Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Go! Go! Loser Ranger!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 28, 1:41 PM
Apr 2021
Holy shit Red is fucking unhinged and crazy asf bro like what do you mean you killed off ur own teammate and proceeded to eat food with his blood on it…??? And the other rangers didn’t even show much of a reaction same with the first ranks like wtf is wrong with these ppl I can see why Suzukiri hates them😀

Hibiki already proving he’s the best boy of the show up there with D, bro really cut off his arm for D to go take his spot and figure out a way to destroy the rangers😭

Poor Hibiki tho his parents were most likely part of a cult and that’s why his sister was so against listening to them I do feel bad that she died even though she deserves to live the most tbh I hope Hibiki can do all he can to make it up to her
Apr 28, 2:21 PM

Jul 2022
I have no doubt that the cold and ruthless Yumeko, and the aura of mystery she gives off, are among the things I like most about this anime.

Red Keeper is quite sadistic and brutal when it comes to maintaining his rank. More than a leader or a superhero defending planet Earth, he is a kind of tyrant incapable of accepting even the slightest complaint, someone with grandiose airs who feels like a god capable of doing whatever he pleases.

Hibiki is not just a good boy obsessed with the idea of becoming a superhero because he blindly admires them. We get to see more of the character, and although he and "D" don't have a single neuron in common, they really are among my favorite characters.
Apr 28, 2:36 PM
Jul 2023
The amount of plot twist and reveals in the first 5 minutes alone is staggering.

Hibiki-chan is the sweetest little puppy of actual good. I love him so much.
Apr 28, 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to Waver226
Unfortunately they cramped 7 chapters in this one episode, with some scenes completely being skipped or maybe getting adapted later on. I hope they will revert back to a more slower pacing since we are now starting with the plot as "Hibiki Sakurama".

some scenes from the manga the anime didnt tell
@Waver226 Yeah, though I think it was 6-ish chapters actually (because more than half than chapter 7 was adapted in episode 1 and 2 iirc, including the details about fighters after they die, which Blue Keeper talked about with Hekiru before sending him to search for Fighter D). Nonetheless, I think while not all of the content in those chapters made the cut, the needed information is basically almost all in the anime in one way or another.

That being said, it's unfortunate we didn't get Hekiru's initial characterization here and basically got a shorter version of his fight, but there will be more opportunities to make up for that going forward (also some neat little parallels with Fighter D's perspective of life compared to him and Sakurama that got left out, but hey, those WILL come back thematically in this very first segment of the plot anyway, especially the Sakurama parts skipped!).

Luckily, this must mean the next chapters will have a less hurried pace (the good thing is that I wouldn't say rushed, since they actually made it pretty cleverly convoluted even then; by maintaining the foreshadowing that he would cut his hand as a head after displaying his abilities to Sakurama, even though they didn't quite explicitly explained the trick in the anime one can still reach that conclusion).

All in all, it's too early to tell, considering how they modified things as early as episode 2. But I think the episode is well adapted (as long as they put in the missing details not completely tied to the fight in the next episodes anyway). Welp, as for the fight on itself, it was not my favorite in the manga except for the twist being nice. I think it dragged quite a bit with the comic relief and running around that they condensed here, so I think there were pros and cons to the anime version haha

3.5-4/5
DanpmssApr 28, 2:47 PM
Apr 28, 2:47 PM

Jan 2008
i just realized how much plot happened in just 4 episodes. It's so fast paced
I'm really intrigued
Apr 28, 4:55 PM

Sep 2018
Woah, so much shock value in this episode! I must've spent at least a third of this episode with my jaw wide open, lol. People are getting brutally murdered and limbs are being cut off... been a long time since I've seen such permanent consequences!! I adore it when a show isn't afraid of introducing actual stakes – sometimes irreversible things need to happen to uphold the illusion of danger, because that's what makes stories like this exciting.
Apr 28, 5:14 PM
May 2023
SPOILER

