Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 7, 3:26 PM

Apr 2020
I know there was a jump scare coming but it scared me anyway. -_-

Sweet couple, good start.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Apr 7, 3:30 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Such a great, relaxing first episode. I really like how Rudy takes his relationship with Sylphie very seriously ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 7, 3:31 PM

Aug 2014
Tylaen said:
I'm glad we're starting out the series in the most thematically correct way. By placing virgin blood inside the shrine of a pair of underaged-looking panties...truly, Mushoku Tensei gives no regard to what it's doing at all.

Ain't no way he fuckin did that, right?RIGHT? Bro what in the fuck? And here I thought he is about to be less of a horny creep..
Apr 7, 3:33 PM

Aug 2014
Rinrinka said:
Such a great, relaxing first episode. I really like how Rudy takes his relationship with Sylphie very seriously ^.^

Everything was nice aside the fact that he took Sylphie's virgin blood and put it inside the worshipping box next to Roxie's panties..
Apr 7, 3:46 PM

May 2021

Quite the opposite, in fact, Cliff.

Apr 7, 3:58 PM

Feb 2010
Reply to Esense
DrHizzle said:
@Esense Bait used to be believable
rolopolo78 said:
@Esense gotta write better bait man. It's getting way too obvious now

"Any adverse take pointing out flaws about my favorite show must be bait." Cope. This series is just objectively bad in a lot of ways and gets outclassed by every other popular isekai. S2P1 was literally indefensible.
@Esense how was this indefensible? the first season felt like a great adventure shounen despite some of the common otakushit degenerescence that was to be expected from isekai grandfather, but the character dev was good enough to compensate

the second season wasn't as bad as many say, sure the shift to a slower pace, slice of life like was pretty sudden but still it was a fun little time and having both sides of those in one saga is pretty nice (i mean, it's like fillers in naruto, they can serve a purpose, but they are badly integrated as they are fillers... here this is pretty correctly integrated in the progression of the story, even if shounenormies are dissatisfied)

the weird subject of ErDy, to also represent the struggles of his coming of age and love life in a strange way, is a pretty rare theme to be treated also... so it's not so bad (i admit the animation quality took a terrible hit), and the beginning of romance at the end of the season is quite cute (also it's not as sudden as you say, he showed interest in his elf friend/lover-potential regularly, plus he is the horny type and need to get affection after break up etc)

i can get that you think there are some easy writing here and there, but frieren, for example, since you have it as a profile picture, feel way more pretentious while having blander and flatter characters (don't dare to say subtle), less lively adventure overall, interesting themes but the execution is meh (muh flashback muh regrets but i am happy now with my crew teehee *pokerface sleepy eyes light smile*)

honestly you are of bad faith, i recognized it from your favorites, what i call a pretender, a poser
lighthalzen-kunApr 7, 4:02 PM

“Read as little as possible of critical or aesthetic works. They are either products of a close-minded spirit, petrified and devoid of meaning in their lifeless hardening, or clever verbal games [...]. Works of art are of an infinite solitude; nothing is worse than criticism for approaching them. Only love can grasp them, keep them, be just toward them. Always give precedence to your own feeling against these analyses, these reviews, these introductions. [...] You must let every impression, every seed of feeling, ripen within you, in the dark, in the inexpressible, in the unconscious, those regions closed to understanding. Wait with humility and patience for the hour of the birth of a new clarity. Art demands of its faithful followers as much as of its creators.”
— RAINER-MARIA Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet (letter dated April 23, 1903).
Apr 7, 4:15 PM
Feb 2016
Part of the really boring school Ark so....it sucks
Apr 7, 4:16 PM

Oct 2016
Amazing way to start this cour. I really like that we got a bit of haunted house murder mystery and that it looks like it will be leading to something interesting in the future. We also got some comfy slice of life vibes with Rudeus showing Sylphie their new home. I loved this episode. (9/10)
Apr 7, 4:27 PM
Oct 2021
A little bit of horror in this episode
Apr 7, 4:29 PM
Feb 2024
Anime_God_King said:
Part of the really boring school Ark so....it sucks

It's the transition out of the (semi) boring school arc, give it some time.
Apr 7, 4:39 PM
Jul 2022
I think this was a good first episode :)

I just hope the second season gets as good an ending as the season 1 did (with the fight with Orsted The Dragon God, and that stuff with Eris)
Apr 7, 4:49 PM

Mar 2017
it honestly felt like 2 minutes.
Apr 7, 4:53 PM
Jan 2021
It was really good nice and peaceful though I thought the house was a bit smaller
Apr 7, 5:09 PM

