Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 25, 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, I'm glad they gave Minami and Sayuri some time to bond even in the season finale. They didn't see eye to eye often so it was kinda charming to see them get along better. Oh, even Minami's mom made another appearance!

Obviously, Minami was all Tsubasa thought about this episode. Luckily, they got the chance to meet one more time and it was a sweet moment imo. Overall, a solid rom-com show that is straightforward and charming to watch imo.
Mar 25, 9:09 AM

Dec 2021
Staying at the hotel together... Sorry, but the other girls don't have a chance in the harem lol.

After discussing studying abroad, Tsubasa and Minami find themselves without a way to get home. Thanks to an introduction from a friend of Tsubasa's father, they were able to stay at a hotel. However, what started as a joke about a "sleepover date" became real, leaving the two nervous. Tsubasa soon found himself falling asleep. As time passed, the day of Minami's departure for studying abroad arrived. Unable to move as he wished to meet Minami right away, Tsubasa finds Minami's hairpin hidden in his bag. Feeling compelled to return it, as though he's been pushed from behind, Tsubasa runs to Minami's side.

Tsubasa's dad is seriously one of the best wingmen in anime, but Tsubasa himself needs to step up. He should've made a move on Minami before she left. Falling asleep is one thing, but Minami ditching him in a strange place? Not cool. And now they're adding more characters? Looks like a second season is on the way. No way they got two new VAs just for them to disappear lol. But hey, props to Tsubasa's dad for surprising us after all that drama with his strict grandma. And why hasn't Tsubasa even tried to contact Minami? It's no wonder people have trust issues. We were all hoping for a romantic moment between them, but instead, it's just "see you in two weeks." Disappointing.

Peak propaganda for Hokkaido, don't get me wrong, but other than that, this is just a generic romcom, and a really bad one at that.

Mar 25, 9:09 AM

Jul 2017
Both Tsubasa and Minami finding themselves in a hotel room after missing their last public transport out and the former having to rely on his father to bail them out, it sure got them out to safety, but instead sharing a room together for the night. It looks like the end of a grand date, but the real trouble is thereafter, which Tsubasa is always thinking of the (best but) worst possible outcome between him and Minami. And while waiting for her to finish her bath, Tsubasa fell asleep instead, and she defintely gave him her parting wish, plus a kiss.

Sayuri with her friends Asuka and Hina witnessing Minami with her mother...and a luggage, while Rena comes to visit Tsubasa's home for greetings while the latter just stares at the ceiling, Sayuri is not surprised, but even more that Minami's going studying abroad. With that notification, she messages Tsubasa, but even he didn't really know how to face her, for he might not be able to see her again. With a conviction, he convinces his father to send him to the nearby airport, which he does, what a wingman of a dad.

Deep within the recesses of her heart, Minami wishes that Tsubasa would come to see her, which he did...to give her back her hairpin, and also for his intentions. But Minami baits him with a 2-week short-term program, which is not quite the long fuss thankfully, and she's back in order once her program ends, being the same gal she is then and before.

What a show, a rom-com that transcends Japanese regions and culture.
KANLen09Mar 25, 7:43 PM
Mar 25, 10:23 AM

Aug 2017
So all this fuss for nothing..well I hate the "studying abroad" trope so I'm fine with it. And his dad at least seems like a chill person, unlike that grandma.

Chill romcom with a nice setting and a decent female cast but an absolute bland mc who gets flustered at the easiest things. Also mostly whenever this show has drama it's extremely awkward and not to mention the cringe the show has sometimes. And I heard that the drama gets even worse later on in the manga.
Mar 25, 10:35 AM

Jul 2011
Fuyuki pulling an "Ha ah! Gotcha!". Which was a great move. Let's bait the guy, and see if he want something more.

