Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 11, 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Chikuwa is here! What a cute episode. Seeing the cast have fun outside while also doing some cooking in the most natural way possible.

There were some camping as well and enjoying what nature itself has to offer. Loved the usage of the background sceneries too. This anime never ceases to amaze me when it come to its backgrounds.

Feb 2018
I just found out that it takes more than 35,000 yen to build a dog house. Oh, by the way, in this episode, they had a camping trip in Ena's backyard. Additionally, Aoi seems to be fond of her new table that she just bought. I still like Chiaki's hairstyle, but well, it doesn't look bad either.

I discovered a unique tool in this episode, a machine for making pork sausages. It's strange but interesting, and it's my first time seeing it xD. They seem to be discussing a festival, but I forgot which festival it is. Is it the cherry blossom festival? Oigawa, isn't that a famous tourist destination known for its beautiful valley and scenic railway?

The reason they chose Oigawa is because it's located between their respective houses, so it's not too far or too close. If their houses weren't in the middle, it would be difficult for one of the parties.

Dec 2021
Nadeshiko and Chikuwa finally had their heartfelt reunion at last.

To trim Chiaki's long hair, Nadeshiko and the others decide to have a backyard camping session at Ena's house. After efficiently setting up in the yard while admiring the table Aoi bought after the Izu camping trip and the camping gear for making chikuwa, Ena promptly starts cutting Chiaki's hair. However, they can't agree on whether to go for a cool look, a cute one, or Chiaki's trademark forehead-exposing hairstyle.

If "morning" in "good morning" means messy hair and not being a morning person, then "good" must mean cooking up a great breakfast. Hope they do in this anime. Oh, and Chiaki, that new hair looks great. Probably got some bang extensions, huh?

Anyway, Tomboy Teacher Chiaki was a total blessing.

Apr 11, 7:29 AM

Feb 2020
This is the Yuru Camp I have been waiting for. Lovely camping episode.

Chikuwa is still such a cutie pie. :3

SerafosApr 11, 7:47 AM
Apr 11, 7:59 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like camping around the house was a success and Aya got a new tent.
Looks like the next adventure will be a nice one as well so really looking forward to it.
Also the zombie part was funny, that dog is trained way to well.
Apr 11, 8:00 AM
Dec 2016
Really good episode! Chikuwa was the star if this ep really. I'm now excited to see Aya Rin and Nadeshiko camping together next week
Apr 11, 8:07 AM

Jun 2019
I'm going to need Aya-chan Nendoroid.
Apr 11, 8:12 AM

Apr 2016
You know, people say that the show or rather the "vibe" is different this time around because of the new studio, but to be honest if i didn't know this is a different studio, i would not notice the difference in the "vibe" of the show at all.

This is yuru camp thru and thru, and while i had some reservations against the second season, i'm glad here we introducing an (old)new character, it brings a new dynamics into the mix, hope this time around we see more of her.

For now Chikuwa and barbecue is enough too i guess :)
Apr 11, 8:14 AM

Apr 2014
Despite how small it is, but that dog tent was fking expensive.

Locations:
Ayano's mountain campsite
the location where Ayano went for her seaside camping should be somewhere along this coastline

Next episode Ooikawa huh?!
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 11, 8:23 AM

Feb 2021
Eyyy I knew Ayano wasn't a new character, I somehow remembered her appearing in season 2.
21:27 そろそろ (sorosoro) - already; about time.

Good episode, everyone was super adorable. Really looking forward to the trio's trip to Ooigawa next ~‿~
Apr 11, 8:33 AM

Jul 2017
I was admittedly a little disappointed with the premiere considering how consistently good the first two seasons were but this was somewhat better and closer to the Yuru Camp content I liked. Backgrounds sometimes still have some issues with the overly photorealistic look of nature, and Ena's building looks off for me, but the humor and content itself had more camping featured at Ena's backyard and the flow and humor worked more for me in this episode than the previous one. Chikuwa is quite the talented dog to say the least with strong acting chops shown there, and I liked the dynamic shown with Ena, Aoi, Chiaki and Nadeshiko in this episode. Not too much happened beyond playing with Chikuwa and trying to make sausages but it was more than what last week gave me to be honest, which I'll take. Was nice seeing Ayano added to the mix and planning a proper camping trip to Oigawa with Nadeshiko and Rin, that should be a good episode to watch. Think this one will be a lot more fun to watch than both these two episodes so far.

