Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever been falsely accused of anything?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 6, 11:31 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
1) how your parents got together in the first place 2) what happened that turned her that hostile
That's a long story but in short, their relatives forced them to marry, neither of them wanted too, my father wanted to marry another woman who was a doctor and on their wedding night my father told my mother that he would have given everything to the other woman but he won't give anything to her.

Noboru said:
Also makes me wonder if your sister is in turn treated as a golden child
Because she's better than me at everything. My sister is very extroverted and likes to participates in all church activities, on the other hand I'm introverted and don't even believe in God, forget going to church. I barely passed my 12th board exams and my sister who went to the same college (different stream through) came 1st. My father wanted me to become a doctor but I refused, failed engineering entrance exams too whereas my sister got into the top law school in the city.

Noboru said:
I believe this to be one day the case for you as well
I intend to remain single for the rest of my life, getting involved with people and maintaining relationships seems too much of trouble.
May 6, 12:29 PM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
That's a long story but in short, their relatives forced them to marry, neither of them wanted too, my father wanted to marry another woman who was a doctor and on their wedding night my father told my mother that he would have given everything to the other woman but he won't give anything to her.
Oh a forced marriage explains it, especially when one had (or maybe: still has) feelings for someone different. Yet things still happened because otherwise, we wouldn't be talking about this. So they could try to arrange themselves better, continue with their current state or maybe get different ways. Or do their relatives still hold so much power over them?

Maou_heika said:
Because she's better than me at everything. My sister is very extroverted and likes to participates in all church activities, on the other hand I'm introverted and don't even believe in God, forget going to church. I barely passed my 12th board exams and my sister who went to the same college (different stream through) came 1st. My father wanted me to become a doctor but I refused, failed engineering entrance exams too whereas my sister got into the top law school in the city.
That could be a self-fulfilling prophecy where one child excels because they got praised and supported lots when they were little while the other one closes themselves off as a result of negligence and/or mistreatment in or since early childhood.
Studying is overrated. You can do better with a good apprenticeship and actual work-experience in lots of cases. Besides, you can always add a degree or a certification afterwards. If I recall correctly, you wanted to do something with cyber security and that would be a great asset to your programming skills

Maou_heika said:
I intend to remain single for the rest of my life, getting involved with people and maintaining relationships seems too much of trouble.
Okay, we'll see if you'll remain the unbelieving Mary Magdalene of the forums, but otherwise: have you seriously thought of finding your own place to live and would you be okay with that? Also since your parents had an arranged wedding, do they or any relatives have any plans like that for you as well? If so: could you defy them and stand for your own yourself?
May 6, 12:37 PM

Apr 2024
I got falsely accused of trolling on the Internet a fair amount of times.

Source: One Piece
May 7, 7:03 AM

May 2024
Nah, that is one area where I don't lose
May 7, 8:38 AM

Jul 2013
Does it matter? Humans will get NTHE soon enough. And anyone saying otherwise is simply delusional...
May 7, 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to Noboru
Maou_heika said:
Oh a forced marriage explains it, especially when one had (or maybe: still has) feelings for someone different. Yet things still happened because otherwise, we wouldn't be talking about this. So they could try to arrange themselves better, continue with their current state or maybe get different ways. Or do their relatives still hold so much power over them?

Maou_heika said:
That could be a self-fulfilling prophecy where one child excels because they got praised and supported lots when they were little while the other one closes themselves off as a result of negligence and/or mistreatment in or since early childhood.
Studying is overrated. You can do better with a good apprenticeship and actual work-experience in lots of cases. Besides, you can always add a degree or a certification afterwards. If I recall correctly, you wanted to do something with cyber security and that would be a great asset to your programming skills

Maou_heika said:
Okay, we'll see if you'll remain the unbelieving Mary Magdalene of the forums, but otherwise: have you seriously thought of finding your own place to live and would you be okay with that? Also since your parents had an arranged wedding, do they or any relatives have any plans like that for you as well? If so: could you defy them and stand for your own yourself?
Noboru said:
Or do their relatives still hold so much power over them?
They don't, she doesn't talk to them and doesn't allow me or my father to talk to them either.

Noboru said:
They did support me back when I was in school, things started to go downhill when they forced me to take Biology over Comp Sci which I wanted due to which we started to get into a lot of arguments.

Noboru said:
When you live in an overpopulated country with high unemployment rates, grades matter a lot. I can't apply to bigger companies/MNCs because I fucked up in 12th and their criteria for just qualifying for the interview is 60% throughout your education. That's why I'm working in a small startup now. I did try for cyber security which was my major during my masters but didn't get a job since all job posts for it wanted experience in the field or an engineering degree, both of which I don't have. I had enrolled for CEH as well but didn't get enough time to prepare for the exam due to my job and the voucher expired in the end.

Noboru said:
have you seriously thought of finding your own place to live and would you be okay with that? Also since your parents had an arranged wedding, do they or any relatives have any plans like that for you as well? If so: could you defy them and stand for your own yourself?
No, didn't think of it and I don't have to worry about being forced into an arranged marriage.

May 7, 1:52 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to Maou_heika
Noboru said:
Or do their relatives still hold so much power over them?
They don't, she doesn't talk to them and doesn't allow me or my father to talk to them either.

Noboru said:
They did support me back when I was in school, things started to go downhill when they forced me to take Biology over Comp Sci which I wanted due to which we started to get into a lot of arguments.

Noboru said:
When you live in an overpopulated country with high unemployment rates, grades matter a lot. I can't apply to bigger companies/MNCs because I fucked up in 12th and their criteria for just qualifying for the interview is 60% throughout your education. That's why I'm working in a small startup now. I did try for cyber security which was my major during my masters but didn't get a job since all job posts for it wanted experience in the field or an engineering degree, both of which I don't have. I had enrolled for CEH as well but didn't get enough time to prepare for the exam due to my job and the voucher expired in the end.

Noboru said:
have you seriously thought of finding your own place to live and would you be okay with that? Also since your parents had an arranged wedding, do they or any relatives have any plans like that for you as well? If so: could you defy them and stand for your own yourself?
No, didn't think of it and I don't have to worry about being forced into an arranged marriage.

@Maou_heika Okay, so it's at least something that you can fully decide on your own about what you want to do socially and that your parents at least don't want you to experience a forced relationship

You've mentioned before that your father was into a doctor, so did he want you to become one as well because of his former love or does it have a particular prestige among the people around you?
Also, what made you choose computer science, instead?

