Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 21, 7:27 AM
Jan 2021
i'm watching it rn and it's really good and extremely bleak, each episode makes me feel something.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 21, 7:29 AM

Feb 2020
"have you guys watched texhnolyze?"

Not yet but maybe one day I will.
Apr 21, 7:32 AM
Jul 2023
I watched it once, but I left it unfinished; I'll start again after a while.
Apr 21, 7:33 AM
Jan 2019
I did it... Like 15 years ago for the first time. Man, now I feel old.

It's extremely bleak, even painfully bleak. But in a way in which it feels realistic. A fucked up world with fucked up people beyond salvation of any kind. Is not for everyone, and is not the kind of story I can watch at any time. But I find it brave and feel nothing but respect and appreciation for this series, even if I add struggle to watch it again.
And the ending is just beautiful
Apr 21, 7:42 AM

Jun 2016
Yeah it's pretty good. Watching it feels like listening to Kid A if that makes any sense.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 21, 7:46 AM

Nov 2023
Currently in PTW but not yet. maybe one day
Apr 21, 7:47 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to Theo1899
Yeah it's pretty good. Watching it feels like listening to Kid A if that makes any sense.
@Theo1899 damn I know exactly what you mean lol, one of my favourite albums.
Apr 21, 7:49 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to Megaultrakiwi
I did it... Like 15 years ago for the first time. Man, now I feel old.

It's extremely bleak, even painfully bleak. But in a way in which it feels realistic. A fucked up world with fucked up people beyond salvation of any kind. Is not for everyone, and is not the kind of story I can watch at any time. But I find it brave and feel nothing but respect and appreciation for this series, even if I add struggle to watch it again.
And the ending is just beautiful
@Megaultrakiwi yeah it feels really similar to serial experiments lain where you need to watch it when you're in the right mood. looking forward to watching more tho
Apr 21, 7:58 AM

Jun 2019
It's been on my PTW list for several years, which some might consider odd or surprising to hear, considering the fact that three anime series which are either directly related to it (in the case of the first two) or supposedly linked in some of the subject matter and heavy atmospheric and experimental style and approach (the latter) - Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, and Ergo Proxy, are all in my all-time Top 10 and some of my few 9/10 and 10/10-tier anime.
Apr 21, 8:18 AM

Aug 2018
No, I haven't watched it, and I'm not planning to anytime soon.
Apr 21, 8:30 AM

Jan 2023
Have heard good things about it but not on my PTW and Idk when I’ll get to it.
Apr 21, 8:46 AM
Aug 2008
Yeah, I really enjoyed it. The first episode was one of the best first episodes I've seen in an anime. I wanted to put it in my favorites but I didn't know what to kick out for it.
Apr 21, 8:48 AM

Dec 2022
I have. Mad punching demon Ichise is one of the most hilarious protagonists out there.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 21, 8:51 AM
Walpurgis

May 2023
yes, I liked it. I love Konaka and ABe
Apr 21, 9:34 AM

Feb 2016
I tried an episode because I'm a fan of the artist. It turns out it's exactly the sort of show that doesn't interest me.
その目だれの目?
Apr 21, 9:38 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to WatchTillTandava
It's been on my PTW list for several years, which some might consider odd or surprising to hear, considering the fact that three anime series which are either directly related to it (in the case of the first two) or supposedly linked in some of the subject matter and heavy atmospheric and experimental style and approach (the latter) - Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, and Ergo Proxy, are all in my all-time Top 10 and some of my few 9/10 and 10/10-tier anime.
@WatchTillTandava
The only thing Haibane Renmei and Texhnolyze have in common is the character designer. Texhnolyze is more like Lain, as they share both writer and character designer.
その目だれの目?
Apr 21, 9:39 AM
Jan 2024
Nope, and I got no motivation to ever do so.
Apr 21, 9:53 AM

Jun 2019
Lucifrost said:
The only thing Haibane Renmei and Texhnolyze have in common is the character designer. Texhnolyze is more like Lain, as they share both writer and character designer.

