Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 21, 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Meh, rushed final episode with a big fight even as Yogiri carried this.

Wish I could care more about Sion but more characterization felt poor in this series. I'm also disappointed on how much screen time Daimon got since they made him look like a fool. Yogiri's ability also made the episode very underwhelming imo. Just a weak show that couldn't really carry itself from day one to the finale.

Dec 2021
All that's happened so far has led to this: Yogiri versus Sion.

Shinozaki emerges victorious in a tough fight against her classmates, but suffers severe damage to 60% of her body. Summoning her remaining strength, she morphs into a dragon and resumes attacking her classmates. Meanwhile, Yogiri and his companions plan to exit the Selection area and draw out Sion. Utilizing his Instant Death Ability, Yogiri attempts to uncover a way back to their own world. However, Sion remains silent.

It's weird how a dragon that was easily beaten before could now defeat a powerful sage. But whatever. And, of course, we can't have an isekai fantasy show without the classic CGI dragon. It took ages to show up, and the CGI is terrible, as expected. The way Yogiri fights is brutal, but considering Sion's wildness, it's oddly satisfying. Looking back, they should've just summoned Yogiri to deal with the demon and then found a way back home. All the trouble they've caused, only to end up with an opponent who can be taken out with a single spell, seems like a joke. Well, at least they saved the town. Yay... And, of course, we had to have some Tomochika fanservice, because why not?

They might be stuck in this world a bit longer, but nothing can stop Yogiri's overpowered Instant Death Ability. No one in this world stands a chance against him.

The show's problems go beyond just fast pacing and skipping. It's simply a bad show, not even in a so-bad-it's-good way. That's the real issue.

Jul 2017
In the end, Ayaka Shinozaki has to willingly be transformed into a dragon by using Dragon Heal, the ultimate of her desperation.

Yogiri and the gang getting trapped by Shinozaki's dragon forces, it's nothing that he can't handle as the Alpha Omega. Him being a threat is both a liable target, and also a no-brainer to not go against him. Even more, this is both Yogiri and Sion's first time meeting, though he clearly knows her threat and all he needs is their way back home. And yes, Sion may still be relentless, but either way, she's forced back to him after Youichi suffers the same fate. The energy itself, is the Philosopher's Stone that is the source of energy for the Sages that he only needs. However, that's not the worse of Sion, as she's being fodder for the Dark God Mana.

With Mana ravaging the entire city, Yogiri's a natural at needlessly killing people with an intent to kill, and Hanakawa broke her seal enough to find him, but his role is pretty much the straight man who's an appropriate joker. And Dannoura sure got a flying suit from Mokomoko that Yogiri sure holds her tight for the way out of the royal palace. The remaining students, along with Euphemia and Theosidia, Risley was hiding another one as well, which means that there's more energy to gather for the journey back home. As for Hanakawa, he's done being a lapdog, and Yogiri...he's such a fascinating MC regarding to his beliefs, and his closeness to Dannoura will remains forever since.

What a show of infinite trashy proportions, yet ironically, can still give a good time. But make no mistake that this show is badly unhinged to begin with.
KANLen09Mar 21, 6:37 PM
Mar 21, 10:09 AM

Nov 2014
A lot of stuff happened here lol

Overall it was bad... but also fun. Not hardtry "so bad it's fun" but genuinely fun. MC's straight and simple reasoning, with no moral high-ground, together with main girl's commentary made it enjoyable watch. But yeah, story was shit.
JustAnotherShiroMar 21, 10:20 AM
Mar 21, 10:16 AM
Aug 2017
Tomochika realising she's about to be usurped as the main tsukkomi by Hanakawa for the remainder of the story lol.
Sion finally shows some humanity, just in time to get killed.
In the end they actually did set up the sequel hooks for the next arc, but there's just no way this is ever getting a sequel greenlit.

