Forum Settings
Forums

I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 15, 3:51 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I'd totally watch Mechadance and Pirate Precure. Pogchamps would be AOTY.

We don't talk about Bundle of Sticks 💀
Apr 15, 3:55 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to traed
@FanofAction
Is Scooby Doo even popular in Japan? I know Spongebob is and Tom & Jerry later of which did get an anime but that is all I'm aware of what their tastes are in Western animation.
@traed I mean...There's been a Lilo & Stitch anime, a Powerpuff Girls anime, and maybe the weirdest of all, an anime adaptation of the Supernatural TV series.
Apr 15, 4:03 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to FanofAction
@traed I mean...There's been a Lilo & Stitch anime, a Powerpuff Girls anime, and maybe the weirdest of all, an anime adaptation of the Supernatural TV series.
@FanofAction
I suppose so. There also is a My Little Pony manga.

Yeah the Supernatural anime being a thing I dont know why they made that and who it was made for.
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to traed
@FanofAction
I suppose so. There also is a My Little Pony manga.

Yeah the Supernatural anime being a thing I dont know why they made that and who it was made for.
Yeah, My Little Pony sounds like something Japan might like.
Apr 15, 5:09 PM

May 2018
This is straight up comedy lmao! Incest, extremely long-name ridiculous isekai, boys love, girls love, cgdct, beyblade-type, high school boy harem, mecha, game, cheesy-ass shoujo romance, end of the world monster raids... It's all here.

I might actually watch clone blue and ookami though...
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Apr 15, 5:22 PM

Oct 2020
This list is hilarious and impressive. What websites/apps did you use to create these?

Trapped in a VR MMO While Trapped in a VR MMO is the peakest peak anime, if it were real it would be the ultimate deconstruction of the "trapped in a VR" genre.

Also I read a doujin a while back that was literally "I was the mightiest hero and went to slay the demon lord but got turned into a girl". 10/10 would recommend to everyone, cute and wholesome family friendly story.
Apr 15, 5:31 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to FFandMMfan
@Dije
Oops. I didn't check to see if there were any shows that already had these names lol

@Lylaaz
Actually We Are Future was inspired by The Terminator :P

Also ehhh, I think 16 bit sensation is pretty different from Visionless.

@W3TFT
>But according to the generated description

I didn't use AI to generate the descriptions. I wrote them all myself.

>Maybe the heroine will fight the MC's harem for #1 spot?

I feel like nobody understands this one. The idea is the show would literally just be the main girl talking directly to the viewer every episode, trying to impress them and convince them to make her their waifu.

@MedK001
Yeah that's the idea behind Enpici. Everyone was reincarnated into that world and the world just causes people to mold their behavior based on whatever NPC role the world gives them. The heroine would actually notice it's happening though and try to escape it, but be constantly drawn back into it. Like for example she might be like "I have to get out of this town! Something is horribly wrong here! All I have to do is run outside of the front gate and I'll be free... but... if I don't sell my apples today, people will go hungry... I need to... go back to my stall... and sell apples...".
@FFandMMfan

1 Yeah I noticed that when I was reading the rest of the thread. Your descriptions were good! I was totally fooled at first.

2 Sounds like one of those 1st person view animes. Cool meta idea. (If I still understood it right, I was thinking more along the lines that the male MC represents the viewers. And so viewers get vicariously yelled at by this girl)
btw I was actually thinking not #1 in harem, but just shove everyone else away. I worded that poorly
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Apr 15, 5:39 PM

Aug 2018
Wow this is accurate down to having another installment of Precure, a yuri manga adaptation, isekai, idol, new bright colored shonen that'll be half hated half loved, and an anime based on a western franchise lmao
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero
Apr 15, 5:50 PM

Oct 2019
First top three of the list for sure, bro captured what most seasonal anime looks like for the most part. All that's missing is some future sequels descriptions and that's your usual anime seasonal chart.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 6:28 PM
Mar 2017
This is really good for what you could put together, really convincing.
-Vending machine police sounds like really interestingly anime silly but could be cool in it's own weird way if it were real, I've seen bed police ads (I remember the words of the ad well can't find a video for it sadly) to other stuff before

