Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 9:45 AM
Nov 2015
Been waiting for this a long time!
zetjexMar 29, 10:08 AM
Mar 29, 9:49 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Konosuba is back and it's great to see the gang in its entirety.

Kazuma has PTSD and considers a new life as a monk, while Aqua just wants to drink and mess with him.

But luckily enough, some touching moments with Megumin and a few hilarious chance encounters, may change his mind about leaving the adventuring life.

The episode ends with an enticing invitation (to everyone except for Darkness) and all in all, a very nice first episode and return to form for the series.

Honestly, I didn't really feel the need for more konosuba and dropped the Megumin spin-off, which i thought was not very good, but this episode was pretty enjoyable and has me feeling optimistic about this season.
Mar 29, 9:50 AM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
This is a gift from the Gods to compensate us for not having Frieren this Friday, folks. Eat well!

The new art is fine, the voice acting is sublime yet again, everything is set for another grand season.
Mar 29, 9:55 AM

Mar 2021
Waited so long for the gang to return and this didn't disappoint such an hilarious start.
Mar 29, 10:17 AM

Jul 2017
Novelist Natsume Akatsuki's KonoSuba series is back after 7 long years, now from Studio Deen to Drive, after a successful hand-off from the Megumin spin-off.

Hi DES, it's Kazuma, back in the flesh!

After the events of the Legend of Crimson movie saving Megumin's Crimson Demon Village, Kazuma and the gang are back into Axel having a meal. But Kazuma wanting to join the Axis Church and change into a monk, he's got all of the suave, but as always, never fails to throw insults on Aqua, Megumin and Darkness. At least for both Kazuma and Megumin, their whole ordeal back in her village was a story to live for.

A Tranquility Girl where Kazuma's Enemy Detection is raising levels, the girls want to take care of it so badly, but her pleas are also killing Kazuma devoid of her situation where she may be a monster, but hopes to ever talk to humans for once. But just as he suspected, the dryad girl shows her true colors, where Kazuma witnessed everything...along with a dead person's mallet that dispenses gold coins to their benefit...that is until the mallet is gone, and Kazuma reverts back to normal.

Darkness's aide Hagen coming to find them out of urgency from Princess Iris inviting them for a dinner reception...and they accepted it without any hesitation.

A great start to comedy, though Machico's OP this season is the weakest of the series thus far.
KANLen09Apr 20, 1:42 AM
Mar 29, 10:20 AM

Dec 2021
It's been seven long years since Konosuba graced our screens, save for the Megumin spinoff. But now, we're back, steering away from Studio Deen and into the hands of Studio Drive.

Machico returns in typical Konosuba style, rocking the OP. However, this is the weakest of the three. Still, it's not bad.

After defeating Sylvia, one of the eight generals of the Devil King, Kazuma and the gang return to the mansion and head to the guild for some food, as they're receiving a reward from the Crimson Demon Village. While at the guild, Kazuma decides to join the faith and become a monk. He explains that there was a point when he thought his springtime had come, yet here he was, alone. So he asks Luna for directions to the nearest strict temple, which she provides, and Kazuma begins his journey, despite the rest of the gang urging him to reconsider.

Crunchyroll's having an insider aside, first things first: you NEED to watch the movie. Anyways, it's nice to see the gang together again. Kazuma's monk idea was surprising, but thankfully, it didn't stick. And those running jokes (yep, Kazuma) are back, along with the hope for progress between Kazuma and Megumin. Also, did Chris really swipe the infinite gold hammer? Seems odd. Kazuma probably took care of the plant monster, but anyway, it's great to have these guys back. It's like they never left. Aqua's advice about being human is oddly wise.

A good return to base, and it's great to see these idiots back for another ride. Now, it's time for our gang's age to begin at this royal meeting. This season is going to be so much fun.
IzanaSolosMar 29, 5:43 PM

Mar 29, 10:52 AM

Feb 2021
HOLUP WHAT WHY IS THIS OUT. The subs have Crunchyroll's font, so was it their leak or smth? I don't see it on the site though, maybe they immediately removed it.
Wanted to spend the day catching up on Hibike! Euphonium, but oh well.

I didn't know I missed Kazuma so much, I love him ToT
4:45 I remember this guy! He was always saying stuff that sounds profound, but didn't actually do anything.

Smiled the whole episode, I love it already.
Mar 29, 10:52 AM

Jun 2021
Thank you CR for being a crappy site! Keep getting them released early lmao
Mar 29, 11:18 AM
Jul 2023
Kinosuba is back!
Mar 29, 11:20 AM

Sep 2021
Leaked early!

This foursome is one of the best isekais out there.
The jokes, the laughter, the troubles, everything else make it wholesome.