Ultimately, I don't really understand what they were going for here. I can't imagine anyone other than people who've already read the books and could fill in the huge gaps in the story/dialogue that they left out would have got much enjoyment out of this anime and want to buy anything relating to it but that's usually the main purpose of anime adaptations. As a novel reader myself I found it reasonably enjoyable to see some of the scenes/characters I like animated, but I can admit it was an objectively bad anime.

I'm just disappointed that this will probably tar the novels/manga's reputation with the same brush now with anime being the more popular medium, due to the terrible pacing/jarring cuts in the second half giving the impression it's badly written when it isn't really. Not that it's a masterpiece or anything, but the novels and manga are actually properly paced, and are good fun to read if you enjoy the main premise.
Mar 21, 10:19 AM
Sep 2015
If I look at this as a parody of overpowered hero + isekai genre then it's OK.
Mar 21, 10:21 AM

Mar 2021
Well that was an ending of sorts with everything getting rushed to a conclusion. I know the end implies that there could be a second season but this show is so all over the place I would be incredulous if it did get one.
Mar 21, 10:28 AM
Nov 2016
Epitome of a 6/10 show.
That said, much more enjoyable to watch than Solo Leveling and wrong Way to use healing Magic. Fuck flashbacks and trash pace !
For that it actually deserves a 7/10 or i have to drop those 2 to 5/10.
Mar 21, 10:28 AM

Dec 2022
manas death was the most uno reverse i have ever seen in anime
anyways i really liked this anime at first i was bored because there was such a large cast but that doesnt matter if they die in 2-3 episodes so i really enjoyed how goofy this is

i would totally watch and enjoy just how ridiculous it is reminds me of the time i watched one punch man but this time its in a fantasy and people actually die
Mar 21, 10:29 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
watch...

... THIS....

get a s2....

Mar 21, 10:33 AM
Apr 2017
Do I wish this adapted more? Yes.
Did I enjoy what I got? Yes.

The author said it best when he asked why the hell this got an anime adaption, but as long as it sells more books he doesn't mind. And for what it covered, everything is wrapped up pretty neatly with everyone still alive. Helps when almost every is killed off. Real adventure continues vibes that while I'd like a second season, others definitely deserve it more. It's certainly not a horrible adaption either like Biscuit Hammer, but its a very interesting and fun show where paying attention does get rewarded while hate watching definitely would make this experience worse.

Solid 7/10 for me.
Mar 21, 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
A monogamous isekai story victory, yet again.
Mar 21, 11:01 AM

Oct 2017
Basically kill everyone you feel like in sight the anime. Idk how I even felt watching this. Was dumb fun ig? Idk.
Mar 21, 11:04 AM
Mar 2016
Wait, what happened to the fish?

There was a whole story with an interdimensional anglerfish thing that even appeared in the OP with its own designs and characters, and they just completely left it out.
Mar 21, 11:07 AM
Jun 2021
It's finally over...
Mar 21, 11:29 AM

Jan 2012
And so we end with the Sage and Demon Monster Woman Thingie both easily being dispatched while our protagonists begin the arduous quest of gathering philosopher's stones to gain enough power to get home. All the while unaware that a few survivors remain to be dealt with...

Yeah, I dunno, it seems kind of weird considering I never hated this enough to stop watching weekly as it aired, but in hindsight this was probably the worst of the 20ish shows I watched in the Winter 2024 Anime season. It's a combination of things I think. For one, there's no real tension with an mc who faces no real threats. That alone doesn't bother me, at least not in theory, but the way it was presented here was both dull and repetitive and at time uncomfortably blase and mean spirited. It's telling that the most interesting scenes didn't actually involve our leads, but the schemers who were eventually doomed to be killed by him. It was always just a matter of time until they met him to die, or got killed by someone or something else that would eventually meet him to die. I'm no softie, at least I don't like to think of myself as one, but this series left me feeling rather cold by the end. It was impossible to care about or get invested with any of the characters in this. What else? The narrative structure itself started out okay, but by the end it felt like the wheels fell off and things were just happening for the hell of it. Going into this finale I honestly wondered what was even left for a season 2 considering all the death and destruction, but the last few minutes of this finale did at least sprinkle a few breadcrumbs on that front, half-assedly, granted. I may be taking a series like this too seriously. If you look at it as a dark comedy though I don't really think the one-note joke works very well either. It certainly wears out its welcome long before the finale. Eh, whatever. I'll never watch anymore of this and am glad to be done with it. 5/10.
Mar 21, 11:43 AM