Definitely wasn't expecting Mr. red to kill someone that quickly, then continue eating while covered in blood like nothing happened 😭
Apr 28, 6:24 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Damn Red fighter really up and killed his junior like it was nothing. D and Hibiki getting along in a weird sort of way was interesting and now D is undercover investigating the Ranger force. It was a slow burning episode, but they can’t be all action packed so looking forward to the next episode
Apr 28, 6:34 PM
May 2021
this show is lowkey very confusing for me (might just be that i'm dumb lol). i got confused on this episode yet again. also during the flashback, all i could think about was whether or not the VA for Hibiki was an actual child or ppl are just getting better at replicating children lol
i only care about hot ppl fr fr
Apr 28, 8:24 PM
Oct 2017
I thought it was just the red ranger who was strange, it turns out the other rangers actually let the red ranger kill someone
Apr 28, 9:16 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, it was quite obvious that D did not die although the way he survived quite xd, where did he keep the explosives? How do I turn them on? I don't know...the power of the script, I guess.
Red is pretty crazy... well... everyone is pretty crazy haha
God is voiced by Jiraya, what role does this “god” have in the anime? I'll see
The topic of ideals is interesting and how some like Sakurama are willing to go quite far to achieve it.
Suzukiri has a pretty high rank, the things he should see and know... no wonder he wants to eliminate them.
Hekiru was melting, is it his ability or something?
Apr 28, 11:06 PM

Sep 2018
As an anime only who has not read or been spoiled on anything in the manga, I felt like fight in the last part of this episode was just rushed and not explained well enough. After watching it again and reading a couple comments, I think I was able to understand it. The part I didn't get the first time was the reason for Hibiki to cut off his own arm. He did it so that he could very convincingly switch places with D (by D shapeshifting his arm on Hibiki's body). This allows for D to fake his own death. I'm not sure whether D faking his own death was part of their plan, or if it was quick thinking by D, but either way, they were able to get something valuable in exchange for Hibiki's arm.

I saw in an earlier comment that 7 chapters were adapted in this episode. I see it's listed for 12 episodes, maybe the director/studio should have pushed to get 13. Or maybe get experimental and cut the OP as well (I thought there was an episode of Magia Record that did this, but when I looked again it still had a full ED sequence). There are so many interesting ideas in this show, it makes me kinda wish that there was a bit more time to explain things better.

Though I wonder what Hibiki is going to do from here, especially about his arm.
Apr 29, 1:47 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I don't ask for much, and I've been thinking this maybe since episode two, but I sure would like some fanart of Hibiki getting the Ranger D, if you know what I mean. 🍆
It's the personalities and character dynamics that are steering this ship. Bring it the heck on.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 29, 2:29 AM
Dec 2023
It is messed up and I like it. Also its literally Boys but with Rangers
Apr 29, 3:12 AM

Mar 2008
Al the rangers seem insane. Red murdered someone and no one batted an eye

Ahh i knew D had to have lived somehow it just seemed set up like that.

I kind of get where Hibiki's parents were coming from but I don't think their views hold up well.

Damn Hibiki cut off his hand lol Was that even necessary? Could have just bent at the wrist to hide his hand and ache ie same thing.
Apr 29, 4:51 AM
Jan 2022
5/5, great episode, the red ranger... I think now everything changes in the narrative
Apr 29, 5:25 AM

Nov 2023
God damn they rushed (and skipped) through a lot. Each of the first three episodes adapted one third of the first volume, while this episode adapted 7 chapters out of 9 in the second volume.

They rushed through the fight so fast that I'd barely say they adapted it. The tone also felt far too light, in the manga
, but in the anime it's looks like he got sunburned.

I'm a bit worried now as the overly tactical nature of the manga's fights was one of it's best qualities. If they are toning it down so they can rush the series along, this adaptation might end up being a bit of a dissapointment. Especially since the next arc was very slow, methodical and tactical.

