Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 7, 2008 7:28 AM

Jul 2007
Fai said:
Blood_Blade said:

Also, wouldn't the organization be leaving the 'land' now to return home? They've already created an awakened being that can be controlled and do as they will (current #1 and 2... Beth and somebody). I could definitely see this story progressing into the 'main land'

Would you, if you were a country in the war, be happy if you only had a new weapon PROTOTYPE ? Would you not try to perfect it?

As long as there's a need for new "live weapons" Org will have no reason to abandon "The Land".
Not to mention, the organization could just be a small part of the force designated into developing these kinds of weapons.

Maybe they have been shipping claymores back to the mainland for awhile? i mean, there has been a lot of generations of claymores..
May 9, 2008 1:06 AM

Apr 2008
I hate that lil punk raki, should have died or something and tha chapter was awesome and very confusing yo.

May 9, 2008 5:31 AM

Mar 2008
DarK_LiGhT said:
I hate that lil punk raki, should have died or something and tha chapter was awesome and very confusing yo.

Ye DEAD TO RAKI CLUB (is there one? :O)
May 9, 2008 10:27 PM

Jan 2008
DarK_LiGhT said:

How dare you speak against Raki you swine. To battle.>.<
May 10, 2008 2:00 AM

Aug 2007
i really didnt think it could get any better. atleast now we have A LOT more plot to look forward to. For a while there i thought we were heading down hill.
May 10, 2008 11:22 PM
Jun 2007
Awesome plot! Plot really thickens... But this really reminds me Jyu-Oh-Sei...
May 12, 2008 6:15 PM

Jul 2007
I wonder about whether or not the Dragons are even really an evil race? What if humans made the first move to attack out of irrational fear and the Dragons have been bitter ever since? LOL, if Raki somehows gets captured by the Dragons and/or trained by them if that becomes possible.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
May 17, 2008 7:35 PM

Nov 2007
I had a feeling the Yoma were a creation of the organization, but this was still quite the twist. *sigh* now that I'm caught up I have to wait for releases :x.
May 20, 2008 10:14 PM

Apr 2008
This chapter brought something I’ve wanted for a long time; the expansion of Claymore’s mythology. It will be great to see where it can all go from here.

As for Raki, I can’t wait to see what’s happened. Considering he couldn’t have been with Clare for more than a few months, and the possibility he been with Priscilla & Isley for 7 years I wonder where his loyalties lie. He could be married to Priscilla, or hell he could be an awakened Male Claymore by now.
May 21, 2008 3:35 AM

Jan 2008
Sutiivu said:
This chapter brought something I’ve wanted for a long time; the expansion of Claymore’s mythology. It will be great to see where it can all go from here.

As for Raki, I can’t wait to see what’s happened. Considering he couldn’t have been with Clare for more than a few months, and the possibility he been with Priscilla & Isley for 7 years I wonder where his loyalties lie. He could be married to Priscilla, or hell he could be an awakened Male Claymore by now.

I can't see that with the way he was so attached to Clare when he was with her. I think he's more loyal to Clare, but he will try to prevent her from killing Priscilla. Probably mainly because Clare never told him anything about her or what happened with Teresa.
May 26, 2008 8:49 AM

Jul 2007
Gunbladewarrior said:

I can't see that with the way he was so attached to Clare when he was with her. I think he's more loyal to Clare, but he will try to prevent her from killing Priscilla. Probably mainly because Clare never told him anything about her or what happened with Teresa.

Even more....From Raki's POV(if he knew the truth) Priscilla is just a lost child, with too much power. He would go on that Claire has no way to get a revenge, since Priscila which has done that to Theresa is gone(at least for now).
May 30, 2008 6:00 AM

Nov 2007
Fai said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Even more....From Raki's POV(if he knew the truth) Priscilla is just a lost child, with too much power. He would go on that Claire has no way to get a revenge, since Priscila which has done that to Theresa is gone(at least for now).

well thats debatable, would Raki who in theory should hate yoma really think like that? though just the same i know by now he is aware of who Isley and Priscilla must be whether he is sticking with them because he knows he can't just leave (He keeps Priscilla happy and at the very least is seen as the one who can keep Priscilla loyal to Isley if Raki stays)

or that he honestly has joined Isley of the north (Isley is charismatic so its possible) as a male half yoma (as the oldest number 1 he would know the process of making them) who is now the replacement for Rigaldo (Judging by the fact there were still male awakened beings in the north Isley must still have some troops despite sacrificing so many to kill lucelia)

anyway Raki would be more loyal to Clare than Priscilla since he wanted to get stronger for Clares sake and all he would of done under Isley would be for the purpose of getting strong enough to be able to protect/help Clare

May 30, 2008 11:37 PM

Jul 2007
evil_kenshin said:
<snip>

Its not problem of loyalty. Its problem of morality - hell, Raki had problems with Claire before - the whole killing friend stuff.

