Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Whoa, Sharon is here.

This show is back and honestly feels pretty much very similar to the previous seasons so far. The Duke also makes his reappearance and doesn't seem to have changed much. Alice is back too and I'm glad to see her reunite with her mom. It's an episode that really shows what this anime is about again with these character personalities.
Apr 7, 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
Mangaka Koharu Inoue's series is back for Season 3 from last Summer, and the road to cure Bocchan of his curse continues.

Nasuo☆ helms the OP this time, and it's..quite different, with more or less the same visual cues from Season 2.

Bocchan and the gang are in the Witch's World, and already, Zain is suffering because Cuff's near-kiss is stolen from Sarah licking her, as the lessons continue. The child-like song is just like Iruma-kun, not gonna lie. Cuff is growing stronger, Zain is just getting toyed at, and Daleth just keeps thinking of wanting to become human so that she can progress her relationship with Walter.

Sade and Keto going back to the Underworld, while Daleth heads back to the mansion to tend to Sharon, she's back in full health, wanting to know from Rob about Bocchan and Alice, as their 10-day short-term training program wraps up at the magical wizardry school. Nico will do his part to help Bocchan as well to convince Sade, so that is going to get resolved one day. With both Bocchan and Alice back in the mansion, the reunion between mother and daughter, as well as catching up with Bocchan's family...it's a lot heartier now. As to her history with his grandfather Victor and Sade, it certainly was a rollercoaster of emotions, including her divorce. Still, if love is to be a thing, both Bocchan and Alice have still got it.

Whew whew, Bocchan's declaration to Sharon that he will take care of Alice, what a BOLD confession.
The final season, hope it finds a good place for its conclusion.
KANLen09Apr 9, 11:18 PM
Apr 7, 6:30 AM

Dec 2021
Mangaka Koharu Inoue's Shinigami Bocchan is back after just a brief two-season hiatus from Summer 2023. Possibly for the last season as well.

For once, it isn't Bocchan and Alice singing the OP; it's none other than Nasuo☆ returning from last season's ED, and it's pretty catchy. As for Alice's ED, it's the same as ever, okay.

The gang studying magic at the wizarding school. Caph and Zain, in order to further develop their abilities, were undergoing special training with their teachers and seniors. Meanwhile, Daleth, who obtained the book How Witches Can Become Human, returns to the magical realm to try the method to become human. However, the magical realm had a more relaxed atmosphere than usual, and at its center was Sharon, who had awakened from a long slumber.

Yeah, ngl, I don't remember much from season 2 other than them going to the school or whatever. Anyways, Walter and Daleth will be the couple that reconciles witches with humanity, I'm sure of Kinda sus that Sharon didn't remember that she has a sister (the one who seemed to be abusing Alice). Since one of the students in the academy can control Alice's body, it's safe to assume Sade was controlling Sharon's body. I have a feeling that the carefree, slightly airhead-ish Sharon okaa-san is more than meets the eye. Anyway, I'm REALLY glad that the Academy arc did not overextend; otherwise, it'd be too chaotic. But oh boy, it's kind of disappointing that Sharon won't teach her daughter how to seduce men properly. Dad's a scumbag, unfortunate and fortunate for Alice and Sharon.

It only took a whole three seasons, but Alice and Sharon are finally reunited. Now with her in the mix, things should get more interesting this season.

Apr 7, 7:32 AM

Feb 2021
Season 3 let's go! This will be the final season btw. Really didn't expect a full adaptation. Also it's fun how this airs during the same season as Mushoku Tensei again.

In the OP あなたになら食べられてもいいわ (anata ni nara taberaretemo ii wa) means "I don't mind being eaten by you".
Eyy sudden songs again
Zain deserved that XD
The ship between Daleth and Walter still feels a bit weird, but eh, I can live with it.
No way, that's actually real Sharon. I somehow felt that Sade possessed her body.
14:01 The part about a tree growing made me think of something else lol.

Really like the ED!

Nice first episode. Can't wait to see Bocchan's mom's reaction to Sharon.
Apr 7, 7:55 AM
Sep 2015
Can't believe we reach season 3, can't believe it wastes no time to get to the point where season 2 left off.
Apr 7, 8:46 AM
Aug 2022
It's again back with interesting plots.
Apr 7, 8:49 AM
Dec 2017
Looks like SMDE's CG got even smoother.
Apr 7, 11:17 AM

Jun 2020
Hmmm......New season is back. We had a quick touch with the key characters......Sharon is back, but can't remember the past.... Interesting first episode to the new season.
Apr 7, 11:25 AM

Dec 2013
Cuff is the best, I'm glad to see her once again, so pure and innocent, shame their time at the school was so short.
Apr 7, 12:11 PM
Sep 2014
The fireworks wizard seems to have a severe lisp, but you almost can understand her after a bit if you grasp the idiosyncrasies in her Japanese
Apr 7, 12:48 PM

Jan 2017
Yeap Sharon is exactly what I was expecting, super genki mama!
Apr 7, 12:52 PM

May 2020
They really do have a lot to cover, around 100 chapters, if they are planning to conclude this with the third season itself. But looking back at the pace of those two seasons, they could… I guess.

About Sharon, at one point I used to think there’s some very deep mystery around her, but look, now she’s back just like that lol. Rather typical start nonetheless.
Apr 7, 1:33 PM

Feb 2019
God I missed these loveable idiots. Especially Daleth and her crush on Walter 😂

I didn’t expect the school arc to go by so quickly, but getting that out the way allowed us to have a really nice reunion between Alice and Sharon. After all these years there’s so much to catch up for them, and of course the main topic is Alice and Bocchan’s relationship lol.