-Zelda,
-We Are Future
-Scooby Doo because I mean why not I think it'd be an interesting take (if Mass Effect, Halo anthology, Witcher, Dragon Age, Supernatural, Matrix and more can get an anime adaptation why not Scooby Doo)

-Girlfriends really boring, I mean Saekano may have had a similar title but at the same time an anime actually more about what the title means yeah I'd go for that

-VR MMO, while not into them if it actually pulled it off well then sure
-Lillies could be fair for
-Girls got that haven't got. I think could be really funny.
-Vision-less if done well
-Incubus. Could be interesting. I mean like Fudanshi anime/manga I'd go for an Incubus anime.
-Freeloaders. I mean can't be that bad the Hentai of Gyaru freeloaders was fair.
-Inside Mind fair psychological maybe for such a concept
-Tanuki could be funny if presented well
-Bro/Sis if done well.
-Clone Blue if done well.
-Tokyo Girls 1990 I mean why not something from the past then modern era. Sure it'd be a bit moeblob probably or probably fair.

I usually don't consider this many or some types of shows but am here due to what is offered here.
Apr 15, 6:50 PM
Oct 2019
Welcome to the card game club and Tokyo Girls 1990 are the best on the list.

Both are the kind of series I don't miss every week.
Apr 15, 6:58 PM
Jun 2021
Don't like ai but using it like this ain't harmful

I guess Midori looks intriguing
Apr 15, 6:58 PM

Feb 2021
i could see this list being an actual season LMAO this AI def knows whats up
Apr 15, 9:13 PM

Nov 2015
Ek... Ngl Warmth of life (lol) looks a lot like food dungeon 😄

💢

Apr 15, 9:50 PM
Jan 2009
Okay guys, you're gonna think I'm insane and have gone way too far with this whole thing.

But what if I told you that I used AI to generate OPENING AND ENDING THEMES for some of these imaginary anime?

Because I did.

Here you go.

https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/sets/ai-generated-anime-music

It's far from complete obviously, but yes, there's a bunch of completely AI generated music themed to these fake anime shows! Let me know what you think!
Apr 16, 8:04 AM
Reply to FFandMMfan
Okay guys, you're gonna think I'm insane and have gone way too far with this whole thing.

But what if I told you that I used AI to generate OPENING AND ENDING THEMES for some of these imaginary anime?

Because I did.

Here you go.

It's far from complete obviously, but yes, there's a bunch of completely AI generated music themed to these fake anime shows! Let me know what you think!
@FFandMMfan my goodness!

That’s some really nice dedication and effort

Inb4 “I used Sora to make teasers for these anime”
Apr 16, 8:12 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to FFandMMfan

Because I did.

Here you go.

@FFandMMfan I admire the amount of effort and dedication you’ve put into this because this is really fun to see grow lol.

I find these to be so funny listening to these songs while taking a break from class right now, especially the Midori one
Apr 16, 11:39 AM
Jan 2009
Reply to Fluffygreygrass
@FFandMMfan my goodness!

That’s some really nice dedication and effort

Inb4 “I used Sora to make teasers for these anime”
@Fluffygreygrass
EVENTUALLY!!

@BitChilly
Thanks!

Soundcloud playlist is updated with the OP and ED to Tokyo Girls 1990. I'm especially proud of Natsukashii Horizon, the ED. It's a little longer than I wanted because on the first part of the generation, it decided to end by winding down and starting a second verse and I'm just like "Oh no, I'm gonna have to work around this because this song is just TOO FUCKING GOOD to abandon it because of it starting another verse" lol.

Apr 16, 12:26 PM

Mar 2014
pog champs, hand, dropouts, zelda, tokyo vending machine police department, all of my girlfriends are really really boring, the hollow village, scooby doo, Midori and Clone Blue all seem like series I'd atleast check out. Not sure how many of them I'd watch pass the first episode.

wish some of these concepts were real lmao
Apr 16, 12:39 PM

Oct 2017
A Japanese anime Scooby Doo series would go hard af. I'm a really big fan of Scooby-Doo and mystery stories in general so I'd love to see what a Japanese take on the franchise would be. I've made jokes in the past before of Persona 4 being "Scooby Doo for weebs" so lmao.

