Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like Tatsuya wants to make a point about what his school is really teaching. They conduct an experiment to prove a point and it seems Tatsuya wanted to dispel the idea that the school teaches military education.

Kinda expected of him since he fights for what he believes in.

Oh and Miyuki got dressed up this episode for...Tatsuya.

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 2022
Tatsuya teaching military tactics is a very good idea.
Miyuki dressed up for him with bottles of wine on his birthday cute!!

Ricky16Apr 19, 8:48 AM
Apr 19, 8:02 AM

Dec 2021
It's Tatsuya's birthday!

They skipped everything regarding Tatsuya's birthday... lol no surprise there when you have two other arcs to adapt. The main gist of the stuff they skipped though was that Minami had been getting ready for Tatsuya's birthday, while Miyuki kept him occupied until everything was prepared. Tatsuya unwraps his gift from Honoka in his room, discovering an expensive pocket watch with the Kitayama emblem on it. Later, Miyuki dresses up and enters Tatsuya's room with wine so they can celebrate his birthday together. She presents him with her gift, a locket pendant containing her picture inside.

Later, information came in that Humanists Anti-Magician member, Congressman Kanda, accompanied by the media, will be visiting First High School for inspection. It's said that if there's even a slight military-related aspect, they'll make a big fuss in the media, claiming that Magic High Schools have become a military education facility. When the day came that Congressman Kanda payed a visit, things escalate, and Tatsuya's experiment proves successful, earning Tsuzura Kazuo a compliment from Congressman Kanda, putting him in his place.

And that's a wrap for the first rushed arc of the season... onto the next, the Steeplechase arc
IzanaSolosApr 19, 4:59 PM

Apr 19, 8:22 AM

Nov 2010
I wondered why the hostile boy looked at the experiment with such a stern face, and I noticed that 3rd season has subtitle "double 7s" as one of pictures in MAL shows. Probably, "double 7s" means (the two girls who joined the experiment or) the girls and the boy who have the '7' in their family names.
Apr 19, 9:41 AM

Feb 2021
What's up with these parts at the beginning of every episode? Was it separated like that in the LN too? (like, a snippet of it at the start of every chapter or something). Interesting.
I'm loving this OP more and more the more I listen to it. DAKARA HASHITTE IKERU NOZONDE IKERU
April 24th 2096 is in fact a Tuesday, nice.
Holy crap, is this the first time we see an actual teacher from this school lmao. I'm probably forgetting someone tho.
Omg more school staff, we're finally seeing them.
Okay this was badass. Fuck you Kanda XD. I thought Shippou would definitely do something, thankfully he didn't.
Oh yeah, I'm still wondering why Stars were so focused on Tatsuya in season 2. How did they even know that he caused the explosion?
So I guess this is the end of this arc. I enjoyed it! Btw why is it called Double Seven?
Apr 19, 10:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The surgical strike on the alliance's naval base was always gonna cause problems despite it being perfectly justified. An application of one of the three great puzzles of the magic world to show to the anti magic polic was a pretty interesting idea. The experiement itself was pretty well done and required quite the teamwork as well. But im glad it was a success. The reactions of the journalists to their questions not yielding the answers they wanted was just priceless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 10:17 AM

May 2020
That Shippou kid annoys me. Also just realized after two seasons that Yotsuba Maya is voiced by Saitou Chiwa.
Apr 19, 11:07 AM
Nov 2015
I like how much pressure is Yotsuba Mayas screen present emitting. Maybe it's her superb voice acting or something.
Apr 19, 11:16 AM

May 2021
angelina is here woohoo!!! shippou's kid is so edgy and corny lmao.
anyways damn...

Apr 19, 11:35 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Solid episode i guess? Maybe we get some drama in the next one.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

Dec 2020
ryoko6 said:
angelina is here woohoo!!! shippou's kid is so edgy and corny lmao.
anyways damn...

Maya mommy material
Apr 19, 12:48 PM

Dec 2020
IzanaSolos said:
It's Tatsuya's birthday!

Minami had been getting ready for Tatsuya's birthday, while Miyuki kept him occupied until everything was prepared. Tatsuya unwraps his gift from Honoka in his room, discovering an expensive pocket watch with the Kitayama emblem on it. Later, Miyuki dresses up and enters Tatsuya's room with wine so they can celebrate his birthday together. She presents him with her gift, a locket pendant containing her picture inside.

