Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 6:28 AM
Mar 2023
Cheap copy of dragon dogma ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Mar 31, 6:51 AM

Apr 2009
Saved by a penalty, that's new! LOL And he got time to recover a bit, rearm and clear his head to finally analyze and strategize what he was up against instead of mindlessly going through useless mooks.

Necromancer with assassins skills and a unique summon who's also leading a small company of other summons. The Shadow Monarch huh? Sounds presumptuous but hopefully we'll get another season to see him flex his new powers, skills and abilities with that title.

If the monsters from Jeju are evolving then all of the Hunters or the humanity at large must evolve as well, if not then at least go to arms race against the monsters to even out the odds, or else their world is done for.

7/10 Almost generic plot as an isekai but I was still entertained none the less, and looking forward to more seasons.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 31, 6:51 AM

Jan 2008
Animators defintely carrying the show. Season 2 Chimera Ant arc less gooooooo.
Mar 31, 7:13 AM
Mar 2024
good anime you can watch
Mar 31, 7:19 AM
Jun 2021
I had great fun with Solo Leveling definitely surpassed my expectations and we have a confirmation for cour-2
Mar 31, 7:32 AM
Mar 2024
Such a last episode of a season soo loved.

and the iconic Arise is the most epic scene i've ever seen!!!!!!!
Mar 31, 7:37 AM

Jun 2021
The last 2 episodes only increased the hype, glad I stuck to it, off to season 2. ARISE!!
Mar 31, 8:03 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Dukino
First 2 episodes were cool but became more and more lame as time went on.

Jinwoo is the definition of power fantasy for lame bros that want to he badass. Jinwoo is dumb as it gets but still comes out on top for no reason
@Dukino you just summed up the entire anime universe lol, why do you watch anime?
Mar 31, 8:06 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to FinLuke
Man, I was expecting "Arise" to be some insane climax to a fight but it's just him saying it for the first time, lol. Though I suppose we might get a moment like that later on.

All in all, the story and characters were ok at best and I was especially bothered by how they were setting up the Hunter Association and its S-Rank hunters for the entire duration of the season and there ended up being zero payoff for that here. So yeah...

But visuals, music, sound design etc.: OUTSTANDING. What A-1 Pictures has produced here is exactly to my taste when it comes to anime audiovisuals. That includes the way fights are animated and shot. Jin Woo vs Igrisa was better than any fight from 2023 for me. So if the studio retains this quality level, I'm all in for Season 2.
@FinLuke Arise is just the beginning....the foundation of what he is and will become. It will make more sense in the future. What you really want to ask yourself why is he the only one playing this game, what is the purpose, why him?
Mar 31, 8:14 AM

Oct 2008
Reply to Vindicater
@akihikosama

I really liked how brutal it got at the end. Jin Woo just a fucking maniac/.
@Vindicater Yeah the fight was really well done.
Mar 31, 8:17 AM
Sep 2021
My thoughts on this episode in short, it was an amazing "Arise". See you all in S2
Mar 31, 8:27 AM
Jul 2022
feels like a mid-season episode instead of a finale
Mar 31, 8:42 AM
May 2021
unreal. completely worth the watch and cannot wait for more to come.
Mar 31, 10:39 AM

Jul 2020
That last episode gave me goosebumps especially the part where he mentioned arise and just like that the season is over 12 episodes gone by really fast. anyway it's one of the best anime this year that's for sure time to read the manhwa and play the video game too
Mar 31, 10:41 AM
Jan 2021
fuck okiro arise better
Mar 31, 11:15 AM
Apr 2023
the best anime ever
Mar 31, 11:52 AM
Apr 2016
I don t remember in the manwha he also had these hallucinations of his coworkers and himself before the end of the fight?
Mar 31, 11:59 AM
Dec 2020
!!!INSANE FREAKING EPISODE ARISEEEEE THANKS A1 PICTURES PLEASE KEEP THIS QUALITY OF ANIMATION ITS GOODDDD
Mar 31, 12:20 PM
Jan 2017
Pretty good end for this season. Can't wait for second season.
Mar 31, 12:23 PM
Mar 2024
Dope anime. 10/10.
Mar 31, 12:35 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Franck_Nicolas
I don t remember in the manwha he also had these hallucinations of his coworkers and himself before the end of the fight?
Franck_Nicolas said:

It was in the manhwa, and it was longer with more people appearing than in the anime.
Mar 31, 12:58 PM
Nov 2020
Dublagem sem graça no momento mais importante para a história...
Mar 31, 12:59 PM
Dec 2022
It was mid. Tbh the VA could have easily used Engrishu "ARISE" with his low voice and would have sold the entire plot on summoning new shadows. Now have to listen to this "okiro" voice. The ending was confusing based on LN and Manhwa, they either cut a lot of content about the ants, or they will introduce it in Season 3 as a movie entire Jeju island Arc.
Mar 31, 1:01 PM