A Zelda animated series feels just right for the franchise, and I could see that being a better way to translate the series to the TV/film screen than the live-action film set to release funded by the man who ruined Spider-Man 3 and Morbius himself, Avi Arad. I would vastly prefer if they went in the aesthetic direction of Wind Waker though as that to me feels like it would have the most potential for beautiful animated sequences if they were to do an animated series
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 16, 1:19 PM

Sep 2017
It's hilariously concerning how most of them look like utter shit

I'd however give these ones a chance :
- Warmth of Life : another reincarnation/isekai but it looks comfy at least
- The Legend fo Zelda : The Animation : I'm a huge Zelda fan so I'd give it a try
- HAND : Plot is somewhat interesting, a shame that the MC seems to be your average cute highschool girl
- Scooby-Doo is Anime Too! : why not
- Toaster Kuma : looks like a hit or miss comedy
- VISION:less : maybe the most interesting anime in this batch, kinda reminds me of Vivy
- The Hollow Village : good horror anime are really rare. This one doesn't look really interesting because of what the MC looks like
- The Tanuki That Sits Next To Me : might either be funny or repetitive
- Enpici : oh, anoooother isekai, how original. At least the plot is somehow intriguing
- Clone Blue : this one looks quite interesting actually
- Midori : the plot is so over the top it could be actually good

No hidden gem or masterpieces in sight here, and way too much shitty LN adaptations
Apr 16, 1:37 PM
Oct 2018
im surprised free loaders isnt already a weird ecchi harem type anime...

also i would def watch dropouts LOL
Apr 16, 2:14 PM
Feb 2024
Hand, Toaster Kuma, How Did You Know My Favorite Flowers Were Lilies, Ookami, VISION:less, Kaiju Kindergarten, The Hollow Village, The Tanuki That Sits Next to Me, Enpici.
Apr 16, 3:37 PM

Dec 2011
We Are Future, Welcome to the Card Game Club, Hand, Mecha Dance, Yohoho High Seas Precure, Class Idol, Midori, and My Heart Inside My Mind sounds interesting.
Apr 16, 5:23 PM
Jan 2009
Music Update! OP1 for Hey, What's Wrong With You, Idiot! Look Over Here! What Have Those Other Girls Got That I Haven't Got! - I'm the One You Need: https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/hey-whats-wrong-with-you-idiot-look-over-here-op1-im-the-one-you-need

Apr 16, 5:50 PM

Apr 2024
Has to be "How did you know my favorite flower were Lilies?" or maybe "The Tanuki That Sits Next to Me"
Apr 16, 6:00 PM
Jan 2009
Another new OP! This time it's from Tokyo Vending Machine Police Department - Action Required: https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/tokyo-vending-machine-police-department-op1-action-required
Apr 16, 7:22 PM

Mar 2021
Warmth of Life or Dropouts seem pretty interesting
Apr 16, 7:33 PM
Jan 2009
Last one for tonight!

Bundle of Sticks ED1 - Ribbon de Musubu: https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/bundle-of-sticks-ed1-ribbon-de-musubu

Edit: I lied, it seems.

VISION:less OP1 - Kokoro no Spark: https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/visionless-op1-kokoro-no-spark
FFandMMfanApr 16, 9:38 PM
Apr 16, 9:44 PM

Apr 2021
We need a reincarnated as a slave: My Massa's wife is obsessed with me!?
Apr 17, 8:58 AM
Jan 2009
This is the part where I pray Nintendo doesn't sue me.

The Legend of Zelda: The Animation OP1 - Legendary Sword: https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/the-legend-of-zelda-the-animation-op1-legendary-sword

The Legend of Zelda: The Animation ED1 - Kimi wo Mamoru Kona Uta: https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/the-legend-of-zelda-the-animation-ed1-kimi-wo-mamoru-tame-kono-uta
Apr 17, 9:03 AM

Jun 2020
Tokyo Vending Machine Police Department is something I would genuinely want to watch, LOL. I'm sort of sad it isn't real. My dreams have been crushed. And the AI generated OP isn't bad either... hey, where's the pilot ep?

