Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 4, 12:57 AM
Apr 2020
I have already watched season 2 but my friend, who I plan on watching this in the theater with, has only watched season 1. Will that be okay for them? Or should they try to catch up before watching the movie?

(if anyone has watched the movie already and can answer based on that, it would be really helpful)
rocky_miloApr 4, 1:05 AM
Apr 4, 1:04 AM
Nov 2023
rocky_milo said:
I have already watched season 2 but my friend, who I plan on watching this in the theater with, has only watched season 1. Will that be okay for them? Or should they try to catch up before watching the movie?

no worries in my guess you can watch it before the season 2 as it has separate story on it
Apr 4, 2:03 AM
Nov 2022
No, heck you could even watch it if you've only seen until around.. the first 5 episodes of season 1 (don't quote me on that)
Apr 20, 3:19 PM
Dec 2019
As long as you're familiar with Loid, Anya, and Yor with their respective shticks, it's about as self-contained as tie-in movies come. The movie even gives a brief overview of the main cast's eccentricities, so you could even watch it as an entry point into the series if some reason you don't have the willingness to watch the first season.
Apr 21, 9:16 AM
Sep 2021
you can watch the movie even if you never watched spy , there is a "little" plot summary at the start of the movie
Apr 21, 6:16 PM

Oct 2019
I watched it yesterday, tbh you don't even need to finish season 1.

In fact, If I had to say when it is most likely to be taking place, I would go for somewhere in the middle of S1P2

To be 100% honest, I don't even think it's necessary to watch the show to see it. you'll understand the plot perfectly well.

The only downside would be the fact that you would get spoiled on bond being in the family, which barely matters tbh
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 23, 7:00 AM

Jan 2015
I didn't. There was one character I didn't recognize, one character who'd only been teased, but if that's not too much of a concern (wasn't for me), it works to see this.
Apr 24, 10:22 AM
Feb 2018
It takes place between episode 15 and 21 of season 1 (so in the middle of S1P2). Bond is already part of the family, but Yor doesn't know Fiona yet.
Apr 26, 12:23 PM

Jun 2012
My mom doesn't watch animes, she wanted to go to the cinema with the rest of us, and she enjoyed it and was able to understand the movie without watching the other seasons.
Apr 28, 9:39 AM

Jul 2012
Not at all.

I watched the movie today and haven’t watched series two yet (I’ll get to it soon, I’ve just been busy!) and there was absolutely nothing to indicate I should have watched series 2 first. No character nor plot lines that haven’t already been shown in series one were mentioned.

@ValkyrAN
Did your mum enjoy it? I like hearing about people watching anime with their parents. I watched series 1 with my mum and we went to see the film together and she absolutely loved it! She’s 65 (I’m 30), which just goes to show this anime is popular with people of all ages.
Apr 30, 10:51 AM

Jun 2012
Reply to LadyMarble
Not at all.

I watched the movie today and haven’t watched series two yet (I’ll get to it soon, I’ve just been busy!) and there was absolutely nothing to indicate I should have watched series 2 first. No character nor plot lines that haven’t already been shown in series one were mentioned.

@ValkyrAN
Did your mum enjoy it? I like hearing about people watching anime with their parents. I watched series 1 with my mum and we went to see the film together and she absolutely loved it! She’s 65 (I’m 30), which just goes to show this anime is popular with people of all ages.
@LadyMarble Yeah, my mom loved it, she was laughing so much. She's 50 and i'm 31, i try to make her watch anime's sometimes.
Apr 30, 11:13 AM
Jun 2021
Friendly answer: The movie is for new and old viewers, they mixed everything good from both seasons in one movie, even if you have seen only 3 episodes you will understand.

Realistic answer: It doesn't fit in the continuity of the story, so you can take it as "non-canon" and nothing happens.

Answer I choose to follow: Even if it's an original movie, it has concepts from both seasons that make you free to choose where to place it. For example Yor doesn't seem to know Fiona, or maybe he didn't distinguish her, so it may be before that time. But also, the last episode of season 2 shows us Bond learning to bite on the arms. And what happens in the movie? Exactly. You decide. :)
May 15, 11:23 AM
Sep 2017
Reply to LadyMarble
Not at all.

@ValkyrAN
@LadyMarble A bit late response but I felt like responding bc I'm a mum myself (48 yrs) who has watched looooots of shows with my oldest daughter (my son and youngest daughter don't care about anime, unfortunatly, I failed big time with them ;)). My oldest is 21 now and moved out, so we don't get to watch a lot together anymore. But this Saturday we'll be going to watch this movie in the cinema (it still runs in the Netherlands this week), looking forward to it! I've watched the regular show, she hasn't yet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Movie: Code: White Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Jan 7

64 by Trap_Traps_Traps »»
May 21, 7:45 PM

» Question - SPOILERS INSIDE ONLY ENTER IF YOU'VE SEEN IT

Pigroee - May 16

6 by Owlblocks »»
May 18, 2:06 AM

» Forger or Holger?

SHINOBI-03 - Apr 28

10 by otaku22 »»
May 1, 7:36 AM

» Is this canon or not?

locosmundo - Jan 14

10 by Tendou-kun »»
Apr 29, 8:33 PM

» I feel real dumb...

Rand_al-Thorfinn - Apr 27

20 by Rand_al-Thorfinn »»
Apr 29, 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.