NO matter yoma, awakened being or human - Raki would have gotten a connection with Priscilla.

Imagine someone tries to behead an innocent girl in front of your eyes - no matter who that person is, you would try to stop her/him.

"Claire, will you get your revenge by killing a helpless innocent child?" - Thats the sentence I bet he would say after hearing Claire's story. (which Priscila IS now, no matter how much power she got.)

Or maybe it will be totally different plot, with Raki (in badass Berserk-Gutz mode) now going separately from Isley(or "hunting" him), encountering Claire and both of them getting the same objective.

May 31, 2008 7:12 PM

Nov 2007
Fai said:
evil_kenshin said:
<snip>

Its not problem of loyalty. Its problem of morality - hell, Raki had problems with Claire before - the whole killing friend stuff.

NO matter yoma, awakened being or human - Raki would have gotten a connection with Priscilla.

Imagine someone tries to behead an innocent girl in front of your eyes - no matter who that person is, you would try to stop her/him.

"Claire, will you get your revenge by killing a helpless innocent child?" - Thats the sentence I bet he would say after hearing Claire's story. (which Priscila IS now, no matter how much power she got.)

Or maybe it will be totally different plot, with Raki (in badass Berserk-Gutz mode) now going separately from Isley(or "hunting" him), encountering Claire and both of them getting the same objective.

I still reckon he will be a half yoma atleast but i see no reason for Raki to hunt Isley , It won't make sense Isley himself has never done anything to Raki (that we know of) and Isley is Raki's mentor.

I can predict a half yoma Raki and Clare will have a minor fight (Clare tying to make Raki regain himself) on their first encounter but Raki will remember his original objective and turn on Isley then with Clare's help. But for sure it won't be straight away (unless Isley has done something very evil that makes Raki hate him but its unlikely)

Though Raki may see Priscilla as a lost child, don't forget its only a temp thing and not her real self, Once Priscilla realizes Isley lied to her about finding her parents theres a good chance she will revert to her original awakened self from the battle of Teresa (bloodthirsty with no remorse)

In that state Raki wouldn't defend Priscilla, actually i reckon of all the half yoma/awakened ones in Claymore, Priscilla is the most likely one to kill Isley (a very dark twist in a way) for his lies and manipulation of her. Or if Isley tries to kill Raki, Priscilla will kill Isley. Either way Isley has screwed himself over and his plans will come undone due to Priscilla
Jun 4, 2008 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
Rather cold hearted of me, but I really want Raki to die. Hopefully he's less annoying after the timeskip, though.
Jun 5, 2008 2:50 PM

Apr 2008
Well, I guess we now know Raki is a badass as of chapter 80, and still looking for Clare. GAR!
Sep 21, 2008 7:51 AM

Feb 2008
Absolutely amazing, now this is what I call a plot twist.
Oct 5, 2008 11:58 AM

Feb 2008
Things are getting tense, that was a real bombshell O__O

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Feb 2, 2009 4:36 PM

Oct 2008
Holy $%$^ shit (*rereads chapter*)

Ok so the whole island the claymores and humans etc currently live on is a labratory with the sole purpose of creating AB's (from the claymores) for the battle against the so called "dragons".. Dam plot twist much? Pretty interesting now.

LOL, if Raki somehows gets captured by the Dragons and/or trained by them if that becomes possible.

If this happened and Clare ending up fighting Raki or whatever that would be so strange and really good for the story. You never know, maybe Raki got abducted by those Dragons and got taken to their island and received training lol.
Jul 6, 2009 11:14 AM

Mar 2008
WHOAH. O___O

*loves Claymore even more now* XD
Oct 6, 2009 10:15 PM

Jun 2008
Wow! What a twist...
Aug 15, 2010 10:16 AM

Jun 2009
Cynthia, healer of the team -nice

Miria giving more info.. from a spy of the org

Okay, a weapon that allows a human to turn into a monster.. how about the time Teresa killed those bandits.. any news about them being a Yoma?