You can see where Alice gets her playful personality from, but Sharon is probably even worse than her. Just constantly teasing Alice and Bocchan about their relationship and trying to get them together. She’s only 25 because she was frozen in stasis for a decade so I guess it makes sense.

With this being the final season of a full adaptation, I’m looking forward to learning more about Sade and getting Bocchan’s curse removed. Will be a fun next 3 months.
Marinate1016Apr 7, 2:09 PM
Apr 7, 3:13 PM
Sep 2014
I feel like I might be misremembering, but didn't we see a portrait of the Duke's grandmother, particularly with someone commenting that Viola takes after her a lot in looks?

And it looks like we'll get more background on Victor and his wife as well
Apr 7, 5:56 PM

Feb 2013
Nice to have this back but am I the only one who thinks Ayumi Mano's portrayal of Alice sounds a bit different?
I actually thought it was another person for a moment.
Apr 7, 10:45 PM

Nov 2021
One of my favorite comfort anime. It's crazy to think season 1 aired in 2021, time really flies. I'm glad this could get a full adaptation.
Apr 8, 4:01 AM

Jan 2018
Finally, Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid is back! I missed this show a lot.

So, the 3rd season is going to be the last huh. I don't mind as long as it’s a full adaptation. But I am going to miss this anime a lot after it ends...

It feels so strange to hear the 3rd OP not being a duet of Alice and Bocchan anymore. I think the new OP is good but I think I would've liked it more if they made another duet. Missed opportunity. The ED is good tho.

Hearing Zain get shocked reminds me of Urusei Yatsura because of Hiroshi Kamiya lol.

They didn’t stay in the school very long. I wouldn’t mind seeing more episodes with the characters in school. Would've shaked things up a bit. But it might be better with things going back to normal.

Sharon is awakened! Man, I love her. She's so energetic. It sucks that she won't stick around in the mansion for longer.

Can't wait for the next episode.
0451Apr 8, 4:05 AM
Apr 8, 7:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's so cute to see Alice finally meeting her mother, you wouldn't expect to see them reunited but it finally happened
Apr 8, 5:11 PM

Apr 2013
Reply to Sondfer
Looks like SMDE's CG got even smoother.
@Sondfer Are we sure that was CG? It was easy to tell in the first two seasons that CG was being used but to me, this looked like very well drawn pics made to try and mimic CG but still glaringly looks like its hand drawn. It didn't truly look CG to me... and you're telling me its CG that just looks so good it looks like its hand drawn? I need some proof this is in fact CG. I mean the CG in this series has always been great but not THAT great if this is indeed CG. It looked too much like hand drawn that the entire time I was taken out of the ep and trying to also spot actual CG scenes and i just couldn't say for sure but it looks like hand drawn pics to me.
Apr 9, 6:00 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to --Kaori--
@Sondfer Are we sure that was CG? It was easy to tell in the first two seasons that CG was being used but to me, this looked like very well drawn pics made to try and mimic CG but still glaringly looks like its hand drawn. It didn't truly look CG to me... and you're telling me its CG that just looks so good it looks like its hand drawn? I need some proof this is in fact CG. I mean the CG in this series has always been great but not THAT great if this is indeed CG. It looked too much like hand drawn that the entire time I was taken out of the ep and trying to also spot actual CG scenes and i just couldn't say for sure but it looks like hand drawn pics to me.
@--Kaori--
Yes, SMDE is a CG studio. Plus you can tell by the movement of the characters.
Apr 10, 3:12 PM

Jul 2016
That has to be the shortest academy arc I have ever seen.

Anyways, nice to have this show back for one last season. OP not being sang by Bocchan and Alice is such a letdown tho.
Apr 10, 6:51 PM

Sep 2018
Surprised seeing the mom talk about her dad as a playboy. Pretty nice new opening too.
Apr 11, 4:52 AM

Jan 2021
Alice and Bocchan are back!

I really like those wizard school songs lol so cute... like kindergarten songs. Didn't expect that Sharon would wake up from her "death" so cheerfully and without questioning anything lol, the mother-daughter reunion moment was also not so emotional but I was happy to see Alice get her mother back by her side. Sharon also gave her blessing for Bocchan and Alice :3

Apr 12, 6:48 PM
Jul 2010
Am I the only one who was kinda meh about this episode? With how big of a thing Sharon being asleep was, it seems like a very surface layer reunification with everyone. And then Sharon immediately is like, okay I’m going to the other mansion bye. And then Alice is sad but accepts it. I dunno, I get it’s a lighthearted show and all, but the characters and their emotions in this episode seem unrealistically one dimensional.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?
Apr 14, 11:22 AM
Feb 2015
gonna be interesting to see how things develop with Sharon back, completely forgot that happened at the end of last season
was also nice seeing Daleth again with her big change in personality since the start ahahahahah
and as well I was almost ready for them to drag along the whole school sequence for a fair lot of episodes as it was quite small in the latter end of last season so was really surprised to see that like they literally just got there a little at the start and already graduated halfway through the episode, 5 minutes in and we already have an accompanying song outside of the OP theme 😂
Apr 14, 8:35 PM

Apr 2012
One takeaway from this episode was Sade was already crazy when she introduced herself to Sharon. Daleth was already wearing a mask to hide her scars Sade caused on her.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 15, 12:23 PM
Sep 2021
Is it me or has Cuff's fire blast in that opening gotten larger than it was in the last opening?
May 6, 7:08 AM

Nov 2013
Sharon reunion wasn't how I expected it to be lol.
Such energetic but weird woman. Any normal person would have anxiety of sorts after realising they've slept for years.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

8 by SouthRzVa »»
May 27, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19

10 by Ashhk »»
May 20, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12

16 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 15, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5

11 by SouthRzVa »»
May 9, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28

23 by chocomayu »»
May 7, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.