Forum Settings
Forums

users that do digital profiling do you care about them or not?

New
May 1, 6:27 AM

Jan 2009
if youre active here in casual discussion you may notice some users here are doing digital profiling aka collecting sensitive information about you so do you care do you still answer their threads?

examples of such users
degMay 1, 6:55 AM
May 1, 6:57 AM

Sep 2016
About 50-50

I'm not afraid of police lmao, but I don't answer everything honestly, why would I.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 1, 7:02 AM

Aug 2012
I don't care. Sounds like a pretty pathetic hobby though.

There's probably better ways to collect info than asking questions on an anime forum. Forums are pretty dead compared to ten years or so ago. Might be more successful in a discord server or something.
May 1, 8:58 AM

Jul 2013
He might not be an fbi agent...but he likely is. Don't reply to glowie threads...ignore glowie threads...those two users are totally suspcious...
May 1, 9:12 AM

Feb 2020
The lies about me that are documented, and unfortunately believed by some are much worse than things that I could ever say, so I guess I don't care.
May 1, 9:16 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Loyal_Sheepling
The lies about me that are documented, and unfortunately believed by some are much worse than things that I could ever say, so I guess I don't care.
@LightWorker let me guess, people are accusing you of being a pedophile?? Correct???
May 1, 9:17 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to DesuMaiden
@LightWorker let me guess, people are accusing you of being a pedophile?? Correct???
@DesuMaiden No actually, could be seen to be just as bad though.
May 1, 9:19 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Loyal_Sheepling
@DesuMaiden No actually, could be seen to be just as bad though.
@LightWorker like accusing you of being a hacker???
DesuMaidenMay 1, 9:30 AM
May 1, 9:37 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to DesuMaiden
@LightWorker like accusing you of being a hacker???
@DesuMaiden Lol no...it was stuff made up to ruin my ruin my mother's reputation and have me taken into care as a kid.
• Abused by my mother (whatever that meant exactly?)
• I'm not actually sick, it's something my mother made me believe
• I'm subnormal
• I have behaviour problems

It's all lies deliberately made up as a base for those that we were against. It's stuff I've mentioned before, that was also in the press at the time, but I'm not gonna add anything further.
May 1, 9:42 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Loyal_Sheepling
@DesuMaiden Lol no...it was stuff made up to ruin my ruin my mother's reputation and have me taken into care as a kid.
• Abused by my mother (whatever that meant exactly?)
• I'm not actually sick, it's something my mother made me believe
• I'm subnormal
• I have behaviour problems

It's all lies deliberately made up as a base for those that we were against. It's stuff I've mentioned before, that was also in the press at the time, but I'm not gonna add anything further.
@LightWorker I don't know how to hack...but I know how to use a Linux VM (Virtual Machine) to prevent hackers from hacking me btw...
May 1, 10:25 AM

Jun 2019
I never reply to those threads... If someone wants to get personal information on me, they will first have to earn my trust. It reminds me when a user started to send me insistent PMs to question me about my education... Guess what happened to his account:

MeusnierMay 1, 10:30 AM
May 1, 10:38 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Meusnier
I never reply to those threads... If someone wants to get personal information on me, they will first have to earn my trust. It reminds me when a user started to send me insistent PMs to question me about my education... Guess what happened to his account:

@Meusnier sounds like a smart idea, bro...don't reply to people baiting for personal info lol...
May 1, 10:40 AM

Feb 2018
Well I try to be careful with my digital profile. But I haven't done anything wrong so i am not worried about the police or anything. I am more worried about the potential of AI impersonation that will be used in the future with your data

May 1, 10:43 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to tsukareru
Well I try to be careful with my digital profile. But I haven't done anything wrong so i am not worried about the police or anything. I am more worried about the potential of AI impersonation that will be used in the future with your data
@tsukareru well being careful about your digital profile is pretty important...for obvious reasons...it is best to entirely ditch Facebook aka Failbook to help you with your privacy...and don't use Windows...use Linux, instead...
May 1, 5:27 PM

Nov 2019
I try to be as obscure as possible, we are all contributing to a digital footprint anyway so may aswell throw off any PIDs
May 2, 1:40 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to ST63LTH
I try to be as obscure as possible, we are all contributing to a digital footprint anyway so may aswell throw off any PIDs
@ST63LTH yeah but you still shouldn't post anything too revealing online...
May 2, 1:43 AM

Jun 2020
I answer them and are not scared if they reveal info that anyone who knows me could see

for the personal ones i either ignore or make shit up
May 2, 2:00 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to DesuMaiden
@ST63LTH yeah but you still shouldn't post anything too revealing online...
@DesuMaiden Agreed, pretty scary what userdata is stored online for years
May 2, 4:13 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to ST63LTH
@DesuMaiden Agreed, pretty scary what userdata is stored online for years
@ST63LTH yeah I don't ever post anything too revealing for good reasons...
May 4, 7:29 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I just answer with some string of words that becomes a sentence eventually.
May 4, 7:33 PM

Jun 2015
i genuinely dont care but then again im not a creep or anything so i dont have a lot to hide
i try not to overshare tho on here, is more cringe than dangerous ig

May 5, 7:55 AM

Jul 2013
Just don't give out any overly sensitive info...and you will be fine ;)

More topics from this board

» How much IQ points do you lose when you interact with people in real life?

LenRea - Yesterday

19 by ST63LTH »»
3 minutes ago

» I might be going away for awhile

The-Nsider - 11 hours ago

18 by ST63LTH »»
4 minutes ago

» Oddly specific thing in your house that isn't really hurting you but it's super annoying to deal with?

StrawberryBlxxd - 11 hours ago

15 by ST63LTH »»
5 minutes ago

» There's a tomato among us (•ิ_•ิ)?

tsukareru - 1 hour ago

2 by ST63LTH »»
6 minutes ago

» is being self-independent the only goal a person should focus on?

FruitPunchBaka - 6 hours ago

7 by ST63LTH »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.