Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2010 11:52 PM

Jan 2009
ringoo4 said:
you will get proper ending with Hitagi. :P
That's it, time to get myself those novels.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 9, 2010 4:51 AM

Nov 2008
-I didn't notice Shinobu's band-aid and where it was located until AFTER I finished the show and saw screenshots. As for my reaction: "Hm. >.> Wouldn't that be a tad uncomfortable?"
-There really needs to be more of Senjougahara.
-I see there were a lot of sexual scenes in this episode...
-I laughed when Shinobu beat the crap out of neko-chan.

Overall, 9 out of 10. Needs more Araragi/Senjougahara.
Aug 11, 2010 11:24 PM
May 2010
I was wating for the bd but I could not wait any longer
finally see the final cap. Excellent final in my opinion, 10/10 for the serie

Aug 13, 2010 1:28 PM

Jul 2008
I just finished Bakemonogatari and because of the last ep (defnately not for me) I'll gave this anime only 8. Pity because I enjoyed this series very much.
I'm only a girl with metaphysical soles...
Aug 16, 2010 11:04 AM

Jul 2009
xdarkalice said:
I was wating for the bd but I could not wait any longer
finally see the final cap. Excellent final in my opinion, 10/10 for the serie
BD has been out o_O
Aug 21, 2010 4:55 AM

Jun 2010
Yeah the ending was definetely a great one. Spent quite some time to figure out if this series should get a 10...
But because of the few Araragi/Senjougahara-schenes it gets a 9.
Aug 31, 2010 9:04 PM

Jun 2009
It was great overall, although it was a little confusing at some points. But that's what probably made it stand out to me. And Shinobu was freaking awesome too bad they didn't show more of her. ^_^
Sep 4, 2010 11:24 AM

May 2010
Great series.

However, I agree with an earlier user that this series would be better with 52 episodes of Araragi and Senjougahara just chatting all day. ;-)
Sep 4, 2010 7:34 PM

Aug 2008
Enjoyed all the way through, even with the ungodly amount of time it took me to finish this series proper. All the dialogue/exposition was nice, but Shinobu's appearance was a nice kick in the pants. Bakemonogatari, you've earned a spot among my favorites.
Sep 9, 2010 3:52 PM

Aug 2010
hmmmmmm its sad its over T_T. but , i do feel like i am stupid like aragi XD since how the hell did everyone knows whats going , only me and him doesn t hmm.. i mean he only sees everythign at the last moment. and OMG hitagi is all knowing O.O , she hmmm she is awesome xD
Sep 9, 2010 9:54 PM

Jul 2010
9/10 really liked this series, would have been a 10/10 if there was more Senjougahara...

Sep 18, 2010 4:38 AM
Mar 2010
T_______T I was hopping for more any way cant to anything bout it though
WISH FOR A MOVIE !! O a season 2 atleast
Sep 18, 2010 4:46 AM

Nov 2009
It was good. 7/10.
Oct 6, 2010 8:20 PM

Mar 2009
I really liked this series but the last 4 eps were mainly about my least favorite character...go figure = /. Bring on Season 2!
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Oct 9, 2010 6:00 AM

Jul 2010
I liked the anime :) 9/10

Episode 12 would've been an okay ending but this ending is way better, Araragi can now handle the problims himself and doesn't have to depend of his "friend" ^^

But was I the only one who was surprised that Shinobu was "hiding" in his shadow -and did the Cat knew that and said that he had to go to the lamp so that there wouldn't be a shadow?- and that she didn't drank his blood? I mean she is a vampire right? She should be going like bersek after seeing/smelling so much blood... If I'm honest I don't undertand why he cares so much for her (why he can't let her die/should die himself if she were to die) and how he could be turned back to a human if she weren't near to him? Like, does he change to a half vampire every time she sucks his blood or something? :O

Well gues/hope that's gonnea be explained in Kizumonogatari ^^ can't wait :D
Oct 9, 2010 6:06 AM

Jul 2010
Wow didn't saw that coming, that Shinobu was hiding in his shadow :O But did the Cat knew that and said because of that that he had to stand near the lamp so that there wouldn't be a shadow? :O

And why didn't she drank Araragi's blood? I mean she's a vampire, she should go like beserk after seeing/smelling so much blood... right?
And why does he care so much for her? She's the one who attacked him but she said that if she were to die he should also die, I don't get it? And when the Cat said he could be turned back to a "full human" what did she meant with that? Like, as long as Shinobu is near to him/everything she drinks his blood he'll remain half vampire? So many questions, hope they'll explain eveything in Kizumonogatari ^^