Experience in the field can be achieved through internships. You could also apply for entry-level generic positions in IT and after 1-3 years switch to a specialized department through internal recommendation. Bigger companies may also borrow workers, so you might have a chance to get into a company like that as well that will keep you as an internal employee after working as an external (like me).
Aside from that, you could maybe ask for some additional tasks that would help you with your professional development in your current workplace, like a project or something.
It's a pity your voucher expired, but you will likely get another chance eventually. CEH sounds pretty cool

Then would you say there are more economical or more social/emotional reasons why you continue to stay with your parents?
May 8, 8:37 AM

Apr 2024
๐๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ง ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ก ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐จ๐ง ๐ข๐ง๐๐ข๐ฏ๐ข๐๐ฎ๐š๐ฅ๐ฌ, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ฒ ๐ˆ ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ซ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐ฉ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐›๐ž๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ซ.
May 8, 10:58 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
You've mentioned before that your father was into a doctor, so did he want you to become one as well because of his former love or does it have a particular prestige among the people around you?
No clue, my father doesn't talk much about himself, it was my mother who told me everything.

Noboru said:
Also, what made you choose computer science, instead?
It just seemed more interesting than biology, also I couldn't handle any of the zoology dissections, CS was definitely much better than cutting open dead insects and animals.

Noboru said:
Experience in the field can be achieved through internships. You could also apply for entry-level generic positions in IT and after 1-3 years switch to a specialized department through internal recommendation. Bigger companies may also borrow workers, so you might have a chance to get into a company like that as well that will keep you as an internal employee after working as an external (like me).
Aside from that, you could maybe ask for some additional tasks that would help you with your professional development in your current workplace, like a project or something.
I'm currently working in IT as a full stack developer, I got the job after completing internship with them. It's a product based startup so I only work on their product and not with other companies, there was literally just 1 other developer at the time I joined, they have hired a few more now. I hardly get any free time, there's no time for asking for additional tasks. While switching jobs they ask for relevant experience so I can't just use my current experience to gain entry into cyber security domain. I'm not getting any raise in my current company so I'm currently looking to switch to a better paying company but I can't seem to find any WFH jobs, WFO will be hard unless I get back to normal.

Noboru said:
Then would you say there are more economical or more social/emotional reasons why you continue to stay with your parents?

1. Living with parents saves a lot of money, getting a flat or even renting one is very expensive. Just renting a studio apartment would eat up half my salary.
2. I don't want to be separated from my pets, both me and my parents have decided that they'll be our last pets though.
May 8, 1:43 PM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
No clue, my father doesn't talk much about himself, it was my mother who told me everything.
That comes a bit surprising, especially based on your previous messages, I had the impression you would have a poorer relationship with your mother, but it somewhat sounds like you're at least in parts close with her if she entrusts you with dark stuff about her past
One thing that also intrigues me here, but whom of your parents would you yourself feel closer to? And which one would more closely represent your own personality?

Maou_heika said:
It just seemed more interesting than biology, also I couldn't handle any of the zoology dissections, CS was definitely much better than cutting open dead insects and animals.
I totally get that. Even though I do have some personal interest in medicine myself, I wouldn't like any form of cutting living beings open myself, either. So CS was also like some fallback career for me as well and I've been personally interested in cyber-security myself as well, though nowadays I'm more interested in account management

Maou_heika said:
I'm currently working in IT as a full stack developer, I got the job after completing internship with them. It's a product based startup so I only work on their product and not with other companies, there was literally just 1 other developer at the time I joined, they have hired a few more now. I hardly get any free time, there's no time for asking for additional tasks. While switching jobs they ask for relevant experience so I can't just use my current experience to gain entry into cyber security domain. I'm not getting any raise in my current company so I'm currently looking to switch to a better paying company but I can't seem to find any WFH jobs, WFO will be hard unless I get back to normal.
Interesting, so you've already done the route via internship. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as a full stack developer, you do both front- and backend development in addition to working on the databases.
Also, if they've hired more people, it seems your workplace is at least secure for now. Has the workload increased or does it still take time until the newer people are fully trained and can take more of your own workload?
Concerning the work experience, maybe if you tell them that you actively look for weaknesses in the security of your company and help with improving it, like with the coding part, you might leave a good impression. Otherwise, you could start again from a more generic IT position that would allow you to come in contact with various different specialized departments and then include your specialized knowledge from another area with the theory you've learned during your uni time and the practice from your generic IT position.
What's the policy in your current workplace now? Like how often are you allowed to work from home?
And I will pray for you to get back to normal and that you will feel much better soon

Maou_heika said:
1. Living with parents saves a lot of money, getting a flat or even renting one is very expensive. Just renting a studio apartment would eat up half my salary.
2. I don't want to be separated from my pets, both me and my parents have decided that they'll be our last pets though.
Those are fair enough points. I was wondering how bearable the situation for you is to continue living together with your parents, but I guess you're doing alright yourself even if things could be better
You have pets? :>
NoboruMay 8, 1:47 PM
May 8, 5:32 PM

Jun 2020
In kindergarten, I got falsely accused of putting classroom electronics into people's bookbags. I knew who was actually doing it, but nobody believed me. It's an absurd thing to be caught doing anyway. The teacher threatened to keep me locked inside of the school over Christmas/winter break. I was five years old and pissed that I was being used as a scapegoat. Like come on, I'm still pissed, why the hell would I do that?
May 9, 11:34 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
That comes a bit surprising, especially based on your previous messages, I had the impression you would have a poorer relationship with your mother, but it somewhat sounds like you're at least in parts close with her if she entrusts you with dark stuff about her past
One thing that also intrigues me here, but whom of your parents would you yourself feel closer to? And which one would more closely represent your own personality
It's not like she entrusted me with some secret, she literally yells out her entire history of what others did wrong to her throughout her life when she gets angry, she has been doing so since I was a kid. I've heard her say it countless times. My personality is different than both of them, if they weren't my parents they are the sort of people I would be staying away from. My mother completely hates me at this point and my father hardly talks about anything.