I'm attached.
Apr 17, 9:06 AM

Jun 2020
The Bundle of Sticks ED is good too, what is this?????????? It's making me mad LOL
Apr 17, 9:08 AM

Jul 2022
Now I'm mad that these shows don't actually exist...yet, anyway. I'd like to watch:

Tokyo Vending Machine Police Department
Welcome to the Card Game Club!!
Hat Trick!
All of My Girlfriends are Really, Really Boring
Pog Champs

I also about lost it when the boys' love show was called "Bundle of Sticks."
Apr 17, 9:10 AM

May 2021
dropouts sounds pretty interesting.
Apr 17, 4:12 PM
Jan 2009
New songs! This time it's...

Toaster Kuma OP1 - Toaster Kuma no Magic: https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/toaster-kuma-op1-toaster-kuma-no-magic

Scooby Doo is Anime Too! OP1 - Doko ni Iru no?: https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/scooby-doo-is-anime-too-op1-doko-ni-iru-no

And yes, I DID get the AI to say "scooby dooby doo"lol.
Apr 17, 6:41 PM

Aug 2010
It's interesting because usually what drawn me to an anime whenever I see these kind of charts are the art/poster and familiarity from knowing the source material, but of course there is no familiarity here and I'm not fond of the type of art... so my picks are truly based on the synopsis.

MechaDance and Enpici sounds unique.

Fixer-Upper sounds like it's going to be the shoujo of the season.

My Heart Inside My Mind for the nostalgia over VN adaptation.

Tokyo Girks 1990 for the real nostalgia feels.
Apr 17, 6:56 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to Shirayukin
It's interesting because usually what drawn me to an anime whenever I see these kind of charts are the art/poster and familiarity from knowing the source material, but of course there is no familiarity here and I'm not fond of the type of art... so my picks are truly based on the synopsis.

MechaDance and Enpici sounds unique.

Fixer-Upper sounds like it's going to be the shoujo of the season.

My Heart Inside My Mind for the nostalgia over VN adaptation.

Tokyo Girks 1990 for the real nostalgia feels.
Another one! This time it's the OTHER gay anime on the chart.

How Did You Know My Favorite Flowers Were Lilies? ED1 - Junpaku no Yuri: https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/how-did-you-know-my-favorite-flowers-were-lilies-ed1-junpaku-no-yuri

And thanks for the continued positive comments, everyone! :D
Apr 17, 8:39 PM

Nov 2020
Now I wanna see some of these as actual anime! Or at least a silly novella or manga one-shot. The ones that caught my attention the most were...

- Midori since I love stories about coming to grips with existence. I'm curious to see how they'll handle her character progression throughout the story and if she'll really feel satisfied after getting her revenge. The thriller part tied to a cute girl is a bonus.

- VISION:less as a promising anime original that'll probably be phenomenally animated. It seems like the kind of show that presents itself as a love letter to the passion of creation. And dammit, I love that kind of thing.

- Kaiju Kindergarten for appealing to both my kaiju-loving self and the interesting setup with the government making baby kaiju have to go to school to prevent animosity between monster and humans. It looks lighthearted, but that makes me want to take a deeper dive into the world's politics.

- MechaDance because... well, just look at it! A quirky premise and a possibility of having well animated dance choerography with mechs from different franchises! Wonderful!

- Bundle of Sticks for being BL. That's it. I can't pass up new BL as a fanatic for this genre no matter how odd the premise is.

And honorable mention to My Heart Inside My Mind. Wouldn't watch it, but definitely would play the visual novel it's based on. The mere concept of those routes for the girls described sound wonderful to go through and unravel. Especially the heroine's. I just hope it isn't an utsuge but rather one with a good ending for all of them.

