Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 26, 10:07 AM
Dec 2023
Alright listen,

As someone who's read the light novels I wish to shed some light without spoiling anything. I absolutely love the books and haven't met anyone who hasn't. So it pains me to see this anime adaptation get so much hate.

the controversy

I won't be going into the obvious controversy regarding Rudy's character, as it has been brough up way too much now. He does some disgusting shit, and I'm not here to deny it. But hating on people for liking this anime regardless is shameful. Just because I tolerate his behaviour doesn't mean I support it. I recall Vegeta blowing up a planet and Frieza basically being a space version of a certain well known austrian with a bit of a temper, yet people fucking love them.

The fact that a character is flawed makes his development relatable and that's where the beauty of the story lies.

season 2

I get that some people are a little disheartened by the plot so far in season 2 part 2 and are worried about the lack of 'action'. I can tell you that both season 1 and 2 are meant to set everything up for the big adventures to come. Don't confuse him getting married as the story coming to an end. Endure the little slice of life that's left.

This season will cover the contents of volume 12, which is highly regarded to be the second best arc in the whole story. The end of this season will kickstart a series of events that will result in the 'juicy' part of the plotline.
As for the slice of life approach the series is taking right now, I struggled with it as well when reading the actual books. But I can say with full confidence that there's a reason behind everything. This story thrives on character development and its something any adaptation (manga or anime) struggles on. Monologue is what makes this story so great and it's hard to do outside of writing.

So, from the bottom of my heart, don't drop this anime. You'll truly regret it. The final 3-4 episodes will be incredible and it'd be a shame if you missed out.
The author is an absolute genius for the way the story is mapped out but it'll take time for 'anime only' folks to get it. So don't judge his work until it's finished.
Apr 26, 10:18 AM
Nov 2023
R0r5ch4ch said:
Alright listen,

As someone who's read the light novels I wish to shed some light without spoiling anything. I absolutely love the books and haven't met anyone who hasn't. So it pains me to see this anime adaptation get so much hate.

the controversy

I won't be going into the obvious controversy regarding Rudy's character, as it has been brough up way too much now. He does some disgusting shit, and I'm not here to deny it. But hating on people for liking this anime regardless is shameful. Just because I tolerate his behaviour doesn't mean I support it. I recall Vegeta blowing up a planet and Frieza basically being a space version of a certain well known austrian with a bit of a temper, yet people fucking love them.

The fact that a character is flawed makes his development relatable and that's where the beauty of the story lies.

season 2

I get that some people are a little disheartened by the plot so far in season 2 part 2 and are worried about the lack of 'action'. I can tell you that both season 1 and 2 are meant to set everything up for the big adventures to come. Don't confuse him getting married as the story coming to an end. Endure the little slice of life that's left.

This season will cover the contents of volume 12, which is highly regarded to be the second best arc in the whole story. The end of this season will kickstart a series of events that will result in the 'juicy' part of the plotline.
As for the slice of life approach the series is taking right now, I struggled with it as well when reading the actual books. But I can say with full confidence that there's a reason behind everything. This story thrives on character development and its something any adaptation (manga or anime) struggles on. Monologue is what makes this story so great and it's hard to do outside of writing.

So, from the bottom of my heart, don't drop this anime. You'll truly regret it. The final 3-4 episodes will be incredible and it'd be a shame if you missed out.
The author is an absolute genius for the way the story is mapped out but it'll take time for 'anime only' folks to get it. So don't judge his work until it's finished.

In this dark world .....when i was losing my hope and courage to defend MT and convincing folks about LN ......a saviour wrote this post ....truly thankful to you for explaining these things to them

( I am really tired of answering ppl why MT is in my favorites 😪😪)
Apr 26, 10:22 AM
Jun 2021
Jobless reincarnation is a masterpiece in my opinion the character development the plot everything is just amazing.