Noboru said:
Interesting, so you've already done the route via internship. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as a full stack developer, you do both front- and backend development in addition to working on the databases.
Also, if they've hired more people, it seems your workplace is at least secure for now. Has the workload increased or does it still take time until the newer people are fully trained and can take more of your own workload?
Concerning the work experience, maybe if you tell them that you actively look for weaknesses in the security of your company and help with improving it, like with the coding part, you might leave a good impression. Otherwise, you could start again from a more generic IT position that would allow you to come in contact with various different specialized departments and then include your specialized knowledge from another area with the theory you've learned during your uni time and the practice from your generic IT position.
What's the policy in your current workplace now? Like how often are you allowed to work from home?
And I will pray for you to get back to normal and that you will feel much better soon
Yes, I work on front-end + backend + DB. Like I mentioned before it's a startup, we don't have any training, you need to read through the code and understand yourself, I'm supposed to help the new hires if they run into problems with the code. The reason they hired more devs is because they are constantly adding new features to the product and they need more people to develop these features in parallel, my work itself hasn't increased or decreased. Currently my job is fully remote but my team lead did say that they might start calling to office once in a while.

Noboru said:
Those are fair enough points. I was wondering how bearable the situation for you is to continue living together with your parents, but I guess you're doing alright yourself even if things could be better
It's nothing new I'm used to it at this point, my mother has been like that for years together, I escape into the world of anime and manga when things get tough.

Noboru said:
You have pets? :>
Yes, I have 3 lovely pet chickens.
May 9, 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
It's not like she entrusted me with some secret, she literally yells out her entire history of what others did wrong to her throughout her life when she gets angry, she has been doing so since I was a kid. I've heard her say it countless times. My personality is different than both of them, if they weren't my parents they are the sort of people I would be staying away from. My mother completely hates me at this point and my father hardly talks about anything.
Hmm, it sounds like her own way of letting out her frustrations. Does she do that only with specific individuals or with everyone?
Then if you're different from both of them, you probably have a healthier way of conflict solving than either shouting at other people or giving them the silent treatment. Still it's quite admirable that you have enough respect about your parents even when they behave rather poorly towards you.
What makes him talk more?
Also, you say your mother hates you, but then why would she allow you to keep pets and continue to live with her?

Maou_heika said:
Yes, I work on front-end + backend + DB. Like I mentioned before it's a startup, we don't have any training, you need to read through the code and understand yourself, I'm supposed to help the new hires if they run into problems with the code. The reason they hired more devs is because they are constantly adding new features to the product and they need more people to develop these features in parallel, my work itself hasn't increased or decreased. Currently my job is fully remote but my team lead did say that they might start calling to office once in a while.
That seems to be quite common for smaller companies to have their employees be taught by prof. Google in self-study. From my point of view, it sounds pretty cool that you've managed to learn those programming languages and to apply the knowledge yourself, since it shows that you are willed to put in effort even when it isn't really what you actually want(ed) to do.
I can see how more features would make things more complicated. You would also need to co-ordinate more with others rather than having only one person work at a time who would know about the full code.
Makes sense why they would ask an experienced programmer who knows about the app to help out the new ones. But since you wrote "supposed", are the new ones good enough to help themselves or do you simply not have enough time to do much for them?
It's good though that your job allows you to work from home, though for newer ones, it's probably easier when they get to familiarize with the others in their workplace and to also have people they can ask next to them. I hope you will feel much better before they will first start to summon you for an office day. Has at least the pain lessened a little?

Maou_heika said:
It's nothing new I'm used to it at this point, my mother has been like that for years together, I escape into the world of anime and manga when things get tough.
That makes it still impressive because you keep going where other people would have long given up. I think you can be proud of what you have reached so far, because that type of self-motivation to learn various programming languages on your own is not something that just everyone can do

Maou_heika said:
Yes, I have 3 lovely pet chickens.
Sounds cute :>
I'm taking it, you're mostly responsible for them and take great care of them
Have you taught them any special moves or tricks?
May 12, 11:34 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
Hmm, it sounds like her own way of letting out her frustrations. Does she do that only with specific individuals or with everyone?
She only does that with me and my father.

Noboru said:
What makes him talk more?
The only time I've seen him talk more is when my mother starts insulting his mother and that just pisses her off even more.

Noboru said:
Also, you say your mother hates you, but then why would she allow you to keep pets and continue to live with her?
She herself has told me that she hates me. As for the pets, my mother had pet chickens since she was a kid so we just continued doing so, I wasn't the one who started it. She has threatened to kick me out on multiple occasions but in the end never actually done it, guess I'm lucky in that regard.

Noboru said:
But since you wrote "supposed", are the new ones good enough to help themselves or do you simply not have enough time to do much for them?
I do help them if the ask me questions or are stuck somewhere in their task.

Noboru said:
Has at least the pain lessened a little?
Still the same unfortunately.

Noboru said:
I think you can be proud of what you have reached so far, because that type of self-motivation to learn various programming languages on your own is not something that just everyone can do
Basics of programming were taught during BSc, once you know the basics it can easily be applied to any programming language, it's only the syntax that differs. I'm the least self-motivation person otherwise I would have switched to a better paying job and somehow managed to give the CEH certification exam long ago. Even now instead of learning something new to add to my resume, I'm spending my free time on anime, manga and LNs.

Noboru said:
Have you taught them any special moves or tricks?
No but they recognize their names and come running when I call them.
May 13, 5:38 AM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
Here is the question whether there is someone who can have a word with her. Also, how is your father dealing with your mother when she gets angry at him?

Maou_heika said:
The only time I've seen him talk more is when my mother starts insulting his mother and that just pisses her off even more.
Do you have any idea why that is? As in: why he talks more when his mother is insulted and why your mother gets more enraged when he talks more as a result of it?

Maou_heika said:
She herself has told me that she hates me. As for the pets, my mother had pet chickens since she was a kid so we just continued doing so, I wasn't the one who started it. She has threatened to kick me out on multiple occasions but in the end never actually done it, guess I'm lucky in that regard.
The reason why I've asked you that is because her actions seem contradicting to her words here. If she absolutely wanted to make you move out, it makes no sense to me that she would continue to allow you to have pets for an emotional attachment, but instead would much rather make you learn how to do the household yourself and not discourage you from moving out
I have also read your blog entry afterwards and it sounds very horrible and it's very unacceptable what she and your father have done to you. Them having been comparatively "merciful" when you were little is still no excuse that they have treated you very horrendously for not choosing the path they had envisioned for you and for having someone else call you sweet, which is not a lie. I want to know whether there was continued physical violence after you have found your job or whether only verbal violence has followed. Feel free to continue in private in case you deem it as too sensitive information

Maou_heika said:
That makes you a reliable Senpai/senior for them :)

Maou_heika said:
*pats you*
To understand better how you feel, can you give a rough categorization of how strong the pain is on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 = barely noticeable and 10 = so much pain that you're on the verge of collapsing?
Also, have you taken pain killers (paracetamol), if so: for how long?

