Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Trigun or Trigun Stampede?
Apr 5, 2:07 AM
Jan 2022
Just finished watching Trigun and tbh, I expected more. My expectations were like a solid 8 or 9/10, since I have heard good things about it, but for me it was an OK experience. Funny thing is that I watched first the new alternative version, Trigun Stampede, and I enjoyed it way more. The story was more polished, the characters had more importance, the message was really solid. Since I enjoyed this version I thought the OG would better, but no. The story was a total mess for this one. A lot of not important characters thrown in, the animation was a bit meh, considering it was produced by the goat Madhouse. Moments didn't have any impact to me. I don't know. I would like to know your opinions cause I am genuinely curious. Rarely happens that I enjoy a new alternative version more than the original source.
Apr 5, 2:36 AM
Nov 2019
Tomi3b said:
Just finished watching Trigun and tbh, I expected more. My expectations were like a solid 8 or 9/10, since I have heard good things about it, but for me it was an OK experience. Funny thing is that I watched first the new alternative version, Trigun Stampede, and I enjoyed it way more. The story was more polished, the characters had more importance, the message was really solid. Since I enjoyed this version I thought the OG would better, but no. The story was a total mess for this one. A lot of not important characters thrown in, the animation was a bit meh, considering it was produced by the goat Madhouse. Moments didn't have any impact to me. I don't know. I would like to know your opinions cause I am genuinely curious. Rarely happens that I enjoy a new alternative version more than the original source.

I am less disappointed than Cowboy Bebop. Exactly same happened to me regarding Cowboy Bebop. Try out Trigun Stampade. That's even better.
Apr 5, 2:47 AM
Jan 2022
DoctoRojack said:
Tomi3b said:

I am less disappointed than Cowboy Bebop. Exactly same happened to me regarding Cowboy Bebop. Try out Trigun Stampade. That's even better.

I just said I liked Stampede more 😂. I get it with Cowboy Bepop. The first time I watched didn't had a literal connection but I decided to give it another try. Not the "perfect" anime but I appreciated it way more
Apr 5, 2:49 AM
Oct 2020
You do you, but for me, I really enjoyed the original, it had a good mixture of goofy and serious moments and really good payoff to a good buildup, and the later half was anime original in fact, which I personally liked more

Now the new one on the other hand, well it had no build up to speak of, everything is revealed so quick you don't feel like there's anything to look forward, there's no mystery to it, like even when I look at without thinking about the original, it sucks, and it sucks even more when I compare it to the original especially when it comes to vash, he feels like a generic flat MC, even his no kill code feels jarring, and it lures you into falls sense of security with the first two episodes and then does a complete 180 out of nowhere

I don't mind them making a completely different adaptation, but the way they did it, was not right
Apr 5, 2:56 AM
Jul 2023
Tomi3b said:

i agree. watched it for the first time about a year ago and the only thing i liked is the art style. 6/10 for me. haven't watched stampede because of its awful animation along with the already poor story. nostalgia carries it for many. same with bebop.
Apr 5, 3:00 AM

Jan 2024
How I describe Trigun is it gets better and better the further it goes on. The original Trigun is segmented into three parts. Comedy (Shonen), Action (Battle Shonen), and Drama (Seinen). The transition to each pat is not done well at all, very messy. In fact the first part is the worst, thus I had a hard time getting into the show a decade ago but by the end I did appreciate the ride.
Ex-AidApr 5, 3:23 AM
Apr 5, 3:14 AM
Feb 2021
DoctoRojack said:
Tomi3b said:

That’s such a bad take lmao
Apr 5, 3:19 AM
Nov 2019
TheRealRouges said:
DoctoRojack said:

Why? cz the episodic approach show with failed attempts of telling story after halfway and rushed ending impressed you because that's the only anime in 90s with western vibe!!! If you like it then that's your preference. But story is most important thing in a fiction and Cowboy Bebop doesn't excel in it while Trigun actually does.
Apr 5, 3:20 AM
Jan 2022
CrunchyCrobat said:
You do you, but for me, I really enjoyed the original, it had a good mixture of goofy and serious moments and really good payoff to a good buildup, and the later half was anime original in fact, which I personally liked more