Apr 2022
well this is back and we go straight into it.
Apr 7, 5:16 PM

Apr 2014
We back at it again yeah booooi I missed me some good mushoku tensei! And especially Sylphie~

[Artist] • [Streamer] • [Writer]
Seasonal Anime Watcher!
Apr 7, 6:02 PM
May 2016
Kinda boring. Disappointing this show has devolved into house hunting and wedding planning.
Apr 7, 6:04 PM
Jul 2023
amazing animation and history , ¡the return of the isekai kiing!
Apr 7, 6:47 PM
Aug 2017
Reply to DutchEllie
This is such a weird anime. I'm not sure but somehow this is the sort of anime where I expect anything at any time, and I'll be right one of these days I know it.
When Sylphie says "Don't disappear on me again", I totally expected Rudy to disappear again somehow. What do you guys think?
DutchEllie said:
When Sylphie says "Don't disappear on me again", I totally expected Rudy to disappear again somehow. What do you guys think?

That was my thought too. Immediately though, "Oh, guess we're going to see another Mana Calamity"
Apr 7, 6:48 PM
Jul 2022
So pleased that Rudy is back! nice to see that he's got into real estate (want to know the price now? what was his down payment? lo)l. He also gained a free doll robot too!
Apr 7, 7:00 PM
Aug 2013
Finally,Rudeus-sama is back!!! I missed Mushoku so much!!
Sylphie and Rudeus-sama are sooo cute, I enjoyed this first episode a lot!!
Apr 7, 7:03 PM
Oct 2023
Really good ep to start 2nd part, I loved the episode, the pacing also decent and the Rudeus and Sylphie momets I liked very much...
Apr 7, 7:11 PM
Jul 2022
Best isekai is back.
Apr 7, 7:13 PM
Apr 2022
la mejor serie viver los momentos de la novela no tiene comparacion
Apr 7, 7:28 PM
Jan 2021
Brought a smile to my face :D
Apr 7, 7:35 PM
Aug 2020
peak fiction .yes and yes go see this s
Apr 7, 8:08 PM
Sep 2020
Very cute episode with a lot of different moments. I'm happy to be watching my favorite show again, how exciting!
Apr 7, 8:10 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi proposed and bought Sylphie a house
Apr 7, 8:13 PM

May 2019
Reply to MenchiK1
Kinda boring. Disappointing this show has devolved into house hunting and wedding planning.
@MenchiK1 This is not and has never been a grand adventure about becoming the strongest in the world or beating the big baddy. It's a story about the life of Rudeus. Sometimes that look into his life means a near-death encounter with a mythical being that strikes fear into all that observe him, sometimes it means we see his marriage, the purchase of his first home, etc.
Those are monumental milestones in a person's life, and, for me, are some of the main reasons I love this story so much.
Apr 7, 8:19 PM

Jul 2016
Still can't believe Erectile Dysfunction was MC's biggest adversary till date.

Anyways, first episode of a new cour and it's more medieval rom-com shenanigans. MC's mother is still missing but he prefers to play house with his consolation girl instead. Seriously, that so-called "Turning Point 3" couldn't come sooner.
Apr 7, 8:24 PM
Nov 2019
rudy beli rumah baru untuk nikah dengan shylpy
My Candies :
Apr 7, 9:06 PM
Jul 2014
i guess this is not an anime to watch tired, literally 5 seconds in and im already disappointed and tired with rudys antics.
Apr 7, 9:31 PM
May 2022
anime is come back!!!
Apr 7, 9:58 PM
May 2016
Reply to DrHizzle
@MenchiK1 This is not and has never been a grand adventure about becoming the strongest in the world or beating the big baddy. It's a story about the life of Rudeus. Sometimes that look into his life means a near-death encounter with a mythical being that strikes fear into all that observe him, sometimes it means we see his marriage, the purchase of his first home, etc.
Those are monumental milestones in a person's life, and, for me, are some of the main reasons I love this story so much.
@DrHizzle

Yeah well after a season of fighting erextile dysfunction I was hoping for more. Guess I can look forward to him paying his taxes and a custody battle if Erus ever shows up with his kid 9_9
Apr 7, 9:58 PM
May 2016
Reply to DrHizzle
@DrHizzle

Yeah well after a season of fighting erectile dysfunction I was hoping for more. Guess I can look forward to him paying his taxes and a custody battle if Eris ever shows up with his kid 9_9
Apr 7, 10:29 PM

