Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 31, 7:20 PM
Aug 2020
Spoiler

This is the funniest i have made so far lol

let's unpack why Light Yagami, our fave (or maybe hate?) character from Death Note, went full-on dark side.

Superiority Complex and Messiah Complex: Light's, like, super smart, but also thinks he's the only one who can fix the world. This superiority complex makes him believe he's basically playing God, creating a perfect world without crime... by offing people. Yikes.

Narcissism and Grandiosity: Light craves attention like nobody's business. He gets off on the whole Kira thing, even though he low-key pretends to help catch Kira while secretly loving the mind games. Classic drama king move.

Started Out Lit, Ended Up Glitch: Light's whole "good world" goal gets twisted faster than you can say. He starts icing anyone who even side-eyes him, blurring the lines between criminals and anyone who just disagrees with his, like, super judgey moral code. Dude went from hero wannabe to full-on villain with a superiority complex the size of my problem.

Possible Daddy Issues or should i say Oedipus Complex: Some folks say Light might have unresolved issues with his dad, who's a cop. Light's whole thing is rebelling against the law, and his competition with L, another brainiac, could be seen as a fight for dominance. Freud would have a field day.

Mask 🎭 Two Faced For Real: Light's the master of keeping it real on the outside. Perfect grades, nice to his fam, everything. But underneath that mask is a dude who thinks he can literally rewrite the rules of life and death. Talk about dark.

Nature vs. Nurture: The show doesn't tell us much about Light's childhood. Maybe his smarts and boredom made him susceptible to the Death Note's power, or maybe something bad happened that made him want this messed-up the world. Who knows?

The bottom line is Light's a complex character. He's both super smart and totally cray cray. His descent into darkness is a wild ride that makes us question ambition, power, and what happens when good intentions go bad.
egosumjohnMar 31, 7:28 PM
Mar 31, 8:03 PM

Jul 2022
how tf is that gen Z slang πŸ’€

Mar 31, 8:06 PM
Aug 2020
KingOfMAL said:

I can't make it in full slangs as it would affect the meaning and the purpose of psychoanalysis i just added some spice to it. it's not on me bro if you can't identify the slangs πŸ’€.
Mar 31, 8:10 PM

Jul 2022
egosumjohn said:
KingOfMAL said:

I can't make it in full slangs as it would affect the meaning and the purpose of psychoanalysis i just added some spice to it. it's not on me bro if you can't identify the slangs πŸ’€.

Nuffin makes any sense ur r-worded asf πŸ’€ „psychoanalysis“ go play with play-doh ninja
KingOfMALMar 31, 8:14 PM

Mar 31, 8:12 PM

Jan 2022
The post claims to psychoanalyze Light Yagami in Gen Z slang but didn't mention anything about his rizz πŸ’€
Mar 31, 8:13 PM
Aug 2020
KingOfMAL said:
egosumjohn said:

Nuffin makes any sense ur r-worded asf πŸ’€

that's some offensive beef you got there hahaha. i hope you're ok and doing well.
Mar 31, 8:14 PM
Jun 2021
Out of context.......

(But I am happy to see my MAL mobile phone application back to normal)
Mar 31, 8:20 PM
Aug 2020
i hope MAL Staff don't take it down. it's still helpful isn't it? to be able to understand how the mind of light works hahaha.
Mar 31, 8:40 PM
Jan 2023
nice and funny analysis FR
Mar 31, 8:51 PM

Mar 2018
are you trying to make fun of gen z slang? it's not really working.
Mar 31, 9:32 PM
Jul 2023
I like it, good jobπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Mar 31, 9:46 PM
Aug 2020
PoisonedSandwich said:

hmm not in a bad way lol since I'm gen z too.
Mar 31, 10:09 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to egosumjohn
PoisonedSandwich said:

hmm not in a bad way lol since I'm gen z too.
@egosumjohn What's Gen Z anyways?
Mar 31, 10:26 PM

Jun 2021
i got a better one, took me barely 2 minutes

Light: nah bro ong yall ohio ass mf get me feelin devious, i'm the goat, the sigma, the walking W so imma fanum tax the shit out of these monkeys. these mf straight up monkeys, so obsessed with rizz and gyatt, i don't need that shit, lowtiergod yourself bitches, you think we the same creatures AINTNOWAY get yo ass outa here imma need to lock in if i wanna cook, only a sigma like me can do this, this goofy ahh mf L gonna get flexed on so hard
Mar 31, 11:00 PM
Dec 2022
bro are u restarted?☠️ using complex words aint gonna make it funny man
Mar 31, 11:00 PM
Sep 2022
nice πŸ‘ analysis man
Mar 31, 11:01 PM
Dec 2022
mohamedo_abuduru said:

Light: nah bro ong yall ohio ass mf get me feelin devious, i'm the goat, the sigma, the walking W so imma fanum tax the shit out of these monkeys. these mf straight up monkeys, so obsessed with rizz and gyatt, i don't need that shit, lowtiergod yourself bitches, you think we the same creatures AINTNOWAY get yo ass outa here imma need to lock in if i wanna cook, only a sigma like me can do this, this goofy ahh mf L gonna get flexed on so hard

the first sentence made me laugh more than bros entire paragraph😭
Apr 1, 12:38 AM
Aug 2020
Nice but could have been better. Possibly better if you used something like "Yeah but Light still got sum rizz he def pulling all them bad bitches. Bro pulled the blonde shawty and used her to fool the feds" Don't know man i'm not even american πŸ˜‚
Apr 1, 6:55 AM
Sep 2020
light's ending is a double L (pun intended) + ratio + no rizz + demon gyatt
Apr 1, 8:17 AM
Dec 2018
egosumjohn said:
Spoiler

This is the funniest i have made so far lol

let's unpack why Light Yagami, our fave (or maybe hate?) character from Death Note, went full-on dark side.

