Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 30, 3:24 AM

Mar 2023
Disney is now probably the biggest laughing stock in the world and their treatment of anime doesn't help them. But i had a good time watching Summertime Rendering and Star Wars: Visions. So maybe there is a little bit hope for this souless corporation or maybe not.
Apr 30, 3:26 AM

Feb 2020
None really. Not a big fan of Disney nowadays.
Apr 30, 3:35 AM

Aug 2021
I dropped Disney anime, but my favorite Disney cartoon is Treasure Planet.

Apr 30, 3:35 AM

May 2015
If those two are the best that Disney+ is able to offer nowadays than there is not much hope to speak of.
IshitatesoApr 30, 3:40 AM
Apr 30, 3:40 AM

Nov 2023
Maybe use another streaming, its better woath the money
Apr 30, 3:44 AM

Jul 2021
only anime i've ever wtched on that platform is tokyo renvengers but i wouldn't count it as best of any sort

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 30, 3:48 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to Ratris_Decision
Maybe use another streaming, its better woath the money
@Ratris_Decision

I already use 4 other streaming platforms.
Apr 30, 3:49 AM
Oct 2022
Tengoku Daimakyou
Summertime Render/renderer
Apr 30, 4:21 AM

Oct 2019
Heavenly delusions, no contest.

(though I haven't seen summer time render, so there might be contest)
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 30, 5:32 AM

Sep 2016
My top 3 on Disney+
  1. Heavenly Delusion
  2. Undead Unluck
  3. Tatami Time Machine Blues
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 30, 5:49 AM

Jan 2020
There's like 10 anime in Disney+ anyway but at least Yojouhan S2 and Summertime Render are good.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Apr 30, 5:54 AM

Jan 2022
I genuinely don't care which anime is released by which company. If it's shit, it's shit. If it's good, it's good.
Apr 30, 6:06 AM

Jun 2010
I have not watched any anime from Disney. It doesn't really matter which company's production, I focus on the type of anime I want to watch.
Apr 30, 6:40 AM

Nov 2019
I didn't realize Disney+ had anime under their offerings, that being said you have a point being they're another soulless corp.
Wouldn't be my first choice for anime streaming platform in the first place.
Apr 30, 6:52 AM

Aug 2018
I just Googled Disney+, and apparently Haikyuu is on there, so I guess I'll choose Haikyuu.
Apr 30, 7:13 AM

Dec 2021
Lol Idfk Tatami Time Machine Blues? (although that’s way inferior to the original Tatami Galaxy)

I’m surprised no one has said Bleach 1000 Year Blood War - was it only on Disney+ here in Australia?
Apr 30, 7:16 AM

Sep 2018
According to this list (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Disney%2B_original_anime):

1) Heavenly Delusions
2) Undead Unluck
3) Go! Go! Loser Ranger!
Apr 30, 7:18 AM

Feb 2021
Majority of anime on Disney+ is actually on Hulu...

And the best I've watched there was Tengoku Daimakyou
Apr 30, 7:19 AM
Apr 2024
Bleach imo clears. Really shame it has to be in Disney's jail. It's stupid buying ton of subscriptions just to watch 1 title.
Apr 30, 7:42 AM

Feb 2021
The Disney+ anime I've seen are:

• Heavenly Delusion
  • Sand Land: The Series
  • Star Wars: Visions
  • Tokyo Revengers seasons 2-3 (season 1 isn't a Disney+ anime)
  • Undead Unluck

I liked all of them (besides Tokyo Revengers season 2) but I'd have to say the best is probably Undead Unluck, closely followed by Heavenly Delusion.
Apr 30, 8:03 AM

Feb 2023
Summer Time Rendering.

30 character requirement was a mistake.
Apr 30, 8:20 AM

Jan 2009
summer time rendering since im a sucker for multiverse time travel
Apr 30, 9:06 AM

Oct 2017
Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is prolly their biggest thing they've had
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 30, 10:30 AM

Feb 2016
How does one find out which anime are on Disney+?
その目だれの目?
Apr 30, 10:36 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to Lucifrost
How does one find out which anime are on Disney+?
@Lucifrost

Disney+ has pretty much all the Hulu content now (since Disney owns both and is seemingly trying to slowly merge them) so that is a pretty good starting point for researching.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 30, 11:15 AM

Jul 2021
I've only seen Heavenly Delusion, which was among a handful of content that I've subscribed for a month for. It was great and mostly worth it (less so now, since they hiked up the prices).

Disney seems to be consistently picking up some interesting shows, but it's not clear to me if they have a plan or if they're even really trying.

To me it just feels like anime on Disney+ do not get watched and talked about very much, to the same degree as Crunchyroll or even Netflix shows. I've seen commentary that it's because Disney is putting zero marketing into their anime (not even a tweet), but who knows if that's the reason.
Apr 30, 11:23 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to perseii
I've only seen Heavenly Delusion, which was among a handful of content that I've subscribed for a month for. It was great and mostly worth it (less so now, since they hiked up the prices).

Disney seems to be consistently picking up some interesting shows, but it's not clear to me if they have a plan or if they're even really trying.

To me it just feels like anime on Disney+ do not get watched and talked about very much, to the same degree as Crunchyroll or even Netflix shows. I've seen commentary that it's because Disney is putting zero marketing into their anime (not even a tweet), but who knows if that's the reason.
perseii said:

That checks out. The only English subbed trailers for last year's Phoenix anime were on Disney's Singapore and Malaysian youtube channels. I could not find a single trailer uploaded to a non-Asian channel, in any language.
その目だれの目?
Apr 30, 11:50 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Lucifrost
perseii said:

That checks out. The only English subbed trailers for last year's Phoenix anime were on Disney's Singapore and Malaysian youtube channels. I could not find a single trailer uploaded to a non-Asian channel, in any language.
Lucifrost said:
The only English subbed trailers for last year's Phoenix anime were on Disney's Singapore and Malaysian youtube channels. I could not find a single trailer uploaded to a non-Asian channel, in any language.

Yeah, you're right. The main Disney+ YouTube channel does not even have a trailer for Bleach.

I just searched for Heavenly Delusion trailers on YouTube and only managed to find them on Disney+ Singapore and Disney+ Philippines channels, under the title "Tengoku Daimakyo". Come to think of it, that was the title on the platform itself when I was watching it, not "Heavenly Delusion", so there's no chance that normie Westerners will click on that thumbnail.

It's so strange that Disney of all people are failing at marketing their products. The easiest explanation would be that they don't really care and they don't consider anime as "their product." But they spent the money on picking up Bleach, and it must not have been cheap. And it's not like Disney+ is drowning in non-anime content either.

Or they just don't know what they're doing and their teams aren't communicating with each other.

More topics from this board

» Going through shows you saw a decade ago, have they fell off?

Dragevard - 9 hours ago

15 by SnipeStrike »»
4 minutes ago

» Your Favourite Anime Quotes!

on-luffy - Dec 2, 2023

34 by orangc »»
14 minutes ago

» How many completed is considered a lot to you ( 1 2 )

Ice-Cube - Jul 9, 2022

91 by Xenofight »»
16 minutes ago

» Which Anime do you think has the overall best OP+ED+OSTs ? ( 1 2 )

NaRc0s_G - May 19

75 by ryzxgum »»
28 minutes ago

» Anime that made you feel emotional

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

5 by Codric »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.