I liked the episode 12 ending but this ending is waaay better, Araragi now knows that he can handle the problems himself and doesn't have to depend on Oshino, can't wait till season 2 :D I give the anime 9/10, liked it a lot ^^
Oct 13, 2010 8:52 PM

Oct 2008
It was.. alright I guess.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 26, 2010 10:22 PM

Oct 2009
So like, I watched ep 1-13 about 20 times each, ep 14 about 8 times and watch 80% of ep 15 8 times as well. I put off watching the last 20% of the last episode 'cause I didn't it to end -- now I "completed" the series so sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2010 6:08 AM

May 2008
i watched this with alot of commercials hehe

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 9, 2010 12:55 PM
Jan 2010
Not sure if I should give this show a 9 or a 10. Probably giving it a 9 though.
Nov 23, 2010 5:58 PM
Apr 2009
The series overall was great. TBH I expected way more action scenes, I loved the fight against the Monkey dead mummy arm girl, cause it was so well animated. It had some very short scenes of fights > : The rest is just 98% talking lol, but it was entertaining. Oshino leaving like that was sad yo lol :c

About this episode, the last one. Hm, the quality of the animation/art was definitely higher, but the way he told Hanekawa that he didn't love her just bugged me lol. I would be even more depressed/stressed. I have to re-watch the scene, but from what I could understand, he first denied it, later realized she really did. Than just the way he said that he didn't like her but loved Senjougahara, was mean-ish o.o And than he just pretty much changed the subject to ''we gotta find Shinobu'' LOL. I would be even more depressed.

But great series, its just..I don't like Senj. as much as everyone else does, I actually liked the episodes without her more than the ones with her, but everyone seemed to complain that she was left out in the discussion threads. The other girls feel more real, although I do understand her type perfectly, basically the Tsun. type I guess lol. But I guess her personality makes it more interesting. Idk.
Dec 8, 2010 3:04 PM

Aug 2008
I certainly liked this series and currently have it ranked as an 8 but may bump it up to a after some thought. I liked the characters and the story arcs but I felt there could have been so much more. I find myself saying this a lot it seems with anime with only 12-16 eps, when 26 could have expanded stories and developed characters even further. As it is there were few eps to fully draw out everyone. That and the foolish cut scenes.. gah.

Overall solid show that is very good and could have been great if production of it was finished and it had more eps to work with
Dec 24, 2010 10:07 AM

Dec 2010
Woah... Definitely didn't see that coming. Winced a bit when blood started to splatter around my laptop screen. That was completely dangerous. T___T

It was very nice, overall. I enjoyed it very much. And, yay, no harem for Ararararagi :D
I can't imagine how stressed Hanekawa was when she found out that Hitagi and Koyomi-senpai are together. Even Kanbaru said that she was his 'Slave of love'. Definitely love the mature scenes, though~ <3

But... asking for sex something like that from Araragi... is definitely weird... especially if it comes down to Hanekawa. :I
Dec 29, 2010 10:07 PM

Aug 2010
wow after a year
this show has ended =(
anyway

ep15 was okaay
for me it wouldve been better if the showed more hitagi scenes (or extra scenes at the end)
an 8/10 for this episode

as for the show
a 10 out of 10
i jst fcking love this show =D
Hitagi FTW
cant wait for the prequel
(i wish for an extra scene especially for Hitagi)
*cheers*
Dec 30, 2010 2:35 PM

Aug 2010
It was a fun ride but it had to come to an end. The animation (except for some) and soundtrack were amazing.

Each character had their own special characteristic about them that make you hooked to them. The conversation in-between was engaging, you can't go for a while without laughing at something

In this episode i couldn't help but laugh at Araragi looking like Sasuke from Naruto! Besides that, Araragi should start reading up on these oddities. He should next in line since Meme Oshino left these future cases to him. It's a pity he left but i hope they meet i the near future.

9/10
Dec 30, 2010 10:20 PM
Dec 2010
I wanted more Senjougahara, but it was a good episode. Overall, this turned out to be one of my favorite anime of all time. Can't wait for the prequel to come out. ^_^

Again, I wanted more Senjougahara. >_<
Dec 31, 2010 1:33 AM

Sep 2010
This series is pretty weird..... But pretty good in it's own way....

