Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Hinata displays a lot of leadership this episode as part of this military council. She has a tough exterior and charisma with commanding presence so it's not surprising to see her in that role.

So ye, another one of those buildup episodes but with a lot of tension. Rimuru didn't seem too bothered but I really hope Hinata knows what she's doing.
May 3, 7:29 AM

May 2020
Meetings after meetings after meetings… this season just can’t without such roundtable meetings, can they? Moreover, introducing a bunch of new characters who we’re supposed to believe are as super strong and as righteous as one could be, voicing their opinions over Rimuru and Veldora, as if they could do anything about them was kind of infuriating to see tbh.

Anyways, leaving aside the entire blame game, and how Hinata is so ready to fight her past mistake of letting Rimuru escape, at the very least it was somewhat good to see that Farmus guy coming in and briefing them about the destruction he and his kingdom went through when Rimuru went full bonkers last season.

Enough of typical meetings and pikachu faces, we actually do want to see some action this season, which they kind of gave assurance we would, with Hinata. Now that she’s already coming with others, hope this thing doesn’t turn into a negotiation meet-up sort of, instead of an actual genuine fight.
May 3, 7:29 AM

Dec 2021
Great, let's have the big fight to satisfy everyone and then return to 30-minute meeting episodes.

In the Holy Empire of Lubelius, a summit convened between two prominent factions: the Crusaders, led by Hinata, and the Rook Geniuses. Amidst heated exchanges, Hinata invoked the divine decree of Luminu, forbidding any aggression towards Rimuru.

She aimed for reconciliation, even contemplating an apology for past transgressions. However, tensions escalated when Rimuru issued a direct challenge to Hinata for a one-on-one duel.

The shading in this episode was good, but that's about all I can say. It was pretty tiring how they spend the entire time sitting at this table with occasional flashbacks. Sigh.

May 3, 8:28 AM

Feb 2021
All the politics and information wars are so interesting, I'm absolutely loving this season so far. There will probably be a big fight between Rimuru and Hinata, but I hope everything ends peacefully.
Btw was it ever mentioned that Hinata is also an otherworlder? It came as a surprise.
Also it's so fun listening to them talking about Veldora like that while we know his true nature (he's really super strong tho).
May 3, 8:32 AM

Jul 2017
In a vacuum, I didn't think this was a godawful episode. It was slow for sure and very limited in animation, but the shading was pretty good and unlike last week and wasting its time talking about the barrier, this week's episode did feel a bit more important on the Holy Knights side at least. Not the most exciting dialogue or characters besides some intrigue in Hinata, but again, better than being in the same old setting in Jura with the same old characters that have been in meetings already forever. The thing that probably hurts this is the buildup to this season and a big chunk of season 2 already being dedicated to various meetings that were even more boring, anticlimactic and lacking in tension and delivery of stakes that this meeting did no favors in clouding my expectations for this episode a bit. It was nice seeing Hinata's character a bit more and it is intriguing on paper to see her meet up with Rimuru again and seeing what exactly will happen there, and she does present herself as a leader and a good listener who wants to piece together everything and is willing to take responsibility for herself too for some stuff previously. I just wish the rest of the Knights and the actual dialogue that took place were more interesting since everyone else felt so bland as characters that made the episode to feel less interesting and engaging than it should be. A lack of movement considering all the meetings prior made the episode feel even more tiring in places as a result, shading was nice but more could have been done to show some expressiveness about Rimuru's actions and Hinata's decisions to give it more impact.

As an episode, it is very slightly better than the bottom of the barrel meeting episodes earlier in this season (mainly due to this meeting feeling like it is resulting in something actually happening after and focus on new people) but beyond the shading, the execution was still as lazy and dry as it could have been. This series really needs something more exciting, something that actually features tension and genuine challenges to Rimuru to make conflicts feel interesting that feature him because otherwise, the anime has felt extremely dull and vapid as a result.
animejasMay 3, 8:50 AM
May 3, 8:47 AM