Maou_heika said:
Basics of programming were taught during BSc, once you know the basics it can easily be applied to any programming language, it's only the syntax that differs. I'm the least self-motivation person otherwise I would have switched to a better paying job and somehow managed to give the CEH certification exam long ago. Even now instead of learning something new to add to my resume, I'm spending my free time on anime, manga and LNs.
What you find easy is not easy for everyone. It's more a sign of high intelligence particularly when you've managed to get through BSC and MA and have successfully applied the knowledge on your own. I myself have dropped uni because I didn't like the programming and business parts at all. Even in my apprenticeship, I've barely passed the programming parts, since I simply couldn't get myself interested in it (not that I had any use for it in any of my further IT-jobs, though).
It's even more impressive to me, because you've managed to do so even when you have been hated and mistreated for it. So if you could go through the BSC + MA and apply the knowledge in self-study yourself, it's far more reasonable to assume that you have the potential and capability to pass the CEH certification exam as well. When and how did you learn for your job? I'm taking it that if you spend at least half an hour to an hour on most days, you will get very good results with your CEH preparations as well by the time you get another chance

Maou_heika said:
That sounds cute, kinda like they recognize you as their mother :>
NoboruMay 13, 6:35 AM
May 13, 8:13 AM

Jul 2013
I was falsely accused of being a hacker for using a vpn lol...
DesuMaidenMay 13, 9:43 AM
May 13, 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to Noboru
Maou_heika said:
Here is the question whether there is someone who can have a word with her. Also, how is your father dealing with your mother when she gets angry at him?

Maou_heika said:
Do you have any idea why that is? As in: why he talks more when his mother is insulted and why your mother gets more enraged when he talks more as a result of it?

Maou_heika said:
The reason why I've asked you that is because her actions seem contradicting to her words here. If she absolutely wanted to make you move out, it makes no sense to me that she would continue to allow you to have pets for an emotional attachment, but instead would much rather make you learn how to do the household yourself and not discourage you from moving out
I have also read your blog entry afterwards and it sounds very horrible and it's very unacceptable what she and your father have done to you. Them having been comparatively "merciful" when you were little is still no excuse that they have treated you very horrendously for not choosing the path they had envisioned for you and for having someone else call you sweet, which is not a lie. I want to know whether there was continued physical violence after you have found your job or whether only verbal violence has followed. Feel free to continue in private in case you deem it as too sensitive information

Maou_heika said:
That makes you a reliable Senpai/senior for them :)

Maou_heika said:
*pats you*
To understand better how you feel, can you give a rough categorization of how strong the pain is on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 = barely noticeable and 10 = so much pain that you're on the verge of collapsing?

Maou_heika said:
What you find easy is not easy for everyone. It's more a sign of high intelligence particularly when you've managed to get through BSC and MA and have successfully applied the knowledge on your own. I myself have dropped uni because I didn't like the programming and business parts at all. Even in my apprenticeship, I've barely passed the programming parts, since I simply couldn't get myself interested in it (not that I had any use for it in any of my further IT-jobs, though).
It's even more impressive to me, because you've managed to do so even when you have been hated and mistreated for it. So if you could go through the BSC + MA and apply the knowledge in self-study yourself, it's far more reasonable to assume that you have the potential and capability to pass the CEH certification exam as well. When and how did you learn for your job? I'm taking it that if you spend at least half an hour to an hour on most days, you will get very good results with your CEH preparations as well by the time you get another chance

Maou_heika said:
That sounds cute, kinda like they recognize you as their mother :>
Noboru said:
Noboru said:
No, when it comes to others she behaves like the nicest person in existence making me out to be he bad one. As for my father, he just says random stuff siding with my mother's sister-in-law whom my mother hates and pisses her off even more. That sister-in-law passed away more than 10 years ago btw. My father was close to his mother so he most likely gets angry when my mother constantly keeps on insulting her.

Noboru said:
I want to know whether there was continued physical violence after you have found your job or whether only verbal violence has followed. Feel free to continue in private in case you deem it as too sensitive information
There's no physical violence as long as I keep quite and listen to her yelling at me, if I say anything, she considers it as talking back and comes to hit me on the head.

Noboru said:
It doesn't hurt if I sit still or don't move around, it starts hurting specially when I move around or bend. I'd rate it around 4 or 5. I haven't taken any medication.

Noboru said:
I'm not particularly good at doing things that don't interest me either, I was the same when my father forced me to take Biology at Jr. College level. I've done MSc not MA btw. Are you still working in IT?

Noboru said:
When and how did you learn for your job? I'm taking it that if you spend at least half an hour to an hour on most days, you will get very good results with your CEH preparations as well by the time you get another chance
I was unemployed for some moths after finishing my masters so I had plenty of time to learn new stuff, since I wasn't getting any opportunity in Cyber Security domain I looked up for which positions were available for freshers and learnt PHP which had the most openings in my city at the time. But right now I most definitely don't have the motivation to work the whole day and then learn something new in the very little free time I get after work.
May 13, 12:36 PM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
No, when it comes to others she behaves like the nicest person in existence making me out to be he bad one. As for my father, he just says random stuff siding with my mother's sister-in-law whom my mother hates and pisses her off even more. That sister-in-law passed away more than 10 years ago btw. My father was close to his mother so he most likely gets angry when my mother constantly keeps on insulting her.
You could secretly record her abuse and use it against her. I know Apple has the function with Live Listen, but I haven't tested it myself. For Android it's apparently Settings->Accessibility->Hearing enhancements->Amplify ambient sound. But the question is whether you would want something like that. Whether or not anyone else knows about how your mother acts towards you does not change the fact that she is the bad one and not you
Makes sense that your father gets angry over having a close one insulted. But it still saddens me a lot that not only he doesn't do the same for you, but also has supported and sided with your mother when it has come to physical violence against you