Too good for a start!
Mar 29, 11:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Definitely leaked but oh well, guess I'll take it

Been a long time coming but very welcome to have it back again. Can't wait to see Iris animated after all these years
Mar 29, 11:32 AM
Feb 2022
Thank the gods for leaking this one so early, my day is 10 times better 🙏
Mar 29, 11:58 AM
Jul 2015
Pretty interesting how they adapted parts of novel 5 they skipped that happened before the movie but still tied it in chronologically, they just put the first few chapters of book 5 at the end now. Been a while since I read it.

I think they wasted an episode on stuff that should have remained skipped. It was still funny but we have 2 minutes of book 6 stuff and there are 17 books total
YoshiYogurtMar 29, 12:02 PM
Mar 29, 12:41 PM

Nov 2009
The Konosuba gang is back Kazuma des ! LETS GOOO
Hi !!!
Mar 29, 12:49 PM
Aug 2021
Great to be back boys
Mar 29, 1:19 PM

Dec 2018
It's been a while and I couldn't be happier. That plant monster even had me going even though I knew it was BS.
Mar 29, 2:11 PM

Apr 2014
Kazuma's shocking memories (they push from behind xd
Mar 29, 3:22 PM

Mar 2013
They really went all out with the jokes this EP1.
They're really milking it. 🥲

I guess I won't post an image since it's a leak... Seriously, that firecamp is too amazing.
CrazyButNot4UMar 29, 3:27 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 29, 3:33 PM
Oct 2020
This was so much better than the movie thankfully
Mar 29, 3:57 PM
Mar 2024
Watched it and I don't feel it lives up to the hype. A lot of the humor feels over the top and outright forced. Which isn't good for a comedy anime. Kazuma definitely carries. We have gotten to used to the other 3 girls, they feel more like background characters. Animation doesn't look like it improved at all.
Mar 29, 4:01 PM

Jun 2014
How the fuck did this leak a week and a half early LMFAOOOO
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 29, 4:34 PM
Mar 2017
What can I say apart from, they still got it
Mar 29, 4:47 PM
Mar 2019
The gang is back with a soft start to the new season. Of course, Kazuma starts it off with so many hilarious moments. That mallet though...hayst. These guys just can't catch a break.
Mar 29, 5:04 PM

Jun 2013
The GOAT is back
Less gooooo
Mar 29, 6:21 PM

Jun 2023
CR leaks are probably going to negatively affect everyone in the future.

Anyways great first episode, it's been some time.
lingojkMar 30, 12:38 AM
Mar 29, 6:51 PM
Jan 2021
konosuba is back and it feels like it never left, poor kazuma had PTSD.

looks like crunchy roll messed up big time.
Mar 29, 7:45 PM
Mar 2020
they didn't skip a single beat
i hope re zero's return is as good as this
isekai is back baby
Mar 29, 8:46 PM
Mar 2023
Can someone tell me what Kazuma did to Megumin after she slept?
at this Episode 11:00
Mar 29, 8:51 PM
Mar 2019
Did Chris steal the Gold when she brushed past Kazuma??
Early but welcome.
Mar 29, 9:32 PM

Jun 2015
The best comedy of all time RETURNS!!!!! I'M SO HYPED! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Kazuma killing that female monster like the CHAD he is! A true defender of gender equality!
Read Toriko!
Mar 29, 10:11 PM
Jun 2023
this is like friends friends friends like lol
Mar 29, 10:37 PM
Jul 2023
its only the first episode and im crying while laughing, the humor in this anime is top notch ngl
Mar 29, 10:37 PM
Jul 2023
KANLen09 said:
Ouch CR leaks...ouch...

?? arent you happy that we got to see the first episode 10 days ahead?
Mar 29, 11:32 PM

Jul 2020
has it always been a compilation of random stories? I don't think so...
also I feel like there used to be more fanservice and fewer ugly anime faces
I'm not sure, I don't really remember
anyways, it was funny enough
Mar 29, 11:52 PM
Aug 2022
They really upped the "insanity" with this season
Mar 30, 12:09 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to SweatyFingers
KANLen09 said:
Ouch CR leaks...ouch...

?? arent you happy that we got to see the first episode 10 days ahead?
@SweatyFingers because episode 2 is still in 17 days
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 30, 12:19 AM

Feb 2020
Crunchyroll really leaked the first episode 💀 They Gon get in some internal troubles for this one...

Well anyways despite that, KONOSUBA IS BACK BABYYYY. Still the same good ol konosuba. I'm so excited to see more content of my favorite dorks. I'm hyped to see Eris too this season! Will be goodddd.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 12:45 AM

Oct 2016
A shame this episode got leaked, it will just come with issues in the future, but hey I got no patience, so I watched the episode anyway, since already right in front of me.

But man, how I've missed KonoSuba, this episode was so good, Drive killed it, so I have high hopes for the rest of the season. The Megumin spinoff was unfortunately not enough to satisfy my KonoSuba craving, it was just okay. Don't get me wrong, I love Megumin, she's one of my favorite characters, but KonoSuba is KonoSuba when these 4 dorks are together, Megumin couldn't carry the spinoff by herself, but I am still glad we got it, cause it adds to her character.