EDIT: Checked out the playlist with all the OP/EDs and wow! Loving these concepts! Love the ones for My Heart Inside My Mind and Toaster Kuma the most. The kicks used in Midori's "Code in the Veins" remind me of pop songs from the 80s-90s which fit pretty well since those years remind me of slasher films. Real great stuff!
MyFriendIbisApr 17, 8:51 PM
Apr 17, 9:41 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to MyFriendIbis
Now I wanna see some of these as actual anime! Or at least a silly novella or manga one-shot. The ones that caught my attention the most were...

- Midori since I love stories about coming to grips with existence. I'm curious to see how they'll handle her character progression throughout the story and if she'll really feel satisfied after getting her revenge. The thriller part tied to a cute girl is a bonus.

- VISION:less as a promising anime original that'll probably be phenomenally animated. It seems like the kind of show that presents itself as a love letter to the passion of creation. And dammit, I love that kind of thing.

- Kaiju Kindergarten for appealing to both my kaiju-loving self and the interesting setup with the government making baby kaiju have to go to school to prevent animosity between monster and humans. It looks lighthearted, but that makes me want to take a deeper dive into the world's politics.

- MechaDance because... well, just look at it! A quirky premise and a possibility of having well animated dance choerography with mechs from different franchises! Wonderful!

- Bundle of Sticks for being BL. That's it. I can't pass up new BL as a fanatic for this genre no matter how odd the premise is.

And honorable mention to My Heart Inside My Mind. Wouldn't watch it, but definitely would play the visual novel it's based on. The mere concept of those routes for the girls described sound wonderful to go through and unravel. Especially the heroine's. I just hope it isn't an utsuge but rather one with a good ending for all of them.

EDIT: Checked out the playlist with all the OP/EDs and wow! Loving these concepts! Love the ones for My Heart Inside My Mind and Toaster Kuma the most. The kicks used in Midori's "Code in the Veins" remind me of pop songs from the 80s-90s which fit pretty well since those years remind me of slasher films. Real great stuff!
MyFriendIbis said:

...ACTUALLY... lol

So I'm giving up spoilers to my big VN idea (which I initially had years ago), but it is a very, very, miserably depressing and dark story lol.

So the way the VN would work is that you could pick one out of five girls (there's actually 2 more that I couldn't get to generate in the image - a girl with split personalities where one is tsun and the other is dere, and another girl who has schizophrenia and sees shadowy monsters that (maybe) aren't real), based on what choices you make.

The main split point in the story is determined by whether you go down Emi's route or anyone else's route. Emi is presented as the main heroine - she's the pushy fun one that is always having a good time and laughing about everything. The girl in the straitjacket. You might wonder why she's in a straitjacket while nobody else is...

If you go down Emi's route, you'll eventually get to the point where you confess your feelings for her, and she does the same to you. One thing leads to another and you end up in a room alone with her, and she asks you to help her out of the straitjacket so the two of you can... y'know. It's okay, since you can just put the jacket back on her once you finish up and the doctors will be none the wiser. And so our horny protagonist removes the shackles and...

This immediately happens: https://i.ibb.co/xYWG5Q7/yodayo78425c69-bf96-4af8-a026-1a27d067e6e5-width-1024-height-1024.jpg

(It's AI generated too so obviously she looks totally different)

She tries to strangle you. The very second she's free, she wraps her hands around your neck with full intention of killing you. She laughs as you begin to choke, making fun of you for letting her free from her shackles. She still has the same cheery attitude, but it's dripping with madness.

If you try and struggle, she makes sure to finish you off. You actually would have to play dead in order to get her to let you go, so that she can skip off to begin her KILLING SPREE in the hospital.

Surprise! She's not the main heroine! She's the main ANTAGONIST!

You can still screw her though and get her "good ending". You just have to stop all of her murders from being successful. And somehow forgive her, I guess. But if even one murder goes through, her "good ending" route gets locked off.

Of course, you would then have the opportunity to ally yourself with one of the other girls to bring her down. Likewise if you just pick their routes to begin with. And if you just give Emi the cold shoulder from the start, she'll just end up seducing one of the doctors to have the same result of being let out of her shackles.