Regarding the character designs, not quite adjusted to it completely but I am more accepting that the older anime's designs are not there anymore with each passing episode. I still like C-Station's visuals, designs and overall direction a lot more but hopefully with a episode or two more, I would have at least adjusted to it to not compare them much with weekly viewing.
Apr 11, 8:43 AM

Jan 2016
I'm winning so much as a Kurosawa Tomoyo fan this season... She usually doesn't get that many seasonal roles, but with this and Euphonium, 2 of my absolute favorites I'm so happy! Really hoping to see Ayano camping with all the girls together, I'll transcend from wholesomeness.
Watching this makes my day so comfy
Apr 11, 8:50 AM

Mar 2021
Another fantastic and comfy episode it's so sweet seeing Nadeshiko and Chikuwa have a reunion.
Apr 11, 9:12 AM
Sep 2016
Okay, I'm starting to warming up to the new character design, and they're great. Incomparable to the older design and both are great in their own way, and should not be compared against each other. Example: I like Aoi and Chiaki in their new design more than in the older ones. But I'd always prefer Ena and Rin in their old design. No comment on Nadeshiko's. And I'm a major simp for Sakura (megane for life!), so both version of her is still a good one for me.

I still think it's a shame that we no longer have Sasaki Eri's ED, but I'm starting to warming up on Asaka's, and having Asaka on ED is not bad as well.

This EP:
- Chikuwa-carnival!!!!!
- Ayano is back!
uncleqrowApr 11, 9:16 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 11, 9:35 AM
Jan 2021
Short hair Aki causes a neuron activation in my brain...
Apr 11, 9:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Being able to see nature with your own eyes is part of the joy of having a scooter. Such a colourful and catchy OP. The pocket stove was a pretty neat tool. Chikuwa's doggie tent lol. Nice to see Ayano get into camping as well. When cooking food following the recipe is only half the battle. The other half is adequate prep. Curious to see how their trip goes next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 10:16 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to animejas
I was admittedly a little disappointed with the premiere considering how consistently good the first two seasons were but this was somewhat better and closer to the Yuru Camp content I liked. Backgrounds sometimes still have some issues with the overly photorealistic look of nature, and Ena's building looks off for me, but the humor and content itself had more camping featured at Ena's backyard and the flow and humor worked more for me in this episode than the previous one. Chikuwa is quite the talented dog to say the least with strong acting chops shown there, and I liked the dynamic shown with Ena, Aoi, Chiaki and Nadeshiko in this episode. Not too much happened beyond playing with Chikuwa and trying to make sausages but it was more than what last week gave me to be honest, which I'll take. Was nice seeing Ayano added to the mix and planning a proper camping trip to Oigawa with Nadeshiko and Rin, that should be a good episode to watch. Think this one will be a lot more fun to watch than both these two episodes so far.

Regarding the character designs, not quite adjusted to it completely but I am more accepting that the older anime's designs are not there anymore with each passing episode. I still like C-Station's visuals, designs and overall direction a lot more but hopefully with a episode or two more, I would have at least adjusted to it to not compare them much with weekly viewing.
animejas said:
Backgrounds sometimes still have some issues with the overly photorealistic look of nature, and Ena's building looks off for me

Yeah, I think they've been using photos as base in the previous seasons too, and they didn't look as off-putting to me back then. I don't know why they just couldn't use the same technique. Many of the shots looked so IRL that they confused me for a few seconds. The characters did look like they were inhabiting those scenes, though, with good lighting and color.

Also agreed on Ena's house. Some backgrounds looked like PS2-era video game levels, with flat lighting and texture. They couldn't just draw a house?

Still, these didn't affect the vibe of the show too much for me. It's still Yuru Camp.

Apr 11, 10:24 AM

Aug 2009
The Aki's missing forehead "drama" ended up being well planned and brilliantly executed joke by the new studio. Time to go buy some cocoa...
Apr 11, 11:15 AM

Apr 2020
Yuru Camp is just a mood, watching it removes all worries.
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Apr 11, 11:25 AM

Feb 2014
I'm getting used to the new artstyle more and more now, which is a good thing. The background art is also different to how it was done previously, but just like with the first episode, there was some lovely backgrounds shots with Ayano out on her own. There's a few nitpicks here and there, but that's all it is. It's still a solid job overall.