Let's hope this is the only part they rush, but considering that the next arc is quite long and the only logical end point is in Volume 6, I doubt it.
HorsePersonManApr 29, 5:46 AM
Apr 29, 8:23 AM

Jan 2014
They really let that kitten be killed by that murder of crows. That's why I've always been wary of pious goody two-shoes. Meanwhile, the rangers feel apathetic about red keeper killing his subordinate.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Apr 29, 10:51 AM
Feb 2021
Oh no! Not the Kitty! T.T

Hibiki is so hardcore, wow
Apr 29, 10:53 AM
Nov 2022
Lots of action, although I don't quite understand Hibiki's reasons for helping soldier D, it is still interesting.
Apr 29, 11:00 AM

Sep 2023
I liked this for the most part, but there were some really confusing and outright dumb aspects. Hibiki was "somehow able to survive" against the alien god creature? How did D survive against Blue's Divine Artifact? Why was the Ranger guy at the end melting? Hibiki and D's plan was also kind of convoluted and confusing. For the most part, though, this was a decent episode. The brutality of the Rangers was shocking. Hopefully the following episodes clear things up a bit.
Apr 29, 11:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
He lost the arm!!!
kekeke
Apr 29, 12:14 PM
Feb 2022
Man. Hibiki’s parents were the textbook definition of Nihilists. Saying he couldn’t save the kitten because “what about the bats?” It’s good that god took out his parents because he would probably turn into Rick Sanchez.
Apr 29, 1:44 PM

Jul 2010
Really like the series but the pacing is atrocious. They cut out a lot of stuff, this episode looks like a mess... I am glad I read manga few days ago, otherwise I wouldn't understand some of the moments here.
Apr 29, 3:51 PM

Jul 2022
Wow, Hibiki really showed us his resolve, sacrificing his hand to prove to D that he could be trusted to work together. While we do indeed get Hibiki's backstory, it's still not super clear the reasons why he believes helping D will help fix the Ranger Force, (destroy and rebuild from scratch perhaps?). The panel with Akabane (Red) covered in blood after smashing his second in command is pure ruthlessness, and somewhat unexpected. Aside from the divine artifacts that are able to damage D's stomach, he has the replicas to worry about going forward. I wonder how long D will be able to masquerade as Hibiki, I'm sure Yumeko would be among the first to realize regardless.
Apr 30, 2:49 AM
Oct 2019
Red keeper finally show his inner demon.

I need the rest of the backstory with that "God".

Omg Hibiki is nuts!!
Imagine chopping your own hand on purpose WTF
Apr 30, 5:09 AM
Feb 2019
the twist at the end was really good
Apr 30, 2:40 PM
Jun 2012
Now things are really getting there. The story is starting to carry the delivery well.

Looking forward to where this goes as a whole.
Apr 30, 4:33 PM

May 2019
Not sure who is crazier but probably the red ranger as he murdered his own assistant whereas Hibiki cut off his arm to make him and D swapping places look more convincing.
Apr 30, 7:14 PM

Nov 2009
Wait...

So did D assimilated Hibiki’s hands or something?

Is that why D could grab the Divine weapon (where previously he got hurt?)

BTW, not really sure how Hibiki ended up at the bottom of the cliff... cause I thought D just cutted the head of one of his own creation self and kicked it down (since you can see the dust). But then we got Hibiki at the bottom with his head normally revealed (not inside his shirt like a magacian-style).

Also... guess all the Rangers are evil huh... none of them really cared much about the killing...

Green just said "stop" but that's it and let it happen, and then afterwards everyone just continues normally and going "Eh, o well"

TBH, I support D's cause to destroy the Ranger Corp, there's no "saving" this Ranger Corp, lol.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 1, 5:48 AM

Oct 2008
oh my god! such an excellent plan! THIS IS ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU!!! haha
5/5.
this show is really a sleeperhit dark horse hidden gem
matias067May 1, 5:56 AM

May 1, 10:33 AM
Aug 2018
If they made a pact by switching places, why did they say to themselves "I'm gonna destroy the rangers", "I won't let you do that"?
May 1, 3:18 PM
Aug 2023
Not (yet) a manga reader but I definitely felt like some things got sped through here. Like how Hibiki managed to survive the attack from the alien, did his sister actually die, what his precise motivations for joining the rangers, etc.