Later, information came in that Humanists Anti-Magician member, Congressman Kanda, accompanied by the media, will be visiting First High School for inspection. It's said that if there's even a slight military-related aspect, they'll make a big fuss in the media, claiming that Magic High Schools have become a military education facility. When the day came that Congressman Kanda payed a visit, things escalate, and Tatsuya's experiment proves successful, earning Tsuzura Kazuo a compliment from Congressman Kanda, putting him in his place.

Finally, onto the main event of the Double Seven Arc: Tomitsuka's fights.

Wait...what?
Are these from ln skipped in anime!?
Apr 19, 2:01 PM

Sep 2014
I love how absolutely insane the magic on a technical level is in this show.

And still you can make a fusion reactor but Miyuki dolling up to celebrate her brothers birthday steals the show.

PS: I want to call Maya Mommy too.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 19, 2:15 PM

May 2021
This was a great episode. I really the quality continues like this. Currently the biggest problem is Shippou Takuma. He is simply insufferable and contributes nothing to the scenario other than keep acting like a bitch.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Apr 19, 3:13 PM

Sep 2018
A much better episode than last weeks, thankfully no Junichi Takaoka this time around to fuck things up.
Apr 19, 3:49 PM
Mar 2023
Nice Episode. Might need to read the light novel again I left is right before this arc started and I am intrigued on what would be missing from this 3 episodes so far.
Apr 19, 4:00 PM
Apr 2013
EP 3

So yeah a third really boring ep in a row. why am i still watching this
Next episode though i have no idea whats gonna happen. it says its still double seven though i guess.

Like really if you ask anybody what on earth happened in these 3 eps I dont even.
Apr 19, 4:55 PM

Mar 2013
Dunno what I just watched but that new character is annoyingly a prideful war freak.

They somehow finished an experiment and it was successful, and the angry mobs is more angrier. 🤣🤣🤣

P.S. A video message from a tsundere? lol
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 19, 9:20 PM

Feb 2019
Another amazing episode. Worldbuilding and technical magical analysis has always been great in this series, but it’s been even better in this season. I loved the student science project, seeing all the various types of magic come together and getting detailed explanations on how they work was so cool.

Some more political manoeuvring going on behind the scenes.. only a matter of time before governments learn the true behind scorched Halloween.. and Takuma still having a breakdown about the Saegusa family. Bro has to let it go, his own father isn’t even this upset. His insecurities will be his downfall. It was cool at first but now his scenes just grate on me.

Omg omg Miyuki dress for Tatsuya birthday is amazing! She looks so gorgeous, even the normally composed Tatsuya got quiet and stuttered a little when he opened the door lmao. Don’t blame him at all, she’s glowing.

Tatsuya defying Maya request to drop out was definitely a sight to behold. Her magic seems so terrifying. Anyone other than Tatsuya would’ve been completely at her mercy in that situation, even with her holding back. She’s such a frightening(but hot) figure.

LINA BACK LETS GOOO
Marinate1016Apr 19, 9:25 PM
Apr 19, 9:59 PM

Feb 2019
Of course Tatsuya has a countermeasure to stop that Kanda person from causing them any trouble. That Shippou kid needs to cool his jets; he is so gung-ho on putting one over the Saegusas that he is becoming narrow-minded.
Apr 19, 10:36 PM

Mar 2007
What in the world kind of supplements is the auntie taking? Her boobs are like taking over the show! She even tried to separate Tatsuya from his sister, but oh no, that ain't happening!

The school experiment is kind of big, normally they should be doing a more controlled, smaller experiment, with cameras not a live audience. I wonder if all that was on purpose, because it wasn't exactly safe, safety wise.

Then his sister shows up dressed to kill. Oh boy, the look in his eyes was pure male appreciation, not brotherly at all ...

I'm not really into the incest plot line, everything else has been good so far though.
Apr 20, 12:25 AM
Apr 2023
I watched a handful of animes where Hikasa Youko voiced teenage girl characters before, but with her recent roles, I am still caught off guard at how seamlessly she voiced Angelina (Kudou Shields). You wouldn't even know she is the voice actress unless you read the cast of actors involved.