This episode felt very comfy and cute, with the Nadeshiko, Chiaki and Aoi heading over to Ena's house for some yard camping and sausage making. We were spoilt plenty with many Chikuwa moments, so that makes me happy. =)

Nadeshiko is itching to do some more solo camping, which works out well, as Ayano and Rin are doing their camping trip to Ooikawa, so Nadeshiko can do a day's worth of solo camping before she joins the other two. I'm hoping for some gorgeous scenery shots in the next episode!
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Mar 2023
More importantly, the vibes are just right.
Loving that the new direction gives scenes even more time to breath.

Art style change isn't that big of a deal as long as the vibes are great
Apr 11, 12:24 PM

May 2020
Hilarious how Chikuwa played along with those girls. That's a very well trained dog right there xD

Yeah, Aki feels more familiar with that "forehead", so the new hairstyle may not exactly match with the old and used one, she has her way to make up for that lol. Looking forward to the trio's "solo camping".
Apr 11, 12:45 PM
Sep 2022
they really slacked on the visuals
plus the humor and vibe is not the same
Apr 11, 1:22 PM

Aug 2010
Still getting used to the art style, and now I noticed how the environment looks more realistic too.. one reason I enjoyed the show is because the visuals so I hope I can get used to it soon.

Anyways, I was really scared for Aki when Ena pulled up the dog photo for her hair style LOL but her new hair looks good!

Also, Chikuwa is so adorable!
Apr 11, 2:29 PM

May 2012
Chikuwa returns! <3 He stole the show! Yard camping looks good. Poor Chiaki, hope she makes better homemade sausages next time, and nice haircut. Ayano is back and it seems she has decided to go for solo camping too. Rin sure influences a lot without her realising it.

Apr 11, 3:36 PM

Nov 2016
New hair same old Aki who's killing me as always, lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 11, 3:48 PM

Feb 2019
Another comfy and relaxing Yuri camp episode, perfect for a rainy day like today.

Ayano out solo camping was a nice start to the episode. some really cool background shots during her scenes.

But highlight of the week has to be Nadeshiko, Chiaki and Aoi going to Ena’s house for yard camping and making homemade sausages. It’s a shame they didn’t come out as they’d hoped, but the girls at least got to help out Aki with her hair and spend time together. Plus lots of cute Chikuwa moments which is always great!

The art style and new character designs continue to impress me, personally I like them more than the OG and the photorealistic backgrounds are so cool, adding a level of immersion to the show.

Can’t wait for the Oigawa trip and hopefully Nadeshiko gets her solo camp soon.
Marinate1016Apr 11, 4:27 PM
Apr 11, 4:20 PM
Aug 2019
Mr_Sai said:
they really slacked on the visuals
plus the humor and vibe is not the same

I think I can tolerate the different visual but I agree about the humor and vibe particularly in this episode is feel somewhat different from previous season. I skip through the joke and this doesn't happened when I'm watching previous season.
Apr 11, 7:21 PM
Mar 2015
The girls go yard camping
Apr 11, 7:36 PM

Oct 2022
With the new studio it sometimes doesn't quite have the right look, but damn have they nailed the atmosphere.
Apr 11, 8:35 PM

Dec 2022
Would be interesting to see if the girls went to a 2nd hand store/pawn shop for camp equipment (I remember seeing some places like that), If it's not too late.

Apr 11, 9:12 PM

Apr 2022
damn man this season just isn't hitting like the previous ones. and i actually like how the background looks a lot but still not the characters themselves.
Apr 11, 9:28 PM
Apr 2024
This episode filled with joy and cuteness. Such joy and cuteness we can feel them through the presence of Chikuwa and Camping Club. Also, can't wait for the next third episode.
Apr 11, 9:50 PM

Mar 2007
Never have I been more interested in getting a little dog than after watching this episode of Yuru Camp, because Chikawa is just too adorable. How can anyone NOT want a cute little dog like that?