Him cutting off his hand to make the switch convincing was insane but I kinda respect it, but how the hell did they fake cutting D’s head off??
May 2, 10:28 PM
Oct 2019
very cool red, I want to see how D will fight with them
May 3, 1:15 AM
Apr 2014
show gets better every episode. kind of crazy because I wasn't sure after episode 1 if this was gonna be anything to write home about.
May 3, 12:25 PM

Oct 2018
Sakurama's flashback felt brisk. These kind of sequences usually tend to drag more. Also, there was blatantly a bit more to that plot that got abridged over by his narration (clearly something the writer doesn't want us to know yet). What I'm getting at is that Fighter D complaining he went on for too long is dumb and he should apologize to Sakurama.
Apology... oh, that reminds me of the first scene. We finally get a good look at the mascot character lurking in the margins of the series... and it looks not that great to me. How could they strip a dragon of its nose and mouth? It just looks like an oval with a paint job and extra fixings glued on. And what were they going for with that voice?
May 3, 8:33 PM
Jun 2020
Reply to DavidM_27
Why did Hibiki cut his hand?
@DavidM_27 maybe so D can have his hand and hold the Divine Weapon? IDK but they rly did him dirty with the being handless and burned...
May 4, 6:23 AM
Apr 2024
Excellent episode as always, I love this anime so much
May 4, 6:24 AM
Apr 2024
May 4, 6:25 AM
Apr 2024
May 4, 6:25 AM
Apr 2024
May 4, 11:24 AM

Feb 2012
Too bad the pace of the anime is horrible because it's a very good manga.

Ep1-3 were okay even if some things were sped up. But Ep4 is really terrible in terms of pace. It could (and should) have been 2 episodes.
A lot of things were skipped or rushed.
May 4, 1:44 PM

Dec 2018
Red Ranger is insane!!

After listening to Hibiki's backstory, it makes sense why he's like that now. His extreme dedication doesn't stop him from chopping off himself my god

I'm wondering about that god we see in Hibiki's flashback and in the beginning of the episode. Did the entity kept themselves hidden from society until now? Do the Rangers know of its presence? I'm sure it'll be explained eventually... but man this show is keeping me excited ˉ͈̀꒳ˉ͈́ )
May 5, 12:27 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Waver226
Unfortunately they cramped 7 chapters in this one episode, with some scenes completely being skipped or maybe getting adapted later on. I hope they will revert back to a more slower pacing since we are now starting with the plot as "Hibiki Sakurama".

some scenes from the manga the anime didnt tell
@Waver226 wtf? That's a significant change no? Anime doing its own thing it seems. Gonna check ep 5 later.
May 6, 6:48 PM

Feb 2022
i think the fight was rushed as hell. in the manga it lasted longer and we get to see more of lube man
no

May 6, 6:49 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to DavidM_27
Why did Hibiki cut his hand?
@DavidM_27

to trick lube man or something. the manga explained it better, the episode kind of rushed the fight
no

May 7, 7:06 AM

Jul 2017
There's Red casually killing his subordinate and proceeding to eat and Hibiki casually cutting his hand caught me off guard wtf is wrong with the people here..
can't wait for the next ep.
May 9, 12:53 PM
Aug 2017
This show exponentially keeps getting better and better. As someone who watches The Boys on Prime TV and is a huge fan of it, it's about damn time they made an anime that follows a similar structure. It's not a perfect show but no show is perfect, I'm just so invested in what I'd call a breath of fresh air!
May 9, 11:18 PM

Jan 2011
Fighter D was a jobber but it seems he wasn't our main character. I do have a feeling he isn't dead though.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 11, 11:23 AM
Apr 2024
godd red is homelander now
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12

69 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Today, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14

87 by JBCena »»
Yesterday, 5:16 AM

» Pv3

Benedito29 - Apr 28

25 by CheliosX »»
May 12, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

104 by Biisoo »»
May 12, 2:42 AM

» THIS IS PERFECT, I SIMPLY LOVE IT.

Benedito29 - May 10

16 by Animillion »»
May 11, 7:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.