Now the new one on the other hand, well it had no build up to speak of, everything is revealed so quick you don't feel like there's anything to look forward, there's no mystery to it, like even when I look at without thinking about the original, it sucks, and it sucks even more when I compare it to the original especially when it comes to vash, he feels like a generic flat MC, even his no kill code feels jarring, and it lures you into falls sense of security with the first two episodes and then does a complete 180 out of nowhere

I don't mind them making a completely different adaptation, but the way they did it, was not right

Yeah I understand completely. Maybe it's because I watched the new version first and had such high expectations for the original one. Nonetheless, quite a unique story overall I respect it and thanks for your opinion
Apr 5, 3:21 AM
Jan 2022
xXGoreGrinderXx said:
Tomi3b said:

i agree. watched it for the first time about a year ago and the only thing i liked is the art style. 6/10 for me. haven't watched stampede because of its awful animation along with the already poor story. nostalgia carries it for many. same with bebop.

I liked the animation. Even though it's 3D, that it's known for not quite good of a reputation, it was quite enjoyable. Studio Orange is really good at it. Even though thanks for your opinion
Apr 5, 3:24 AM
Jan 2022
AxiaG said:
How I describe Trigun is it gets better and better the further it goes on. The original Trigun is segmented into three parts. Comedy (Shonen), Action (Battle Shonen), and Drama (Seinen). The transition to each pat is not done well at all, very messy. In fact the first part is the worst, thus I had a hard time getting into the show a decade ago but by the end I did appreciate the ride.

Personally think it's really important to make the first part of the story really interesting, to draw the audience attention. Like you said, Trigun sucked at it and even though we got deeper into the story, didn't quite landed an impact on me. First impression is everything and thanks for your opinion
Apr 5, 3:39 AM
Jul 2023
Tomi3b said:
xXGoreGrinderXx said:

I liked the animation. Even though it's 3D, that it's known for not quite good of a reputation, it was quite enjoyable. Studio Orange is really good at it. Even though thanks for your opinion

a lot of people did. its just not for me. ill never enjoy 3D personally. no problem 🤘
Apr 5, 4:34 AM
Oct 2020
They’re two different types of stories but original trigun has the charm of an old western with buddies with some sci fi and stampede is a sci fi mystery with some western themes in it. Both great shows and have unique flavours. The story is super coherent just pay attention.
Apr 5, 4:49 AM
May 2023
Reply to TheRealRouges
DoctoRojack said:
Tomi3b said:

@TheRealRouges Still not as worse as hating trigun
Apr 5, 4:50 AM

Apr 2015
You should read the manga, then you'll be even more disappointed because it's the best version of the story and none of the anime even come close to it.
Apr 5, 4:50 AM
Feb 2021
Feitan_exe said:

Yeah ahahah, these people lmao
Apr 5, 4:51 AM
May 2023
Reply to DoctoRojack
TheRealRouges said:
DoctoRojack said:

Why? cz the episodic approach show with failed attempts of telling story after halfway and rushed ending impressed you because that's the only anime in 90s with western vibe!!! If you like it then that's your preference. But story is most important thing in a fiction and Cowboy Bebop doesn't excel in it while Trigun actually does.
@DoctoRojack Absolutely right. Trigun had a better story compared to cowboy bebop
Apr 5, 5:04 AM
May 2023
Reply to TheRealRouges
Feitan_exe said:

Yeah ahahah, these people lmao
@TheRealRouges hahaha bebop fans
Apr 5, 7:36 AM
Oct 2019
both Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are mid
Apr 5, 9:54 AM
Jan 2022
Biisoo said:
You should read the manga, then you'll be even more disappointed because it's the best version of the story and none of the anime even come close to it.

I will keep that in mind. Thanks man
Apr 5, 9:56 AM
Jan 2022
UltimateKai said:
They’re two different types of stories but original trigun has the charm of an old western with buddies with some sci fi and stampede is a sci fi mystery with some western themes in it. Both great shows and have unique flavours. The story is super coherent just pay attention.