Maou_heika said:
There's no physical violence as long as I keep quite and listen to her yelling at me, if I say anything, she considers it as talking back and comes to hit me on the head.
She will get weaker in time, but until then or until you have someone near you to physically protect you, your physical integrity matters more in my eyes than trying to convince her of your position when she isn't in control of her own self. Her yelling doesn't make what she says the truth, it's more a sign of weakness of not being able to make you do what she wants to. Consider this, regardless what she thinks of you, it will never completely change what others think of you. I'm sure your aunt still thinks of you as the sweet girl you actually are, even if she might not have told you that ever afterwards because of what happened

Maou_heika said:
It doesn't hurt if I sit still or don't move around, it starts hurting specially when I move around or bend. I'd rate it around 4 or 5. I haven't taken any medication.
Oh then I'm relieved that you can at least sit and probably also sleep without major issues. Is there a doctor nearby you could go on your own?
Also, if it's chronic and possibly: inflamed, I'd like you to give at least some anti-inflammatory ones like ibuprofen a try for a few days. If it doesn't get better or gets worse again, you should definitely see a doctor before you get lasting damage as a result

Maou_heika said:
I'm not particularly good at doing things that don't interest me either, I was the same when my father forced me to take Biology at Jr. College level. I've done MSc not MA btw. Are you still working in IT?
Jr. College sounds a bit confusing, because it would be just the "Oberstufe" (higher grades (10th-12th or 11th-13th grade or separated as "high school" in English-speaking regions). I've actually liked biology and was quite decent back then, just not in the finals
Also my bad, but we don't differentiate between "arts" and "sciences" in the form it is done in English, since everything is a form of "Wissenschaft" (knowledgeship/science), so unless I'm aware that "sciences" is only for the natural ones, I'll continue to make that mistake
And yes, I'm still working in IT, but I don't need programming knowledge myself, since I'm in the direction of system integration in first and second level support that is more orientated on how the systems work on the clients rather than the programming parts. At most, we only use already finished scripts that are well-documented

Maou_heika said:
I was unemployed for some moths after finishing my masters so I had plenty of time to learn new stuff, since I wasn't getting any opportunity in Cyber Security domain I looked up for which positions were available for freshers and learnt PHP which had the most openings in my city at the time. But right now I most definitely don't have the motivation to work the whole day and then learn something new in the very little free time I get after work.
Ah I see, makes sense that you had more time when you were unemployed. PHP is the script language for websites, even Myanimelist has the .php in some URLs, if I'm not mistaken
What are your average workhours and your minimum workhours per day and per week?
Do you have work on weekend and/or public holidays as well and how many holidays do you get per year?
NoboruMay 13, 12:43 PM
May 13, 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
I've been accused of being "un-American"...

Well, I'm gonna show them how American I am by voting in the coming election this Nov. 2024
May 13, 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
Lets see if the fbi is reading this thread lol...
May 13, 2:30 PM

Aug 2009
Don't worry,

The insurrection will work this time
May 13, 2:45 PM

Jul 2013
I am falsely accused of being a terrorist for telling people that NTHE is going to happen...
May 14, 11:31 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
You could secretly record her abuse and use it against her.
I had already secretly recorded her once, the recording is still most likely there somewhere on my external hard drive but I never had the use for it. And if she finds out that I did that then things will only get worse for me.

Noboru said:
Consider this, regardless what she thinks of you, it will never completely change what others think of you. I'm sure your aunt still thinks of you as the sweet girl you actually are, even if she might not have told you that ever afterwards because of what happened
I don't think anyone would believe me. My mother has told all neighbors and everyone she knows in the society that if there's sound coming out of the house then it's me who is beating her. She has also told everyone that I'm mentally unstable. Everyone in society has a negative image of me.

Noboru said:
Is there a doctor nearby you could go on your own?
Also, if it's chronic and possibly: inflamed, I'd like you to give at least some anti-inflammatory ones like ibuprofen a try for a few days. If it doesn't get better or gets worse again, you should definitely see a doctor before you get lasting damage as a result

No doctor nearby. Thanks for the advice.

Noboru said:
Jr. College sounds a bit confusing
11th and 12th is called Jr. College here, that's when you pick up your stream (either Science, Commerce or Arts).

Noboru said:
What are your average workhours and your minimum workhours per day and per week?
Do you have work on weekend and/or public holidays as well and how many holidays do you get per year?
It's supposed to be 10am to 6pm but it never ends at 6, mostly extends to 7 and on release days it might extend further till 9 or so. It's 5 days a week.
Usually there is no work on weekends unless there's a tight deadline to meet. We get 12 public holidays (including holidays that fall on weekends) and 12 PTO in a year but getting leaves approved is quite difficult without a good enough reason.
May 14, 11:47 AM

Oct 2018
Yup, got falsely accused of smoking back in high school by my guardians. Cigarette smoke from the student that sat directly behind me had stuck to my clothes
Dreaming 'bout long gone things;
Days, on end, repeating infinitely.
Like the inside of a never-ending dream,
Whilst looking for the endless morn...
Only to return to the dream again
May 14, 12:46 PM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
I had already secretly recorded her once, the recording is still most likely there somewhere on my external hard drive but I never had the use for it. And if she finds out that I did that then things will only get worse for me.
Sounds like you have already considered that option and have prepared for it, but not yet done it. I have mixed feelings myself about this. On the one hand, I would more than like to see you put a closure on that abusive relationship while your mother and your father as her accomplice would get their just punishment, but on the other hand, I'd prefer if you at least get to neutral terms one day where your parents fully accept you the way you are and your decisions in life. But what do you want to do yourself?

Maou_heika said:
I don't think anyone would believe me. My mother has told all neighbors and everyone she knows in the society that if there's sound coming out of the house then it's me who is beating her. She has also told everyone that I'm mentally unstable. Everyone in society has a negative image of me.
I already believe you. Though I have the advantage that I got to witness and know about your good sides through written text. What are your parents doing for a job btw, if you don't mind answering? Since it might help to just talk with someone nearby when your parents are at work or out for a bit, even if it's just about random stuff. Then they have a higher chance of getting to actually know you rather than having a distorted image from bad rumors
But even if there is no one physically nearby to confirm that, it makes it not untrue that you are a charming person inside. I think the one you have to convince the most about it is you yourself. Because if you do, it will not matter as much what others think about you who don't get to see how you actually are. I for one will continue to have an undefined CG in my mind where you happily play with your pet chickens and have a beautiful smile :>

Maou_heika said:
No doctor nearby. Thanks for the advice.
Gladly; I simply don't want you to suffer when it can be avoided or at least alleviated. I know from personal experiences from close ones that inflammation can make the pain issues grow stronger. The affected person didn't want to walk much as a result, then they went to the doctor to get some stronger pain-killers with anti-inflammation capabilities and after 2-3 weeks, they started to get gradually better to the point where they gladly go out for a walk pretty much every day now

Maou_heika said:
11th and 12th is called Jr. College here, that's when you pick up your stream (either Science, Commerce or Arts).
Can you have a mix of those streams? Also, could you for example still study a completely different subject from a different stream if you have picked (computer) science for example?