Superiority Complex and Messiah Complex: Light's, like, super smart, but also thinks he's the only one who can fix the world. This superiority complex makes him believe he's basically playing God, creating a perfect world without crime... by offing people. Yikes.

Narcissism and Grandiosity: Light craves attention like nobody's business. He gets off on the whole Kira thing, even though he low-key pretends to help catch Kira while secretly loving the mind games. Classic drama king move.

Started Out Lit, Ended Up Glitch: Light's whole "good world" goal gets twisted faster than you can say. He starts icing anyone who even side-eyes him, blurring the lines between criminals and anyone who just disagrees with his, like, super judgey moral code. Dude went from hero wannabe to full-on villain with a superiority complex the size of my problem.

Possible Daddy Issues or should i say Oedipus Complex: Some folks say Light might have unresolved issues with his dad, who's a cop. Light's whole thing is rebelling against the law, and his competition with L, another brainiac, could be seen as a fight for dominance. Freud would have a field day.

Mask 🎭 Two Faced For Real: Light's the master of keeping it real on the outside. Perfect grades, nice to his fam, everything. But underneath that mask is a dude who thinks he can literally rewrite the rules of life and death. Talk about dark.

Nature vs. Nurture: The show doesn't tell us much about Light's childhood. Maybe his smarts and boredom made him susceptible to the Death Note's power, or maybe something bad happened that made him want this messed-up the world. Who knows?

The bottom line is Light's a complex character. He's both super smart and totally cray cray. His descent into darkness is a wild ride that makes us question ambition, power, and what happens when good intentions go bad.

I will not give opinions if this is Gen Z or not. Regardless, I like your post. Cheers! Hahahaha.
Apr 1, 11:12 AM
Mar 2023
mohamedo_abuduru said:

love it allπŸ˜† but ur psychoanalysis isnt quite psychoanalyzing
Apr 1, 12:41 PM
Jan 2019
I mean I think you’re spot on with the analysis but I was expecting this to be more poorly worded and short (if we’re talking gen z slang)

It’s so funny to me how you were just too coherent. Gen z slang makes no sense. I’m gen z but I still don’t understand so much. I had to ask my friends what rizz and baddie mean.

Idk I think gen z say things in the shortest way possible
Apr 1, 12:51 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
It's a good effort, but it's too long, bro. You've overestimated the attention span of your target demographic. Make it like two paragraphs long, in size 22 font, with a bunch of colours and emojis, and spruced throughout put some family guy clips or something. That will help keep the retention.
DreamWindowApr 1, 1:09 PM

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Apr 1, 9:00 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to DonladTurps
mohamedo_abuduru said:

love it allπŸ˜† but ur psychoanalysis isnt quite psychoanalyzing
@DonladTurps exactly, hollow skull iphone kids prob can't even spell their own name anymore, let alone know what psychoanalyzing means
Apr 1, 10:32 PM
Aug 2020
so, good day everyone, i think you might have confused incorporating few gen z slangs and gen z lingo (language) wherein gen z language literally transform the whole language into gen z (like the trending gen z bible) and gen z slangs means using some words of gen z but not transforming the whole. at least this is my understanding of it. i hope you all understand.

example:

1. gen z slangs

Light Yagami isn't exactly rocking a "fire" outfit every day, but he's got that whole "clean-cut" vibe on lock. Think dark wash jeans (skinny, obvs), a crisp white button-up (always tucked in, natch), and a cool white jacket that screams "I'm smart and, like, low-key dangerous." His hair is dark and messy in a way that seems effortless, but you know he probably spends way too long trying to get it just right. Basically, he's the ultimate "school shooter with good grades" aesthetic.

2. gen z lingo

Light Yagami? More like Light Yagami slayyying the "academic tryhard" look. This dude's wardrobe is all about that "dark academia" aesthetic, like he stepped out of a Pinterest board. We're talking black turtleneck, oversized blazer (gotta look boss, duh), and ripped skinny jeans that say "I'm brooding but also low-key wanna smash." His hair is jet black and always messy, like he just rolled out of bed and conquered the LSAT in his sleep (because, like, he totally would). Basically, he's the ultimate "high key sus but also kinda hot" vibe.
egosumjohnApr 1, 10:46 PM
Apr 9, 10:31 AM
Mar 2024
mo_lave said:
The post claims to psychoanalyze Light Yagami in Gen Z slang but didn't mention anything about his rizz πŸ’€

fr, didn’t even tell them about how light literally fanum tax people including the level 10 gyatts from ohio!
Apr 10, 1:30 PM

Mar 2024
This is very embarrasing, lmao.
γƒ©γƒΌγƒ‘γƒ³ι£Ÿγ„γ«θ‘Œγ“γ†γœο½ž
Apr 10, 6:53 PM
Aug 2020
Sorachin said:
This is very embarrasing, lmao.

ok, and so? thank you for commenting
Apr 30, 1:30 PM
Nov 2023
mo_lave said:

You're right because how did he bag Misa?? 😭

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kei-clone - Mar 21, 2007

121 by misterskinny »»
Apr 27, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 26, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 14, 2007

110 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 7, 2007

132 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

109 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.