Anyway, you can say their experiment is like forming their own star which can be turned on and off and be made big or small, without a need for violent reactions. I remember reading and watching documentaries by Stephen Hawking when I saw this mumbo jumbo they did back there.
Apr 20, 12:27 AM

Nov 2010
Embient said:
Btw why is it called Double Seven?
Probably, you are the only one who is interested in the explanation, so I use spoiler.

Apr 20, 1:02 AM

Nov 2014
The crowd looks like Koikatsu avatars.
Why is Takuma like that? I don't usually pay attention to voice actors, but his voice just sounds so off and annoying. Coupled with his behavior, and now I have a character I want to murder since the time I saw him. Also, why did Tatsuya looked at Miyuki like that? Was there really a need to put his hands on her waist whilst she entered his room?
mizukasaApr 20, 1:20 AM
Apr 20, 3:08 AM

Feb 2014
It was a good thing that Tatsuya and the others were able to put on an experiment of that level in a way to deter the visiting diet politician and his "loyal" reporters about anything suspicious was going on. Seeing their dissatisfied faces after not getting what they wanted always makes me laugh. XD

Also, it was his birthday as well, so not only does he get a cute video message from Angelina, but Miyuki greeted him while wearing a stunning pure white dress. Most guys his age would go weak in the knees upon seeing Miyuki in that outfit!

Still, the flashback segments we say were interesting. Maya was serious in her request for Tatsuya to drop out of school, but he outright refused. Even her magic attack on him, although she did hold back, didn't faze him as he deflected it. I can only applaud his bravery here as he did the right thing.
Apr 20, 3:26 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to kuroneko99
Embient said:
Btw why is it called Double Seven?
Probably, you are the only one who is interested in the explanation, so I use spoiler.

@kuroneko99
Idk why you'd use a spoiler tag, but okay.
Apr 20, 3:43 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to IzanaSolos
It's Tatsuya's birthday!

They skipped everything regarding Tatsuya's birthday... lol no surprise there when you have two other arcs to adapt. The main gist of the stuff they skipped though was that Minami had been getting ready for Tatsuya's birthday, while Miyuki kept him occupied until everything was prepared. Tatsuya unwraps his gift from Honoka in his room, discovering an expensive pocket watch with the Kitayama emblem on it. Later, Miyuki dresses up and enters Tatsuya's room with wine so they can celebrate his birthday together. She presents him with her gift, a locket pendant containing her picture inside.

And that's a wrap for the first rushed arc of the season... onto the next, the Steeplechase arc
@IzanaSolos
it's already confirmed that double seven arcs is 4 eps, steeplechase arc is 4 eps, and ancient city insurrection arc is 5 eps
Apr 20, 4:09 AM

Feb 2012
Reply to Embient
What's up with these parts at the beginning of every episode? Was it separated like that in the LN too? (like, a snippet of it at the start of every chapter or something). Interesting.
I'm loving this OP more and more the more I listen to it. DAKARA HASHITTE IKERU NOZONDE IKERU
April 24th 2096 is in fact a Tuesday, nice.
Holy crap, is this the first time we see an actual teacher from this school lmao. I'm probably forgetting someone tho.
Omg more school staff, we're finally seeing them.
Okay this was badass. Fuck you Kanda XD. I thought Shippou would definitely do something, thankfully he didn't.
Oh yeah, I'm still wondering why Stars were so focused on Tatsuya in season 2. How did they even know that he caused the explosion?
So I guess this is the end of this arc. I enjoyed it! Btw why is it called Double Seven?
@Embient
"What's up with these parts at the beginning of every episode? Was it separated like that in the LN too? (like, a snippet of it at the start of every chapter or something). Interesting."

I too have come to confirm this if it was the same in the novel.
I had read the novel almost a decade ago but if I remember, the meeting was concluded in a single chapter not like this. perhaps I'm wrong...I hope it does not go on like this till the season ends.

Edit:

I should have completed the whole episode before writing ...what I wrote above. 😓 It seems the meeting is already over and we won't be seeing the butchered scenes of this epic showdown as I imagined before.
IFA1Apr 20, 4:40 AM
Apr 20, 5:26 AM
May 2022
Well, for this episode I had a little expectation.
dismissing and providing a positive activity for parliament is a good solution to be proposed for them.
My mind drifts to how the future will be this season, hoping that in the future I can feel the same experience as the previous season how enough can amaze me.