The people hating on this anime are those who want everything quick like no character development no world building but constant action that's a bad story in my opinion.If you really want a story like that there is alot of mid animes out there go watch those but y'all will regret dropping jobless reincarnation.

Jobless reincarnation is by far the best isekai I have ever watched and I will continue to watch it till the end.

Mushoku Tensei is PEAK 🗣️🔥🔥

Apr 26, 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
Well put. At what point we acknowledge, that hate one Rudy is way too forced?

Apr 26, 10:31 AM
Apr 2021
R0r5ch4ch said:
So it pains me to see this anime adaptation get so much hate.

I just disagree that the anime is getting a lot of hate, it's just a small group of people who dedicate their free time to attacking others,You can see that it is always the same people who make negative posts, many are fake accounts with few or no anime on the list.
Apr 26, 10:33 AM
Dec 2023
1000-MAT said:
R0r5ch4ch said:

I just disagree that the anime is getting a lot of hate, it's just a small group of people who dedicate their free time to attacking others,You can see that it is always the same people who make negative posts, many are fake accounts with few or no anime on the list.

I completely agree with you, don't get me wrong.
But regardless of it being a minority, they're very vocal and scare people off. That's why I made this post
Apr 26, 10:38 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to R0r5ch4ch
1000-MAT said:
R0r5ch4ch said:

I completely agree with you, don't get me wrong.
But regardless of it being a minority, they're very vocal and scare people off. That's why I made this post
@R0r5ch4ch Yes this is true
Apr 26, 10:58 AM
Dec 2022
Bro, haters can jump in a ditch for all I care. Even though I haven't read the Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation LN or manga, I am a huge fan. I love the series so much. It's peak. A golden masterpiece. 10/10.
Apr 26, 11:11 AM

Oct 2020
Bro I'm tagging you, @R0r5ch4ch you've read the LNs right?! Or whoever has read it.

Mushoku Tensei's start was totally abrupt and till ep 10,, but the way it take turns from ep 11 till the season 2* ep 5...... It was fantastic.

In other words, S1 part 2**, gave some intense shit to experience,, twists and turns, Rudy gets some intense life lessons. Also best action yet.

,, now I didn't hate S2 from ep 5 or so........it was fun and satisfactory .

But, now my major question,, please tell me this is the peace before the storm. Tell me there are more intense shit out there, I don't mean action but yea twists and turns, tragedy, breakdowns,......more Eris, Ryugerd, and Paul yk. Tell me s1pt2 wasn't the best the show has yet to offer.......TELL ME??!!
Cuz I already got excited to read that this season will have some great final eps......🤩
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Apr 26, 11:16 AM
Dec 2023
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Bro I'm tagging you, @R0r5ch4ch you've read the LNs right?! Or whoever has read it.

Mushoku Tensei's start was totally abrupt and till ep 10,, but the way it take turns from ep 11 till the season 2* ep 5...... It was fantastic.

In other words, S1 part 2**, gave some intense shit to experience,, twists and turns, Rudy gets some intense life lessons. Also best action yet.

But, now my major question,, please tell me this is the peace before the storm. Tell me there are more intense shit out there, I don't mean action but yea twists and turns, tragedy, breakdowns,......more Eris, Ryugerd, and Paul yk. Tell me s1pt2 wasn't the best the show has yet to offer.......TELL ME??!!
Cuz I already got excited to read that this season will have some great final eps......🤩

lmao, the whole of season one doesn't even make it into top 5 volumes.

imo

- vol 15
- vol 12
- vol 23
- vol 25 & 26 (final 2 chapters)
- vol 16 & 17 (cuz it's the same arc)
Apr 26, 11:30 AM
Apr 2024
I was doing this (waiting the good part), but the more I read from other people about the LN (not the blind lovers). I just think the bad doesn't make up for the good. I did stand some cringe/creepy shit because the rest was good. But the cringe went up and the good went down. Maybe it gets a lot better, but I won't be here to see it (Isn't worth it, imo).
Apr 26, 11:41 AM

Oct 2020
Reply to R0r5ch4ch
Anayan_Kashyap said:

imo

- vol 15
- vol 12
- vol 23
@R0r5ch4ch that's so unbelievable, cuz in s1pt2 they dropped literal dope eps one after another. I thought that was the peak.
Moreover I heard this season will adapt volume 12 as well.
So it means starting this season for the upcomming 2 seasons we'll get some intense shit.

