Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 4:42 AM

Jun 2019
Episode 24. I always thought Kobato's [revised] wish was going to involve the preschool, but seeing how things have shaken out, it seems like everyone would've been better off if Sayaka had relented earlier. Fujimoto wouldn't have worked so hard, Sayaka could've reunited with her husband and they could've put their efforts towards opening a new preschool. But then we wouldn't have had a central location for Kobato to interact with Sayaka and Fujimoto. It makes all of the tension and build up surrounding the preschool seem wasted.

When Fujimoto suddenly remembers Kobato it just simply isn't believable to me, he's never shown any indication that he held these strong feelings for Kobato. Yes I think he grew fond of her during their time together, but not too this extent. Now Doumoto I could believe acting this way, but not Fujimoto.

Ok exposition time, and I'm already lost. I thought Kobato came to earth following an incident in the celestial realm involving Ioryogi's revolt? She was actually human and died a while ago, but wanted to be reborn with the person she loved, who is obviously Fujimoto. What isn't clear is their relationship in the past. It looks, from the fragments of the memory we see, that Kobato is a child and Fujimoto her parent/guardian/sibling, but they don't appear to be lovers in the past memory. Even if past Fujimoto wasn't related, then her love would've been that of a child, and he wouldn't have reciprocated those feelings, or if he did then that's very wrong as she was a minor in her memory. If the past memory of Fujimoto had shown them as a couple then this would make sense, but as it currently is, I just don't get it.

For all the shit Seven Deadly Sins gets, I thought the reveal about Meliodas and Elizabeth's past was well done, her dying and them always coming together and being a couple, but her never knowing their past connections (or dying within 3 days if she did remember), and it goes a long way to explain Meliodas's touchy feely nature with her.

Was Kobato in the celestial realm because she was dead maybe?

So Kohaku has a similar deal with the doctor, although she's an angel, so immortal, and he dies and is reborn and then they reunite again. But Fujimoto and Kobato are both human.

Fujimoto goes to a house and meets........Kobato, who is supposed to be the grandchild of a client who passed away. So were there 2 Kobato's 4 years ago, one at the preschool and another one living out here? This makes zero sense. And what about the memories and personality of the person who Kobato just awoke into.

This just ended up a big mess. What about Ioryogi and the fight against the celestial realm and Kobato somehow getting injured. I never felt like Fujimoto and Kobato were suited to each other, but the authors answer was well yes they are because they are connected by a former life and reincarnated to be with each other again. I ended up giving this one a high 6/10 (6.8). It was sitting at a low 7/10 for a while but the last 10 eps just started making less sense and we were continually getting more questions than answers. I did like the visuals and OST and Kobato was super adorable at times with her ganbatte attitude. I also liked Sayaka, and thought the story should've focused on her romance rather than Kobato, who was too child like for romance imo. Ioryogi best char.

Thanks as always @whiteflame55, read your review and it was good, summed up our experience of the show well.
23feanorApr 27, 4:58 AM
Apr 28, 5:34 AM

May 2019
Thanks for watching with me as always, @23feanor. Agreed that Ioryogi was the best character, just wish he’d gotten some kind of wrap up in the end - felt like he deserved a little something.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Secret of Cerulean Sand (2002)

whiteflame55 - Apr 26

22 by whiteflame55 »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » Discuss the Series You Just Finished ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelle - Jul 27, 2009

2878 by jdvz »»
10 hours ago

» Anime with adult main characters

zubby - Nov 30, 2023

6 by MeganeOverlord »»
Apr 25, 7:50 PM

Sticky: » New Member Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelle - Oct 3, 2009

833 by MeganeOverlord »»
Apr 25, 7:35 PM

Sticky: » Interest Thread for a Group Watch ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

23feanor - Oct 26, 2020

290 by OrlahEhontas »»
Apr 24, 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.