Then, the scene of tatsuya getting a birthday surprise, then miyuki who came with the suit, became a sweetener in this episode, hahaha...........

double seven arc, I look forward to the peak/climax of this arc.

Apr 20, 5:38 AM
Aug 2017
If I remember correctly, the experiment in this episode is a much more big deal in the LN. It's something Tatsuya has been working on for months, years even, and he "gave up" a big part of his creator/conceptor rights doing it with the magic highschool like that.
It's a bit similar to the magic formula he created in s1 and refused to be named as the creator.
Apr 20, 5:55 AM

Jun 2016
omg miyuki auntie want tatsuya so badly !!
Apr 20, 7:53 AM

Oct 2017
Experiment was a success. Miyuki looked beautiful dressed up. Good to see Maya, she's hot and looks like a grown up milf version of Miyuki. Except the oppais ig? Unless intime?

Btw the animation this season is quite lacking. I think even previous season was better by comparison. They are even using cg for some scenes. Hope they'll atleast do a decent job when the action starts.
Apr 20, 9:50 AM
Aug 2023
Hell yeah, finally we can see Maya Magic, its really Beam of Light and we can see it Animated. they all cook with presentation Stellar furnace and i want them cook more.
Apr 20, 11:50 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi and sister against the world he won't back down even against orders
Apr 20, 12:48 PM

Feb 2019
My fav Sci-fi of all time ♥ please, never stop being perfection
Apr 20, 4:06 PM

May 2021
Fantastic episode, I was thrilled the whole time. I still can't get over how we are watching another season of Mahouka, I absolutely love this series.

The ED this week hit so good, immediately added to the playlist. Of course the OP from LiSA is a hit as well, the music for this show is awesome. Even the backtracks are great!

Tatsuya and Maya having the wild west stare down in the flashback was crazy. I love the energy that scene had, Maya's tone switch when she was "asking" Tatsuya to leave the academy got me going. Also shout out Lina for being the cutest with her happy birthday video message. Miyuki's birthday celebration was nice and classy as expected. No incest here folks move along LOL.

Even if a lot of the characters didn't have many lines it is so nice to see mostly everyone again. I love the cast of this show.
Apr 20, 5:08 PM

Dec 2018
Cool experiment, they really showed that Diet member.
Apr 20, 6:33 PM
Mar 2019
Looks like Tatsuya is trying to drive the hounds away from him. I'm not sure it'll work. I think this is the season where he actually gets to be fully revealed to the world as the monster that he is.
Apr 20, 10:25 PM
Jun 2023
please announce season 4, this anime is so good
Apr 21, 2:01 AM

Feb 2015
Miyuki in a dress literally taking Tatsuya's breath away lol

Can someone who read the LN explain what happened with Maya's magic?
Apr 21, 7:03 AM
Jun 2007
The experiment was a success. Politicians and their games, heh...
Apr 21, 10:28 AM
May 2018
A cliché with no creativity in storytelling
Apr 23, 11:48 AM
May 2018
Does Shippou ever get better

Maya's magic looked really cool
Apr 25, 7:56 AM
Jan 2018
Hopefully I’m not the only one who thinks this way but man Miyuki looked good in that dress!
Apr 28, 3:52 AM

Apr 2019
family always comes first, time for some alone time with Miyuki for his birthday, anyways his life is full of challenges since he was born that even he has to follow order from the head of their family which are the Yotsuba. I know incest will make its way into the series eventually.
May 9, 12:28 PM

May 2020
They are minors, but they're drinking champagne. Where's the anime logic when they'd pretend they're minors?

Also, the school must be something to have their infrastructure on equal footings with a space agency lol.

More topics from this board

» #fyi

mufarari - May 17

2 by Comander-07 »»
May 19, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17

33 by Comander-07 »»
May 19, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10

28 by Comander-07 »»
May 19, 2:53 PM

» 6 Volumes in 13 episodes

Ronninn - Apr 11

4 by Alexioos95 »»
May 17, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3

38 by Comander-07 »»
May 17, 3:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.