Oct 2019
One of the guy probably think "let's turn her to batman and call it a day".
Mar 21, 12:06 PM
Apr 2020
I had high hopes the first few eps but it was so repetitive with the mc just saying “die” & the enemy dies, it’s a cool concept of a power but it made things not super spectacular. Just an avarage issekai. 6,5/10
Mar 21, 12:24 PM

Jun 2023
It was really just meh.
Mar 21, 12:45 PM

Feb 2019
Well, the finale is here and it felt as rushed and anticlimactic as the previous episodes. When you have a character this broken as your MC, it’s always just a matter of how creative can they be with the challenges and kills and I didn’t feel much creativity in this episode.

I thought Sion getting tortured by Yougiri for information was nice, but she got off too easily considering all the shit she’s done. It was nice to see her finally feel powerless after walking around like she was the shit for an entire season though.

The Dark God fight was as anticlimactic as as you’d expect with Yougiri pulling a reverse uno “no u die” on her. Dannoura’s “Of course, why would anyone pose a threat to you at this point” is what we were all thinking. Pretty funny though ngl.

Speaking of Dannoura, how tf did she become Batman there at the end? This show was just all over the place. She was by far the best part of it. Acting as the only normal person in a circus of batshit(pun intended) crazy individuals.

I think the show had a cool concept, but execution was poor and I never cared about anyone besides Dannoura. I couldn’t even really come to care about Yougiri because you just knew he’d win any encounter. It was funny at first, but just felt like an overused gag by the end.
Marinate1016Mar 21, 1:12 PM
Mar 21, 1:03 PM
Apr 2020
This show was so random lol can't believe i finished it
Mar 21, 1:04 PM
Jan 2022
that was pretty bad, and i hope the launch season 2 when i have nothing better to watch! i
Mar 21, 1:18 PM
Oct 2014
ngl this was a guilty pleasure watch , it was like OPM got isekaied and I need a 2nd season. I knew he would always kill them but it was just so funny , I probably wanna rate this a 8/10 but I'll probably settle for a 7/10
Mar 21, 1:21 PM

Oct 2020
I quite enjoyed this, having read the LNs it’s hard for me to notice where context is missing as my mind just sort of fills in the blanks, but I can see why some people would be completely lost, especially the pace it went at. I would still like to see the whole thing get adapted, but I suspect that won’t happen. That said, you never know! Smartphone and Arifureta got second seasons and even Devil is a Part-timer got one eventually!
Mar 21, 1:25 PM
Feb 2020
This was it, we'll never get a second season. I'll miss this show sm :'(
Mar 21, 1:26 PM

Dec 2010
Reply to The_Wicker_Man
Tomochika realising she's about to be usurped as the main tsukkomi by Hanakawa for the remainder of the story lol.
Sion finally shows some humanity, just in time to get killed.
In the end they actually did set up the sequel hooks for the next arc, but there's just no way this is ever getting a sequel greenlit.

Ultimately, I don't really understand what they were going for here. I can't imagine anyone other than people who've already read the books and could fill in the huge gaps in the story/dialogue that they left out would have got much enjoyment out of this anime and want to buy anything relating to it but that's usually the main purpose of anime adaptations. As a novel reader myself I found it reasonably enjoyable to see some of the scenes/characters I like animated, but I can admit it was an objectively bad anime.

