Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Ore dake Level Up na Ken' Announced

New
Mar 30, 9:51 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A second season for the Ore dake Level Up na Ken (Solo Leveling) television anime was announced following the broadcast of its 12th and final episode on Sunday. The second season will debut under the title Ore dake Level Up na Ken Season 2: Arise from the Shadow (Solo Leveling Season 2: Arise from the Shadow).

Produced by A-1 Pictures, the anime series adapting Chugong and DUBU's action adventure manhwa premiered on January 7. Crunchyroll streamed the anime with subtitles and later with English dub.

Chugong originally began Solo Leveling as a web novel on the Kakao website, which was published in 14 volumes by D&C Media from July 2016 to March 2018. The manhwa drawn by DUBE began in Kakao in March 2018 and ended in May 2023. The ninth and final volume shipped in August that year.

Yen Press licensed the manhwa and web novel in English in August 2020 and released the eighth volume on January 23. The ninth volume is planned for an August 20 release.

Synopsis
Humanity was caught at a precipice a decade ago when the first gates—portals linked with other dimensions that harbor monsters immune to conventional weaponry—emerged around the world. Alongside the appearance of the gates, various humans were transformed into hunters and bestowed superhuman abilities. Responsible for entering the gates and clearing the dungeons within, many hunters chose to form guilds to secure their livelihoods.

Sung Jin-Woo is an E-rank hunter dubbed as the weakest hunter of all mankind. While exploring a supposedly safe dungeon, he and his party encounter an unusual tunnel leading to a deeper area. Enticed by the prospect of treasure, the group presses forward, only to be confronted with horrors beyond their imagination. Miraculously, Jin-Woo survives the incident and soon finds that he now has access to an interface visible only to him. This mysterious system promises him the power he has long dreamed of—but everything comes at a price. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Announcement PV

Official site: https://sololeveling-anime.net/
Official X (Twitter): @sololeveling_pr

Source: Moca News

Ore dake Level Up na Ken Season 2: Arise from the Shadow on MAL

Mar 30, 9:52 AM

Feb 2021
It was known from the beginning.
Mar 30, 10:13 AM

Feb 2021
I think this was planned from the start, so not surprising.
Mar 30, 10:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Heard it made decent money, so I'm not particularly surprised but pleased nonetheless. It definitely seemed to be gearing up for something big, and I'm looking forward to theme songs that'll be just as good as its predecessors or better.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 30, 10:29 AM

May 2021
Is there even one person(fan of season 1 or not )that did not expect this to have a season 2 announcement immediately after the end of season 1 ?

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Mar 30, 10:30 AM

May 2020
The main bits.. the hyped ones will be there in the second season. And I think they'd adapt till the first season of the manhwa.

Though hope we do get it this year only lol.
Mar 30, 10:32 AM

Jan 2009
the leaks are true it was said to be split cours from the beginning but i hope there at least a third season to finish the story or if they will not rush it then another 2 cours for the final arc instead
Mar 30, 10:51 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to deg
the leaks are true it was said to be split cours from the beginning but i hope there at least a third season to finish the story or if they will not rush it then another 2 cours for the final arc instead
@deg, yes, it seems so.
Mar 30, 11:20 AM
Sep 2023
A second season was all ready foreshadowed 🗿. Okiro!!!!!!!
Mar 30, 11:21 AM
Sep 2023
A second season was already foreshadowed 🗿. Okiro!!!!!!!
Mar 30, 11:28 AM

Jun 2011
Always nice to see manhwa anime doing well, gives me hope that more will get adapted. Fingers crossed for The Breaker adaptation.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 30, 12:12 PM

Mar 2014
Still wonder HOW they will even adapt Jeju Island, as Japanese people are voicing and animating this adaptation, and, you know, their nation ARE the bad guys there. Just plain old jerks...

On the other hand, this is a issue for a hypothetical season 3, unless they rush the hell out of it this time.

Oh, well, SL stopped being entertaining to me a little after Ingris, funny how every1 I know thinks the "ARISE" is when the "real SL" starts. 2 me, it marks the MC becoming a guy you just know will never have a serious lose, and his cold edgy personality gets kinda grading to me as well...good luck to those who like the series, anyway.

SSS-Class Revival Hunter adaptation when? You know, the Solo Leveling clone who is better in plot evolution and char developments than the OG, alongside Omniscient Reader (but this one is kinda confirmed)...hell, this other one is kinda lame, but Max Level Newbie would be a hell of dumb fun, as long as gets lot of episodes/seasons to get to the funny parts.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Mar 30, 1:56 PM
Aug 2022
We knew this would be receiving S2
Mar 30, 2:12 PM
May 2015
We all saw it coming;
the question is, tho, when will it be aired?!
Mar 30, 2:27 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I guess I'll just say "yay" for now :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 30, 3:24 PM
Oct 2023
LET FUCKING GOOO
We getting jujur island with this one🗣🗣🗣🔥🔥🔥
Mar 30, 3:42 PM
Jul 2021
W anime, looking forward to the next season.
Mar 30, 4:50 PM
Aug 2021
I hope the second season is even more exciting than the first, I want more moments of Jin-woo freaking out
Mar 30, 5:03 PM

Aug 2010
Not surprised; I only wish MASHLE and Ragna Crimson got the same treatment.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 30, 5:25 PM
Downhill Ace

Oct 2020
ABSOLUTE HYPE!!!
Mar 30, 5:44 PM

Jul 2019
Good news. I bet season 2 will be even better. I was a bit afraid at first but this anime did a great job in more ways than one.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Mar 30, 6:04 PM
Jan 2017
Reply to malvarez1
Not surprised; I only wish MASHLE and Ragna Crimson got the same treatment.
@malvarez1 Mashle was done pretty well imo. At the end of the day it is a gag manga, but A-1 Pictures did really well in the fights that truly matter. They were lowkey spectacles imo.
Mar 30, 6:06 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to DarkHearTeDD
We all saw it coming;
the question is, tho, when will it be aired?!
at the earliest fall of this year
Mar 31, 7:09 AM

Jul 2017
I was waiting for it to finish so I could finally binge this masterpiece. S2 announcement is another dream that I couldn't be more excited about!!

Mar 31, 9:24 AM
Nov 2021
Season 1 last ep was really good and I'm waiting for s2, excited
Mar 31, 10:01 AM
Aug 2022
i dont think i will continue the series
Mar 31, 10:10 AM

Nov 2017
OMG I can't wait!!
Mar 31, 11:20 PM
Jan 2024
ARISE 🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 2, 7:34 AM

Oct 2017
Jeju island here we go.

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - 5 hours ago

0 by Aiimee »»
5 hours ago

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
5 hours ago

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.