But, one of the Org. rules to not even kill any human make sense

the whole island is the Org..oh
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 16, 2010 9:08 PM
Jun 2010
This is starting to look like Fullmetal Alchemist with the organization with the secret and all that.

The first parts of her theories were logic and speculation but how the hell does she know there are dragons and people fighting and all that shit in the other continents ?

I just remembered when Teresa started to scare the villagers about Yoma suddenly attacking the village if they don't pay then the guy with the black coat came and said that she wasn't suppose to tell them things like that, it makes them look like they intentionally send Yoma to the village.

Maybe Teresa was sarcastic... or was she ? or maybe that's a pure coincidence.

Sep 16, 2010 11:04 PM
Mar 2010
Actually, don't forget the town that was full of normal yomas, where Irene, Sophia, Noel, and Priscilla met, to start their hunt for Teresa to execute her.

Coul this town not have paid, and the Org sent a horde of normal yoma to wipe out the town. And after the normal yoma wiped out the town, they stayed there, pretending to be humans, waiting for real humans to come, to eat them.

I firmly believe that Teresa was speaking true, and we got the town as I explained above to prove it

Also, don't forget they had that normal yoma working for them even though it knew that it was going to eventually die to some trainee Claymore (though Clare made sure it died to her, hehe)

Also, don't forget that "spiderman" male AB too, that was working for the Org.

Also, in those pics of the continent and the dragons, in the one showing the battle, with all of those armored soldiers, dragons, and male Claymores/Awakeneds:

if you look at the lower right corner, two of the armored soldiers' faces are visable... and they look like the faces of normal yomas! (at least to me)

Rig's face too looked like a normal yomas.

Teresa doesn't lie, as she says she has no need to, except when it comes to what her real power level is, hehe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep reading Claymore and you'll come across ENVY from the FMA manga/anime-Brotherhood. Seriously... well, closely the same anyways... hehe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

about the continent:

Miria has no way of knowing, except that there must be another landmass, as the Org came from somewhere, because they DID. The Org arrived on the island, they weren't always on the island.

Miria had to have been told about the continent from Rubel. Rubel also himself says he's a spy too for this "other side of Dragons".

The problem is, Rubel could be making all of this up, lying his A off...

(I personally think Rubel is lying about being a spy, and he's actually the REAL-TRUE LEADER of the Organization! As to whether there's really these Dragons or not, is also very questionable, but possible too. But, if there are this "other side of Dragons", they are Rubel's enemies, as he's the TRUE-REAL LEADER of the Org, hehe! If you seen Batman Begins movie, I feel Rubel is just like Raz 'al Ghoul, pretending to be a subordinate, when he's really the leader of the League of Shadows)

------------

if you're interested in my theory of Rubel, I can explain and support it in much much more detail, hehe.
Jan 28, 2011 7:44 PM

Dec 2008
Static said:
*Jawdrop* Bombshell...

^ +1
Feb 11, 2011 6:25 AM
Sep 2010
WOW. /Deepbreath

So..
Outside of this island, there is a bigger "land" where humans are engaged in a war. One of the two dominant powers have allied themselves with dragons, which give them the major advantage in battle. In order to win this war, the other of the two major powers initiated the creation of a "weapon," manufactured monsters, AKA the Awakened Beings. To test out and perfect this project, the Organization was established, and sent to the "lab" to start their research. Although the Org's objective seemed to be the annihilation of yomas for the sake of the populace, their true, underlying ulterior motive is to create the ultimate weapon to use in the war back in the mainland. - Alicia/Beth is the successful result of their experiment.

This brings rise to a lot of questions.
What need is there for the Claymore system? Why would they need to intentionally create yomas and have the Claymore hunt them down? (They continue to create 'normal' Claymore warriors, even after the soul-linking prototype had been made.) Maybe they are training the Claymore for war, as well? Or maybe yomas are failed test rats? (How are yomas even created?) & How are the Claymore swords created? lol

I'm curious to what Clarice/Miata/Galatea will do. (If they join the 7, it would be harder for the group to stay hidden, because of their yoki.) Also wondering what's going on Raki. I hope he'll make his appearance soon!