I'm just disappointed that this will probably tar the novels/manga's reputation with the same brush now with anime being the more popular medium, due to the terrible pacing/jarring cuts in the second half giving the impression it's badly written when it isn't really. Not that it's a masterpiece or anything, but the novels and manga are actually properly paced, and are good fun to read if you enjoy the main premise.
@The_Wicker_Man Kinda interesting that Tomodachi Game that received adaptation from the same studio got similar treatment (super rushed second half where they cut out a lot of stuff - including some important scenes - and the last two episodes were especially horrible) even though main staff working on it was different. Maybe it would be better to stop watching any adaptations from this studio from now on if that's the approach they're going with.
Mar 21, 1:44 PM
Jul 2011
It was an ok anime to watch, I liked that Sion died in this episode, but Mana could last more for a possible second season. It was nice to spend time with this anime, but I really prefered the begining than the end. Let's see if it is going to have a second season or not, I'd like to see if they would get the stone to return to their own world.
Mar 21, 1:45 PM
Jun 2022
Dumb and boring. I am glad it is over.
Mar 21, 1:54 PM
May 2021
That did not feel like an ending ep, did it?
Mar 21, 2:04 PM

Jun 2016
It was good but nothing special. I give an 8 it was fun but nothing personally amazing and awe for me. Not planning to continue this series even if there is a second 2. Its not my type of anime.

Mar 21, 2:32 PM

Apr 2022

I love it when an anime ends with a positive message... ;-)

Mar 21, 2:42 PM

Dec 2011
The story in this show never makes sense so I just enjoyed it the way I want it lol

It's fun to imagine that the last part is simply Dabi's and Tomura's random isekai shenanigans rather than whatever the fuck is actually going on.

Season 2 pls.
Mar 21, 2:43 PM
Oct 2013
It was too bad that it became funny, it's 2/10 and also 8/10 but it seems that Takatou killed the score so it will be forever scoreless!
Mar 21, 3:06 PM

Mar 2013
Great story with below average adaptation but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. Still, THEY BOTCHERED THE STORY and World Building.
The story is somehow interesting from the source but all we get in this anime is introduction to its characters and how interesting trashy they are.

P.S. Yogiri's teacher was summoned but was forgotten even at the end of this season.
What the— did they do to her?!

Another fan service...?! 😳

I will miss Sion's beauty but she's still a bad apple.
CrazyButNot4UMar 21, 3:26 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 21, 3:07 PM
Sep 2020
I'll just say... i enjoyed it for Takatou Yogiri. No more no less. I put a 10 just for myself but objectively the pace, the story and the worldbuilding is miiiiiiiid, and the 6 is deserved.
but yeah, 10 because of Takatou Yogiri
Mar 21, 3:13 PM

Mar 2022
So yea that was a thing, this show was kind of like a drug induced fever dream where I kind of enjoyed it but don't know why and have no real comprehension of who half the people who died were, to the point it was basically a list of who is gonna die this week...still id probably watch the second season cause I'm a sucker for anything remotely in another world.
Mar 21, 3:13 PM
Apr 2023
Really doubt this gets a season 2, but worse things have gotten 2nd seasons so. . .
Mar 21, 3:15 PM

Dec 2018
This show was just...bad. I can't think of anything good to say about it except it started interesting but when downhill starting ep2
Mar 21, 4:00 PM

May 2019
To me this show was kind of bad but also fun and entertaining too. While Yogiri's ability is overpowered I enjoyed both Tomochika's reactions and her one-liners. What's funny about Yogiri is that he is a pretty chill guy but only a few characters found out because most other characters would freak out and try to kill him and they ended up dead. To add to that, all he wants to do is find a way to get back home, that's it.

Anyway, while the storyline was all over the place and rushed, the comedy aspect was good and so were the character designs. I would watch a 2nd season if one were every announced. 7/10
Mar 21, 4:47 PM

Mar 2022
I think this is a good ending for how serious I'm taking the show (not very serious at all, which isn't a bad thing).