Healthy friendship/rivalry that Sayuri and Fuyuki have.
Mar 25, 10:42 AM

Feb 2021
Btw we haven't seen the characters at 1:21 in the OP yet, right? I bet this will get a season 2 announcement soon too.
Oh, and the moment I noticed them in the OP, they appear in the anime, hahaha...
9:07 柏餅 (kashiwa mochi lit. oak rice cake) - "a wagashi (Japanese confection) of white mochi surrounding a sweet anko (red bean paste) filling with a kashiwa (oak) leaf wrapped around it. Unlike the cherry blossom leaf used in sakura mochi, the oak (kashiwa) leaf used in kashiwa mochi is not eaten and used only to symbolize the prosperity of one's descendants."

9:09 Children's Day in Japan is May 5th. Kashiwa-mochi and chimaki are made especially for this celebration.

TWO WEEKS NO WAY YOU'RE KIDDING ME LMAO
And I was wondering how they'd resolve this XD
There is a scene after credits.
Poor Akino tho

7/10
Pretty nice Hokkaido ad rom-com.
Mar 25, 10:43 AM

Mar 2021
Such an enjoyable show am so happy that Tsubasa was able to see Minami before she went away even though it was only for 2 weeks. This was a really chill show to watch and I hope we get a second season.
Mar 25, 10:47 AM
Feb 2024
I want a second season
Mar 25, 10:53 AM

Jan 2012
And so we end with Tsubasa tearfully saying goodbye to Fuyuki as she goes to study makeup abroad...for a whopping 2 weeks. Followed by a chicken-filled reunion.

So this was a series I was somewhat familiar with while watching. I actually read the first several chapters of the manga weekly as they were coming out several years back. I stopped right around the ski trip where Tsubasa befriends Sayuri. I remember reading at the time a ton of complaints when that happened about how it was gonna turn into a groan-worthy love triangle style series. Then they intensified after Rena was introduced. I never read her introduction, but found out about it in passing. The comments soured the series for me so I stopped reading, but decided to give it a second chance via the anime. And you know what? I shouldn't have listened to them as the concerns were obviously unfounded. There may be lingering romantic feelings from the other potential love interests, but it's pretty clear who our otp is. And that aside it was still a pretty nice, cute, relaxing series. One with some of the sexiest female character models I've seen outside of hentai in years. Which yes, tbh, was a factor in my reading it in the first place lol. I also liked the snowy Hokkaido setting for the story. Outside of Golden Kamuy I can't think of many other series I've watched off-hand that are set in that area. I'd love to see more animated, but I dunno if this was popular enough to warrant it. Still, solid 7/10.
Mar 25, 10:58 AM

Jan 2023
A decent, refreshing, fun and very sweet romcom overall.
I hope we'll get a second season at some point.

7 for the whole series from me!
Mar 25, 11:01 AM

Oct 2020
Minami is just a riot (very funny) to watch, I was laughing.
Mar 25, 11:03 AM
Mar 2023
Disappointed. Where is the scene with sayuri in the swimming pool and the scene in the locker room?
AnsiloridMar 25, 11:22 AM
Mar 25, 11:10 AM

Oct 2017
Oh no, anyway. Lol Fuyuki only left for two weeks and she's even back already. Appreciate the Fuyuki fanservice again in the finale.

Had fun watching these chapters animated, specially with Ayaneru voicing Fuyuki. Rena senpai was adorable too and most of all mama Fuyuki best girl.
Mar 25, 11:34 AM

Mar 2010
Well got to love gyaru. It isn't super special, but I did like the clichés mixed with a Hokkaido twist. And didn't feel overly harem 'let's steal him' scenes. Just heart warming scenes. I'm not sure however that I feel the characters make sense to match with MC dude but well that happens a lot.
I do feel the characters were decently enough fleshed out or well at least the purple haired one (sayuri) and fuyuki. The pink one (Rena) they could've left out imho. Just could've kept her as someone fuyuki idolises and there's that. Her being charmed for MC made 0 sense.
However, even tho MC isn't super special at least we heard some honest thoughts

Fuyuki returning was meh, why? It ruins her development of finally going for fashion and having a purpose herself. So I wish they would instead make a glance at the future, older fuyuki having some sort of makeup business or maybe take MC with her to wherever she wants to study since he came from Tokyo anyways.. So surely he isn't too attached to Hokkaido aside from the girls. Kinda ruined it for me.