Maou_heika said:
It's supposed to be 10am to 6pm but it never ends at 6, mostly extends to 7 and on release days it might extend further till 9 or so. It's 5 days a week.
Usually there is no work on weekends unless there's a tight deadline to meet. We get 12 public holidays (including holidays that fall on weekends) and 12 PTO in a year but getting leaves approved is quite difficult without a good enough reason.
So pretty much the standard 40h+ workweek that most people working full-time over here have, except there is usually 1h lunch break in between (30 min. mandatory after max. 6h, 45min. if you work more than 9h) and that your shift is rather late, whereas most would prefer to start working from 6am to 3pm, from 7am to 4pm or from 8am to 5 pm to have a bit more from the daylight
Do you have fixed times or can you clock in earlier or later?
We also have 12 public holidays in the Federal Country/part of Germany I'm living, but if a public holiday falls on the weekend, we won't get a day during the week off, either. At least, there are some public holidays that are fixed on the weekday (2 Mondays, 2 Thursdays and 1 Friday) rather than on a calendar date
12 paid days off is quite little. Our laws grant us at least 20 days in a 5 day workweek with most bigger companies eventually opting to around 30 days. And we can take them whenever during the year as long as the schedule allows for it
What good enough reason do they expect?
NoboruMay 15, 6:01 AM
May 14, 1:30 PM

Mar 2008
AdamBirch said:
๐๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ง ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ก ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐จ๐ง ๐ข๐ง๐๐ข๐ฏ๐ข๐๐ฎ๐š๐ฅ๐ฌ, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ฒ ๐ˆ ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ซ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐ฉ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐›๐ž๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ซ.

Yeah I dont like doing that either
deg said:
people accuse me of being a dnc shill

nah i just want nordic model or even green economy

The DNC doesn't even support that except somewhat Bernie. They are in the oil industry and very against any real changes to the economy

Maou_heika said:
No, there was no enmity between my grandmothers, it's my mother who has multiple issues with me, my father and my father's side of the family. She still believes that I'm the reincarnation of my grandmother since I look similar to her.

Someone needs to teach her how genetics works.

Maou_heika said:

Most people arent like your parents unless it is a cultural thing and they are then you can at least connect with people elsewhere maybe
May 15, 11:07 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
But what do you want to do yourself?
I wanted my parents to accept me.

Noboru said:
What are your parents doing for a job btw, if you don't mind answering?
My father was a banker, he took voluntary retirement back when I was in 8th grade. My mother was a lawyer but she stopped practicing after I was born. They are at home the whole day.

Noboru said:
Can you have a mix of those streams? Also, could you for example still study a completely different subject from a different stream if you have picked (computer) science for example?
No, you can't pick any subjects from other streams or mix them up. For Science there was an option between Computer Science and Biology the rest were compulsory subjects you couldn't change.

Noboru said:
Do you have fixed times or can you clock in earlier or later?
It's fixed.

Noboru said:
So pretty much the standard 40h+ workweek that most people working full-time over here have, except there is usually 1h lunch break in between (30 min. mandatory after max. 6h, 45min. if you work more than 9h) and that your shift is rather late, whereas most would prefer to start working from 6am to 3pm, from 7am to 4pm or from 8am to 5 pm to have a bit more from the daylight
We have 30mins lunch break between 1:30 to 2:00pm, no other breaks in between, it usually ends at 7 so that's not an issue. 10-6 or 10-7 is the standard work timing here for most companies.

Noboru said:
What good enough reason do they expect?
No idea. The last time I took a leave saying I had some personal work the team lead called me and kept on questioning me about what I was going to do.
May 15, 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
traed said:
Someone needs to teach her how genetics works.
She's a science graduate so I'm pretty sure she already knows that.

traed said:
Most people arent like your parents unless it is a cultural thing and they are then you can at least connect with people elsewhere maybe
It's not just because of my parents, I'm just not good at maintaining relationship for a long time added to which I also find sex to be pretty disgusting, that's not something I want to do ever.
May 15, 12:21 PM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
I wanted my parents to accept me.
It's never too late when they are still alive if you've meant that in past tense. I do wish they will come to eventually accept you, but I don't want it to be at a price of you being beaten up, regardless of it being physically or verbally/mentally

Maou_heika said:
My father was a banker, he took voluntary retirement back when I was in 8th grade. My mother was a lawyer but she stopped practicing after I was born. They are at home the whole day.
That sounds like they have been quite successful with their professions that they can afford retiring rather earlier. Now I can see why and how they would make you feel inferior compared to your sister who seems to follow in the footsteps of your mother. But the only one you should ever compare yourself to in my eyes is you yourself. You have managed a full uni course up to MSC yourself, you have learned multiple programming languages and have found a job all on your own. You are still in your prime and have the potential to do more with your life, be it on the professional or on the social aspects

If they are at home every day, you probably don't get much of a rest unless you act compliant enough and try to not strike much attention. Do they at least respect your privacy and leave you alone when you're in your room?

Maou_heika said:
No, you can't pick any subjects from other streams or mix them up. For Science there was an option between Computer Science and Biology the rest were compulsory subjects you couldn't change.
Ah I see. This sounds like your educational system makes you specialize as much as possible in single subjects or fields, whereas the focus for us was more about general knowledge (at least it was in my time around 10- 15 years ago). For example, we had Maths, German/Literature, a foreign language, a natural science and a "Geisteswissenschaft" ("science of the mind" or Arts) to have as a major subject in high school/junior college. What subjects did you have outside Computer Science?

