Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 10, 12:28 PM

Jan 2009
direct link to the authors tweet https://twitter.com/yuukamiya68/status/1777575311489773613
article https://www.animeexplained.com/news/no-game-no-lifes-original-creator-pleads-for-a-second-season-of-the-anime/

i do not watch this show but just sharing considering how fans of it are wishing for a sequel
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 10, 12:58 PM
Jun 2023
i really liked this show,I hope it gets season 2
Apr 10, 1:02 PM

Mar 2013
Another meme will probably be created, sadly.

As a fan, I'll see how this plays out.

CrazyButNot4UApr 10, 1:07 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 10, 1:03 PM

Nov 2016
Enough already. Time for everyone to speak up

And to tell those in charge it's time give green light

FMmatronApr 10, 2:27 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 1:29 PM
Feb 2022
That’s really awesome. Maybe it will be more likely for us to have a second season
Apr 10, 1:52 PM
Jan 2018
FMmatron said:
Enough already. Time for everyone to steak up

Steak up, okay bro
Apr 10, 1:58 PM
Aug 2022
I really hope it does get one, and more. There’s so much story and content we can get out of NGNL
Apr 10, 2:04 PM

Apr 2023
This is kinda sad ngl.
Apr 10, 2:27 PM

Nov 2016
Reply to jerbsy
FMmatron said:
Enough already. Time for everyone to steak up

Steak up, okay bro
@jerbsy

Let's do this then.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 4:05 PM
Jun 2021
The fact that even the author wants a second season is crazy💀💀
Apr 10, 8:13 PM
Dec 2023
deg said:
direct link to the authors tweet https://twitter.com/yuukamiya68/status/1777575311489773613
article https://www.animeexplained.com/news/no-game-no-lifes-original-creator-pleads-for-a-second-season-of-the-anime/

i do not watch this show but just sharing considering how fans of it are wishing for a sequel

If there is a god…pls let us realize this dream 😭
Apr 10, 8:28 PM
May 2021
THE TIME IS NOW FANS RISE UO
Apr 10, 8:46 PM
May 2022
actually a shame we never got another season but does anyone knows why?
Apr 10, 11:49 PM

Aug 2015
Really hope does get another , because there so much content to cover.
Apr 11, 1:36 AM
Mar 2021
APDied said:

Because Madhouse made season 1 and made it look incredible. They refuse to do a second season and no other studio wants to try and match Madhouse (last time someone did that, we got One Punch Man season 2 and the Internet flung tons of hate towards the studio).
Apr 11, 1:39 AM
May 2022
Hacker075 said:
APDied said:

Because Madhouse made season 1 and made it look incredible. They refuse to do a second season and no other studio wants to try and match Madhouse (last time someone did that, we got One Punch Man season 2 and the Internet flung tons of hate towards the studio).

yeah but why did they not make a season 2.
was it unprofitable or something cause they did make a spinoff movie from it so what happened
Apr 11, 2:05 AM
Mar 2021
APDied said:
Hacker075 said:

was it unprofitable or something cause they did make a spinoff movie from it so what happened

It's like I said. noone wanted to because they would face public backlash. If you're asking why Madhouse didn't, they have a track record of picking up a shows first season, making it phenomenally well animated, then dropping the series. They most likely don't have the motivation to continue a show that they've already done when they could instead try their hands at at a new, fresh story.
Apr 11, 5:52 AM

Jul 2023
Madhouse would profit so much if they came out with a season 2. I don’t understand what’s stopping them. Lol

Even the author is asking for a continuation, that’s more of a reason to go through with it.
lmosaApr 11, 6:00 AM
It'll all be okay in the end. If you're not okay, it's not the end.
Apr 11, 6:32 AM

Nov 2019
Okay, they're really in need of some cash grab, I guess.

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 11, 9:21 AM
Jan 2023
i really hope that S2 come
Apr 11, 9:30 AM

Jan 2017
Original_Name69 said:

It was a great adaptation, with amazing visuals. It was popular, and created a huge boost to the Light Novels sales.
So why would the Author not want it to continue then ?
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 11, 9:48 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Hacker075
APDied said:
Hacker075 said:

It's like I said. noone wanted to because they would face public backlash. If you're asking why Madhouse didn't, they have a track record of picking up a shows first season, making it phenomenally well animated, then dropping the series. They most likely don't have the motivation to continue a show that they've already done when they could instead try their hands at at a new, fresh story.
@Hacker075 I seriously don't know why people keep repeating this idea when you literally have series like Overlord, Ace of Diamond, and Chihayafuru that did in fact get more seasons under Madhouse. And studios don't choose if series get continue, production committees do. And I highly doubt "we don't want to do because we're scared it will be bad" is an actual major reason for it not happening when prod. committees want series to be made fast, and most studios are in positions where they have to accept whatever work comes their way so that they can keep the money rolling.
Apr 11, 10:21 AM
Jul 2022
I want a second season. Once I finished buying spice and wolf and cote I was gonna buy ngnl novels. It’ll save me hundred+ dollars.
Apr 11, 7:50 PM

Sep 2012
I’m with it, and please make it happen (madhouse pls)
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Apr 11, 8:01 PM

Nov 2013
Original_Name69 said:

Less crazy than you'd think. Unless it was Ex-Arm, what author would not want a 2nd season TV adaptation of their work??? $$$
Apr 11, 10:12 PM
May 2020
APDied said:
Hacker075 said:

Madhouse really doesn’t like making sequel seasons. One of the few I’ve seen them do is Kaiji getting a season 2 but they never adapted any more parts after that
Apr 11, 10:28 PM

Mar 2008
Why not just crowd source the funds?
Apr 11, 10:37 PM

Jan 2024
Overrated Anime No fun at all watching Boring Brother Sister Story. 🤢
Apr 11, 10:52 PM
Nov 2022
I knew it, I even said it multiple times that it would happen everywhere .
You thought it was a joke… But it was me… Time traveler
Apr 11, 11:20 PM
Oct 2020
Hacker075 said:
APDied said:

That’s probably not the reason. Didn’t make a season 2 because they could make season 1 for another show sounds really dumb.
Apr 12, 12:05 AM
Feb 2024
Alexioos95 said:
Original_Name69 said:

It was a great adaptation, with amazing visuals. It was popular, and created a huge boost to the Light Novels sales.
So why would the Author not want it to continue then ?

i think most authors wouldn’t, because an uncontinued first seasons makes people want to go read the novel instead thus boosting their sales. Look at classroom of the elite ,its ln is so popular bcs it hasnt had a season 2 for years (it shouldnt have gotten more seasons ngl the anime is a garbage adaptation)
Apr 12, 1:51 AM

Jan 2017
sloth848 said:
i think most authors wouldn’t, because an uncontinued first seasons makes people want to go read the novel instead thus boosting their sales.

The peak of the boost is generally right after the end of the adaptation, and it very quickly decrease after.

A portion of the new readers will continue to follow the serialization, but most drop it. A new season would not change what those who already buy do, but it could bring back those who dropped it, and will very much certainly attract new fans. On top of that, the Light Novels is almost at its end, so the Author has everything to win by getting a 2nd Season of the adaptation, especially after 7 years. That's also probably one of the reasons for the Manga adaptations.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 12, 3:06 AM
Mar 2021
SSGAryaman said:
Hacker075 said:

That’s probably not the reason. Didn’t make a season 2 because they could make season 1 for another show sounds really dumb.

First seasons make more money. And if you're the first studio to take on a show, you can animate it in whatever creative way you want instead of being constricted by the previous seasons' aesthetics.

None of what I said is 100 percent confirmed but it would all make logical sense imo.
Apr 12, 5:40 AM
Nov 2022
I love this anime, I really wanted this new season 😭
Apr 12, 7:19 AM

Aug 2009
He sould write light novel a little faster first.
Apr 12, 7:36 AM

Apr 2020
Dumythicpegasus said:
That’s really awesome. Maybe it will be more likely for us to have a second season

I know this is wholly unrelated to the whole thread but damn do I see you in some threads
The lurker of forums.
Apr 12, 8:32 AM
Jun 2023
It's been ages since I've witnessed it's Season 1 and the 0 movie. It will be damm good if there's a sequel comes. Let's hope.
__Traveller__Apr 24, 3:08 AM
Apr 12, 5:43 PM

Aug 2015
I just get it because made prequel movie so why not 2nd season. like heard at one point they didn't want make it because they were scared they would stuff it up, but they prove they didn't with movie. it werid.
Still if classroom of elite got few seasons there hope.
Apr 13, 2:29 AM
Dec 2021
I like how it implies the brother bangs his own sister...
Apr 13, 4:13 AM
Feb 2022
Hopefully, this time we get its sequel!
Apr 13, 8:22 AM
Apr 2022
APDied said:

based on what I read here nad there, and yt video that i watch, the reasons is so much complex.
from the ed of season that skip not 1 volume, but more than that. plagiarism(?) and sales
Apr 13, 11:31 AM
Jan 2022
want season 2 so badly 😞😞
Apr 14, 5:56 AM
May 2022
peterross said:

😎😤💪 BASED AF! One of the reasons I love it. Unfathomably based. We need more incest anime!
Apr 14, 6:10 AM
Dec 2021
Yeh I love it. I don't see why it is wrong to bang your own sister as long as she's into it. We don't do it anymore but me and my sister used to bang a lot and it was heaven! 😋
Apr 14, 6:18 AM
Sep 2022
I LOVE no game no life. It was so good and has so much potential!! I’m excited I hope there will eventually be a season 2 🩷
Apr 14, 8:53 AM
May 2021
We plead as well! 🙏🏻😭
Apr 14, 9:55 AM
Nov 2022
2dbest said:
APDied said:

based on what I read here nad there, and yt video that i watch, the reasons is so much complex.
from the ed of season that skip not 1 volume, but more than that. plagiarism(?) and sales

Yea kamiya yu-sensei got caught tracing in 2016 ish

Of course people can grow from their mistakes but big publishing companies might not want to risk making a second season because of that

//apparently there was a twitter account dedicated to documenting the tracing that was done? @kamiyapakuri it's all in japanese though
Apr 14, 7:53 PM
Sep 2020
peterross said:

Does it actually???
Apr 14, 8:02 PM

Sep 2018
If it gets a s2 it will prove that japan can overcome the will of licking the boots of blackrock, tencent, and vanguard. In current year that would be a miracle.
Apr 14, 11:43 PM

Aug 2015
it's off topic but another series that need another season is accel world the content pass the anime series is amazing in the ln.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

705 by Bienard »»
May 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.