Forum Settings
Forums

TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

New
Apr 19, 6:29 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
The winners of the Anime of the Year categories from the Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2024 (TAAF 2024) were announced on Thursday. A panel of judges selected the winners from a pool of titles that either screened, aired, or were distributed in Japan between October 1, 2022 and September 30, 2023, with 100 titles (80 television anime and 20 theatrical anime) ultimately in the running for the Anime of the Year awards.

Grand Prize
The First Slam Dunk (Feature Film)
"Oshi no Ko" (Television Series)

Anime Fan Award
IDOLiSH7 Movie: LIVE 4bit - BEYOND THE PERiOD

Individual Awards
Writers Category: Takehiko Inoue (The First Slam Dunk)
Directors Category: Takehiko Inoue (The First Slam Dunk)
Animators Category: Takeshi Honda (Kimitachi wa Dou Ikiru ka)
Visual Artists Category: Daiki Nakazawa (The First Slam Dunk)
Sound Artists/Performers Category: YOASOBI ("Oshi no Ko", Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo)

Note: The Anime Fan Award is awarded to the entry that received the most votes in the general voting. The titles listed for the individual awards are merely titles the recipient has worked on during this period; they are not the sole title the recipient won the award for.

The Tokyo Anime Award Festival is scheduled to be held in Ikebukuro, Tokyo between March 8 and 11. The event will also present additional entries from around the world for its Feature Animation Competition and Short Animation Competition categories. The former category includes 32 entries from 25 countries, while 962 entries from 68 countries were submitted for the latter. TAAF 2024 Preliminary Selection Committee selected 29 of these entries (four for Feature Animation and 29 for Short Animation) to qualify for the Grand Prize and the Award of Excellence in their respective categories, with each category awarding it to two titles.

In addition to the Anime Fan Award presented in TAAF 2024, a separate fan voting for its Everyone's Top 100 Anime of the Year category was previously held in December under similar criteria. IDOLiSH7 Movie: LIVE 4bit - BEYOND THE PERiOD was the Feature Film winner in this category, while the Television Series winner was IDOLiSH7 Third Beat!.

Source: Official Site 1, 2, 3

← Previous Year
SnowApr 20, 1:38 PM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Apr 19, 7:58 AM

Jan 2009
congrats to slam dunk it was great i just wish it focuses more on either full 3d or full 2d though because the mix of 3d and 2d are sometimes annoying
Apr 19, 12:31 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
No major surprises. But man, this reminds me. I really got to watch Slam Dunk, yikes.

IDOLiSH7, too? Don't think that's really my thing though, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 19, 1:05 PM

Dec 2018
Congrats to Slam Dunk! The staff who worked on the movie deserved some recognition for their efforts.
Apr 19, 8:15 PM

Aug 2016
imagine rewarding Inoue for ruining with CGI what´s easily the most epic arc in history of shonen.
:v
Apr 20, 8:06 AM

Aug 2015
takehiko and slam dunk winning everything for 1.5 years now. my guy gets irritated how he has to follow up the movie
Apr 20, 10:05 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to _MushiRock11_
No major surprises. But man, this reminds me. I really got to watch Slam Dunk, yikes.

IDOLiSH7, too? Don't think that's really my thing though, lol.
@_MushiRock11_ Was this movie that good? I haven't watched the anime, but I think about it from time to time.
Apr 20, 6:07 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Reply to RobertBobert
@_MushiRock11_ Was this movie that good? I haven't watched the anime, but I think about it from time to time.
@RobertBobert

Based on how well it did in Japan and Hong Kong, my place of residence currently, it seems like it! But I haven’t watched the series either, so I wouldn’t know, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 20, 7:48 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to MichaelJackson
imagine rewarding Inoue for ruining with CGI what´s easily the most epic arc in history of shonen.
@MichaelJackson its good :)
Apr 22, 1:59 PM

Mar 2015
Reply to MichaelJackson
@MichaelJackson I know right? I trusted inoue will direct an epic movie with great animation but it was so awful that I couldn't even bare to look at it.
I can't believe how he ruined it.
Apr 22, 8:38 PM

Aug 2010
Ugh, I need to watch the Slam Dunk anime and movie. The manga was so good.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
Yesterday, 10:30 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
Yesterday, 6:53 AM

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

2 by deg »»
Yesterday, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.