Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 12:41 AM

Apr 2020
Ream was cute here, and it was a fine episode but a part confused me.
also babyface jim seems to be inspired about a real person, babyface nelson
anyways the problem I'm currently having with this anime is I'm trying my hardest to find things to talk about..
“You can’t always hold on to the things that are important. By letting them go we gain something else.” – Kunio Yaobi
May 5, 3:34 AM

Jan 2018
After the dinosaur episode, we got a Wild West episode. I guess that's another quintessential time travel setting especially after Back to the Future Part 3. But now that I think about it, this chapter in the manga probably came out long before Back to the Future. So, I wonder if this was an anime-original episode or if it was an adaptation of manga chapters. I'm guessing it's the latter.

Of course, Ream was very cute in this episode too. But them leaving their forgetters and other tools behind was pretty stupid.

Ream really pulled a "what if he was American?" move on Bon. Wow. Maybe racism doesn't exist in 2056 lol.

They talked about O.K. Corral so much in this episode that I had to look it up. Saw a clip from a 1993 movie. I wonder if that's really how it went down. Might wanna watch that movie at some point either way.

I was wondering if Bon was actually the boy they were trying to save. That would've been a weird paradox. Not unlike what happened in Back to the Future Part 3.
May 5, 4:30 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to 0451
After the dinosaur episode, we got a Wild West episode. I guess that's another quintessential time travel setting especially after Back to the Future Part 3. But now that I think about it, this chapter in the manga probably came out long before Back to the Future. So, I wonder if this was an anime-original episode or if it was an adaptation of manga chapters. I'm guessing it's the latter.

Of course, Ream was very cute in this episode too. But them leaving their forgetters and other tools behind was pretty stupid.

Ream really pulled a "what if he was American?" move on Bon. Wow. Maybe racism doesn't exist in 2056 lol.

They talked about O.K. Corral so much in this episode that I had to look it up. Saw a clip from a 1993 movie. I wonder if that's really how it went down. Might wanna watch that movie at some point either way.

I was wondering if Bon was actually the boy they were trying to save. That would've been a weird paradox. Not unlike what happened in Back to the Future Part 3.
@0451 it's an adaption. The anime didn't even adapt few chapters because of the 12 episodes limit unfortunately so there's no room for an original episode, and I doubt season 2 would because of what happens in ep.12
There's still 15 chapters left to adapt so season 2 would have to cut some as well, especially since the author passed away before it got any conclusion so there has to be an original ending somehow.
May 5, 5:10 AM

Jan 2018
Reply to RecallMyName
@0451 it's an adaption. The anime didn't even adapt few chapters because of the 12 episodes limit unfortunately so there's no room for an original episode, and I doubt season 2 would because of what happens in ep.12
There's still 15 chapters left to adapt so season 2 would have to cut some as well, especially since the author passed away before it got any conclusion so there has to be an original ending somehow.
@RecallMyName So far only 12 episodes are out and MAL doesn't list it as completed. It says it aired from May 2, 2024, to July 17, 2024. I'm guessing there will be more episodes dropping in July.

Also, your comments are spoiler-y. I suggest using the spoiler tags.
May 5, 6:08 AM

Jun 2019
I never dabbled much in waifu culture, but Ream Stream is a definite waifu, not just from the showing here, but examples from previous episodes too (the vacation trip back to the age of dinosaurs fully sold me on that).

I remember a while back someone, I believe on MAL but it may have been elsewhere on a different forum, asking if there were any American Old West/Wild West settings portrayed in anime. Respondents struggled to come up with examples. There was definitely one older anime, I think from the 70s or 80s, but last I checked it seemed like it wasn't subbed and much of it may even be lost media. Now this episode serves a a good new example of a Wild West setting you don't usually see (in anime).

I actually visited Tombstone, Arizona, back in the summer of 2010 when I drove around to 30 different U.S. states within a month. They had good bison burgers, barbecue, and sarsaparilla, but I remember thinking that the whole place looked smaller than I imagined it and more like a movie set or Wild West-themed theme park outside of the actual American Southwest like the kind I had visited in my home state, so it was surreal seeing the real life historical place and it not seeming quite real. Took a tour which showed some of the less famous places like the Chinese prostitutes' quarter. Various different businesses had the 1993 film (Tombstone) playing on a loop.

0451 said:
So far only 12 episodes are out and MAL doesn't list it as completed. It says it aired from May 2, 2024, to July 17, 2024. I'm guessing there will be more episodes dropping in July.

There's going to be a season two.

"The first season of T.P. Bon will be released on Netflix on May 2nd, 2024. Season 2 will be released two months later, on July 17th, 2024."

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/time-patrol-bon-anime-adaptation-at-netflix-what-we-know-so-far/
WatchTillTandavaMay 5, 6:25 AM
May 5, 1:57 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Reply to ThatFlowerGirl
Ream was cute here, and it was a fine episode but a part confused me.
also babyface jim seems to be inspired about a real person, babyface nelson
anyways the problem I'm currently having with this anime is I'm trying my hardest to find things to talk about..
ThatFlowerGirl said:
how did Bon win that showdown, him vs a veteran shooter? Am I supposed to believe that a student who practiced pretend shooting with his friend once won against an old raggedy shooter from the past who looks like he shoots for a living?
Like Tezuka, Fujiko's main protags often resemble each other so it's nothing new if he gave Bon Nobita's skill of a marksman.

More topics from this board

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 2 Discussion

RealNath - May 2

7 by Sonson7 »»
May 16, 5:02 AM

Poll: » definition of "underrated"

FruitPunchBaka - May 7

20 by Old_School_Akira »»
May 12, 7:00 PM

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 12 Discussion

0451 - May 5

13 by 0451 »»
May 12, 8:28 AM

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 3 Discussion

RealNath - May 2

4 by ginnko1 »»
May 12, 5:09 AM

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 7 Discussion

KayKimii - May 5

2 by The_Badguy »»
May 12, 3:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.