Love the art plus gyaru bias and Hokkaido setting rather than the beach, school festival etc clichés
7/10
GyarutsundereMar 25, 11:40 AM
Mar 25, 11:58 AM
Nov 2016
There is chance of season 2 bcz it's not a bad show also many previous silver link works announced sequal and there is atleast enough source material for 2-3 more seasons
Mar 25, 12:16 PM

Jul 2015
Very generic, but still fun little romcom.
I've totally enjoyed it. Especially the winter setting, which is kinda rate, to be honest. Solid 7/10 from me.

Mar 25, 12:23 PM

Feb 2014
Well, that was one hell of a jebait, huh? XD

This was still a nice final episode, though. Fuyuki's first time studying abroad for a whopping two weeks did make me laugh, as did Tsubasa's reaction to it, but putting that aside, him being able to get to the airport and give her the hairpin before seeing her off was wholesome. In classic fashion, Fuyuki did a speedrun of arriving back in school and getting into trouble for being late and chowing down on some fried chicken, which got Tsubasa in trouble, too.

Worth it, I'd say!

Overall, this series was pretty enjoyable. It doesn't really do anything new in this genre, but for what id does, it kept me entertained throughout the whole 12 episodes. It's a shame that we didn't get much screentime of Sayuri's friends, but they were nice and beautiful looking, so if there's a second season, hopefully Akira and Hina will get more appearances then.

7/10 is my final score.
Mar 25, 12:34 PM
Apr 2019
Good episode, W dad.
Mar 25, 1:14 PM
Mar 2019
i like a lot. i swear season 2 but i think its difficult i will read manga
9/10
Mar 25, 1:25 PM
Mar 2024
I mean what the f was this episode,11 episodes of teasing and basically nothing came from it?? probably have to lower my rating of this show even tho i enjoyed it
Mar 25, 1:48 PM
Mar 2024
Man this episode was great. What a rollercoaster. Good end to the season, hopefully we get another one! I definitely want to see Tsubasa interact with the other girls more, and see him grow as a person. Also, he needs to actually see Cherry Blossoms with everyone!

Fuyuki is so charismatic, im glad she was able to at least attempt something to "make her cool like the others" and let herself grow and follow her passion.

More good food and cheesy Tsubasa please! ^_^
Mar 25, 1:52 PM
Nov 2023
This episode was beautiful, a new season is coming and I'd better continue the manga :))
Mar 25, 1:55 PM
Senpai

May 2021
It was cute, the anime did not do anything wrong. But I think it was just average, nothing special.
5/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 25, 2:37 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
Last episode was generic to the core but overall it was good light anime to enjoy after long monday at work.
Mar 25, 2:46 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I had a feeling there was something up with Fuyuki’s “studying abroad” thing, I was thinking she might go back on it or there was more to it, and it turns out that it is just for 2 weeks, yeah maybe that’s something you should tell poor Tsubasa before he enters a comatose state lol. Despite the fakeout I am happy that she wasn’t leaving for good, it did make for that great hotel and airport scene after all, as well as seeing Tsubasa’s dad earn MVP status, he was a real one there. We also got teased with some new characters with Akino’s friends, not sure how prominent they are in the manga going forward but I did like their designs. And lastly that last scene where Fuyuki returned was very nice, although I would have liked to see how things went with her not there, like maybe Akino could get some focus, but this did work for an ending to this season so I appreciate it for that.

And now our Hokkaido adventures with Tsubasa and his harem of gyarus is over, it was a fun journey. Of course I loved this show for the romcom goodness as I am a big enjoyer of the genre, but one of the things I found myself loving besides that is the focus on Hokkaido, there were lots of unique things about it that you don’t usually see and it even made for some great romcom styled scenes, the igloo one from early in the show comes to mind, as well as skiing and that snow festival, and of course there was that beautiful park from these last two episodes. And I liked our three main waifus a lot as well, although as great as Fuyuki was I think I have to go with Akino as my best girl, hard to not pick the gamer girl and having that paired with the gyaru thing was cool. And I also liked our MC Tsubasa, yeah he wasn’t the best ever but I think he was a good way to experience the Hokkaido and gyaru fun. Loved the OP and ED for this show too, I always say this but you can’t go wrong with Masayoshi Oishi, and it’s gonna be hard to get Wayawayawaa out of my head lol.