Nowadays most isekai story try harder and harder to make it seemingly realistic, but the thing is, without both top tier writing AND production, the more serious you take the story, the dumber and frustrated you'll feel in one way or another. So overall the show felt like breath of fresh air and I god a good laugh out of it.
Mar 21, 4:57 PM
Mar 2022
He literally went "nou" lmao
Mar 21, 5:16 PM

May 2018
What an absolute clusterfuck of a show lol, it's like it throws every idea it can into the story and sees what sticks. But it's still fun to watch!

6/10
Mar 21, 5:58 PM
Jun 2021
The anime overall is just dumb fun
personally I liked it but some people need to have fun watching stuff like this
they're taking way too seriously thinking they're the Hollywood movie reviewer of something
At least try to have fun watching it
at best this is 6/10 but enjoyable
Mar 21, 6:01 PM

May 2015
The finale was more of the wild storylines we've gotten throughout the show. We had a nuke, dragon, clone army, demon god flood, and Yogiri walked through all of it with ease. It's understandably more open-ended because with a show that throws multiple finales at you every episode I don't think it'd be that easy of a wrap up. Now onto the non existent episode 13 of Hanakawa gets a harem in another world.
Mar 21, 7:21 PM

Jul 2014
And at long last, Sion is dead. She's been horrible from the beginning so it was great to finally get her off her high horse even though in this case Takatou wasn't the one who killed her.

"Die", "No, you die". And that was all for Mana lmao. Dannoura's reaction to that was hilarious as always.

My boy Takatou didn't hesitate for a second to grab hold of Dannoura when he was told xD. I mean, can we blame him? What an outfit Mokomoko gave her to "fly", goddamn.

Hanakawa has been hilarious with his hysterical screams... Hiro Shimono at his best lol. At some point Dannoura even thought he should play the straight man haha. Hanakawa is now off to his harem adventures in another world, farewell!

And speaking of harem, our isekai guy is finally traveling with a party full of girls. Reincarnated vampire girl going straight for the marriage only to be rejected. Now she's jealous seeing Takatou sleeping on Dannoura's lap, nice ending.

Dannoura was my favorite here and one of my favorite girls of the season. Her playing the straight man reacting to all the chaos and Takatou's antics was always funny, Miyu Tomita voicing her was great. And she's hot... 10/10.

I'm going to miss this show. One of the surprises of the season for me, I had so much fun with it. How chaotic it was, the fast pace and of course the Takatou-Dannoura duo really made this a pretty damn funny show.
SkyLETVMar 21, 9:37 PM
Mar 21, 7:29 PM
Sep 2022
Absolute Cinema!! 🙌
Mar 21, 7:33 PM

Nov 2023
It honestly felt like any other episode in the show. There's a problem and Yogiri kills them, easy.

I'm gonna be real, the gimmick of the instant death ability died by like episode 3. It's a fine show if you look at it at face value.
Mar 21, 7:50 PM

Feb 2011
this show was a hard mid

dannoura was fantastic

yogiri was ok.

the random ghost chick was annoying as HELL and detracted from the show

I would absolutely give all my inches to dannoura tho

6/10 overall

id watch a second season.

Mar 21, 7:59 PM
Aug 2021
i like the fact that he can just kill everyone, To the people that called the show underwhelming it’s called my instant death ability is overpowered he instantly kills people so I don’t know what you’re expecting lol most of peoples rage is definitely coming from how it left off without telling us if it’s getting a season two or not but i like op characters and been searching for the strongest ones and hes him so yeah 10/10 series
Mar 21, 7:59 PM
Aug 2021
How did yogiri survive that nuke tho
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11

109 by Fn76 »»
May 23, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18

83 by Timka1113 »»
May 23, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29

60 by lasodamos »»
May 10, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4

178 by lasodamos »»
May 6, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14

46 by ST63LTH »»
May 5, 5:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.