In fact, I deliberately hid an easter egg to all of this in the 2nd ED that I made. If google translate is correct, these are the lyrics to Tears in Laughter:
Look at this broken heart
I gained a scary amount of freedom
The wall of reason is falling down
The more I can shake it off, the more I can't stop
No one can stop this hand of mine
If I could draw a fleeting hope just once more
Making mistakes, a heart dyed in darkness
A choice I can't go back from, full of regrets
Break the chains to freedom
There will never be another echo of sadness
With a smile that pretends it's nothing, she wants to hurt her again
I'm looking for you in my dissipating dreams
Staring at my bloody hands, I can't help but laugh
I don't know why, suffering feels good
The love I feel even though I'm broken
This crazy pleasure that spins around and around
With a secret smile that no one knows
Now, let's wipe one more cold tear

And that's not even including the other girls...

Like the one that watched her sister burn to death in an accident and the trauma made her imprint her sister's image on a tattered doll.

Or the girl that has no memory beyond 5 minutes ago at any given time, because of severe trauma that was so terrible that it blocked out all of her memory.

Or the girl who had trauma so severe that it split her personality in two in order to cope with it.

Or the girl who seems to be schizophrenic, but is actually not crazy at all and is legitimately being haunted by shadow demons.

So, y'know, a wholesome dating simulator for the whole family :P
Apr 17, 10:08 PM

Aug 2012
If these were real the only one's I'd likely try out would be: 'Warmth of Life' and 'DropOuts'
Apr 17, 11:35 PM

Aug 2012
I'd probably watch the Zelda one, Midori, Visionless and The Hollow Village.

Hah those isekai titles are totally unhinged, it's hilarious and not far from what they are now.
Also that tanuki looks suspiciously like a red panda.
Apr 18, 12:45 AM

Nov 2023
Would defiantly be watching DropOuts and Zelda if nobody would introduce me,

currently I will score all your creations a 1
Apr 18, 3:03 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to FFandMMfan
MyFriendIbis said:

...ACTUALLY... lol

So I'm giving up spoilers to my big VN idea (which I initially had years ago), but it is a very, very, miserably depressing and dark story lol.

So the way the VN would work is that you could pick one out of five girls (there's actually 2 more that I couldn't get to generate in the image - a girl with split personalities where one is tsun and the other is dere, and another girl who has schizophrenia and sees shadowy monsters that (maybe) aren't real), based on what choices you make.

The main split point in the story is determined by whether you go down Emi's route or anyone else's route. Emi is presented as the main heroine - she's the pushy fun one that is always having a good time and laughing about everything. The girl in the straitjacket. You might wonder why she's in a straitjacket while nobody else is...

If you go down Emi's route, you'll eventually get to the point where you confess your feelings for her, and she does the same to you. One thing leads to another and you end up in a room alone with her, and she asks you to help her out of the straitjacket so the two of you can... y'know. It's okay, since you can just put the jacket back on her once you finish up and the doctors will be none the wiser. And so our horny protagonist removes the shackles and...

This immediately happens: https://i.ibb.co/xYWG5Q7/yodayo78425c69-bf96-4af8-a026-1a27d067e6e5-width-1024-height-1024.jpg

(It's AI generated too so obviously she looks totally different)

She tries to strangle you. The very second she's free, she wraps her hands around your neck with full intention of killing you. She laughs as you begin to choke, making fun of you for letting her free from her shackles. She still has the same cheery attitude, but it's dripping with madness.

If you try and struggle, she makes sure to finish you off. You actually would have to play dead in order to get her to let you go, so that she can skip off to begin her KILLING SPREE in the hospital.

Surprise! She's not the main heroine! She's the main ANTAGONIST!

You can still screw her though and get her "good ending". You just have to stop all of her murders from being successful. And somehow forgive her, I guess. But if even one murder goes through, her "good ending" route gets locked off.

Of course, you would then have the opportunity to ally yourself with one of the other girls to bring her down. Likewise if you just pick their routes to begin with. And if you just give Emi the cold shoulder from the start, she'll just end up seducing one of the doctors to have the same result of being let out of her shackles.