Senjogahara's character was pretty unique.... But she's mostly Tsun Tsun.... Not enough Dere Dere.... to be a Tsundere

Btw.... I would dump her on the first day if I were Araragi....
Jan 2, 2011 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
6/10

I have mixed feelings about this series. While there were enjoyable parts there were ones that were badly executed. Also, I wasn't quite impressed with the conclusion of the arcs and felt they were contrived. I guess this series is one of those cases when the sum of its parts fails to make a good whole.

I guess Shaft wanted to appeal to all sorts of fans with the gorgeous aesthetics, otaku humor and featuring a tsundere, loli, moe.. etc to the point that they didn't bother to come up with a well thought-out tale. If you want an example of a series about oddities that's done well look no further from Mononoke or Mushishi.
removed-userJan 4, 2011 10:03 AM
Jan 4, 2011 5:21 AM

Dec 2009
This was actually the only episode that i truly enjoyed. The anime for me was awhole mess & i didn't like too much, but the ending sure was cool <3
Jan 6, 2011 7:04 PM
Aug 2010
twonline said:
This series is pretty weird..... But pretty good in it's own way....

Senjogahara's character was pretty unique.... But she's mostly Tsun Tsun.... Not enough Dere Dere.... to be a Tsundere

Btw.... I would dump her on the first day if I were Araragi....

If he did that she would kill him. (:
Jan 10, 2011 2:59 AM

Jul 2007
I don't get it... I watched all of the episodes but I didn't see the Karen Bee arc or the Tsukihi Phoenix arc. Is that only in the manga? I'm really confused here.
by Baka-Chibi

Jan 10, 2011 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
crystalangel23 said:

those have yet to be animated. im sure someday they'll do them, the prequel for this has already been announced after all.
Jan 10, 2011 3:06 AM

Jul 2007
jpem said:
crystalangel23 said:

those have yet to be animated. im sure someday they'll do them, the prequel for this has already been announced after all.
Yeah makes sense. I guess I'll read the manga then.
by Baka-Chibi

Jan 10, 2011 3:18 AM
Jul 2018
crystalangel23 said:
jpem said:
crystalangel23 said:

Yeah makes sense. I guess I'll read the manga then.

its based on light novels, not sure if its ever been translated though.
Jan 10, 2011 6:49 PM

Aug 2010
Good series, started off a little weird though. Needed more Senjougahara less hanekawa -.-. I am pretty satisfied with this ending. Show gets a solid 8.
Jan 12, 2011 3:56 AM

Oct 2008
I loved this whole series was really well done the last two episodes were great (I did enjoy the nyaas a lot). I loved all the different OPs. Great fun show, maybe a little more Hitagi but I'm glad at least they developed their relationship as opposed to a lot of anime where it just a lot of nervousness with maybe a confession at the end.

10/10
Jan 12, 2011 10:38 AM

Jan 2009
Good episode, liked how they wrapped everything up.

The beginning and end were really good, but the middle lacked in the quality that made the other parts great. So a low 7/10 from me for this series
Jan 13, 2011 1:34 AM

Sep 2010
i loved this anime ! ^.^

but the final episodes could be better if senjouhara (not sure if it is right written)had appeared more ):

waiting for t second season .-.
Jan 15, 2011 1:17 AM
Jul 2010
I can't really say that I loved this anime but I can say I do understand why so many people do. It has some of the best dialogs I've ever seen in an anime and I give it that. I also loved the art style as well.

However, all of those cuts that became more abundant each episode kinda ruined the thing instead of giving it "style". No really, that was a quite unique way of presentation but I could barely read what was being passed at lightning speed and they were just too many and interrupting the scenes where they should.

The characters were unique though. I'm just not happy that they spent so much time in the "Tsubasa Cat" arc since my least favorite character is Hanekawa. Nonetheless, I loved the final episode. I loved Araragi's reaction to that revelation, and how he stuck with Senjougahara. I would still have preferred the 12th episode as the ending for this show.

In the end, I'm not really sure what rating I should give this. Some episodes felt like a masterpiece, others were plain boring. If I rated each episode alone, it would range from 4/10 to 10/10 which is quite wired. In the end, it's the decision between a 7/10 and a 8/10. I think I'll stick with the later though. But I'm sure that can change.
Jan 16, 2011 10:43 PM

Jan 2008
I don't know if everyone watched the DVD/BD ver. as I did, and I don't know if there were any differences on the Shinobu scene (I suppose they were).

I watched it like 5 times. Pure madness *-*

Even when I didn't get almost any Nadeko this chapter, I almost didn't noticed it.