I get why it's popular, the story is quite unique and interesting. But the way the original treated it, didn't land quite an impact it was so messy. Maybe I wasn't on the right mood when I watched it who knows. Thanks for your opinion
Apr 5, 10:50 AM
Oct 2020
98 it's the better version and tells a more compelling story due to its implicit narrative, subtlety and balanced tone unlike manga and Stampede, the main characters have more time to develop their dynamics due to the "filler" episodes.
Apr 5, 1:45 PM
May 2017
DoctoRojack said:
Tomi3b said:

That's funny, the first time I saw cowboy bebop I didn't get the hype. I dont know if it was because I wasn't into westerns at the time, but I had to watch it almost 3 times, first time in sub, 2nd in dub and finally last time in dub before it clicked and I got behind it, finding it one of the best anime I've seen. The episode with Vicious being a standout episode, great antagonist and fight.
Apr 5, 3:47 PM

Apr 2016
I actually really like both. Btw I recommend that you read the manga, as neither anime adaptation is actually faithful to it and the story is really good (it's just really hard to understand what's going on sometimes, the art, panels and speech balloons are really messy)
Apr 5, 10:51 PM
May 2023
Reply to code925alert
both Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are mid
@code925alert says the jojo fan
Apr 5, 10:52 PM
Oct 2019

imagine trying to call Jojo mid 😭
Apr 5, 11:49 PM
May 2023
Reply to code925alert

imagine trying to call Jojo mid 😭
@code925alert but it is tho
Apr 5, 11:50 PM
Oct 2019

enjoy your slop bro 😮‍💨
Apr 6, 12:08 AM
May 2023
Reply to code925alert

enjoy your slop bro 😮‍💨
@code925alert Nuh uh both Jojo and Cowboy bebop are mid, Trigun is above average decent and more enjoyable than both together
Apr 6, 1:11 AM
May 2023
Tomi3b said:

I totally get you. I also watched Stampede first and went to the 1998 one thinking it would be better based on what I heard, but I also found it kind of disappointing Don't get me wrong though. I still enjoyed some aspects of it, some moments more than Stampede, but they were very specific, Overall still found it meh. I also disliked that "Fight" between Vash and Knives by the end. So then I went to the manga, and oh boy how good it was. Both Anime pale in comparison to the Manga imo. And after seeing everything Trigun related I realize how both Anime have their good and bad parts. At the end of Stampede when we see how the show seems to be a ReImagine-Prequel type of story, plus the little Sneak Pick at the end. For S2 I have this feeling we will see Manga-Vash in his truest Adaptation maybe even more than '98 Vash. I have Hope, I need Manga Vash on my Screen.

In summary, I agree on '98 being kind of disappointing for me too. But I understand where some Stamped critics come from. So basically... Everyone, Go Read the Manga, is Far Superior 😂
Apr 6, 4:37 AM
Jan 2022
Soffy321 said:
Tomi3b said:

I totally get you. I also watched Stampede first and went to the 1998 one thinking it would be better based on what I heard, but I also found it kind of disappointing Don't get me wrong though. I still enjoyed some aspects of it, some moments more than Stampede, but they were very specific, Overall still found it meh. I also disliked that "Fight" between Vash and Knives by the end. So then I went to the manga, and oh boy how good it was. Both Anime pale in comparison to the Manga imo. And after seeing everything Trigun related I realize how both Anime have their good and bad parts. At the end of Stampede when we see how the show seems to be a ReImagine-Prequel type of story, plus the little Sneak Pick at the end. For S2 I have this feeling we will see Manga-Vash in his truest Adaptation maybe even more than '98 Vash. I have Hope, I need Manga Vash on my Screen.

In summary, I agree on '98 being kind of disappointing for me too. But I understand where some Stamped critics come from. So basically... Everyone, Go Read the Manga, is Far Superior 😂

Thanks man for your opinion. Really appreciate it
Apr 6, 7:16 AM
Jul 2022
Tomi3b said:

Another person with a short attention span that can’t appreciate a slow burn. What else is new these days?
Apr 6, 10:08 AM
Jan 2022
Loccon_Stratos said:
Tomi3b said:

Another person with a short attention span that can’t appreciate a slow burn. What else is new these days?