Yeah, I just meant ABe as the character designer. But interestingly, even though the writing is different, these are often included alongside each other in discussions about series with commonalities or placed as recommendations for one another. With SEL the connection is more direct and the premise and plot itself obviously more linked, so it's often included in a cyberpunk trio alongside Texhnolyze and Ergo Proxy (which doesn't share the same creative origin as the other two).

With Haibane Renmei it's probably just because of the character designs, but an even earlier ABe series like NieA under 7, usually isn't included so it has to be for some other reason. NieA is probably just even more obscure by now than the others, including Haibane Renmei, so it could just be lack of knowledge/awareness, but I think Haibane is often grouped together with these other works because it's still slower-paced, contemplative, and concerned with the topic of existence. NieA actually is too, just arguably not to the same extent, more comedic, and again, lesser-known.
WatchTillTandavaApr 21, 9:57 AM
Apr 21, 9:57 AM

Feb 2017
Yoshii episodes are best part of the Anime
The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.
Apr 21, 11:08 AM

Aug 2016
watched some of it. prefer GiTS95 and Policenauts
:v
Apr 21, 11:16 AM

Jun 2011
Yes, but only once. Do want to revisit it one day to get a better understanding of the show, but not in the near future. I thought it would be boring because it looked bland and it moved slow, but it was really atmospheric and interesting. It was a well made show.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 21, 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
It's fantastic. Has one of the most immersive settings and impressive art direction in anime. Really due for a rewatch.
Take care of yourself

Apr 21, 11:57 AM

Apr 2019
brainburger said:
it's really good and extremely bleak

Similarily bleak: Gilgamesh (2003), Casshern Sins (2008)

Nothing with this OP can be bad. https://youtu.be/u3SzOzm8lmo

Apr 21, 11:59 AM

Aug 2020
Yeah. Really pretentious, the way I like my anime

Apr 21, 12:04 PM

May 2018
Yes I did.
But have y'all guys watched Gang-aji Ttong?

Apr 21, 12:07 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I could only stand two episodes before dropping it. Maybe it's not for everyone, I know some people that really liked it.

On the other hand, I still listen to the opening pretty often. Even when I'm not into trance music, it's the best trance song I've ever heard. I didn't know it was made by Juno Reactor, who also made the Matrix OST, which I also love.
TitanOfPlasmaApr 21, 12:10 PM
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Apr 21, 12:11 PM

Apr 2020
doessnt look like something i'd enjoy. kind of tired of watching shows that don't care about whether their audience is even entertained by their bleakness
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2:28 AM

May 2018
"have you guys watched texhnolyze?"

Naaah, sounds like one of those "lets push your emotion buttons, just for the sake of it" titles. I don't need that.
Apr 22, 6:25 AM

Aug 2020
Yes i have. It was better upon rewatch but still not that good.
Apr 22, 7:36 AM

Dec 2021
As well as being a thought-provoking dystopian sci-fi anime, I always thought Texhnolyze worked well as a political thriller too (which is a bit of a rare genre in anime). I forgot if I gave it a 9 or a 10.
SaiteiDaOretteApr 22, 7:39 AM
Apr 22, 7:46 AM

Sep 2008
the first few episodes are cool, then you get to suffer through 20 episodes of unrelated gang wars before the final arc with the actual cyberpunk stuff happens.
berserk and gungrave are the same way. false advertisement. it was extremely boring.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Apr 22, 7:56 AM

Jun 2019
SaiteiDaOrette said:
As well as being a thought-provoking dystopian sci-fi anime, I always thought Texhnolyze worked well as a political thriller too (which is a bit of a rare genre in anime). I forgot if I gave it a 9 or a 10.

That's a large part of the successful formula behind what makes Higurashi season two so powerful and exciting in a refreshing way as well (also serving as a political thriller).