I like that we continue directly where the movie left off, the Megumin dere is blossoming.

Tranquility girl was hilarious, the ticked off expressions were on point, I hope we see more tranquility girls.

Also, pretty sure Chris stole the hammer lmao.

Gonna have to wait longer for the next episode, since this episode isn't even supposed to be out yet, but the wait will be worth it.
Mar 30, 3:05 AM

Dec 2022
well this came out of no where

well i am finally getting it its so funny especially in the sub i originally watched on the dub the first 2 seasons and the movie but i have gerad the sub was much funnier and yes i did find the megumi prequal sub somewhat funny but that does not compare to this

its like i can feel the passion of the voice actors it makes the character feel more alive and makes this so funny

that plant girl was really driving me nuts and kazuma getting depressed because of getting PTSD and recovering was so funny as well
and now they head to the royal capital
Mar 30, 3:34 AM

Oct 2017
Another CR leak and I welcome it.

Konosuba's finally back, five years after the movie release and seven years from s2. Good to have this back.

Fun episode to start the season. Kazuma still traumatised from Sylvia. It would have been hilarious to see him as a monk. That cute little monster had them totally fooled. I can see why they fell for it though as I might have done the same. Unfortunately it was all an act but hey I like the gap. The princess invited them but why is Darkness so reluctant to meet her?

Good start to s3 and I'm looking forward to more.
MegamiRemApr 2, 2:58 AM
Mar 30, 4:24 AM
Jan 2020
Glad it didn't look like the Megumin spinoff
Apr 10, 12:33 AM
Jan 2018
Greatest episode in Konosuba history!
Apr 10, 1:22 AM

Feb 2018
Nice to see konosuba still being konosuba lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 10, 7:24 AM

Mar 2020
this anime is still the same brainrot 5 years later
funny tho
Apr 10, 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
It's a shame this got leaked so early from CR.

First episode though is still the glorious comedy that I remember. I think the peak was when that girl faked trying to be a damsel in distress only for Kazuma to realize the truth. He trusted his guts and he was right LOL

Character chemistry betwee our familiar cast is still there after these years. Welcome back Konosuba. I'm ready for a full season of entertainment!
Apr 10, 8:05 AM

Nov 2010
  • What was the reason that the sequel wasn't made for long time? Source material was drained?
  • Somehow I have the feeling that I saw that carnivorous plant story.
Apr 10, 8:28 AM

May 2020
When you see series like this, which were popular, a commercial success, but then get sequels after such a long interval, it kind of stops making sense. I know we got a movie and a spinoff in the meantime, but still, a full season of Konosuba hits something else.

The advocate of no-nonsense with ladies is back, and he’s already in the groove lol. Lot to look forward to this season, but yeah, now a new episode is coming next to next week. Leaks suck. Wonderful start.
Apr 10, 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
First episode of Konosuba season 3 is here and to be honest, this wasn't a good start, which is disappointing since I did enjoy the movie quite a bit. The idea of connecting the movie with the first episode here serving as a transition is fine (especially focusing on Kazuma being traumatized from the events of the movie). But the humor fell really flat for me for the most part, was just very loud and heavy-handed without evoking a single chuckle. The only real parts of the episode I thought was okay before the ending were Megumin and Kazuma's meeting with the campfire. The final couple minutes were nice as it begins the new arc in a setting that should be really fun to watch considering how Kazuma, Megumin and Aqua's personalities are and how they would be in a royal setting. I'm looking forward to the content from Volumes 6 and 7 of the light novels and this should get a lot better, but the start here was very, very rough to sit through. At least the visuals are pretty decent for a new season with another new studio (not counting the Megumin spinoff).
Apr 10, 8:42 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Quite the dream turned nightmare to have eh. Considering what Kazuma's been through having doubts is quite normal. Gaming with zero sleep defo is something that your average person can't do. That scene at the campfire though was amusing. Megumin was unintentially trolling him. That monster girl though sure proved to be a difficult problem. Looks like we get to finally meet Iris in person next ep. Overall a fun ep and a nice return to what Konosuba represents in term of comedy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 8:43 AM
Jun 2020
God, I laughed a lot, even this being the first time I watched this episode (I swear). Also, I think this is my favorite opening.

Pure gold!... better, PLATINA!!!!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8

151 by GroktheDestroyer »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15

146 by godavid10 »»
10 hours ago

» Translations are lacking this season.

Dashiva761 - May 2

39 by Mystogan14579 »»
Today, 10:23 AM

» Seeing a lot of complaints over the humor

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Apr 13

39 by Merve2Love »»
Today, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1

121 by Luthfi_0306 »»
Yesterday, 11:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.