I'm also happy that Watanabe Akio is finally getting the attention he deserves o.ó!
Jan 30, 2011 3:07 PM

Apr 2010
wish there were more senjougahara scenes :S
Feb 8, 2011 11:11 AM

Jul 2007
Actually Senjogahara is one of the funniest character in this series but I really hate her as a woman. She looks like my girlfriend at high school days. "I always try to hide my weakness but honestly I have a tender spot"? everybody is. grow up, EMO bitch. "I don't mind if you think of me as a crazy virgine so starbed for love"? yes. I know this kind of woman is wicked as a girlfriend. she just loves the fantasy of love after all.

why don't they portray Senjogahara's dark side of the mind? why don't they portray other girls' precious place of the mind?

If I was him, I would choose Hanekawa, Sengoku or Kanbara. maybe even Hachikuji, Shinobu are better than Senjogahara as wife.
sorry, I recalled some bad memories. lol
anyway, I hope that anime will be multi endings someday.
revive4563Feb 8, 2011 9:35 PM
Feb 9, 2011 2:28 PM

Aug 2009
Another great -yet strange- work of art from Shaft. It's not a surprise that they surprised me. lol but that's the truth. I haven't seen so much fantasic and mysterious creatures together in a show, which are also making sense. None of them seems misplaced.

The love between the protagonist and Senjougahara developed parallel to the arcs. With each one down, their relationship developed to a new level. And with the father showing up, both of their true feelings are revealed.

And also I have to say one more thing: At last a NORMAL LOVE STORY happening in HIGH SCHOOL. No overused blushes, no meaningless teases, no unnecessary side characters who always gets in the way and no -again- overused ecchi scenes.

Ureshii wa~
Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rodreth
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rodreth/profile
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rodreth/
Night is the darkest just before the dawn.

Feb 15, 2011 12:30 AM

Aug 2010
5/5, Still, would have probably worked better if episode 12 was moved to be the last episode, but apart from this little thing it was a great series, definitely something I will rewatch a couple of times. Funny how I expected the show to be something different since I didn't know much about it, yet it still entertained me more, than most animes. A solid 10/10 from me.
Mar 3, 2011 7:03 AM

Dec 2010
Aww its finally over. Shinobu was lurking in Koyomi's shadow the whole time..? Damn!

Oshino was the coolest character in this show for sure.

I wished they'd have more romance between Hitagi and Koyomi. That would have been so awesome but episode 12 with the star scene was satisfying.

I guess this anime was meant to be a compilation of arcs. Not bad I'd say but I'd definitely be happier if there was a season two.

8/10 for the series

Mar 21, 2011 5:17 PM

Oct 2009
The ending made me raise this series from an 8 to a 9. One of the best endings I've ever seen in an anime. I give the ending a 10/10 :]

Mar 23, 2011 7:05 AM

Mar 2007
Such a interesting, unique series overall...
I really hope there's a sequel for it as I will sorely miss these in-depth characters that I have learned to love for the past 15 episodes (especially Senjougahara).

Yet again, my biased for Tsundere characters has won this show over for me!
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Mar 26, 2011 5:22 PM

Jul 2009
I really find this anime series one of the best and unique in my opinion. AT first i thought this was gonna be one of those animes but when I saw Senjougahara my jaw drop to the ground. Shes just one of the unique characters ive ever encountered.
Overall its a really unique series in my opinion and i loved it.

But what bugs me is the soundtrack in the start of episode 15 (*´ο`*)=3 はふぅん
the soundtrack that starts at the start of that episode 15 at 0:35 and ends at 2:25 of that final episode, i really want to find the soundtrack and put it in my mp3 player :p!
(-_-;)
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Apr 3, 2011 11:12 AM

Jan 2011
roorensu-kun said:
But what bugs me is the soundtrack in the start of episode 15 (*´ο`*)=3 はふぅん
the soundtrack that starts at the start of that episode 15 at 0:35 and ends at 2:25 of that final episode, i really want to find the soundtrack and put it in my mp3 player :p!
(-_-;)

I search it too... I want it !
Apr 8, 2011 12:57 PM
Nov 2010
A very unique anime, I've enjoyed it, the dialogs were very interesting, too...
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 25, 2009

688 by JigglypuffSenpai »»
May 11, 4:04 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

29 by salarx »»
May 5, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

511 by Dragona_8002 »»
Apr 28, 11:14 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

6 by ichinose06 »»
Apr 27, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.