One more reason to eventually watch this.

Apr 22, 8:02 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to SaiteiDaOrette
@SaiteiDaOrette i see, I'm a big fan of mafia and political drama which is why I loved 91 days
Apr 22, 8:10 AM
Feb 2022
No, but is on my plan to watch..............
Apr 22, 2:42 PM

Mar 2024
Yes, nihilistic program for nihilistic teens, just not my cup of tea.
ラーメン食いに行こうぜ~
Apr 22, 11:08 PM

Apr 2019
Reply to Sorachin
Yes, nihilistic program for nihilistic teens, just not my cup of tea.
@Sorachin I'm a nihilistic adult and I've enjoyed it too.

Apr 24, 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
I saw it years ago but despite being a very bleak and grim series, I did like it. Not exactly the kind of series I'm craving to rewatch again like Serial Experiments Lain but it was a good one and for someone who was going through a lot, found it to be something I could immerse myself into.
Apr 26, 4:44 AM

Apr 2024
Watched at a time where it was very inappropriate for my age but I vividly remember loving it. I plan on doing a rewatch soon. I highly recommend people who haven't watched it to give it a chance.
Apr 26, 7:03 PM

Feb 2014
Yes, it was the only 2deep4you Animu that I knew I would love once I watched it and that's exactly what happened.
Apr 26, 8:57 PM
May 2012
I saw it many years ago because I really liked Lain and Haibane Renmei but I didn't like this one, it reminded me of Tetsuo.
Ran is my favorite character in the anime and I was very sad about what happened.
Apr 26, 9:05 PM

Dec 2012
Yes, it's decent but not really my thing overall. Too depressing for my taste.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 27, 5:36 AM

Aug 2020
I've seen it. I found it to be underwhelming. It tries to be bleak and that's exactly what it is.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Apr 27, 5:47 AM

Aug 2020
Ohhhh how I miss you Texhnolyzzzzzzzzz

Apr 27, 6:04 AM

Aug 2022
I watched it on TV because my computer that I did gaming work on was down.
Soldier F is Lance Corporal David James Cleary
Apr 27, 8:07 AM

May 2021
Yeah, one of my favorites. Can't wait to finally re-watch it fully after I'm done properly revising scores for some of my lower-rated entries.

KitsuFrost said:
Texhnolyzzzzzzzzz

Lol
Apr 28, 1:43 AM

Jul 2016
Something thats been in my PTW for eons now... ^^"
Apr 28, 2:00 AM

Feb 2019
I have seen it due to it being produced by the same folks who made Serial Experiments Lain & Haibane Rename. It's good but very depressing & bleak. It had great atmosphere, amazing soundtrack & banger Opening & especially ending songs. Although it's my least favourite ABe anime it was still an interesting experience.
Apr 30, 8:47 AM
Jan 2021
just finished it. my chest is fucking hurting.
Apr 30, 10:01 AM

Jun 2016
Has anyone really ever watched Texhnolyze. It's good, but it's so heavy that our modern society won't let us commit to 24 episodes of it.

I watched the first episode and digged the vibes. It's been on my on-hold list ever since.
Apr 30, 10:12 AM
Nov 2022
Plan on watching eventually - The psychological theme is one of my favourites.
Seb87May 6, 10:30 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Lifespan of an Anime fan?

Ex-Aid - 19 minutes ago

3 by Serafos »»
2 minutes ago

» Going through shows you saw a decade ago, have they fell off?

Dragevard - 11 hours ago

23 by APolygons2 »»
16 minutes ago

» Your Favourite Anime Quotes!

on-luffy - Dec 2, 2023

40 by APolygons2 »»
18 minutes ago

» Anime that made you feel emotional

ST63LTH - 4 hours ago

10 by APolygons2 »»
25 minutes ago

» What's the most disturbing/scary hentai you've seen? ( 1 2 )

Mini_usagi - May 20, 2020

76 by Ex-Aid »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.