Maou_heika said:
We have 30mins lunch break between 1:30 to 2:00pm, no other breaks in between, it usually ends at 7 so that's not an issue. 10-6 or 10-7 is the standard work timing here for most companies.
That makes it a 8.5h workday and a 42.5h workweek, then. 30 mins is a bit little for myself and I can see how it would get straining. However, you are still saving yourself 2h of commute as long as you can continue to work from home. Even if longer breaks and a bit shorter worktimes might also have a positive effect, here I get the impression that there are other factors that make you feel less energetic rather than just your work alone

Maou_heika said:
No idea. The last time I took a leave saying I had some personal work the team lead called me and kept on questioning me about what I was going to do.
You can always answer stuff like you have to do renovation works, need to tend the garden or are invited to some wedding which would all sound credible enough

Maou_heika said:
It's not just because of my parents, I'm just not good at maintaining relationship for a long time added to which I also find sex to be pretty disgusting, that's not something I want to do ever.
I feel you at least partially, because I'm also not very good at keeping relationships, at least not in the intensity and frequency I would prefer to the point where I get rather distanced.
The latter is usually a sign of traumatic events and/or very bad treatment in the past. To be honest, when I get overly emotionally attached, it makes me feel more ashamed and generally less interested in sexual things, particularly when I get aware of any form of mistreatment which tugs at my heart. But I would never think of someone I would love as dirty or impure, so my hope is that physical assurance from the girl/woman that she's doing well will get me in the mood to perform when it actually counts

p.s.: I've just noticed, but we have very roughly similar daily schedules when I have early shift and you your normal shift on a simultaneous manner ^^
NoboruMay 16, 5:36 AM
May 16, 11:36 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
If they are at home every day, you probably don't get much of a rest unless you act compliant enough and try to not strike much attention. Do they at least respect your privacy and leave you alone when you're in your room?
I've never had a private room, I just sit in the hall and do my work. There are rooms in the house but none of them belong to anyone in particular, everyone can enter and leave as they please. As long as she is not angry, she leaves me alone.

Noboru said:
What subjects did you have outside Computer Science?
English, Maths, Physics and Chemistry

May 16, 12:09 PM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
I've never had a private room, I just sit in the hall and do my work. There are rooms in the house but none of them belong to anyone in particular, everyone can enter and leave as they please. As long as she is not angry, she leaves me alone.
So you come from a comparably well-off family but get even less quality of living than people who have just apartments, but where at least the children grow up with the concept of having their own room they can retreat to. I do hope you have at least your own room to sleep and get some good rest at night. And I'm still praying for you to at least get back to normal with your body
Can you focus well enough in the hall?
Also, since you said that anyone can enter and leave: has your mother or father ever caught you online and/or do they monitor your activity?

Maou_heika said:
English, Maths, Physics and Chemistry
Hmm, I see. Which one out of those did you like the best?
NoboruMay 16, 12:12 PM
May 19, 11:39 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
I do hope you have at least your own room to sleep and get some good rest at night.
I do.

Noboru said:
Yes, I'm used to it since that's where I spent time my entire life.

Noboru said:
Also, since you said that anyone can enter and leave: has your mother or father ever caught you online and/or do they monitor your activity?
They are not much into technology so they don't know what I do online. I just switch the tab to some anime website if they come nearby.

Noboru said:
Physics.
May 19, 11:50 AM

Jul 2013
I have been falsely accused of being a pedophile because I look at hentai of anime school girls hehehehehehehe
May 19, 12:55 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to Maou_heika
Noboru said:
I do hope you have at least your own room to sleep and get some good rest at night.
I do.

Noboru said:
Yes, I'm used to it since that's where I spent time my entire life.

Noboru said:
They are not much into technology so they don't know what I do online. I just switch the tab to some anime website if they come nearby.

Noboru said:
Physics.
@Maou_heika: I'm glad you have a good rest at night since it also helps with your overall well-being

If I understood you correctly, that means you haven't moved anywhere and haven't lived in any other place not even temporarily (not including going on vacations). Correct me if I'm wrong, though

It's a good thing you can have at least virtually some peace of mind, though I would have expected you would need to switch it to something that looks productive
This also reminds me that I was using Dexpot back when I only had my room for swapping whole screens, but since moving upwards in the house, it didn't matter any longer, so I'm pretty much only using it for having individual wallpapers on a dual screen setup nowadays

Physics was actually one of my weakest subjects xD What did you like about physics and why?

Also, if you had one free wish under the conditions that you could only use it for something good and not for something evil and not simply wish yourself more wishes or the power to grant yourself everything you want to, what would it be and why?
NoboruMay 19, 1:04 PM
May 19, 3:24 PM

Oct 2013
Nope. Shocking, especially on here, considering the people who like to call others out for the things they've watched.
Yesterday, 11:37 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
If I understood you correctly, that means you haven't moved anywhere and haven't lived in any other place not even temporarily (not including going on vacations). Correct me if I'm wrong, though
Yes, I've been in the same place my entire life.

Noboru said:
I would have expected you would need to switch it to something that looks productive
During college she did expect that and I did spend most of my time reading reference books specially during MSc. She gave up on asking me to learn new things after getting a job.

Noboru said:
Physics was actually one of my weakest subjects xD What did you like about physics and why?
At this point even I don't remember but he whole reason I chose science was because it had lab sessions and I enjoyed doing experiments, it also makes it easier to remember concepts since I don't have to memorize random stuff.

Noboru said:
Also, if you had one free wish under the conditions that you could only use it for something good and not for something evil and not simply wish yourself more wishes or the power to grant yourself everything you want to, what would it be and why?
That's hard to answer. I would have asked for infinite money but that would end up granting all my wishes so I guess I'll ask for a huge plot of land and donate it to a local animal shelter either that or start my own animal shelter, can't think of anything else.
Yesterday, 12:46 PM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
Yes, I've been in the same place my entire life.
Which prospect sounds more favorable to you in the longer run, provided your current living standards will at least remain the same: living somewhere else (could be anywhere within your country or in any place in the world you would wish for) or continuing to stay in the house of your parents until your retirement and beyond?

Maou_heika said:
During college she did expect that and I did spend most of my time reading reference books specially during MSc. She gave up on asking me to learn new things after getting a job.
It did help though, because you have successfully gone through your MSc. I guess once you have a stable source of income there is much less pressure. Was similar for me as well once I found a job
Has she inquired about other aspects of your life, like romantic aspects or whether you correspond with other people and with whom or like where you would see yourself in 5 or 10 years?

Maou_heika said:
At this point even I don't remember but he whole reason I chose science was because it had lab sessions and I enjoyed doing experiments, it also makes it easier to remember concepts since I don't have to memorize random stuff.
Experiments like the light bulb electrical ones or are there more that come to mind? Also, which out of the branches mentioned here is the most appealing to you: Astrophysics, Biophysics, Chemical Physics, Engineering Physics, Geophysics, Materials Science, Medical Physics, Nuclear Physics or Particle Physics? Or do you have another branch you would be more interested in?

