Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 8, 4:28 PM
Jun 2016
I'm currently re watching it and I remember the ending of the anime just sucked. I know the anime just made up an ending which was just disappointing.

We are getting anime from the 90s early 00s getting full remakes with completion from manga and I think this one deserves one to.
Apr 8, 4:40 PM
Feb 2016
little to none...
Apr 8, 5:07 PM
May 2009
seinens about gangs, mafia and shit are getting more popular these days so a GTO remake would be based af
Apr 8, 5:28 PM

Mar 2021
I don't think the anime will be remade, since the live-action drama recently aired a sequel.

I mean, I feel that live-action dramas were more famous or popular in Japan, where anime is produced, than anime, so I don't feel the need to go out of my way to remake an anime.

Apr 8, 10:15 PM
Jun 2021
With all the stuff Onizuka does in the OG anime, unfortunately there is absolutely no chance it is getting a remake
Apr 9, 1:14 AM
Mar 2021
xONLYINHUMANx said:
I'm currently re watching it and I remember the ending of the anime just sucked. I know the anime just made up an ending which was just disappointing.

We are getting anime from the 90s early 00s getting full remakes with completion from manga and I think this one deserves one to.

All I'll say is that Urusei Yatsura is on its second season of a remake right now. The chances for GTO are slim but not zero...
Apr 9, 1:18 AM

May 2022
Cestlavie_ said:
Won't even be surprised if it got a remake
anything gets a remake these days. I don't think it needs one though. I rather have a continuation.

facts. who needs a remake of that when this perfectly fine. it would be better to simply have the rest of the story (which obviously would be cheaper and easier to make for the studio who would take this up)
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
Apr 9, 2:13 AM
Jun 2016
Reply to kihel
I don't think the anime will be remade, since the live-action drama recently aired a sequel.

I mean, I feel that live-action dramas were more famous or popular in Japan, where anime is produced, than anime, so I don't feel the need to go out of my way to remake an anime.
@kihel I would give the live action ago if they become available to watch.

I'm hoping netflix starts picking them up or another service
Apr 9, 2:20 AM
Jun 2016
Reply to D_D_DJ
Cestlavie_ said:
anything gets a remake these days. I don't think it needs one though. I rather have a continuation.

facts. who needs a remake of that when this perfectly fine. it would be better to simply have the rest of the story (which obviously would be cheaper and easier to make for the studio who would take this up)
@D_D_D it's because how the orginal one ended. They would have to re do that arc or start from the start
Apr 9, 2:20 AM
Jun 2016
Reply to D_D_DJ
Cestlavie_ said:

@D_D_D it's because how the orginal one ended. They would have to re do that arc or start from the start
Apr 9, 6:29 AM
Jun 2021
i dont really want it to get a remake since the OG series has some jokes that wouldn't slide nowadays. Maybe they would, but still, i like the old one
Apr 9, 3:25 PM
Jul 2023
the old version had a quite big success but I don't think a remake would be that popular because it doesn't need one actually.
Apr 10, 3:14 PM

Mar 2013
If you pay a company millions of dollars, probably.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 10, 8:19 PM
Jul 2021
SaveStyle said:
i dont really want it to get a remake since the OG series has some jokes that wouldn't slide nowadays. Maybe they would, but still, i like the old one

I’m pretty sure gto manga was banned in several countries back then too, I don’t think it would be a problem for them to release it now since anime/manga doesn’t really cater to western audiences anyways.
Apr 14, 2:42 AM
Apr 2020
its pretty good as is. i dont think it will get a remake. i dont see it making much of a ripple in the business
Apr 14, 3:54 AM
Jul 2021
Original_Name69 said:
With all the stuff Onizuka does in the OG anime, unfortunately there is absolutely no chance it is getting a remake

sad to say but yea you’re right
lost.
Apr 15, 3:15 AM
Dec 2023
hope it will happen for real,GTO!!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 24, 2008

88 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 2, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 23, 2008

85 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 2, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 23, 2008

86 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 30, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notestinet - Aug 25, 2008

302 by CoreFinder »»
Apr 27, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 28, 2008

96 by CoreFinder »»
Apr 25, 1:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.