Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 30, 1:55 PM
Apr 2022
the dangers in my heart <3 will always be my number 1 in romance
Apr 30, 2:05 PM

Aug 2010
I picked Clannad: After Story but even though it's my favorite anime of all time, my favorite anime in terms of romance is actually Nagi no Asukara.
Apr 30, 2:17 PM
Nov 2017
Boku no Pico gets my vote, such pure inoccent romance, melts my heart ❤️
Apr 30, 2:19 PM
Jun 2022
kimi ni todoke (including manga)
Apr 30, 2:31 PM
Nov 2023
I'm super partial to Kamisama Kiss since it was one of my first anime :D
Apr 30, 2:38 PM
Jun 2022
1 kimi ni todoke
2 fruits basket
3 horimiya
4 kamisama kiss
5 Yamada lvl 999
Apr 30, 2:49 PM

Feb 2023
My favorite romance is Horimiya.
It's so nice to have them get together early on so that the romance can just focus on them getting to know more about each other.

I also love the Snow White with the Red Hair anime, but I'm extremely disappointed in how the story continues in the manga. (For me, the story ends after season 2 of the anime)
Apr 30, 2:58 PM

Jan 2008
Reply to Nirinbo
1. Nana
2. Kuzu no Honkai
3. Kodomo no Omocha
4. Kare Kano
5. Bokuyaba
@Nirinbo Nana was great! But I wouldn't put it at the top for romance. It's more like a string of failed relationships. I'd say maybe #1 for drama category.
Apr 30, 2:58 PM

May 2021
deebosamuel said:
It’s Oregairu for me
100%
LoveYourEyes said:
Liz and the Blue Bird is the best romance.
Based and real o7
Lewa0077 said:
Toradora🔥
True facts of life

If I had to pick from the poll I'm choosing Kaguya, I haven't seen Clannad yet but I want to watch it.
Apr 30, 3:04 PM

Oct 2013
Its kind of disgusting seeing trash like Your Name even in this discussion honestly, imagine thinking the romance is good when first half is just girl helping dude hook up with his coworker and then sudden time skip of them being in love with each other despite actually never talking face to face

Shakugan no Shana my fav romance and nothing has topped it for over 10 years

but for voting on poll I would say Clannad
Apr 30, 3:39 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to ZakuF_
@Nirinbo Nana was great! But I wouldn't put it at the top for romance. It's more like a string of failed relationships. I'd say maybe #1 for drama category.
@Strayfe It is indeed labeled as "Love Polygon" on MAL, that's the main difference from more traditional romance anime with a clear main couple.
Apr 30, 3:44 PM
Nov 2020
Clannad or Fruits Basket
Apr 30, 3:44 PM

Jan 2022
Say I Love You, Your Lie in April, and Liz and the Blue Bird
Apr 30, 3:46 PM

Oct 2019
My favourite romance is actually Beastars season one, followed by kaguya sama love war followed by fruits basket.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 30, 3:52 PM
Jun 2023
Your name + golden time + kaguya on top
Apr 30, 4:02 PM
Feb 2022
the 100 girlfriends who really (x5) love you
Apr 30, 4:06 PM
Mar 2020
Kimi Ni Todoke. Not a fan of any of these tbh.
Apr 30, 4:07 PM

May 2023
My personal opinion is that the best romance anime of all time is Fruits Basket.
Apr 30, 4:11 PM
Aug 2022
Whisper me a love song is both my favourite romance manga and anime.

Second would be fruits basket. That show is incredible in every way.
Apr 30, 4:14 PM

Jul 2017
Tsuki ga Kirei. In one season, told a very satisfying romance story with good character development, relatable and conflicting moments that made me truly reflect on both the ups and downs on my previous relationship and had a great ending. I love the more dry, nuanced, awkward and quieter tone this series had with Akane and Kotaro, and even more, I loved seeing the two of them have their own individual lives and defined characters outside of the romance aspect and throughout the series, them learning to depend on each other and communicate to be more into each other and understand each other in more depth since they did not know each other that much prior to getting together. It's just a very refreshing and unique tone among romance anime I've seen and it handles drama that I would normally expect to be iffy, pretty damn well. I still reflect on it and miss it to this day, 7 years later.
Apr 30, 4:24 PM
Jan 2021
TheMageDalamar said:
special mention, golden time