Maou_heika said:
That's hard to answer. I would have asked for infinite money but that would end up granting all my wishes so I guess I'll ask for a huge plot of land and donate it to a local animal shelter either that or start my own animal shelter, can't think of anything else.
Asking for money is a common response and in a way, it could improve your quality of life. But I wouldn't like any improvements in relationships just because I won the lottery or something
Hmm, so it sounds like you have a big heart for animals like my waifu jk, I don't have any :>
If you could be an animal (not including the human species), which one would you want to be and why? And which one would feel the most similar to you when it comes to your personality?
NoboruYesterday, 1:09 PM
10 hours ago

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
Which prospect sounds more favorable to you in the longer run, provided your current living standards will at least remain the same: living somewhere else (could be anywhere within your country or in any place in the world you would wish for) or continuing to stay in the house of your parents until your retirement and beyond?
It's my (maternal) grandfather's house and it's quite old so I'm not sure if it will still be there at the time I retire, that's really long term. I'll live in my current house as long as I'm allowed to.

Noboru said:
Has she inquired about other aspects of your life, like romantic aspects or whether you correspond with other people and with whom or like where you would see yourself in 5 or 10 years?
Yes, she always wants to know whom I talk with and I'm not allowed to talk with anyone she doesn't approve of. She also has the habit of coming in contact with my friends and telling them bad things about me. As for the future she wants me to leave the startup I'm working at and get a more stable job at some MNC.

Noboru said:
Experiments like the light bulb electrical ones or are there more that come to mind? Also, which out of the branches mentioned here is the most appealing to you: Astrophysics, Biophysics, Chemical Physics, Engineering Physics, Geophysics, Materials Science, Medical Physics, Nuclear Physics or Particle Physics? Or do you have another branch you would be more interested in?
Physics was divided into 2 papers one being Classical Mechanics and the second being Electronics. Experiments were related to those two fields. It was at Jr. College level so it didn't go into any much detailed field. I haven't touched any of the fields you've mentioned but Astrophysics does sound interesting.

Noboru said:
Asking for money is a common response and in a way, it could improve your quality of life. But I wouldn't like any improvements in relationships just because I won the lottery or something
Even if it doesn't improve relationships, I can quit my job and spend time on learning and doing things I like.

Noboru said:
Hmm, so it sounds like you have a big heart for animals like my waifu jk, I don't have any :>
I definitely prefer animals over humans.

Noboru said:
If you could be an animal (not including the human species), which one would you want to be and why? And which one would feel the most similar to you when it comes to your personality?
Definitely a dog, there are lots of laws in place to protect dogs and I could lead a pretty good life. Cat would be good too but I like dogs over cats so I'll go with that.
It's hard to say which animal I'm like since each individual of any species has a different personality just like humans, that's what I've noticed through my pets anyways.
9 hours ago

Jul 2013
I have been falsely accused of being an anime fan for using this site lol...is that accusation true or false??
8 hours ago

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
It's my (maternal) grandfather's house and it's quite old so I'm not sure if it will still be there at the time I retire, that's really long term. I'll live in my current house as long as I'm allowed to.
That depends on the quality of the house and how much it has and will be maintained. For example, the house my parents bought here is from the 1930s, but was already renovated by the old owners and we have also redone the floors, walls and had the electricity re-done when moving in. A few years ago, the tiles on the roof were renewed and the outside was painted fresh. And last year, we've swapped the old oil heating from the 1980s with a new one and had solar panels installed since March this year

Maou_heika said:
Yes, she always wants to know whom I talk with and I'm not allowed to talk with anyone she doesn't approve of. She also has the habit of coming in contact with my friends and telling them bad things about me. As for the future she wants me to leave the startup I'm working at and get a more stable job at some MNC.
If you mean multi-national-company, I can see why, particularly when you also have more chances there to be promoted.
Talking bad about you behind your back is a bit sad, though. You would normally expect from parents that they would want to praise their children
What are the criteria for her approval and what are your criteria for the people you talk to?

Maou_heika said:
Physics was divided into 2 papers one being Classical Mechanics and the second being Electronics. Experiments were related to those two fields. It was at Jr. College level so it didn't go into any much detailed field. I haven't touched any of the fields you've mentioned but Astrophysics does sound interesting.
I vaguely remember it was kinda like that for us as well, but I've managed to not have Physics in the last 3 grades because of having chosen Spanish from 9th to 11th (12th and 13th are basically the years that count for the finals and I could use English as foreign language and biology as science)
Have you had a chance to see the aurora borealis in your country or any other cosmological event in general?

Maou_heika said:
Even if it doesn't improve relationships, I can quit my job and spend time on learning and doing things I like.
Those would be also some good points ^^
What would you like to learn about outside of IT-security stuff and probably Astrophysics?
And what do you like to do aside from watching Anime, reading Manga or consuming related media?

Maou_heika said:
I definitely prefer animals over humans.
Animals don't talk back, they leave you alone when you want to be on your own and stay loyal. But do you know what one of the most striking features of humans is which has nothing to do with the ability to communicate? It's the skill to keep going and enduring even when things get tough. That's how and why people can run marathons for example. When you think you can't go further you actually can when the situation demands it, so it's often also a question of mindset

Maou_heika said:
Definitely a dog, there are lots of laws in place to protect dogs and I could lead a pretty good life. Cat would be good too but I like dogs over cats so I'll go with that.
It's hard to say which animal I'm like since each individual of any species has a different personality just like humans, that's what I've noticed through my pets anyways.
Oh, I tend to see more people who prefer cats over dogs, so it comes a bit surprising
And mhmm, you would definitely make for a good puppy that would rival the characters from Dog Days :D
What are the tell-signs of your pet chickens? As in how can you discern that they each have their own unique personality?
Noboru7 hours ago
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why do people get WOWD by old books

vasipi4946 - 7 minutes ago

1 by Adnash »»
2 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

788 by zzz »»
15 minutes ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

52 by YoshiKiller01 »»
16 minutes ago

» how do you guys feel about summer? ( 1 2 )

JessicaKari - May 19

64 by YoshiKiller01 »»
20 minutes ago

» If you had the chance, which anime character would you cosplay as?

ojibanana - 11 hours ago

20 by Adverrito »»
54 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.