I was not expecting this big of a bombshell. It's surprising how Miria found out so much without actually having been outside this experimental field. It's also surprising that she kept this secret withheld for such a long period of time. (Thinking back now, I think Teresa knew about this secret.) Though I agree that some of it seems incongruous, I like the annex of plots! Looking forward to the progression :)
Feb 11, 2011 9:20 AM
Mar 2010
Read onward! many of your questions will be answered/addressed, along with even many more questions, laughs :D
Mar 11, 2011 10:35 AM

Jul 2009
I've been wondering how the Yomas were created ... They haven't mentioned how they're made before now, i think... Teresa mentioned they might be sent, but not how they were made...

Also, if only the top 10 claymores become AB's, then the yomas might be to discover who's strong enough to become AB's and then possibly AO's
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Sep 10, 2012 5:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I must confess that I expected the bombshell (Organisation creating the Yoma) of this chapter to be the case. But having it confirmed? Brilliant! It makes things much more interesting on many level.

I did not expect there to be another bigger continent, were AB's would be used as warriors though. That will just expand Claymore's scope enormously. Say goodbye to a quick ending , huh?

My only issue with this chapter, is how the hell did Miria spend 7 years sleeping in a cave with the others and never mentioning this? I mean come on.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 23, 2013 3:52 PM

Dec 2010
Avarice said:
So I guess this is the reason why the manga-ka took a break last month, so he could drop this bombshell on us readers.
:D :D :D: D :D Man, you killed me.

But seriously, I can't remember the last time I've seen such a plot twist - it feels like it was long time ago for me, lol. I should get more into such stories.

No, I really didn't see this coming even for a second. This twist makes everything too.. twisted. It seems like I'm gonna follow Claymore with a completely new mindset from now on. I hope it'll be for good.

Xuchiel said:
Needless to say I loved it (5/5)! Never expected such a brilliant plot development!

Btw, I started suspecting something, when I noticed that there is something weird about the guys creating claymores. They got something weird around them even for laboratory guys...
MeritasApr 23, 2013 3:57 PM
Aug 12, 2013 2:34 PM

Dec 2012
Frenz said:
Eris said:

Do we get to see this laboratory?

I got the impression, she meant.. the land there on as a whole is the laboratory.. correct?

Yea that's what I got from her. This chapter need to be read again..
Nov 22, 2013 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
I remember first reading this chapter and being completely at a loss for words. Excellent world-building.
Jan 10, 2014 12:30 AM
Dec 2013
If you reread the manga, you will realize the author was hinting at this and planning this for so long, ever since miria said after the battle with the male awakened being, "I've dug too deep in the organization's secrets. I'm at the point of no return. It's best if you don't find out." or something along those lines

another time, teresa told a village "if you don't pay, we won't come to help you next time. villages who don't pay usually end up being wiped out by a group of yoma." the organization guy was like, "you make it sound like we send in the yoma ourselves" and teresa was like "we don't?" meaning she knew about this secret but didn't care. other claymores probably found out too but were killed or kept quiet, not only miria

I'm currently rereading claymore and on this chapter :)
May 12, 2014 8:47 PM

Mar 2013
iBananaMonkey said:
If you reread the manga, you will realize the author was hinting at this and planning this for so long, ever since miria said after the battle with the male awakened being, "I've dug too deep in the organization's secrets. I'm at the point of no return. It's best if you don't find out." or something along those lines

another time, teresa told a village "if you don't pay, we won't come to help you next time. villages who don't pay usually end up being wiped out by a group of yoma." the organization guy was like, "you make it sound like we send in the yoma ourselves" and teresa was like "we don't?" meaning she knew about this secret but didn't care. other claymores probably found out too but were killed or kept quiet, not only miria

I'm currently rereading claymore and on this chapter :)

I know this is a bit late, but all you say is most likely true, even the last bit about Warriors being killed to keep quiet. In (http://www.manga2u.me/Claymore/27/20/) the male AB already has hear that Miria has "extensive knowledge" and when he says "If they're too smart... they wont live long either." And that he kills all Warriors sent to kill him to stay alive might suggest this as well (anime version he says "I kill all warriors sent to me" which would be better if he said that in the manga). This is the main reason why I like Claymore so much, it's because its so well thought out that things connect all throughout the manga.
Nov 14, 2014 7:32 PM
Jan 2013
this just escalated to the what the fuck? level
Dec 25, 2014 12:40 AM

May 2010
Lol cage of eden much?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 10, 2015 11:59 AM

Jun 2015
I think I'm alone reading the manga in this point of the story lol. But before I continue reading it, I need to comment many things so I anticipate it's going to be a long post.