In fact, I deliberately hid an easter egg to all of this in the 2nd ED that I made. If google translate is correct, these are the lyrics to Tears in Laughter:
Look at this broken heart
I gained a scary amount of freedom
The wall of reason is falling down
The more I can shake it off, the more I can't stop
No one can stop this hand of mine
If I could draw a fleeting hope just once more
Making mistakes, a heart dyed in darkness
A choice I can't go back from, full of regrets
Break the chains to freedom
There will never be another echo of sadness
With a smile that pretends it's nothing, she wants to hurt her again
I'm looking for you in my dissipating dreams
Staring at my bloody hands, I can't help but laugh
I don't know why, suffering feels good
The love I feel even though I'm broken
This crazy pleasure that spins around and around
With a secret smile that no one knows
Now, let's wipe one more cold tear

And that's not even including the other girls...

Like the one that watched her sister burn to death in an accident and the trauma made her imprint her sister's image on a tattered doll.

Or the girl that has no memory beyond 5 minutes ago at any given time, because of severe trauma that was so terrible that it blocked out all of her memory.

Or the girl who had trauma so severe that it split her personality in two in order to cope with it.

Or the girl who seems to be schizophrenic, but is actually not crazy at all and is legitimately being haunted by shadow demons.

So, y'know, a wholesome dating simulator for the whole family :P
@FFandMMfan
I love the sound of this! Especially the path formatting and kind of plot you're going for. I wasn't expecting that kind of twist, but I like it. Your other routes sound amazing as well. Really curious what you mean by legitimate shadow demons for the schizophrenic girl.
FFandMMfan said:

I figured you put in a lot of work into the lyrics for the songs since they sounded coherent, but I wasn't expecting hidden meanings towards the plot as well. The "Making mistakes, a heart dyed in darkness / A choice I can't go back from, full of regrets" lines make me curious to hear Emi's backstory and what this "regret" is.
I hope you do more for this totally wholesome family friendly dating sim idea because there's a lot of potential here for something exciting.
Apr 18, 6:22 AM
Jan 2009
Reply to MyFriendIbis
@FFandMMfan
I love the sound of this! Especially the path formatting and kind of plot you're going for. I wasn't expecting that kind of twist, but I like it. Your other routes sound amazing as well. Really curious what you mean by legitimate shadow demons for the schizophrenic girl.
FFandMMfan said:

I figured you put in a lot of work into the lyrics for the songs since they sounded coherent, but I wasn't expecting hidden meanings towards the plot as well. The "Making mistakes, a heart dyed in darkness / A choice I can't go back from, full of regrets" lines make me curious to hear Emi's backstory and what this "regret" is.
I hope you do more for this totally wholesome family friendly dating sim idea because there's a lot of potential here for something exciting.
MyFriendIbis said:

So the "schizo" girl is actually descended from a long line of shrine maidens who used to exorcise demons, but it seems that they lost their powers around her grandmother's generations since neither her grandma or her mother had the ability to see spirits/demons, and they even began to believe that their ancestors were frauds and that they never had powers to begin with.

So when this girl as a teenager starts complaining of hearing threatening voices whispering to her, and seeing shadowy creatures everywhere she goes, people assume she's just schizophrenic - and she begins to believe them. But in truth, it's actual demons who want revenge on her family line, but they can't touch her because she has some kind of spiritual protection, so they just threaten and scare the hell out of her.

In the climax of her route, it'll become apparent that she's not crazy at all when, due to the sheer amount of malice inhabiting the hospital due to Emi's rampage, the demons become visible to more people, including the protagonist. And so, now that she knows that it's actually something spiritual and not psychological, she unleashes her latent priestess powers and actually gains control over the demons and uses them to help stop Emi.

MyFriendIbis said:

Honestly, I didn't like that line lol. In fact I told the AI to only generate lines about how she had NO regrets about what she was doing and that it was all just fun and laughter for her. But I couldn't manage to get rid of the line without losing the rest of the part, so I just left it in.

Emi's backstory is a tragic story of a victim that due to her actions, loses any sympathy you might have for her. I mean, probably.