Dec 2022
THE fated fight between hinata and rimuru has begun

also poor reyhiem and rimurus message was most likely altered by those seven day bastards
because they want rimuru and hinata to fight
May 3, 8:55 AM
Sep 2015
At least those talks are leading to something, rather than nothing.
May 3, 9:00 AM
May 2021
Reply to Embient
All the politics and information wars are so interesting, I'm absolutely loving this season so far. There will probably be a big fight between Rimuru and Hinata, but I hope everything ends peacefully.
Btw was it ever mentioned that Hinata is also an otherworlder? It came as a surprise.
Also it's so fun listening to them talking about Veldora like that while we know his true nature (he's really super strong tho).
@Embient hahah yhh its gonna be amazing dude get ready for some intense shittt 🔥
May 3, 9:01 AM
May 2021
Peak ep, shitt is really gonna hit the fan soon soo gassed man… pending ~
May 3, 9:04 AM
Mar 2024
I realy love this anime adaption of the light novel.
May 3, 9:07 AM
Mar 2021
really enjoyed this episode. the foundations are being laid and the tiptoeing around veldora was interesting to see
May 3, 9:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Seems the council is far from a unified force. The civil war in Falmuth was long predicted by Rimuru to begin with. I mean for a kingdom that prized its military so much its loss was such a blow to their pride that it's almost guranteed. The seven luminaries making their entrance sure was unexpected. Still them helping to think of counters to Rimuru's ability was insightful. For how brash he seems Saare at least has some common sense of not picking fights where he can't win. Rimuru's expressions as he listened to the report was damm amusing. Curious to see what happens next given the plots that the Seven seems to be spreading.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
Tensura doing everything to can to beat the “rushed adaptation” allegations most isekai LN adaptations have. They’re taking their time with this arc 😂

Time for another slow build up meeting episode this time from Hinata side to see how they’re reacting to Rimuru’s moves. Hinata, like Rimuru is the voice of reason for her side discouraging any unnecessary aggression against tempest. With Rimuru having Veldora on his side and now being a demon lord, provoking him would be foolish + Hinata realises that Rimuru is not a bad guy and just wants to be left alone

That is.. until that altered message came in of Rimuru seemingly challenging Hinata to a 1v1+the luminaries showing up. Now it looks like we’re headed towards a battle between the two otherworlders while Falmuth falls into civil war. A lot of wild stuff going on politically in this world rn. Hopefully cooler heads prevail.

Poor Rimuru, look of disappointment on buddy’s face when he finds out Hinata is on her way with a sword says it all. Doesn’t want to fight her at all.

So we’re almost halfway through cour 1 and we’ve had largely build up episodes. At times it feels like 24 mins have passed and nothing’s happened, but I promise it’s all gonna pay off and you’ll appreciate the world-building.
Marinate1016May 3, 10:31 AM
May 3, 9:42 AM

Apr 2022
I'm confused, why is Rimuru surprised that Hinata is coming ready to fight?

Edit: I now know that the message might've been tampered with, thank you.
felixsifuriMay 5, 1:23 AM
May 3, 9:43 AM
Jul 2021
FIVE EPISODES OF MEETINGS IN MEETING ROOMS AND TALKING IN MEETINGS ABOUT PLANNING FOR MORE MEETINGS
May 3, 9:50 AM
Nov 2023
I was not expecting so many events to happen at the same time.
I'm assuming Reyhiem was killed by the Luminaries before he got to Lubelius and the message was replaced with one that challenges Hinata to a 1v1.
Meanwhile, word spread that Reyhiem was killed and Falmuth interpreted it a provocation from Rimuru.
I thought we had a few more episodes before things got ugly again, but now it seems like there are going to be two fights at the same time in the next episode.
May 3, 10:01 AM

Jan 2018
Looks like Hinata and Rimuru are gonna clash again. Finally.
May 3, 10:22 AM
Jan 2019
Slide show ; I mean Slime "Show" strikes again. Animation measured, not in frames per second, but in seconds per frame yet again. Season 2 did this too, so I'm hard-pressed to want to continue beyond this. I'll maybe give it one more week.
May 3, 10:22 AM
Jun 2020
Reply to felixsifuri

@felixsifuri My guess is someone tampered with the message, which originally was likely friendly in nature. Probably one of those three "luminaries".
May 3, 10:36 AM

Oct 2017
Was very satisfying watching them terrified after learning the truth. Rimuru is an awakened just like Guy and Milim after all. Those three luminus or whatever couldn't be more shady even if they wanted to lol. Clearly messed with the message and is sending Hinata to get rid of Veldora or the both of them like she suspects. Hinata's pretty smart and caught onto that. Also I never thought Hinata would actually be this reasonable, pretty surprised actually. Hoping they'll be able to resolve things peacefully but unlikely.
May 3, 10:42 AM
Aug 2022
felixsifuri said:

Ikr I’m confused too, his message practically was provoking her for a fight, unless it had a deeper meaning Hinata failed to notice. Well.. and us too 🤣🤣
May 3, 11:10 AM

Jun 2008
Another boring meeting episode...
May 3, 11:12 AM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
So the long awaited rematch between Hinata and Rimuru is coming up and the seven days clergy seem to have a lot of underhanded tactics to want Rimuru and Veldora out of the picture and it seems they do not want Hinata there either even going as far to fake the message Rimuru sent to her, giving her a sword that can hurt Veldora, and possibly sending in a fake Reyheim or killing him after the meeting. The last one is just a theory based on the report from Diablo. It wasn’t a very action oriented episode, but I still think it was a good episode and it’s progressing the story along and some crazy stuff is about to happen.
May 3, 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
Boring table talk anime...wtf
May 3, 11:34 AM
Apr 2023
Softhenic03 said:
Meetings after meetings after meetings… this season just can’t without such roundtable meetings, can they? Moreover, introducing a bunch of new characters who we’re supposed to believe are as super strong and as righteous as one could be, voicing their opinions over Rimuru and Veldora, as if they could do anything about them was kind of infuriating to see tbh.

Anyways, leaving aside the entire blame game, and how Hinata is so ready to fight her past mistake of letting Rimuru escape, at the very least it was somewhat good to see that Farmus guy coming in and briefing them about the destruction he and his kingdom went through when Rimuru went full bonkers last season.

Enough of typical meetings and pikachu faces, we actually do want to see some action this season, which they kind of gave assurance we would, with Hinata. Now that she’s already coming with others, hope this thing doesn’t turn into a negotiation meet-up sort of, instead of an actual genuine fight.

can people like you actually just not enjoy an anime unless it has city leveling fights every episode? i really enjoyed this ep and thought it was quite cool to see their thoughts and what they’re all thinking. as well as the setup for the oncoming meetup
May 3, 11:45 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to Cryloll
Softhenic03 said:

can people like you actually just not enjoy an anime unless it has city leveling fights every episode? i really enjoyed this ep and thought it was quite cool to see their thoughts and what they’re all thinking. as well as the setup for the oncoming meetup
@Cryloll Action isnt even the strongsuit of the anime that I look forward to but the meetings and how they translate to this anime are too boring and slow, no real movement or fun angles with good directing and compositions to make meetings have more weight or tension to them. This a better ep than last week but after 4 episodes of absolute nothing, this didnt help one bit. Meeting didnt even be effective in showing the others off and making them interesting to watch besides Hinata. The setup this week is more relevant and actually goes somewhere with the next ep but 5 episodes of this series hasnt been good. Even the last season had many meetings that didnt accomplish much interesting things
May 3, 11:57 AM
Apr 2023
MangagnaM said:
@Cryloll Action isnt even the strongsuit of the anime that I look forward to but the meetings and how they translate to this anime are too boring and slow, no real movement or fun angles with good directing and compositions to make meetings have more weight or tension to them. This a better ep than last week but after 4 episodes of absolute nothing, this didnt help one bit. Meeting didnt even be effective in showing the others off and making them interesting to watch besides Hinata. The setup this week is more relevant and actually goes somewhere with the next ep but 5 episodes of this series hasnt been good. Even the last season had many meetings that didnt accomplish much interesting things

Personally the meetings are fine imo. The meeting this episode moved the story forwards and that’s what im here for is the story. Episode 3 and 4 were both nothing burgers yeah but this episode was interesting. The people that keep getting upset that there’s no fights should realize that slime has set the tone that that’s not what it’s about, it’s more political and story focused.
May 3, 12:14 PM

Feb 2014
The meetings continue, much to the chagrin of those who are craving for action, but I'm still enjoying the world building so far. It was good to see what Hinata is up to, as she took part in the meeting with the saints present, whose opinions of Rimuru did vary.

While I do like how Hinata did reflect upon her previous actions when she fought against Rimuru in the past, it didn't help that the seven aging luminaries butted in for their own gains, mainly to see Veldora be defeated. They even went as far as to give Hinata a precious sword that was made to fell a dragon. Along with the doctored message of Rimuru challenging her on a 1v1 fight amongst others things, it does look like thing will indeed go down that route.