At least I can't rest now.(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Apr 26, 11:41 AM
Dec 2023
xqXpx said:
I was doing this (waiting the good part), but the more I read from other people about the LN (not the blind lovers). I just think the bad doesn't make up for the good. I did stand some cringe/creepy shit because the rest was good. But the cringe went up and the good went down. Maybe it gets a lot better, but I won't be here to see it (Isn't worth it, imo).

And I respect you for your decision.
Rudeus by far isn't the most fucked up character in the story (those who read redundancy know what I'm talking about). If you have a problem with his behaviour now and don't wish to continue, no one's stopping you.
Apr 26, 12:16 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to xqXpx
@xqXpx What exactly did these people say about LN?
Apr 26, 12:49 PM
Aug 2023
R0r5ch4ch said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

imo

- vol 15
- vol 12
- vol 23

I wasn’t a huge fan off the end of the series (past volume 19 starting with the religion stuff with his mom but I don’t dislike it just not my thing) but I completely agree that my three favorite novels and the ones I’ve reread the most would be 12, 15, and 17. So this season and a hopeful next season is literally going to be the best part of the whole story. I really hope we get it.
Apr 26, 12:51 PM
May 2022
Haven’t read the LN but people are incredibly impatient these days. It’s been slow burn since the beginning, don’t know why it’s only now a problem. I get the demon continent stuff was more exciting but it’s not what I come to the anime for. You would think with recent slow anime like Frieren and Apothecary Diaries would ease this sort of criticism but it really hasn’t.
Apr 26, 12:53 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Huntee1999
Haven’t read the LN but people are incredibly impatient these days. It’s been slow burn since the beginning, don’t know why it’s only now a problem. I get the demon continent stuff was more exciting but it’s not what I come to the anime for. You would think with recent slow anime like Frieren and Apothecary Diaries would ease this sort of criticism but it really hasn’t.
@Huntee1999
Because those stories were better to the public in general, is not about pacing is about the story
Apr 26, 1:26 PM
Apr 2021
Huntee1999 said:

I still remember the criticisms that were made about Frieren, a lot of people even dropped the anime at the beginning because of Frieren's personality or because it was slow, but then they came back when everyone started talking about the anime, the same thing will happen here.
Apr 26, 1:40 PM
Jun 2023
I loved season 1 ,it's one of my favourite animes ,, but season 2 disappointed me,,, even tho they dedicated whole season 2 core 1 on Rudy character development,, they only coverd his pp problem,, my problem was it's fine to do that but just don't waste 12 + episodes on only one thing and at that it's disgusting to watch,,, overall it's over ,,, for me season 2 core 1 was 6/10,,, and core 2 until now is pretty decent,, i actually like slice of life or romance in action/ advance ,animes/ manhwa,,,

season 2 core 2 is great for me because Rudys had taken big steps in his life,,,( marriage part).... the thing is I just don't want to see core 1 ( season 2 ) shit again.......if he had a solid reason then I am ok but just don't drag it to another 12 + eps and say it's character development,,, it's kind of annoying to listen everyone say that....

for example for me , character development should be like , dangers in my heart anime,, where it feels refreshing, and really covers problems,,and doesn't feel boring to watch....that's all I want.

and about action,, it is good to see action sometimes but no one actually complains about action,,, it's just that it's hard to watch Rudys annoying face for 12+ eps on the name of character development.....