Just watch my profile and you'll think again about what you just said
Apr 7, 2:40 AM
Jul 2020
I watched the original a few years ago, and didn't find it enjoyable until the last few episodes. Even now, I don't remember much of what happened. Then, when Stampede came out, I thought it might be good to check it out and see if I enjoy it more... I enjoyed Stampede SO MUCH more.
Apr 7, 8:29 AM
Jan 2022
seanmk said:
I watched the original a few years ago, and didn't find it enjoyable until the last few episodes. Even now, I don't remember much of what happened. Then, when Stampede came out, I thought it might be good to check it out and see if I enjoy it more... I enjoyed Stampede SO MUCH more.

Thanks for your opinion 😊
Apr 7, 8:36 AM

Jan 2009
i already forgot the original but ye i enjoyed stampede too
Apr 9, 12:21 PM

Apr 2008
I thought the new one was ok.. didn't really care for how anti violence cash was.. I mean in the original he didn't want to kill people either but he also didn't wuss out of a fight. I missed all the expert gunman action from the original.
Apr 10, 12:40 AM
Aug 2023
Tomi3b said:

I didn't expect that as I I really enjoyed trigun. couldn't sit through Trigun stampede though, especially Because Milly wasn't there
Apr 10, 12:19 PM
Jan 2022
searingdark said:
I thought the new one was ok.. didn't really care for how anti violence cash was.. I mean in the original he didn't want to kill people either but he also didn't wuss out of a fight. I missed all the expert gunman action from the original.

Thanks for your opinion 😊
Apr 10, 12:20 PM
Jan 2022
Foreverians said:
Tomi3b said:

I didn't expect that as I I really enjoyed trigun. couldn't sit through Trigun stampede though, especially Because Milly wasn't there

Yeah she was cute 😂
Apr 11, 10:55 AM
Jan 2023
Tomi3b said:

I am total opposite. I first saw this ver And I dont like the new much(i dont like 3D). It Is that the first 4 eps Are not in manga. I think that the old ver is better because it takes longer to show you all the backstory. In the new it Is at the benininging. The characters are well written I think. Mabye the Gung ho guns should have more time. But still it was good. This Is my opinion. For me 1998 is 10/10. But I underestand it Is not for everyone.
Apr 11, 1:37 PM
Jan 2022
PospecSA said:
Tomi3b said:

I am total opposite. I first saw this ver And I dont like the new much(i dont like 3D). It Is that the first 4 eps Are not in manga. I think that the old ver is better because it takes longer to show you all the backstory. In the new it Is at the benininging. The characters are well written I think. Mabye the Gung ho guns should have more time. But still it was good. This Is my opinion. For me 1998 is 10/10. But I underestand it Is not for everyone.

Thanks for your opinion. Really appreciate it
Apr 14, 6:55 AM
Feb 2021
CrunchyCrobat said:

I feel like watching the original for the reasons you pointed out then watching stampede to get a clearer story is the way to go.
Apr 15, 2:48 PM
Jun 2023
we know vash's backstory from the beginning of stampede, whereas in trigun, we have no idea who he is or where he's from. we assume he's just a guy but that makes his backstory way more impactful than in stampede. also trigun has stun-gun milly, stampede does not.
Apr 18, 12:59 AM
Aug 2018
CrunchyCrobat said:

Damn, you really hit the nail right in the head.
It perfectly describes the problems I have with Stampede.
OP may like Stampede more, but for me it's actually just something loosely based on Trigun that strips off everything unique and special about it.

OP, you didn't enjoy the original, maybe you just don't get it? It isn't a problem. I admit I don't get Trigun Stampede at all anyway.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 24, 2008

80 by CalmTeaTime »»
May 1, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 22, 2008

54 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 7, 2008

55 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 21, 2008

99 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

151 by Juan9207 »»
Apr 26, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.