Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2007 5:32 PM

Dec 2006
wow, off to a great start.

so glad this show is back.
Jul 5, 2007 5:52 PM

Nov 2006
protoman96 said:
wow, off to a great start.

so glad this show is back.
agreed!

the new art style is fabulous too, everyone looks so clean and upgraded.

rika-chan~ nipa~ hanyuu~ auauau~
Jul 5, 2007 8:16 PM

Apr 2007
Is the speed sub decent? I'm so excited I think I could watch it in RAW :P
Jul 5, 2007 9:38 PM

Jul 2007
The speed sub by anon on tokyotosho is a fake. All it has is the RAW, no subs.
Jul 5, 2007 9:41 PM

Nov 2006
son a gun thats the one i was downloading

Its a Fake
darkvoltageJul 5, 2007 9:48 PM

Jul 5, 2007 9:49 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah, i was downloading it too, but then i opened it up (before it was finished downloading) just to check it out a bit, and there were no subs. So much disapointment :( :( .
Tokyotosho removed it from their list.

Oh well, hopefully Ayu are working hard to get it out to us soon.
Jul 5, 2007 10:17 PM

Nov 2006
jobocan said:
Yeah, i was downloading it too, but then i opened it up (before it was finished downloading) just to check it out a bit, and there were no subs. So much disapointment :( :( .
Tokyotosho removed it from their list.

Oh well, hopefully Ayu are working hard to get it out to us soon.

wind is gonna do it too.

Jul 5, 2007 10:24 PM

Apr 2007
Ah, thats too bad. Oh well, quality > speed anyways.
Jul 5, 2007 10:27 PM

Mar 2007
Downloaded it fast, so it does not bother me that it is fake...

Proof that it is fake :P
Jul 5, 2007 11:18 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Too bad I won't be around to when the Ayu subs come out >_>. Maybe I can watch it on Sunday.

I'd never go with a speed sub or unknown sub group for a show like Higurashi, especially not since a few groups already announced that they will sub it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 6, 2007 3:21 AM
Apr 2007
Now there is a real sub out.
Jul 6, 2007 3:34 AM

Jul 2007
experimentalriza said:

WHERE? @_@
Jul 6, 2007 3:36 AM

Jul 2006
that episode was awesome. seems rika is the main character in this one.

a lot was explained, too.
Jul 6, 2007 4:17 AM
Apr 2007
corroded said:
experimentalriza said:

WHERE? @_@

You can find it in animesuki.com and tokyotosho.com
Jul 6, 2007 7:47 AM

Jun 2007
Hoping that the story is just as good or better than the first season, looking forward to next episode!!
Jul 6, 2007 8:32 AM

Jun 2007
i was one of many that download fake subs
one reason cause i have been waiting since it ended back in September
also hated the delay it was suppose to come out back in january but then they moved it i was so sad
but now i'm so happy
the op is awesome the song and the scenes the ed i'm iffy on the ed dont know about the song the scenes are okay but it certainly is not no "Why, or Why Not"

now on the episode it self more questions lol but big plus BIG, grown Rena-sama she grew up ; _ ; ah i still love her XD
Jul 6, 2007 9:23 AM

Apr 2007
Great episode <3
Jul 6, 2007 9:52 AM

Jul 2007
Wow, that episode was fantastic....
Now i'm even more confused about season 1, although at the same time i feel enlightened about everything that happened.... This is crazy....

BTW did you realize that the music of the OP is the music from the first season's OP, but reversed? When i heard the end of the OP it all became clear.
Jul 6, 2007 10:41 AM

Sep 2006
Well the sub was just released not too long ago by the group named Hauu~

Jul 6, 2007 10:49 AM

Jul 2007
Ya, that's what i watched. It was also subbed by BSS.
Both are speed subs though, so i'll be using either Ayu or WinD for archiving.
Jul 6, 2007 11:29 AM
Apr 2006
watched hauu~ and translation wasn't that bad^^ (will store wind though)

finally understood some stuff...was busy being scared most of the first season
the real fun will start next it seems...when everyone appears again...:D
Jul 6, 2007 6:36 PM

Jul 2007
i don't like subs that use ASS as sometimes the text overlaps in VLC player -_-

but then, i was too hungry for the killer lolis so I watched it XD

eiko shimamiya's intro rivals that of the first higurashi intro @_@ it is just plain touching and haunting at the same time. -sigh-
Jul 6, 2007 7:55 PM

Apr 2007
I liked this episode. A lot of talking but it built upon the mystery of what was going on. I was expecting some violence since Rena looks likes she's still a bit unstable but it looks like that will have to wait. I wonder if the next episode will keep this older cast or bring back the killer lolis?