Aug 2008
I admit I was thinking "Arise" would be said in English, not quite the same in Japanese. Oh well, its been a fun watch, solid 8/10 show.
Mar 31, 1:59 PM
Jan 2024
good end but......
Mar 31, 2:04 PM
Jan 2023
Reply to Icceman
Are people in this thread trolling hard or I am missing something that only manhwa readers feel? The moment he said "Arise" was nothing special, just like the whole episode. Overall, since the season's finally ended, I can't get the grasp of how it has anywhere above 8/10 rating (I mean, I know it's MAL with its peculiar ranking, but still). To each their own, I suppose. We all have different tastes, but for myself, it's pretty much one of the most overhyped anime by the die hard manhwa fanbase I've ever watched. 7/10 from me and I can only hope the second season will deliver.
@Icceman Solo Leveling has been acquiring a massive fanbase for years. It’s one of the most successful webtoons ever created. I’m not surprised it has over an 8/10. People have been waiting for this anime adaptation forever and it’s a pretty good representation of the source material.
Mar 31, 3:58 PM
Dec 2023
Don't know what was up with the weird grunts, but good ending.
Mar 31, 4:30 PM
Jan 2024
najs bratku i tyle co omge napisaฤ‡ joล‚ joล‚

Mar 31, 4:55 PM
Jan 2012
Amazing anime such a good difference from all these issekai genres
Mar 31, 5:38 PM
Oct 2019
ARISE!!
Hell Yeahh
The Shadow is here.

Great finale...
I think this might be the first Manhwa Anime Adaptation that received this positive right?

Anyway 8/10 for me.
I'm Looking foward to Season 2, can't wait for the Jeju Island Arc.
Mar 31, 6:02 PM
Aug 2016
I have enjoyed this anime enough to watch it all of a sudden. All animes that deal with D&D have the challenge of surpassing all those that have already emerged, being creative, original, etc. I really liked this last episode, the Necromancer thing is cool, although it is somewhat strange that it is the system that chooses which class the protagonist should be. As if he had to be a Necromancer because his true self has already died. And who was that double? It was not a dream nor his consciousness, he has his own consciousness and it seemed that he knew what the system was, although the double phase did not know that his old self still existed.

From the first moment it is known that the level a Hunter acquires is predetermined by birth, but that there can be second awakenings, I imagined that we already knew what was going to happen. From an E-class to an S+ class surely. However, I did not expect the clause: pact with the devil. Furthermore, the transformation has not been easy, the leveling has involved many things, although the system also forced the protagonist to kill. A shame that his possible romance with the healer could not develop.

Looking forward to the second season, especially because it seems that suddenly the old man knows something about the second awakenings and what the hell happened on that Island is still relevant. Nor have we been told how the gates open.As for the system, it is somewhat scary to think about. If there is a game master behind it, what or who is it? If there is no one behind it, would it mean that the gates and what is inside them have a life of their own? It reminds me of certain reminiscences of World Trigger and Log Horizon. Of course these animes are different and have many more episodes, but I can't objectively give them the same rating.

I think this first season is interesting enough for me to consider watching a second, but despite being somewhat solid, I don't see any unique or original elements at the moment that I haven't seen before.

@Vooo
Vooo said:
@FinLuke Arise is just the beginning....the foundation of what he is and will become. It will make more sense in the future. What you really want to ask yourself why is he the only one playing this game, what is the purpose, why him?
This is very very interesting.
BaronLukisMar 31, 6:11 PM
Mar 31, 7:46 PM
Dec 2023
Arise........................
Mar 31, 8:16 PM
Jan 2024
this is insane๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Mar 31, 9:26 PM
Mar 2015
The shadow army has arisen
Apr 1, 12:01 AM
Jan 2024
BEST ANIME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Apr 1, 12:40 AM
Jun 2019
Last episode was epic. :) I look forward to the next season.
Apr 1, 2:16 AM
Jul 2023
Epic Episode the last lines were So Amazing Defend me instead of the empty throne
Apr 1, 3:11 AM
Jun 2022
"Solo leveling".....-> "solo talking" (you talk too much)
Apr 1, 6:00 AM
Dec 2023
Pretty nice episode
Apr 1, 9:30 AM
Mar 2024
A Really good ending, to be honest
Apr 1, 9:45 AM
Geass
Apr 2020
im so disappointed that they haven't had him say arise in english for that dramatic affect the same way shadow says "I am Atomic", just thought that would have slapped
๐ผ๐’ป ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐‘œ๐’น ๐’ถ๐“‰ ๐“ˆ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“Œ๐’ฝ๐“Ž ๐’น๐‘œ ๐’พ๐“‰ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ป๐“‡๐‘’๐‘’

https://i.imgur.com/qTzFIST.jpg
Apr 1, 9:52 AM
Sep 2023
Bloody brilliant.
Apr 1, 10:19 AM
Jul 2008
What a ride! Need the 2nd season ASAP!
Apr 1, 11:09 AM
Nov 2022
There is a second season confirmed!

It ends well, it's ok, it correctly presents what will happen in the next season, all that remains is to wait.
Apr 1, 11:36 AM

Nov 2012
"ARISE FOR SEASON 2 แ•ฆ(ò_óห‡)แ•ค"

Apr 1, 1:32 PM

Nov 2011
i liked animation and references to gaming.

I wonder what will happen when he will be waking up his little sister, and he says "Okirou!". xp
Apr 1, 1:37 PM

Mar 2020
something is arising and it isnt jinwoo's english
Apr 1, 3:21 PM
Mar 2024
Only one word needed: ARISE
Apr 1, 3:32 PM
Sep 2016
Shadow Wizard Money Gang
Legalize nuclear bombs~
Solo Leveling "I am Atomic"
We love casting spells!
Apr 1, 7:11 PM
Jul 2021
It's getting so good, I cannot wait for part 2 ugh
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

259 by ginumura »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

164 by Code0018 »»
Yesterday, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

300 by Lambofgenesis »»
Yesterday, 8:11 PM

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

25 by 1000-MAT »»
Yesterday, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

223 by Code0018 »»
May 13, 11:08 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.