Emi grew up in an extremely abusive, neglectful household. Because of that, she was very shy and withdrawn and gloomy, and because of that a bunch of kids bullied her relentlessly, only adding fuel to the fire. After some time, she just kind of... stopped responding to everything. Her mind began to crack, and she just... smiled all the time. Smiling to hide the pain.

The abuse at home didn't stop, and in fact only got worse. The plot would definitely paint Emi's parents as being the absolute biggest monsters out of everyone, for sure. But Emi would just smile and laugh, letting all of her pains build up inside her and never react to them. This gave her a reputation as no longer being the gloomy girl, but a creepy one, which in turn only lead to more bullying.

And then one day... she just kind of... snapped.

She killed her parents. Both of them pretty much ripped to pieces in some horrible display of violence. All that pent up anger and hatred and pain flowed out all at once, and she couldn't stop herself. To be fair, she didn't want to stop. She wanted to kill them for so long, and when she just kind of... did it.... all she could do was... smile and laugh.

Needless to say, Emi was arrested. But her lawyer managed to make an insanity plea, and managed to win over the court by explaining all of the horrible things that happened to her that lead up to this. Plus she was a minor at the time it happened. Thus, instead of sending her to prison, the judge orders that she be sent to a mental hospital, be forcibly medicated with anti-psychotics, and of course given probation and the like.

Once she arrived at the hospital, knowing that she is a murderer, the staff put her in a straitjacket to keep her from harming anyone. But at the same time, they thought... she doesn't seem that scary, really. I mean sure, she just killed her parents, but she seems so nice and cheerful! We'll monitor her for a bit, but if she keeps up her pleasant attitude, we'll give her the most minimal amount of restraint and security!

And so over time, Emi just kept on smiling and being friendly and pleasant. All the other patients loved her for her cheerful and funny attitude. And so the staff just let her walk around the facility and do whatever she wanted just like any other patient - barring removing the straitjacket of course. But... behind Emi's smile... she was... plotting.

At this point, it should be clear that Emi is not just some girl who killed purely out of revenge. She is actually insane. Her mental processes are wildly abnormal, and she simply does not think in the same way a normal person would. You could try and psychoanalyze her, but none of the results would make sense. Her internal thoughts are a jumbled mess that make no sense to even herself, and would terrify anyone else if they could hear them. And so one day she just decides... "I liked killing my parents. It was fun! It was this huge weight off my shoulders! And I still feel weighed down by something so... why not just.... kill more people!? Hahahahaha! But I can't do that if I'm trapped in this silly straitjacket! I wonder if there's some idiot who I could get to help me out of it... Hahahaha..."

And then... some ordinary boy arrives in the hospital, and begins making friends with all the pretty female patients there. And Emi wonders... maybe he's dumb enough to break her shackles... :D
Apr 18, 8:39 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to MyFriendIbis

MyFriendIbis said:

I wouldn't play it. The synopsis on the chart sounds overly similar to Grisaia, which I've already played.
その目だれの目?
Apr 18, 11:42 AM
Jan 2009
Next song is the ED to Clone Blue - Kage Janai: https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/clone-blue-ed1-kage-janai
Apr 18, 2:04 PM
Jan 2009
It's the moment everyone has been waiting for! One of the most popular fake anime from the chart finally has an OP! Get ready... to dance!

MechaDance OP1 - Baby, Be the One: https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/mechadance-op1-baby-be-the-one
Apr 18, 10:02 PM
Jan 2009
Up next is...!

STOMPERS! OP1 - Jump High!: https://soundcloud.com/dj-taka-610640153/stompers-op1-jump-high
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What's the most interesting thing that came out of an anime girl's mouth?

Catalano - 60 minutes ago

14 by BigBoyAdvance »»
59 seconds ago

» How many completed is considered a lot to you ( 1 2 3 )

Ice-Cube - Jul 9, 2022

107 by JessicaKari »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

89 by BigBoyAdvance »»
2 minutes ago

» Thoughts on NA?

lezbifriends - May 19

25 by Lhundrup »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Is the harem genre trashy? ( 1 2 )

JustSomeone15 - May 19

65 by TheSunLife »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.