He wears the sweater. Goes into his little doggie sleeping bag on top of the doggie bed in the doggie tent. So what if they are expensive? Take my money now!
Apr 11, 10:09 PM

Oct 2022
Chikuwa is such a cute doggo playing along like that.
Apr 11, 10:12 PM

Oct 2010
I'm still being slowly sold on the backgrounds and the approach this season is taking. There are various gorgeous shots in here, like the characters walking through the town. Ayano's early journey didn't work as well visually for me; I think with countryside backgrounds it is specially noticeable, there's something in the lighting maybe, that doesn't quite reach what for instance the first season did with ease. Like it looks sterile compared to that. More polished, more conventionally beautiful, but perhaps conventionally beautiful wasn't exactly what the aesthetics of this series were about. It is something I will have to get used to, and maybe this style will benefit a lot from evening/nighttime lighting; I also have to take into account that the fall aesthetics are by definition not going to be the same as the spring ones, and that maybe I just had a softer spot for the former. Anyway, I don't think there's much of a problem in the photorealism and the episode looks really well, just not entirely the style/mood that I prefer.

Anyway, a lot of digression on a perceived negative for an episode I absolutely loved. This was all about banter and dumb talk and let me tell you something (again): this show is so, so good at it. It makes the conversations and the jokes flow so naturally, and this is a quite unsung quality of the series. It is not easy to put in words, but compared to other shows, it looks like the characters are constantly playing along and having fun, instead of just becoming targets of their own personality flaws. Like we know Nadeshiko can be a bit dense sometimes xD, but she doesn't get the short end of the stick, she plays dumb or clueless as part of the game. Or Chiaki can be quite dramatic and intense, but she acts shocked for the fun. This is something that this show does very well, you have characters who can be both flawed and perform these flaws as part of the group dynamics, while other similar series often reduce these traits to one-note interactions that are just about this character having this vulnerability and exploiting it for fun. The characters in Yuru Camp, instead, do not feel vulnerable when they are among their friends, at all.
Apr 11, 10:26 PM

Nov 2022
Ena's house was out of limits for our gals. And she didn't offer them a cup of tea or something to snack on. Rich people are cheap.
Apr 11, 10:33 PM

Oct 2022
Very different episode than normal, looking forward to the next one because it will be the first real camp.
Apr 12, 12:36 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I like the fact that Nadeshiko brought the super-hot chorizo to the yard camp. And her expression when seeing Chikuwa again was priceless.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Apr 12, 1:46 AM

Nov 2023
Hmm, very calm and soothing episode ^_^

Camping girls are back!

I know people make promises all the time
Then they turn right around and break them
When someone cuts your heart open with a knife, now you're bleeding
But I could be that guy to heal it over time
And I won't stop until you believe it
'Cause baby you're worth it
Apr 12, 1:59 AM

Dec 2022
Aki-chan is much cuter with long bangs!
Apr 12, 2:19 AM

Nov 2022
I can watch a whole episode showing Chikuwa sneezing or acting or just enjoying the camp😅
Apr 12, 4:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The dog will never cease to be cute lol. I wish they gave Chiaki the weirdest hairstyle ever, it would have been fun
Apr 12, 4:52 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the camping garden was very stimulating for the girls!!!
There is a new travel plan, camping travel!!
kekeke
Apr 12, 4:57 AM
Mar 2018
I do not trust that "hot chocolate!" Why is it so translucent?

This is a very low-key episode. I was expecting the camping to also include the night, so I was surprised at how quickly it was over. I thought Aki "shooting" her friends was pretty fun, especially the zombie part! Ena's dad was too funny, watching them from the living room. XD
Apr 12, 7:13 AM

Oct 2022
Another comfy episode.. another learning about camping stuff specially how to make a good sausage.

Apr 12, 7:17 AM

Dec 2022
Chikuwa definitely need more screentime!
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Apr 2024
shh!
daddy is scarry, tho
Apr 12, 4:21 PM

Oct 2022
The bit with shooting her friends and then becoming zombies was so unexpected and hilarious.
UndefeatedBahamut
Apr 12, 6:23 PM

Jul 2016
First F for Aki this season. My poor girl...

Also Chikuwa is back ♥
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6

48 by Yogicat »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 30

63 by KonokoAsada »»
Jun 8, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23

66 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Jun 8, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16

69 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Jun 7, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9

69 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Jun 6, 12:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.