Forum Settings
Forums

Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

New
Apr 1, 3:37 PM
News Team
Aug 2019
Voice actress Mutsumi Tamura announced her marriage on her X (formerly Twitter) account on Monday.

"It's a personal matter, but I, Mutsumi Tamura, have gotten married. I had always thought I would live my life alone, but I am grateful to have found a partner with whom I can spend my entire life together. I feel deeply grateful that I can be myself with them," Tamura posted.

Tamura made her voice acting debut as young Kyosuke Tsutsumi in the ef: A Tale of Memories. (ef - a tale of memories.) television anime in 2007. The following year, she landed her first major role, starring as Toppa Bashin in Battle Spirits: Shounen Toppa Bashin.

Tamura is notable for voicing characters such as Kobayashi in Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid), John in Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu (The Vampire Dies in No Time), Jonathan Mar in Jormungand, Ermes Costello in JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stone Ocean (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean), and Zorome in Darling in the FranXX.

Source: Oricon News
Apr 1, 3:52 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Congratulations!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 1, 8:58 PM

Apr 2012
Congratulations. Come to think of it, it's expected, but I never imagined that Kobayashi's voice actress voiced so many shoutas.
Apr 1, 10:58 PM

Feb 2024
Congratulations, Tamura Shounen!
Apr 2, 5:37 AM

May 2021
So many marriages in Japan and yet the birth rate is record low each year .....

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Apr 2, 6:44 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
So many marriages in Japan and yet the birth rate is record low each year .....
@Yubisoft I would not be surprised if now celebrities simply began to announce marriage more often or even get married because of some kind of social trend to increase the birth rate. But the population itself is still far from this.
Apr 2, 7:13 AM

May 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Yubisoft I would not be surprised if now celebrities simply began to announce marriage more often or even get married because of some kind of social trend to increase the birth rate. But the population itself is still far from this.
@RobertBobert Social trend is a very short term solution or even a solution at all. Basically the government need to wake the f up to fix the problems that discourage people having kids like working conditions etc. Other countries have birth rates problem like mine but at least a G7 country like Japan doesn't have the serious economic problems like mine as far as I am aware which one of the most important reason why people don't want kids here in EU for example

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Apr 2, 7:31 AM

Oct 2017
Congratz. She voiced a bunch of kid characters.
Apr 2, 9:51 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
@RobertBobert Social trend is a very short term solution or even a solution at all. Basically the government need to wake the f up to fix the problems that discourage people having kids like working conditions etc. Other countries have birth rates problem like mine but at least a G7 country like Japan doesn't have the serious economic problems like mine as far as I am aware which one of the most important reason why people don't want kids here in EU for example
@Yubisoft I don't live in Japan, but from what I've heard, the main reasons for the falling birth rate are a culture of excessive workaholism, high costs of raising a family (especially given the "wife shouldn't work" approach) and "herbivorous men" who are afraid of modern women and instead will be preferred to the idealize some waifu. I'm not even talking about all the trends from West, when some female celebrities convince girls that they should prefer a career and individualism to starting a family. So, from the outside it looks like more of a social problem than an economic one.
Apr 2, 11:14 AM
Jan 2017
Congratulations, Mutsumi-chan! You will always be Lux Arcadia to me!
Apr 2, 12:02 PM

Jun 2017
congrats.Bet late Abe san would be proud
Apr 2, 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
Congratulations! :)
Apr 2, 3:28 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
@Yubisoft I don't live in Japan, but from what I've heard, the main reasons for the falling birth rate are a culture of excessive workaholism, high costs of raising a family (especially given the "wife shouldn't work" approach) and "herbivorous men" who are afraid of modern women and instead will be preferred to the idealize some waifu. I'm not even talking about all the trends from West, when some female celebrities convince girls that they should prefer a career and individualism to starting a family. So, from the outside it looks like more of a social problem than an economic one.
@RobertBobert
that's just not true. the economy is built around economically active couples. and both need to be earning a lot to afford a house, so of course women are forced to wait to start families. it's all linked, and not due to internet celebs. there's also a long wage stagnation from the point of pregnancy, and much more.
also, how on Earth would it be fair for men to carry the burden of a household and provide for the wife and a kid? do you expect men to work 12h days and have kids at 25 ?
Pistachiocookie8Apr 2, 3:32 PM
Apr 2, 3:31 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Pistachiocookie8
@RobertBobert
that's just not true. the economy is built around economically active couples. and both need to be earning a lot to afford a house, so of course women are forced to wait to start families. it's all linked, and not due to internet celebs. there's also a long wage stagnation from the point of pregnancy, and much more.
also, how on Earth would it be fair for men to carry the burden of a household and provide for the wife and a kid? do you expect men to work 12h days and have kids at 25 ?
@Pistachiocookie8 Why are you trying to explain this to me? I am not Japanese and do not live in Japan.
Apr 2, 7:05 PM
May 2015
Congratulations Ms Tamura, may you have a happy married life.
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

Jan 2020
I only know her for her roles in Kobayashi dragon maid and stone ocean but Congratulations
:)

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - 5 hours ago

0 by Aiimee »»
5 hours ago

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
6 hours ago

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.