I’d love another season of this one, I heard some things that happen later and it definitely increases that feeling, hopefully we’ll see it one day.
TheColonel76Mar 25, 2:49 PM
Mar 25, 2:54 PM
May 2020
one fat gotchya moment there for tsubasa lol
Mar 25, 3:12 PM
Jan 2022
it was a passable 6/10.

nothing really stood out. mc stayed true to bland, and the best quality of the anime is the harem, but not necessarily progression or plot.

not memorable but not terrible
Mar 25, 3:17 PM
Sep 2021
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I can't believe its over already... I love this series and hope it gets renewed for a 2nd season.

I love the fact that he ran to the airport to meet her (even though she was only going for 2 weeks XDDDD)

Would've loved a confession this episode.. but obviously we need a second season for that to happen which im totally okay about! So long as we actually get a second season ;).

Overall, great episode. Great series. Well done to the guys who edited this and made the manga etc possible. Ill see you all next year (Hopefully)
Mar 25, 3:22 PM

Jun 2016
8/10

I was worried it would end with a bitter taste... but fortunately it was just a way to keep us in suspense.
I liked the series, the girls expecially Minami and Sayuri were very cute, and Minami in particular is a sort of idealized perfect gyaru girlfriend everyone would like to have or would like to have had in the high school days.
P.S. I would have liked the tomboy girl (Asuka) was introduced before a fleeting appearence in the last episode.

Mar 25, 3:26 PM
Jul 2021
The penultimate chapter was incredible in my opinion but this last one disappointed me, mainly because the same thing happens in Hajimete no gal and apart from the fact that I already intuited it, it is a way to end the anime that seems like I didn't know what else to do. they could do, I'm really disappointed
Mar 25, 3:55 PM

Aug 2017
Does this count as a harem ending?

I would've liked the episode more if pink hair got more points.

I enjoyed the show. Lighthearted, makes me want to visit Hokkaido and Kitami.

8/10
Mar 25, 4:03 PM

Nov 2016
Dad: "I got you, just don't fumble it"

Only two weeks, huh? Gotta love some baity drama. But it would've been actually funnier if Minami stayed longer and if Shiki got cucked by a student from overseas, lmao.

6,5/10 it's a decently cute rom-com.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 4:13 PM
Feb 2014
I feel let down with this ending.
Mar 25, 4:17 PM

Feb 2019
Been a big critic of this series from the jump but credit where it’s due, this finale was great. I was moved. Shouts to Tsubasa for stepping up to his dad and asking to go see Fuyuki before she left.

The fact the study abroad thing ended up being just a two week trip makes everything seem silly though lmao. But it is what it is. Both Fuyuki and Tsubasa know how much the other means to them now and hopefully this’ll prompt some development. Was kinda hoping we’d get some time for Sayuri to shine during that two week period though. She was down bad when he wasn’t replying to her switch invites lmao.

Cute finale all things considered. Don’t think it’s a great anime, but it’s ok. Has some cute girls and some nice moments.
Marinate1016Mar 25, 5:00 PM
Mar 25, 4:38 PM
Mar 2018
I'll admit, this episode had a few moments that made me go "F***ing really?!" but still, I have really enjoyed this show. Far better than "fanservice trash, but cute" as my friend suggest it might be.
Mar 25, 4:48 PM
Dec 2021
Fantastic anime, really enjoyed it.
Mar 25, 4:55 PM
Oct 2019
So all the fuss and intense moment was for nothing? LMAO
Bruhh and she is back on the post credit scene like nothing happen at all..