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 6, 2007 11:13 PM

Jun 2007
First episode of the new series was great.
Jul 8, 2007 6:51 AM

Oct 2006
Good start off. They made some sort of resume like episode, while giving us some lights on past events... though I wont believe anything yet, it looks promissing.

"Haguu~" release was pretty good too overall, though obviously I will store either Wind or Ayu.
Jul 8, 2007 6:25 PM

Nov 2006
rena is so cute looking all grown up. rika kind of scares me now. oh ya shisen subs just released episode one.

Jul 9, 2007 9:06 AM

Apr 2007
nice ep.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jul 9, 2007 10:32 AM

Apr 2007
I liked Shinsen sub, specially the translator notes, just like TMGK.
Pretty good way to start the series, I mean 1 episode just explained what something 3 episodes of Higurashi would have..
Jul 9, 2007 10:34 AM

May 2006
corroded said:
i don't like subs that use ASS as sometimes the text overlaps in VLC player -_-

Don't use VLC in that case. It's well known for having buggy decoders and useless softsub support. Use CCCP on Windows or/and mplayer on all other platforms.

"I'll go crazy by the end of the year" - K Fu's comment while doing Proofs and Number Theory in Advanced Higher Maths
Jul 13, 2007 12:16 PM
Jun 2007
I was really looking forward to this show ever since I finished the first series (which was just recently). This was a great episode. Unfortunately, Rika only appeared only a few times =(.
Jul 16, 2007 12:00 AM

Oct 2006
Awesome show, as expected. I really like how it's following up the whole disease arc rather than just showing a different take on the usual scenario.

And Shinsen's translator's notes rock.
Jul 16, 2007 5:45 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
There we go, Ayu release. When I rewatched it a few weeks ago I replaced my WinD archive with the Ayu ones again.

Anyway, great episode. Rena looks amazing. The OP is also very awesome, can't wait for the full version and I'm also very much looking forward to the next episode.

Apart from the calendar there weren't any translator notes in the release, but if you've seen the first season I don't see why there should be notes included to begin with.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 16, 2007 9:16 AM

Oct 2006
The notes were on a few things like the Japanese concept of hell and why Rena was called "Girl A." Little stuff, but it's interesting. I'm really fond of Shinsen's releases, but they're usually pretty slow. Out of curiosity, is Ayu usually any quicker?
Jul 19, 2007 1:29 AM

May 2007
Episode was OK. Still, I'm glad to see the continuation of this series.
Sep 14, 2007 6:55 PM

Feb 2007
Back when FAL Summer Season started, i was never going to watch this. Horror ain't my thing. But choosing it just made my interest in it rise even more, and now i find myself posting this. The first season was spectacular, and i can't wait to catch up to you guys. Poor Rena...i feel so sorry for her, losing all her friends the day after she conquered the demon inside of her.

I watched the episode with Shinsen subs. I liked the translator notes at the end. And the OP and ED were simply beautiful.
Jan 27, 2008 12:17 AM

Dec 2007
Great way to start out the series by showing Hinamizawa in the present about twenty-five years after it was abandoned. At first I though it was an expansion on the story-arc when Keiichi killed Satoko's uncle but it takes place after the last arc with everyone dying the day after the last episode. Also seeing Rena all grown up was good since throughout the last series I wondered what the main characters would look like if the show were to have a part in modern times.