So it is a bit of a spanner thrown into Rimuru's plans, where Diablo also revealed that Reyhiem was killed, which did have Diablo feel saddened for it to happen. Either way, it does look like things will head down the action route. I do look forward to seeing how things will go from here, where I do hope that things don't turn too ugly.
May 3, 12:26 PM

May 2020
another amazing episode this week
Hinata being fooled again, that message in the crystal ball was manipulated from being peaceful message to a duel challenge.
But I guess Hinata has already some hints that she is being manipulated, which is a good sign.
cant wait for next weeks episode to see hinata and rimuru meet

May 3, 12:26 PM

May 2021
yap yap yap and yap. love a good yapping session but now it's time for action! hope we get some next week. I'm guessing rimuru's message was altered?!?!

people really shitting their pants about our otaku dragon veldora, it's warranted tho
May 3, 12:37 PM

Mar 2010
I pray to the gods that these politics stop already lolz. Damn so annoying kek

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 3, 12:46 PM

Jul 2017
Finally something is happening. This should've been episode 1...
May 3, 12:53 PM
Jan 2009
Hot take: I don't think it's the three floating old dudes who killed the Archbishop and are stirring up war again Rimuru. I think it's Diablo. He's connected to both Falmouth and the Archbishop and his primary goals are to watch Rimuru grow and generally "be interesting."
May 3, 12:58 PM
Jul 2020
another business meeting...
May 3, 12:59 PM
Jan 2023
Isak_Aaron said:
FIVE EPISODES OF MEETINGS IN MEETING ROOMS AND TALKING IN MEETINGS ABOUT PLANNING FOR MORE MEETINGS

^seriously. They should just rename it to That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Board Member...
May 3, 1:00 PM

Dec 2013
It seems that Hinata finally realized she got tricked and used and is ready this time, just letting them think she took the bait this time, it was pretty funny to see the holy knights be all high and mighty and then get humbled to know how strong Rimuru really is.
May 3, 2:27 PM
Nov 2018
What happened to the pact Archbishop Reyheim was supposed to be under? He was to report Veldora killed the army in his reawakening.
May 3, 3:06 PM
Feb 2016
too many waste duration like freeze scene didn't do anything
May 3, 3:12 PM

Jan 2008
Oh good, Hinata finally realized the truth: that Rimuru was an otherworlder like her, and that she was being used by the eastern merchants...but I wonder if she still believes Rimuru "killed" Shizu, like the fact that he technically absorbed Shizu after she passed away.

Reyhiem died. Oh no...anyway. Since those floating dudes knew beforehand that Reyhiem was carrying the message orb... they must have done something to alter the message. Looks like the Luminaries guys need to die now just like the Falmuth army, as they're going to be a thorn in Rimuru's side as a hostile force. I also wonder what's Diablo is gonna do with his soul...he still gets his soul after death, right?

Is "Catastrophe" the strongest classification achievable?
May 3, 3:21 PM
Apr 2023
5 episodes of pure info dump, what an awful attempt at storytelling. At least it seems like it's finally going somewhere, but that's some C- writing and plot development. Doesn't have to be action I'm fine with the slice of life content but overusing information dumps is a horrible attempt at storytelling. Most the info we've been given could be picked up without ever being openly explained. Even if they wanted to keep using info dumps you still need something to break up the monotony so the story feels more dynamic. Literally any writing teacher would call this a poor attempt at plot development. It doesn't have to be action or fighting, but back to back info dumps are just an awful way to tell a story.
Hot-PantaloonsMay 3, 3:44 PM
May 3, 3:32 PM

Dec 2016
Lol, too many action brain rot people that can't even handle some proper world building. I prefer slow proper world building than brainless 100% action all the time.
May 3, 3:54 PM
Oct 2016
Hinata having a meeting of her own. Gathering her top Knights to dish out what she discussed with Luminus regarding Rimuru. His new demon lord status and closeness with Veldora are contentious topics. Hinata seems to be coming around to the idea that Rimuru isn't an actual threat. All their reports of his nation and his temperament indicate that Rimuru just wants to life peacefully alongside humans which is exactly what he tried to tell Hinata when they fought. Hinata Knights are split on the matter though, with some wishing for a full attack in this new demon lord and others following what Hinata says. Luminus herself declaring not to attack Rimuru because of Veldora should be enough to quell these Knights but given the varying personalities at the table they all just won't listen. The tampered message that got delivered has absolutely shaken things up, Hinata was essentially already saying she would just go and talk with Rimuru to settle things. Thankfully she's still cautious about this obvious setup for her to try and fight Rimuru and Veldora. All these outside forces keep trying to mess things up for both sides.
May 3, 4:26 PM

