I feel bad for them both tho... Nephrite dying and Naru having to witness it first hand is tragic... :(( But i really hate how they tried to romanticise them together...
You should NEVER settle for a man, or anyone at this rate, who constantly lies and uses you!
Also, she's only 14.

I love this series to death but I can't let the age differences in the ships slide... :// (i know this series is around 30 years old )
Aug 23, 2022 11:28 AM
Jul 2020
wow. this episode came outta nowhere 10/10
Dec 8, 2022 10:23 PM
Apr 2021
Easily the worst episode so far, and this whole arc is awful.

It makes no sense that Naru-chan would be "in love" with him. She still knows absolutely nothing about this person, except his name and his appearance, one of which he lied about. So, what, she finds him physically attractive so she's willing to give up her life for him??

And it also doesn't make sense that Nephrite would have any affection toward her either. He's purely seen her as a tool this whole time, just like any other human. But right at the end, he decides he might want to have a chocolate parfait with her, so, they try to pass it off as if he is redeemed. I suppose everyone forgot all of the evil things he did in the past, over and over.

And obviously it's incredibly weird that the show seems to pair them together with their age difference. Who knows how old Nephrite even is? This part of the anime presents such a twisted and disgusting relationship between two people and then tries to pass it off as something positive, which felt so strange. I can feel no empathy for Naru or Nephrite, because neither of their actions make sense.

There are numerous other flaws with these past few episodes, but that's the main thing.
Jan 31, 2023 5:49 PM

Oct 2016
Nephrite has died(?) and Naru is in mourning. I'm a little confused on what they plan on doing after the fact considering how Naru is now aware of the Dark Kingdom. Will they make her forget through some magical means? It's hard to believe she will ever return to normalcy afterwards. I hope it is resolved...

On a lighter note, sailor Jupiter in the next! Yay!
Jul 1, 2023 11:43 AM

Mar 2022
This is probably the most emotional that Sailor Moon has been for me up to this point. Wow they went all out with this arc for Nephrite, he redeemed himself only to die in the end just because he cared for Naru's sake. I will not lie that I didn't feel sorry for Naru when she was breaking down in floods of tears, that's it Nephrite is my favourite villain from this show just god damn it, he's now my favourite and now he's dead! What are you doing to my heart, show, what are you doing to my heart? And I only started watching this show last year! Amazing episode, amazing episode.
Jul 23, 2023 5:21 AM

Mar 2019
holy crap lol. i wanna say at least naru wont be stuck in an unhealthy relationship going into adulthood but this is just as traumatizing.
Jul 23, 2023 5:26 AM

Mar 2019
TrappedInLimbo2 said:
This has easily been the worst arc of the show, I'm shocked at the amount of praise it has here. First of all, why do people think an adult man and a little girl are a great couple? It was fucking gross and weird the whole time.

Naru is intolerable this entire arc, she's in love with Nefrite why exactly? Because he said she was pretty one time? I understand they were going for teen's first love, but it makes no sense why Naru was all of the sudden madly in love with him.

I also don't buy this Nefrite is suddenly a good guy. After many episodes of this guy from an "evil organization" (his own words) attempting to literally kill people and possess them with monsters, I'm supposed to believe that because a little girl had a crush on him he suddenly completely changed his ways and is now good? Because he wanted to get with a little girl?

This arc has been trash and hopefully the show can course correct by never mentioning this again.
ive been assuming a lot of the responses are or were people under 18 so i dont blame them if thats the case. 
Sep 8, 2023 2:53 PM

Jul 2017
What a great episode wow so interesting loved everything about it
Mar 1, 10:06 PM

Sep 2021
God, I have to agree with everyone, this is by far the best episode so far. I was not expecting to be bawling by the end :( I don’t think Naru and Nephrite would’ve been a good couple (since, you know, that age gap,) but it’s still extremely saddening that he got killed off, I could’ve seen him actually turning over a new leaf and helping the senshi. That line about the chocolate parfait is what got me I cant-
Apr 9, 2:37 AM

Jul 2017
i didn't expect this episode to be so sad, i still don't like naru and nephrite's unhealty relationship but this episode hit me really hard.
maybe he could've become an ally of the sailors, but he sacrificed himself to save Naru, very sad.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Apr 9, 6:50 AM

Mar 2024
Wow, I never expected this episode to make me cry so much. I’m fully against such age gaps but even I ended up bawling my eyes out. Seeing Nephrite sacrifice hisself for Naru even tho he never knew what love was before. It surprises me to say this, but this might be my favourite episode so far.
Apr 10, 3:01 PM

Apr 2023
Damn, genuinely shocked they really did kill Nephrite off like that. I was for certain they would use the 'power of friendship' or something to bring him back in the end. Maybe they still can somehow? All that sparkly dust had to go somewhere.
May 7, 8:57 PM

Sep 2018
I'm really glad they didn't do anything more with this blind puppy love lol

Man, that was a cheesy little mini romance arc

Naru stealing gems and willing to die for some guy who she knows is a villain (and seemingly only liked him for his good looks, nothing else was developed or explored), was fucking ridiculous, but shoujo gonna shoujo I suppose. I like this show when it's more comical in nature, hope there's not a lot stupid shit like this, scenes that are more inclined for the younger Female audience, but I obviously won't hold my breath considering the show and it's genre lol.
GakutoDeathGlareMay 7, 9:01 PM
May 7, 8:58 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to Violet_Midnight
Easily the worst episode so far, and this whole arc is awful.

It makes no sense that Naru-chan would be "in love" with him. She still knows absolutely nothing about this person, except his name and his appearance, one of which he lied about. So, what, she finds him physically attractive so she's willing to give up her life for him??

And it also doesn't make sense that Nephrite would have any affection toward her either. He's purely seen her as a tool this whole time, just like any other human. But right at the end, he decides he might want to have a chocolate parfait with her, so, they try to pass it off as if he is redeemed. I suppose everyone forgot all of the evil things he did in the past, over and over.

And obviously it's incredibly weird that the show seems to pair them together with their age difference. Who knows how old Nephrite even is? This part of the anime presents such a twisted and disgusting relationship between two people and then tries to pass it off as something positive, which felt so strange. I can feel no empathy for Naru or Nephrite, because neither of their actions make sense.

There are numerous other flaws with these past few episodes, but that's the main thing.
@Violet_Midnight Pretty much mirrored my thoughts, I MAY have enjoyed it as a kid. Sailor Moon is far more entertaining as a comedic series.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

74 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 45 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

45 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 39 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

26 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 11, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Spoilers for episode 34

GakutoDeathGlare - May 9

3 by Asahinchi »»
May 9, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yonatay - Dec 9, 2009

50 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 9, 2:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.