#NBHNC
Mar 8, 2008 7:16 PM

Jan 2008
that was a LOT of talking...
but they explained a lot as well. XP
so, only rena survived, huh? XD
oh! and the notes were really handy. XD
Apr 18, 2008 11:09 PM

Feb 2008
Since I'm late in watching Kai, for the fansubs, definitely to pick is Hauu~. Since, they're the only one who finished this and have some spare time to put the preview from the internet. LOL!
May 26, 2008 5:14 PM

Dec 2007
soo, there were really aliens O_o?
this episode clear some confusion from the 1st serie, it is getting interesting

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jul 7, 2008 7:26 PM

Jun 2008
God, I hope it's not REALLY aliens. That would be lame, just like the thousand or so Stephen King books where he runs out of a real plot and throws in some aliens to "fix" things.
Older (some may say "time-skip" a la Shippuden - that's what I was thinking, at least) Rena looks awesome. I was disappointed at the lack of Rika-chan, but the summary episode helped out.
Jul 14, 2008 12:46 AM

May 2008
Not a bad start - I recently finished watching the first season and I'm glad that the story in kai doesn't begin straight away.Nice to see that the animation quality has drastically improved :)
Jul 15, 2008 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
Wow... great start!!!

But I'm a bit confused... I mean... the aliens and Rika killing herself... weren't those two different arcs?? And the poison gas was another arc... and the syringe thing was another arc... I guess they explain it later in the arc... no solution so far .__.

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 19, 2008 6:30 PM

Jun 2008
Yayy for the second season !
Loved the opening, c: RENA, hell yeahh <33

I love Aliens. So, if it really turns out to be the alien philosophy, I'll be happy !
The animation is amazing! It improved, thank goodness, but I never complained. Hooray.

N e x t ~
Sep 9, 2008 4:29 PM

May 2008
And so we hear from the volcano story again.:O
Also, from the alien/virus story as well.

Boy there's a lot of answers these next 23 episodes will have to fill.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 18, 2008 2:21 AM

Mar 2008
OMG Rena grew into her big head a little lol jj its interesting to see some of them older
Oct 1, 2008 12:54 PM

Sep 2008
I watched the hauu release and I have a question. Someone told that in a release they explained why Rena is called "girl a". Can anyone give me those notes?
Oct 6, 2008 1:17 PM

Jul 2008
Quite an interesting start to the series. It cleared some things up and created some new questions as well. It seems like they're tying together the arcs with some events.

And Rika with the syringe makes me think that when they pulled out one last season, it was to help instead of hurt and maybe an alternate world can only be created when Rika dies or something.

Hmm.. Lots of questions.
Oct 17, 2008 2:36 PM

Nov 2007
OK, confusion.

Initially i thought that this was a continuation of the arc where Keichi kills Satokos uncle, but he was the sole survivor from that, which doesnt fit.

The syringe thing (with Rena hiding in her van with plasters on her neck) and other elements of the story here make me suspect this is a flashforward from the last arc of the first series.

So thats now 2 arcs that end with the mass extinction of everyone in the village...

I REALLY hope this story isnt secretly about aliens...
Nov 11, 2008 5:46 PM

Aug 2008
jobocan said:
BTW did you realize that the music of the OP is the music from the first season's OP, but reversed? When i heard the end of the OP it all became clear.

Holy shit!!! I didn't noticed!! But it's true! Yea the very ending part gives it away, very obvious... YAY! that means the old season's opening is baaack! But without the mysterious flowers buds and with new lyrics instead! xD
EDIT:
As it turns out, apperantly the song's new, and the only phrase repeated is Nigerarenai(You can't escape), backwards. ~ianeraregin

The new art style's great, and indeed an improvement from the 1st season.
It's has less of that "cartoonish" style, not that I didn't like it.
However, the way they do the eyes in season 2 is the biggest noticeable change in artwork, in my opinion. Love it all though.

I doubt there's aliens or any other sci-fi stuff involved here... It seems more supernatural-related. Rika... Is she skipping through realities? How did Keiichi noticed anything then? And is this "reality" shown in this episode, the "true" reality? The first episode, and it's packed with mystery and questions already! Fabulous start!
GenixNov 12, 2008 6:09 PM
Jan 3, 2009 5:25 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Genix said:
jobocan said:

Holy shit!!! I didn't noticed!! But it's true! Yea the very ending part gives it away, very obvious... YAY! that means the old season's opening is baaack! But without the mysterious flowers buds and with new lyrics instead! xD
EDIT:
As it turns out, apperantly the song's new, and the only phrase repeated is Nigerarenai(You can't escape), backwards. ~ianeraregin

actually watching the second op backwards was was really really creepy....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

364 by gb214 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.