Jul 2022
I noticed a huge improvement compared to the 1st part (I loved it just the same), so I hope I'm not wrong to put too many expectations on this 2nd part so quickly. I'm already aware more or less of what will be adapted due to spoilers but I hope to enjoy it anyway.
Apr 7, 10:31 PM

Dec 2020
i might just not watch this season smh
Apr 7, 10:48 PM
Feb 2021
I'm just ready for the next arc to start, because I couldn't be less interested in this one.
Apr 7, 11:30 PM

Jul 2015
Esense said:
Most overhyped is*kei is back. Love how hard this series tries to portray "comfy" relationships when it's bereft of any genuine emotion, especially involving the MC's contrived love life. The worst of them of course being his relationship with Sylphie which is founded almost entirely on a fraudulent bedrock:

>Fall in love at first sight with the child MC because this is a self-insert power fantasy
>The MC is so impossibly, unrealistically dense he can't recognize you in a vizor because the plot is founded on stupid character decisions and conveniences
>You are so impossibly, unrealistically asocial that you're incapable of revealing your identity for no convincing reason thus you initiate a forced "will they won't they" dynamic because the plot is founded on stupid character decisions and conveniences
>Once you finally muster the courage to do so (only thanks to an accomplice), the MC immediately falls in love with you for no other reason than you were childhood friends despite the fact that he couldn't even recognize you wearing a vizor and started seeing you as a dude
>MC cures his teenage ED and immediately decides he wants to spend the rest of his life you

Also, it looks like production values won't go back to their S1 self, which is a problem because having decent production values compared to other isekai + shock value controversy were the reasons it even stood out and became popular.

You either so lack media literacy or are trolling.
PiromyslApr 8, 4:12 AM

Apr 8, 12:21 AM

Jul 2021
I thought the robot stuff was cool, felt like it came from a horror movie. Rudeus and Sylphy, uh they're both down bad for each other. I dun care much about this arc but seriously they need to go back to these adventure type, those background look great.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 8, 12:28 AM

Apr 2023
Reply to Driz
This mf Rudeus cut the blood stained sheets LMAO

@DrizAIM The knight continues to collect the sacred relics of his conquests. Imagine how depressed he was to have burned Eris's hair. She really devastated his psyche lol.
Apr 8, 12:32 AM

May 2015
Rudeus and Sylphie really are an adorable couple, it's just so wholesome
Apr 8, 12:43 AM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
Reply to Shaka-bun
@DrizAIM The knight continues to collect the sacred relics of his conquests. Imagine how depressed he was to have burned Eris's hair. She really devastated his psyche lol.
@Shaka-bun LOL let the degeneracy continue! I felt second-hand grief watching Rudeus that was rough.
Nov 2018
Very pretty at least though this arc will probably be pretty mid at best.
Dec 2020
good first episode
Apr 8, 12:55 AM
Jul 2021
Homura24 said:
amazing first episode
Mushoku Tensei has been my my number 1 anime since its first season aired
rudeus and sylphie were cute
cant wait for the next ep

Of course you like this show your a lolicon
Apr 8, 1:04 AM

Feb 2018
Noice, we be back with this series. The panties prayer thing gets me every time lol, truly a Rudeus moment.

We got da cliché haunted house too sheesh, Zanoba was the mvp for that situation.

Nice to see some moments with Rudeus and the peeps again.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 8, 1:27 AM
Oct 2023
it's good as always pretty start im eagerly waiting to watch it
Apr 8, 1:31 AM
Dec 2020
I am deeply disappointed in this show. They established a lot of good characters and events and lore behind the world. But we are in the same fkin place for like 12 episodes. This went from action/drama/fantasy to a slice of life type shit. I can't care less about Rudeus's classmates. I hope the pay off episode, if it is even coming, it's gonna be great. I can't watch another court like the previous one.
Apr 8, 1:38 AM

Nov 2020
I'm glad the pacing of this episode was quick because it takes up nearly half of the 10th volume of the LN. The line-art on the character faces is strong and expressive, which is always nice to see. I feel like it's in good hands so I'm excited to see what comes next.
Apr 8, 1:40 AM
Dec 2022
And we're back. Second season Part 2. It's hard to know which is which. Let's see how the adventures of Rudeus with Sylphie and his search for Eris and the rest of his family go.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5

249 by SouthRzVa »»
12 minutes ago

» Episode 18 (Cour 2 Ep 6) Preview images

MangagnaM - Yesterday

8 by xZabuzax »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

175 by Jinzoo_V1 »»
4 hours ago

» It now get even more disappointing.

Chanki_33 - May 5

42 by dabdabgoose »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14

188 by lolohome »»
May 7, 11:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.