Another special mention: 3D Kanojo
Apr 30, 4:28 PM
Apr 2024
not on the list but definitely horimiya. such a good show
Apr 30, 4:29 PM

Jun 2019
None of mine are on the list, as I would not expect them to be, but mine, if I were to create a separate list and ranking order for it, would go something like this:

1.) Koi Kaze
2.) Inuyasha
3.) Elfen Lied
4.) Kodomo no Jikan
5.) Mahoutsukai no Yome
6.) Happy Sugar Life
7.) Aku no Hana
8.) Beatless

(*Note - This is not the ranking I have these in as series as a whole - as in, apart from the romance aspect. Ranking here is purely for the romance alone. For these shows as romances to me).

Then, apart from those and additionally, instead of filling out the last few empty slots in a hypothetical Top 10, I would say that my other few favorite romances are in series which are decidedly predominantly non-romance and almost never tagged as such on all the relevant various archival/database and logging websites. The specific element of romance in Shiki, Noragami, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Ikoku Meiro no Croisée the Animation, Subete ga F ni Naru, Jormungand, and Black Lagoon.
WatchTillTandavaApr 30, 4:34 PM
Apr 30, 6:09 PM
May 2022
Limanite said:
TheMageDalamar said:
special mention, golden time

Another special mention: 3D Kanojo

yess despite how many people hate it, I really liked the characters in the first season though it was sometimes hard to watch in the second season it became soo good literally in one of my favourite romances.
Apr 30, 6:29 PM
May 2022
I haven’t seen Clanned or fruits baskets. Not mentally prepared and heard Fruit Baskets is an annoying harem with bad ending. PTW though
My favs are probably :
1. Bunny girl Senpai and Golden time
(I might be biased as they were my first shows I watched that got me in Anime after only having seen Pokemon DBZ and Beyblade etc.)
2. Darling in the FRANXX (End plot was ass)
3. Your lie in April
4. Quintessential Quints & Kaguya
5. Kono oto Tomare & Maid Sama
6. Cyberpunk & 3D Kanojo
dk if cyberpunk counts,loved it and criedSomehow
7. Higehero : I liked which most don’t and felt attached to it for awhile
8. The angel next door : I don’t remember it much but apparently have it rated a 9.

I enjoy RomComs a lot, but ones which also include quite a bit fair share of drama and issues the couple come over &The show havin quite a bit of depth than the average Rom shows is also nice.
(I like these if you don’t it’s all good) 🤌
Apr 30, 6:32 PM

Aug 2012
Not a huge fan of the romance genre, but After Story is my personal favourite.
Apr 30, 6:40 PM

Apr 2022
pretty much a three-way tie between kaguya-sama, karekano and nana for me, although nana is slightly different.
Apr 30, 7:27 PM

Mar 2024
From this list it's Kimi no na wa but in general it's Kimi ni Todoke and Oremonogatari
ToooooooooohruApr 30, 7:33 PM
Apr 30, 7:34 PM
Mar 2021
It’s 100% between clannad and your name. Clannad is my favorite romance show and your name is my favorite romance movie. My vote goes for Your Name though, it’s just way too important to me. But everyone who likes anime should mandatorily watch both.
Apr 30, 7:38 PM

Aug 2016
your name romance is forced, shouldnt be competing . And Kaguya sama should be replaced with Karekano as an option.

