Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 6:12 PM

Dec 2021
After the MASSIVE success of Fall 2022's Blue Lock anime adaptation, it's no surprise that, along with a second season on the horizon, we would also get an adaptation of the spin-off featuring easily the BEST character, Nagi, in the form of a movie.

Seishirou Nagi, a second-year high school student, finds his life taking a dramatic turn upon meeting Reo Mikage. Reo, possessing charm, intellect, athleticism, and heirship to an esteemed company, harbors a singular ambition: to attain the title of world soccer champion. To realize his dream, he recruits the laid-back Nagi into his soccer club, recognizing Nagi's innate talents capable of executing awe-inspiring feats with ease. With their exceptional abilities, the duo quickly garners attention, especially through an exclusive program designed for elite attackers—the renowned Blue Lock!

I really liked learning more about Nagi and Reo's backstory, seeing how they became friends. Also, after all the intense Blue Lock episodes, it was nice to watch some simpler soccer action. Though speaking of Blue Lock episodes, this side story movie didn't feel much different from a regular Blue Lock episode, at least in terms of animation. While there were certainly some improved cuts and less CG (thankfully), it still felt like another episode of Blue Lock, just with Nagi and Reo at the forefront instead of Isagi and the others. There were some improvements, but it still felt like Blue Lock. It was cool to see Isagi too. Nagi and Reo are funny together, and it's a nice change from the main series. Nagi almost left Blue Lock, but Reo convinced him to stay. It was tough seeing them fight, but it worked out in the end. I won't spoil much, but that post-credit scene has me hyped for what's next.

As for Nissy and SKY-HI's theme song, while it is a good fit for soccer more than any other Blue Lock song thus far, it may be the weakest song to date. Nevertheless, it's still a banger.

Overall, this side story is a nice treat for anyone waiting for season two and especially for fans of BEST BOY Nagi. You'll definitely enjoy it. Season two, here we go!

Apr 19, 3:24 AM
Apr 2023
where can we watch it?
Apr 19, 3:28 AM
Oct 2021
Can we watch it in the UK or is it only available in Japan?
Apr 19, 4:53 AM
Jul 2019
IzanaSolos said:
After the MASSIVE success of Fall 2022's Blue Lock anime adaptation, it's no surprise that, along with a second season on the horizon, we would also get an adaptation of the spin-off featuring easily the BEST character, Nagi, in the form of a movie.

Seishirou Nagi, a second-year high school student, finds his life taking a dramatic turn upon meeting Reo Mikage. Reo, possessing charm, intellect, athleticism, and heirship to an esteemed company, harbors a singular ambition: to attain the title of world soccer champion. To realize his dream, he recruits the laid-back Nagi into his soccer club, recognizing Nagi's innate talents capable of executing awe-inspiring feats with ease. With their exceptional abilities, the duo quickly garners attention, especially through an exclusive program designed for elite attackers—the renowned Blue Lock!

I really liked learning more about Nagi and Reo's backstory, seeing how they became friends. Also, after all the intense Blue Lock episodes, it was nice to watch some simpler soccer action. Though speaking of Blue Lock episodes, this side story movie didn't feel much different from a regular Blue Lock episode, at least in terms of animation. While there were certainly some improved cuts and less CG (thankfully), it still felt like another episode of Blue Lock, just with Nagi and Reo at the forefront instead of Isagi and the others. There were some improvements, but it still felt like Blue Lock. It was cool to see Isagi too. Nagi and Reo are funny together, and it's a nice change from the main series. Nagi almost left Blue Lock, but Reo convinced him to stay. It was tough seeing them fight, but it worked out in the end. I won't spoil much, but that post-credit scene has me hyped for what's next.

As for Nissy and SKY-HI's theme song, while it is a good fit for soccer more than any other Blue Lock song thus far, it may be the weakest song to date. Nevertheless, it's still a banger.

Overall, this side story is a nice treat for anyone waiting for season two and especially for fans of BEST BOY Nagi. You'll definitely enjoy it. Season two, here we go!

Stop yapping without seeing the movie
Apr 19, 10:21 AM
Jan 2021
WalterBlack59 said:
IzanaSolos said:

god forbid bro starts talking about the topic of discussion
Apr 19, 11:52 AM
Jul 2019
AryaMirza said:
WalterBlack59 said:

No one has seen this shit
Apr 19, 11:58 AM
Jun 2015
what time is it coming out? its supposed to be the 19th and it's 20th in japan rn
Apr 19, 1:58 PM
Jan 2024
any places to watch (not crunchyroll)
Apr 19, 7:41 PM
Sep 2021
its coming out june 28th in usa
Apr 21, 10:31 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to IzanaSolos

@IzanaSolos so is this movie expanded backstory of Nagi? is there more content about blue lock (the location) events? anything continuing the first season?
it's been announced that this movie is being shown in my country and i kinda want to see it, but if it's a recap or something i'm not sure
Apr 23, 8:23 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Reply to WalterBlack59
AryaMirza said:
WalterBlack59 said:

No one has seen this shit
@WalterBlack59 You do realize that this movie dropped in Japan right?
Apr 23, 8:52 AM
Jul 2019
Tokoya said:

You do realize the user base is like 99% western audiences so who is he talking to. Wait for others to see it first
Apr 23, 12:56 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Reply to WalterBlack59
Tokoya said:

You do realize the user base is like 99% western audiences so who is he talking to. Wait for others to see it first
@WalterBlack59 This is 100% not true lmao You can't just start making shit up when you're wrong xD
Apr 23, 1:13 PM
Jul 2019
Tokoya said:
@WalterBlack59 This is 100% not true lmao You can't just start making shit up when you're wrong xD

Very few Japanese people on here I’m not making it up
Apr 27, 4:59 AM

Aug 2011
Saw the movie in theaters in Japan. It was pretty good.
"It departs in darkness, and in darkness its name is shrouded."
May 3, 9:27 PM

Nov 2015
The movie was pretty good and I loved the theme song "Stormy" that played in the movie. Unfortunately, the movie is partially a recap movie told in the perspective of Nagi, but that ending scene leading up to season 2 was amazing! Still, the movie was a fun experience for any Nagi and Reo fans like myself. Might watch it again when it comes out on streaming.
May 9, 12:04 PM
Mar 2024
Holy crap, the box office on this is pathetic. I thought scarlet bond was a bomb for 8 bit but this takes the cake
SpiderMiles3523May 9, 12:09 PM

More topics from this board

» Fun little fact:Blue Lock; Episode Nagi is not the first manga by Muneyuki Kaneshiro to be made into a movie.

thefrog1192 - Apr 23

3 by Memore »»
May 8, 1:10 AM

» Crunchyroll to release in North American Theaters June 28

Skyings - Apr 9

5 by BitChilly »»
Apr 26, 9:07 PM

» New Trailer

Dbagas8 - Mar 10

4 by aoo-kun »»
Mar 13, 4:14 AM

» Theme song confirmed

Dbagas8 - Feb 4

6 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 16, 1:47 PM

» New PV and release date

Dbagas8 - Nov 25, 2023

21 by MickeyMinaj »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.