What a let down ending.
6/10

Mar 25, 5:02 PM

Nov 2021
I read some of the manga for this a long time ago and thought it was decent, but seeing it animated really made me love it. Ayane Sakura really just brought Fuyuki to life with her voice. I really would love to see a season 2 for this.
Mar 25, 5:21 PM

May 2019
2 weeks!? All this time I thought she was going to go for months if not a year or 2. Also, I was surprised that she left the hotel room after she showered because she talked a big game about a sleep over but looks like it was because she had to get ready for her flight the next day.

Anyway, I have mixed feeling over this series but at the end it was alright. I figured if Minami would've been gone for a longer time then Sayuri could've stepped up but I digress. I thought the character designs were good and the animation ok but the storyline was decent to so-so. 6/10
Mar 25, 5:32 PM

Apr 2022
well i liked the series at the start but lost interest quick as it became a harem. last episode was kinda nice though. not surprised there's no confession.
Mar 25, 5:45 PM

Jul 2014
Are you kidding me? 2 weeks? I didn't see that one coming lmao. And she is already back after the ED xD. I love how she's late, starts eating in class and flirts with Tsubasa haha.

One last time watching the OP thinking how there are still a couple of characters that haven't shown up... and they finally appeared, barely.

I loved how happy Fuyuki was that Tsubasa went to see her at the airport <3

Dad the MVP.

And another series that is over. I really liked it, it was great. It's the rare harem series where my favorite is the obvious winning girl. Like my favorite in this kind of series would normally be Sayuri and Rena to me is the prettiest, plus Reina Ueda's voice is a killer combo but I loved Fuyuki, I loved her design, how lovable she is and Ayaneru was amazing voicing her. I feel like the anime did a good job making me like the Fuyuki x Tsubasa.

The MC was okay, not the best but I've seen worse.

I'll miss these Hokkaido Gals.
Mar 25, 5:49 PM

Jun 2022
I really hated this last episode. All of this for a two weeks trip and then she came back 5 minutes later.

Overall, not good not bad, but because of this finale I had to rate it below average.
Mar 25, 5:51 PM
May 2017
Very good ending episode of a very good series... because of the super adorable Dosanko gyarus! Second season much welcome if and when coming.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 25, 5:58 PM

Sep 2018
What I said in the last episode discussion, it was either a short visit or she wouldn't end up going, it follows the known tropes well.

As far as advertisement anime goes, this one is not too bad and overwhelming with it's material, actually kind of interesting at times with it's locations or merchandise.

Nice character designs, cheesy romcom, decent for what it is. 7/10.
Mar 25, 6:04 PM

Sep 2011
6/10 competently adapted but it doesn't get to any of the really good or really bad sections of the manga
Mar 25, 6:56 PM

Apr 2022
TWO WEEKS

I swear to god... please be less misleading next time. It was pretty hilarious, though. lmao. Sad it's over, happy it happened.
Mar 25, 7:14 PM

Nov 2023
The ending was alright, nothing much really.

Overall, it's okay. I wasn't really into it as I expected to be.
Mar 25, 7:40 PM

Apr 2015
My disappointment is immeasurable .-.

🌙 Sailor Moon 🌙

Mar 25, 8:18 PM

Jul 2016
They had us good with the "studying abroad" trope, not gonna lie. Well, still better than ending the season on a somewhat melancholic note so guess I will simply ignore the fact of all this fuss being for nothing.

Charming rom-com overall. Loved the girls, loved the Hokkaido setting and though Tsubasa got on my nerves during this last couple of episodes, I still think he's better than most rom-com MCs who never speak their minds.

Regarding a second season, it seems unlikely but I would gladly watch it if it ever gets announced.

7/10 - Minami's mom needed more screentime, by the way.
Mar 25, 8:25 PM
Jan 2024
womp womp womp womp
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18

104 by TechOtaku »»
May 4, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19

73 by TechOtaku »»
May 4, 4:20 PM

» Tsubasa's Personality

FiddlePie - Jan 27

39 by TechOtaku »»
May 3, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22

89 by TechOtaku »»
May 3, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12

90 by 2life »»
Apr 20, 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.