Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 6:12 AM

Jan 2018
They showed 8 new characters. The eyepatch guy appeared again and told the girl with the sword to relay the message of the mission to others.
Apr 20, 6:32 AM
May 2023
The next new chapter comes out in 4 days for me
Apr 23, 3:20 PM
Oct 2020
NO I NEED MORE! Also Frieren taking advantage to buy more magic items lol. Sense using her hair was punches was cute as well. We get introduced to many new shadow warriors.
Apr 23, 4:40 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
good chapter.

while we got the gang patrolling, we also get a look at all the other players who'll be a part of this whole thing. very exciting stuff!
Apr 23, 4:46 PM

Dec 2022
nice, now this is a suitable arc-kickoff chapter. some Flamme insight, a bit more insight into Frieren & Serie’s outlook at the state of the world, lots of character intros and tension building
and of course, you can’t outsmart Frieren
Apr 23, 6:02 PM

Mar 2016
Sense is so cute.🥰
Apr 23, 6:21 PM

Jun 2021
Sense shadow boxing is way too cute. And of course Frieren buying all those magical items is crucial for the plan.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Apr 23, 6:58 PM

Apr 2022
a lot of new characters. schritt, wolf and sister lore go crazy.
Apr 24, 4:10 AM

Nov 2020
This organization is interesting, like the Akatsuki there are pairings, a drunkard and a bartender, a nun and a priest, etc.
Apr 25, 3:04 PM

Oct 2017
Battle royale coming or what.
Apr 26, 7:51 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Ryuseishun
Sense is so cute.🥰
@Ryuseishun Yep Our sense is always ready to throw her hairs and kick some ass ✨
Apr 27, 5:21 PM

Dec 2021
Lowe serves as the governor-general of the Empire's northernmost region. Wirbel notes that this area faces severe demon attacks. I can't help but wonder if there's a connection between these two facts.

If the Empire is as powerful as it seems, with assassin-mages in their ranks, why didn't they handle the demon lord themselves instead of depending on Himmel and his party?

Apr 28, 4:25 AM

Nov 2013
These Empire chapters are making me really stressed. Someone's gonna die, I have a feeling.

Wonder who the shadows are tasked to assassinate. It's highly likely to be Frieren, but it may be Fern too, or both. I worry for Serie too. Logically someone like her shouldn't die. She knows nearly every magic there is, and she conceals her mana (even though it's considered disgraceful), so doing something as "shameful" as using a substitute-clone of herself shouldn't be a problem.

Imperials aren't stupid though. They must have prepared some kind of weapon/spell that has high chance of killing Serie. They shouldn't be underestimated. Yet, I still believe it will be extremely anticlimactic if Serie gets killed in this arc. It would make more sense if she fakes getting killed (clone dies) perhaps. She can always go into hiding and re-emerge after 1000 years after all, if she feels she's truly in danger.
Apr 28, 4:44 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to IzanaSolos
Lowe serves as the governor-general of the Empire's northernmost region. Wirbel notes that this area faces severe demon attacks. I can't help but wonder if there's a connection between these two facts.

If the Empire is as powerful as it seems, with assassin-mages in their ranks, why didn't they handle the demon lord themselves instead of depending on Himmel and his party?
IzanaSolos said:
In earlier chapters, when we saw Flamme flashbacks (when she became a founder of magic for humans), the Empire was massive! Now they're just a tiny nation in the North. I suppose Demon Lord was too powerful opponent even for them. Not to mention, demons were very active back then so the Empire was likely weakened and exhausted simply defending itself. Sages of destruction are OP too. Macht was pretty broken. Solitar gave Frieren hard time too. My point is, Empire can't deal with every demon and even their powerful mages were still no challenge for some demons. As we know, Empire's remaining border is secure with a massive, powerful barrier (Which isn't impregnable. If I remember correctly, Macht said he and Solitar could penetrate it after 3 days). Empire likely has its hands full already. It has shrunk and may have become too paranoid or fanatical or may be focusing on preserving what's left. Can't blame'em. They're ancient, they deal with extremely harsh environment and powerful enemies. They're basically fighting for survival. In other words, I think the Empire was too weakened to deal with the Demon Lord so they were more than glad to let Himmel and his party handle him.
Apr 28, 5:42 AM

Jan 2009
lots of new characters
Apr 28, 6:31 AM

Jun 2017
I have a feeling that this arc is gonna be something else. Lot of potential.
May 17, 10:24 AM

May 2020
This could become the longest arc we've seen in this series yet. I mean they've kind of introduced over a whole dozen of characters at this point lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 130 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 3

14 by Danpmss »»
May 22, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 37 Discussion

orangeskull - Feb 9, 2021

13 by marquinti2 »»
May 21, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 36 Discussion

orangeskull - Feb 2, 2021

7 by marquinti2 »»
May 21, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 35 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2021

14 by marquinti2 »»
May 21, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 34 Discussion

orangeskull - Jan 19, 2021

8 by marquinti2 »»
May 21, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.