Forum Settings
Forums
Grand Blue Dreaming
Available on Manga Store
New
May 1, 6:29 PM

Aug 2022
The Iori one straight up looks like ai it doesn't even look real and the chisa one feels off as well
May 1, 6:39 PM
Sep 2020
what were the previous ones like
May 1, 7:08 PM

Aug 2018
Somehow, they always choose the worst pictures for the characters.
May 1, 7:41 PM
Aug 2021
i like the iori one but the chisa one feels off
May 1, 11:03 PM
Dec 2020
iori's pic is better than what they had before, as for chisa previous pic was better
May 2, 2:51 AM

Sep 2016
They look fine, don't be nitpicky.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 2, 5:34 AM
Oct 2018
my picture is better fr.
May 2, 5:44 AM

Jan 2017
Dolanzz said:
The Iori one straight up looks like ai it doesn't even look real and the chisa one feels off as well

I mean, which one would you choose instead ? Considering that they are choosen by mods, based on the overall quality (coloring, brightness, position, ...), and that Animes pictures are prioritized. Excluding the Manga ones, Iori's and Chisa's current picture are by far the best.

You can always create a thread here, explaining why you want the change, and which picture you want, and maybe a mods will agree with you.

human4ever said:

Dunno about Chisa.
Alexioos95May 2, 5:50 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 2, 6:52 AM

Aug 2022
Reply to Alexioos95
Dolanzz said:

I mean, which one would you choose instead ? Considering that they are choosen by mods, based on the overall quality (coloring, brightness, position, ...), and that Animes pictures are prioritized. Excluding the Manga ones, Iori's and Chisa's current picture are by far the best.

You can always create a thread here, explaining why you want the change, and which picture you want, and maybe a mods will agree with you.

human4ever said:

Dunno about Chisa.
@Alexioos95 I doubt they would change it then with a thread cause my reasonings aren't the quality its that it doesn't look like it's from the anime. Iori's photo looks AI generated while Chisa's just looks like a different anime studio made a photo. The actual quality is good just doesn't feel like the same character I understand that's not a valid reason to change the photos sadly. Thank you for explaining the reasons they pick the photos and how to request to change it I was unaware about that.
May 2, 7:07 AM

Jan 2017
Dolanzz said:
I doubt they would change it then with a thread cause my reasonings aren't the quality its that it doesn't look like it's from the anime.

You can always try. Even if there is criterias, in the end, everything depends on what the mods themselves think (which is why there is some inconsistencies sometimes, or that the pictures may often changes).

Dolanzz said:
Iori's photo looks AI generated while Chisa's just looks like a different anime studio made a photo. The actual quality is good just doesn't feel like the same character

Iori's picture is from an official spread made to promote the Anime. (https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/8y0i1n/grand_blue_spread/?rdt=51659) Same for Chisa's one (https://natalie.mu/comic/news/293982), which also was used as cover for Volume 1 of the Blu-rays. So it's not too weird for them to be of higher quality than screenshots from an animated footage.

Iori definitely is shown to be more handsome in that spread than in the episodes. For Chisa, however, i randomly started skimming through Episode 09, and she looks the exact same (well, her skin seems a very little bit lighter).
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 2, 7:50 PM

Sep 2015
there are so many excellent manga frames for both, no, almost all characters so it's kinda a waste
May 4, 5:32 PM

Feb 2022
i just saw the pictures and i wish i hadnt. they are really bad. the old colored manga character drawings were very good. is there anything we can do to make it change?
May 4, 5:34 PM

Jun 2020
I don't understand why MAL prefers random screenshots over stylized manga art when thats literally the source material and how the characters are supposed to look like
May 7, 3:02 PM

May 2021
Yeah i hate the new chisa one. Glad im not the only one who hate it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grand Blue Chapter 89 Discussion

maiorikizu - Nov 6, 2023

41 by Tenshi_Budo »»
May 19, 3:54 AM

» Any idea when the manga ending

vivd_closer - Mar 12

12 by Tenshi_Budo »»
May 19, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Grand Blue Chapter 91 Discussion

Farabeuf - Feb 6

10 by LuckM12 »»
May 14, 2:04 AM

» Season 2 in production

MegamiRem - May 7

27 by sence_c4 »»
May 12, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Grand Blue Chapter 83 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 17, 2023

28 by Tenshi_Budo »»
May 12, 4:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.