for me season 2 core 1 should have been like core 2 ,,, or they should have minimized the no of episodes....that's all.
Apr 26, 1:45 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to _otaku_man00
I loved season 1 ,it's one of my favourite animes ,, but season 2 disappointed me,,, even tho they dedicated whole season 2 core 1 on Rudy character development,, they only coverd his pp problem,, my problem was it's fine to do that but just don't waste 12 + episodes on only one thing and at that it's disgusting to watch,,, overall it's over ,,, for me season 2 core 1 was 6/10,,, and core 2 until now is pretty decent,, i actually like slice of life or romance in action/ advance ,animes/ manhwa,,,

season 2 core 2 is great for me because Rudys had taken big steps in his life,,,( marriage part).... the thing is I just don't want to see core 1 ( season 2 ) shit again.......if he had a solid reason then I am ok but just don't drag it to another 12 + eps and say it's character development,,, it's kind of annoying to listen everyone say that....

for example for me , character development should be like , dangers in my heart anime,, where it feels refreshing, and really covers problems,,and doesn't feel boring to watch....that's all I want.

and about action,, it is good to see action sometimes but no one actually complains about action,,, it's just that it's hard to watch Rudys annoying face for 12+ eps on the name of character development.....

for me season 2 core 1 should have been like core 2 ,,, or they should have minimized the no of episodes....that's all.
@_otaku_man00 ask and you shall receive.
Apr 26, 2:20 PM

Oct 2021
S2 part 2 is my second fav season as a anime only watcher. Only S1 part 1 was better.

I must be one of the few that does enjoy the slice of life part more than the action
Apr 26, 2:50 PM
Feb 2021
For me every single episode has been great, all seasons. The only valid criticism I recognise is the age thing which is a tough one but it is what it is. But only the blind can't see this series oozes class. It is true confidence to tell this story exactly the way you want and not give a shit what anyone thinks because you know it is great.
Apr 26, 5:24 PM
Jul 2021
R0r5ch4ch said:
Alright listen,

the controversy

season 2

Ok whatever you say (we will see if it lives up to what you said)
Apr 26, 10:49 PM

Oct 2015
R0r5ch4ch said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

imo

- vol 15
- vol 12
- vol 23

Wow, we have the same taste.

Honourable mention to Vol 14 which sets up Vol 15.

To OP:
Every LNs will have people who like or dislike it. I know a few people who dropped it during Vol 18-21.
Don’t get distracted when MAL users criticising Mushoku Tensei, considering majority of MAL users are action maniacs.

As you mentioned, character development is what made Mushoku Tensei stands out from the XXXX number of isekai we have nowadays, there are only like 2 other isekai titles (one VN and one LN) that I have seen with the amount of character development that Mushoku Tensei has.

However, there is a risk of bad adaptation, a lot of LN get poor adaptation. I have not watched S2P2 but I felt that there are a lot of cut content in S2Pq such as Rudy’s monologue which shows his character development.
NewestPersonHereApr 27, 4:02 AM
Apr 27, 12:48 AM
Jul 2021
R0r5ch4ch said:
Alright listen,

the controversy

season 2

You spoke my mind brother
Apr 27, 1:06 AM

Aug 2018
From a Mushoku Tensei anime only watcher's perspective, thank you for your insights.
Apr 27, 1:31 AM
Jan 2022
Bro couldn't have said it any better props to you dude

More topics from this board

» Episode 18 (Cour 2 Episode 6) Preview video

animejas - 6 hours ago

4 by Ryuseishun »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5

251 by Love_And_Forward »»
3 hours ago

» Episode 18 (Cour 2 Ep 6) Preview images

MangagnaM - May 8

8 by xZabuzax »»
Yesterday, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

175 by Jinzoo_V1 »»
Yesterday, 4:15 PM

» It now get even more disappointing.

Chanki_33 - May 5

42 by dabdabgoose »»
Yesterday, 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.