OMG that was a BIG BIG twist to the story. Like for real, it opened a new whole dimension I'm not sure the manga will be able to cover in the 12 mangas and a half I still have to read because there may not be enough time. But wow.

So where to start. I knew the Org. apart from saving the humanity from Yomas was also evil at the same time. Because they use orphan girls as fighting weapons and would even take the children from their families - see Alicia and Beth- (also boys in the past, which were a failed product because they were too powerful and would awaken really fast, like was said volumes ago by Rifuru I think), for individual interests, to gain huge loads of money from the villagers. They also get rid of Claymores when they're not useful or kill them for deserting.
I knew the Org. was behind something a bit dark, but I was not expecting it to be something as big as what was revealed by Miria in this chapter.

Some things I've been questioning myself since I began reading this manga is that if there is a reason behind why they always have the exact number of 47 claymores in their army (why no more, why no less), where do the Yoma come from (although I didn't expect they could be a creation of the Org.), why the Org. guys are so ugly and gaunt, they look like Yomas. Also, what if their army of Claymores is killed, do they have any strenght/power by themselves to fight back, can they transform into monsters too? Every single Claymore in the history have had a different own symbol?

Back to what was said in this chapter, it makes absolutely sense that the Org. is behind the Yoma creation, so their bigger weapon called Claymore can test their power against them and for bigger purposes which may be fighting other human reigns and conquest the world. Also to control an amount of the population in an island having them deceived at his mercy saying that this is the only land that exists on the world.

And after what Miria said in this chapter, I got many rising questions. Do the Abyss creatures know about all that? Do they know the land where they live is only a small part of the world? Do they have any other true motives apart from conquering the small territory they live in?
How did Miria discover all this? I can't accept it is only her assumptions or she's that clever to come with this out of nowhere. How was she able to fight Yoma/AB and at the same time be researching the Org.? Did Miria knew about this since 7 years ago and hasn't tell anyone of the Ghost crew or also discovered some things during this lapse of time she's been with them. Why she didn't even tell Clare about this? Why noone of them asked her about the real reason they should fight the entire Org.? I hope this will be explained.
So someone from the Org. has to have told her about all that, or she had to discover some documents or secretly heard from the cusp about all that. She even gave details about 2 kingdoms fighting for the territory a century ago. So Yomas have only existed since the last 100 years back from the story? The dragons from the other reign are also Awakened beings or other creatures? How has that small village located in a remote place been living without knowing nothing about Yomas? At first, I thought that village may be the base where the Org. is taking the people to create the Yomas or something like that.

All in all, this chapter was a big shock for me, it expands the Claymore world a lot I can't even think of, nor I do know where the story will be going after the speech of Miria.
I'm very excited to continue reading.
MMiyamotoNov 10, 2015 12:09 PM
Feb 24, 2016 6:35 AM

Dec 2012
Wow. WOW. Woooow. The way Miria described their continent as some far away island just made the scale of this story escalate. To think after all of this, they're only a smaller role in the grand scheme of their world.
Feb 24, 2016 6:38 AM

May 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
Wow. WOW. Woooow. The way Miria described their continent as some far away island just made the scale of this story escalate. To think after all of this, they're only a smaller role in the grand scheme of their world.

this thread died 8 years ago

dont revive it
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Feb 24, 2016 6:43 AM

Dec 2012
Malarkey said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

this thread died 8 years ago

dont revive it
That's not relevant to what chapter/episode discussions are used for on MAL. But if you insist, I look forward to responding to every chapter from here on out.
Dec 19, 2016 10:23 AM

May 2014
iBananaMonkey said:

another time, teresa told a village "if you don't pay, we won't come to help you next time. villages who don't pay usually end up being wiped out by a group of yoma." the organization guy was like, "you make it sound like we send in the yoma ourselves" and teresa was like "we don't?"