Id like to say Clannad afterstory but the end was "meh", and I havent watched Fruits Basket (yet) so my vote goes to BokuYaba.
:v
Apr 30, 7:56 PM
Aug 2022
love is War with the most votes is concerning
Apr 30, 7:59 PM

Jun 2010
I watch and read very few romance stories but I have enjoyed Fruits Basket and Clanned series a lot. I will catch up with the other interesting series soon.
Apr 30, 8:09 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to xXCaptainJXx
Yeetyus said:
It’s not on the list but for me Orange

ayyy, another orange enjoyer. i personally like horimiya better than all others mentioned in the poll too.
@xXCaptainJXx
Yeah, me too,
The art, music and OP themes are just extremely beautiful <3
Apr 30, 8:22 PM
Oct 2021
Mime's gotta be Love Chuunibyo and other delusions, it was My all time favorita anime until I watched Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Apr 30, 9:15 PM
Oct 2019
Out of these, it’d be Kaguya Sama Love is War, but my all time favorite is Oregairu.
Apr 30, 9:19 PM

Jul 2023
My favorites are Tonikaku Kawaii and I want to eat your pancreas
Apr 30, 10:19 PM
Jun 2022
I would say your name because I didn’t see the season 3 of Kaguya sama yet, looking forward to it! Your name is like one of my favorite movies of all time.
Apr 30, 10:24 PM

May 2018
lovely complex, kimi ni todoke, kobato, kamisama hajimemashita...
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Apr 30, 10:36 PM
Apr 2024
Dangers is overrated
Apr 30, 11:56 PM
Jan 2020
In terms of pure romance, BokuYaba > Love Is War for me.
May 1, 12:56 AM

Jan 2023
1. Saekano
2. Oreshura
3. Amagami SS
4. Rascal does not dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
5. Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
May 1, 1:03 AM
Jul 2021
My fav romance shows include :

I want to eat your pancreas, Ao Haru Ride, Horimiya, Your Name, Bunny Girl Senpai, Toradora, Kaguya-sama LiW, Wotaku, Golden Time, YLIA, Tsuki ga kirei

I would also include two ongoing mangas (Ao no Hako and The Fragrant flowers bloom with dignity) which will probably be getting an anime adaptation soon. So yeah, they are also really good imo.

I never really got the hype about Clannad and Dangers in my heart so I don't care about these two.
And FruBa, I am currently watching it so let's see how that one goes.

Also, I liked Oregairu's first season but after that it felt like it became kinda over dramatic and weird in the next seasons. So, not a huge fan of it.
dk107_May 1, 1:16 AM
May 1, 1:16 AM
Mar 2021
TheUpstairsOne said:
Dangers is overrated

Dangers isn't for you*
May 1, 1:36 AM
Dec 2021
Out of the options you gave us probably Clannad. Its blatantly manipulative, but emotional & complete with delightful characters. I wish it was believable, because even the walking archetypes are sweethearts I can't help but adore.

May 1, 1:44 AM

Dec 2018
Yagate Kimi ni Naru

The perfect Yuri. The animation, The music, The moments, EVERYTHING is so damngood

And so many sweet lesbian kisses,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I also love Strawberry Panic and Sakura Trick. But when It comes to romance I think Yagate is the better one

May 1, 2:08 AM

Aug 2023
It is not on this list, but my personal favourite is Koe no Katachi. I know it's not a straight-up romance, but it hits me in the feels every time.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❝ if our love died, would that be the worst thing? ❞ㅤ▬▬▬▬▬ㅤ // ㅤart by: miu_akatsuki
May 1, 3:20 AM
Feb 2022
It's not on the poll, for me favorite romance is Blue Spring ride (Ao Haru Ride) . There are also many romance animes which I adore, like Kaguya Sama, kimi ni todoke etc... but this one is always first on my list.
May 1, 3:54 AM
Jul 2021
1. After story
2. fruits basket/kaguya
3.dangers in my heart
4.your name
May 1, 4:04 AM
Mar 2023
Kaguya too, just perfect 10/10 anime💙
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Best Black Haired guy?

RedTea33 - May 19

20 by jellylo »»
8 minutes ago

» Thoughts on NA?

lezbifriends - May 19

17 by Theo1899 »»
10 minutes ago

» Are newcomer edgy anime fans not edgelords but actually normies? ( 1 2 )

LenRea - May 16

72 by FruitPunchBaka »»
16 minutes ago

» What's the most disturbing/scary hentai you've seen? ( 1 2 )

Mini_usagi - May 20, 2020

75 by APolygons2 »»
17 minutes ago

» Anime that made you feel emotional

ST63LTH - 44 minutes ago

4 by Ratris_Decision »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.