Apr 2021
I actually don't want that fight between Hinata and Rimuru to happen. Hinata almost immediately realised that something about this message was off, especially after she reconsidered her first meeting with Rimuru with a calm mind.

Still, the tension is palpable and moving forward, it feels every minor action could get interpreted as danger or hostility and let things escalate. Even her having the dragon buster could be enough.

But I want them to talk things out so badly.
May 3, 4:31 PM
Nov 2023
HiddenArmy said:
Lol, too many action brain rot people that can't even handle some proper world building. I prefer slow proper world building than brainless 100% action all the time.

They never read a book with just words, it’s a shame how bad the A.D.D. is.
This deep exploration of all the relevant powers and their viewpoints, many twisted by false information and manipulation, is really fascinating. It’s better than the Metallic Rouge approach of explaining nothing then ploughing on into action that nobody understands the reason for or the relevance of the outcome.
May 3, 4:42 PM
Oct 2021
Even if most of the episode is just dialogue, I am always so intrigued and interested in the world and characters. I love this show!
May 3, 4:50 PM
Apr 2024
Thank you all for your input. I was spoiled last year when I finally started watching this phenomenal series. I was able to binge in a couple weeks, so the back and forth from fantasy/drama/action seemed fluid not dragged. I did need to re-watch back in Jan. thru Mar to refresh for this season... actually second season twice, so grand and detailed. I don't read the literature, but the ❤ for this series alone is pushing me to.

Anyway, like many have said, and I can agree...this season is heavy with dialogue, meetings, politics...but, that's fine for me. I found out after re-watching first couple seasons, that I care more about the politics in Rimuru's world than my own country's. That being said, I do believe this episode had more meat than the previous ones this season. Although I did like ep with Luminus discussing Rimuru. 3? IMO, she is an intriguing character since the Walpurgis intro, so I'm glad we're seeing more of her.

The same with Hinata this episode, great depth added to her. In her first encounter with Rimuru, I felt she was rather robotic, esp being another worlder. But then again, she was in revenge mode after being led astray. I can agree with Stark700 a lot on how her leadership skills were shown... calm, cool, collected. Loved her inner reflections throughout meeting and metagame instincts when the Luminaires(sp) appeared. Letting them think she doesn't know what they're doing, etc.

I probably only watch sub, 1 out of every 5 series, and not many simulcast because I hate waiting....nothing against it. If show has the hook for me, I'll watch in Martian.

This series is THE hook.

Thank you for letting me share.
1bubb1May 3, 6:00 PM
May 3, 5:39 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Moppit
What happened to the pact Archbishop Reyheim was supposed to be under? He was to report Veldora killed the army in his reawakening.
Moppit said:

That fake report was for the Falmuth nobles.
The Western Holy Church was monitoring Veldora so they would know that it's a lie. Rimuru wanted to see how they'd react so he let Reyheim report the truth to them.
May 3, 5:45 PM
Nov 2023
The real action will start soon. I can't hold myself 😆
May 3, 5:49 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to felixsifuri

felixsifuri said:

There are scenes missing from the anime.
Before Reyheim is killed he wanted to report to Diablo that the message could've been tampered with. Rimuru wanted to make peace with Hinata that's why he sent his message originally. Also that's why he ordered Reyheim to tell the truth, not the fake story to Hinata.
May 3, 6:25 PM
Jan 2023
there's worldbuilding and interesting dialogue and then there's this
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Yesterday

103 by HiljainenSipuli »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 26

121 by KingBaller06 »»
Yesterday, 6:47 PM

» How many volumes s3 will be covering most likely

SlimeLordOfRats - Feb 23

29 by Ishawdee »»
Yesterday, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10

274 by Koumazoku »»
Yesterday, 5:48 PM

» At this point they are testing my patience

Yeshaiah2015yesh - May 11

45 by Xupito »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.