Yeah it was ever since she said this that I already guessed that the organization are the ones creating yoma, but it's still a great twist. I don't think the author tried to hide it too much, because there were other hints dropped as well. I think the bigger twist that no one expected was that this island is literally just a test site, and that there's a much bigger scale war happening on a different continent which no one (cept Miria) even knew about. Pretty damn crazy...

I've loved this series up until this point and I'm just so excited to see where it goes from here. I'm too fecking busy to read a lot but it's probably better to just go a few chapters at a time anyway.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Jun 19, 2017 4:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great and Surprising theory!!!O_O
Dec 26, 2018 3:42 AM

Nov 2016
The developments are interesting and it also reminds me of another manga where humans turn into monsters.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 11, 2019 3:55 PM

Apr 2019
FMmatron said:
The developments are interesting and it also reminds me of another manga where humans turn into monsters.

I know, right? It feels like the one you're talking about it a ripoff of this one XD

The resemblance is uncanny :D

Holy molly...
Nov 15, 2019 5:45 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pike27 said:
FMmatron said:

I know, right? It feels like the one you're talking about it a ripoff of this one XD

The resemblance is uncanny :D

Holy molly...

Exactly my thoughts! I knew ‘that’ wasn’t the first instance for such a plot twist but I certainly didn't expect to see this coming from this show.

Miria just dropped the bombshell! I seriously can’t wait to see where this is going! I’m not fully convinced though, to be frankly honest, judging by how things have played in the previous 70-odd chapters but I’ll keep this thought for future evaluation if need be.

On another note, Claire and Galatea little trick before the decisive blow to Agatha was fudging lit! I love how these 7 have become like vigilantes and I especially love their power-ups!
_MushiRock11_Nov 15, 2019 5:48 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 13, 2020 3:57 PM

Jul 2017
Damn, so I guess it was more than just tita- ahem! I mean, yoma all long. I'm just joking lol

Feb 27, 2020 7:15 AM

Jun 2009
Certainly one of the more jaw dropping reveals in a manga. Unfortunately it will also turn out to be
grandy_UiDFeb 27, 2020 7:23 AM
Aug 17, 2020 2:18 AM

Oct 2018
Well, I know there is no one here anymore, but I just want to share my thoughts or rather rants about this chapter.

I feel cheated on this so called bombshell revelation in this chapter, I don't know how to explain it, but it feels like the plot-twist was coming out of nowhere and placed there just too surprised the reader. Some people compared this to Attack on Titan's plot twist, but in AOT at the very least they treated the origin of the titan as mystery and what mystery the world out of the wall hold as the main plot line so when everything get revealed it was feel natural even though we didn't expected them, the revelation answered our question.

While in this manga the nature or origin of Yoma was never talked about save for the few first chapters when they said Yoma is an ancient creature who eat human. None of the characters ever talked about it, let alone questioned it. It was the same with the small island laboratory theory, the manga said there is 49 (or 47?) Teritories indicating it was a big continent, not to mention the northern and southern areas has different weather and climate. And again, no character as far as I remember ever saying that their land is the only landmass in the world and suddenly BOOM, it was actually a small island use for laboratory. And how exactly the explorers can't find the outer land? Are the explorers there is utterly incompetent? There is no plausible explanation of why they didn't find the outer land early. Again for comparison, in AOT the government forbid peoples to go outside, not to mention there is titans outside, and actively prevent people to doing so.

I am not an expert in plot-twist thing, but usually a good plot twist has a hint or at the very least an indication of what will or actually happen, even when you can't even guess what it is until it's revealed, so when you re-watch or reread it again everything like coming together so you feel it was your fault for not see it coming. But it's not the case for this manga. I still interested to see where or how the author continued this story, but those "bombshell plot-twist" is really getting on my nerves.

And please pardon for my crude English, it's not my native language.
Aug 24, 2020 5:28 PM

Jan 2020
WTF, Shingeki rip off Claymore???

Dec 12, 2020 2:08 PM

Dec 2013
IgorPsc91 said:
WTF, Shingeki rip off Claymore???

I had similar thoughts. SNK is more focused on political aspects and gives us that great backstory that connect island and continent. Here we got Miria and her knowledge. We don't know how she knows that but it's interesting and (imo)action is better than SHK.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

9 by saketsahu »»
May 4, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 2 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

12 by ShokuganYuriko »»
Apr 29, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 50 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 12, 2010

14 by aoo-kun »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.