Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ishura
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 31, 4:15 PM

Mar 2008
Whole season was an intro lol

This does have some unique qualities even if very basic plot on surface

But damn why couldnt it have been a split cour instead of a much longer wait
Apr 13, 9:01 PM

Feb 2021
I think that there will be 2nd season to decide who's the the true hero.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 15, 8:18 PM

Mar 2019
It wasn't a bad anime, but it was far from being something special. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 19, 9:09 AM

Jan 2014
so the candidate down to 4 character.
I thought all the "blablabla The Blablabla" would be the candidate for the True Hero.

so, Season 2, I guess?
Apr 29, 8:38 AM

Dec 2022
Well, the finale was undoubtedly pretty neat, so you're telling me all of this is just like the prequel or intro of some sort dang. Welp can't wait for the 2nd season to drop whenever that'll come out because it's already announced.

Apr 29, 8:11 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well, I guess the narrator announcing Higuare’s death was just a one time thing lol, I was kinda clinging to a loose hope that Nihilo was still alive because of that but it’s what I initially thought, your head being chopped off means you’re dead. Besides that, a very good final episode, I’m glad it not only hyped up what’s to come, but made for a satisfying ending to this season’s content by showing what the surviving characters are up to after the war ended, as well as a bit on the ones who died, and unfortunately Nihilo was among them despite being on Aureatia’s side, because I think she was the only one on that side of the playing field that bit the dust, very sad as I liked her a lot and wanted to see more of her but it is what it is, she was great while she was here. And Lana man, she escaped death several times but it was not meant to be for her, her death was very sad but at least she’s out of her misery, her take on what’s going on hit pretty hard imo.

And even though this episode pretty much said this Lithia stuff was merely just the beginning before we get to the real shit, I still loved it all, it was so engaging thanks to each character getting a proper introduction in the beginning, and the fights were very cool. It’s just unfortunate we didn’t get to see a proper end for Taren, I imagine Kuze killed her but I kinda wanted to see her get what’s coming lol, I know this whole war was apparently just to get these monsters to kill each other based on what Kuze said but I still found her to be a bit of a villain.

But with that I’m done with Ishura for now, and let me just say what an absolute banger of an anime, I’m honestly shocked at the mixed opinions on this I’ve seen over the course of watching it, I personally found this to be such a cool show that was tons of fun, I think it really deserves more praise. The only downside I can really point out is the CGI wyverns, that’s pretty much it for me, and even then I still loved that episode where it was just Alus versus Regnejee, they made good use of that CGI. I also saw Yuno get a lot of hate, which I can kinda understand but I personally think she’s completely justified, can’t really blame her for being the way that she is, and I liked seeing her outplay Dakai which led to his defeat, in a way she is strong, just not physically. And I also gotta mention the pure bangers we have for the OP and ED, both were very fitting for the show and I loved the visuals that showcased big moments in the show as well as each character in general. And I think that’s just about everything I want to try and fit in this post, I stand by that this is a hidden gem of a show, the hopping of perspectives and character introductions didn’t deter my enjoyment in the slightest, really liked this one, and I’m very excited for Season 2, I’ll be there weekly for that one lol.
Apr 29, 8:26 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reply to phantom346
The most underrated anime of the year. I can't believe how little people's attention spans have become. Just because the show takes a few episodes to set up the world and the character before putting in action everyone just starts hating on this. I saw someone call it hate-watching and I think that sounds about right. This is way better than the rating it has on the anime page. The main characters are Soujirou and Yuno. I actually love Yuno's character. A lot of people were wishing for her to die cause they found her to be annoying for wanting revenge on Dakai but I think her emotions are grounded and should be respected. Her perspective of ants vs monsters is something a lot of shows just skip over. The world DOES matter. the people do matter. Not caring about civilian casualties is NOT cool.

8/10 anime. I'm waiting for season 2.
phantom346 said:
The most underrated anime of the year. I can't believe how little people's attention spans have become. Just because the show takes a few episodes to set up the world and the character before putting in action everyone just starts hating on this. I saw someone call it hate-watching and I think that sounds about right. This is way better than the rating it has on the anime page.

I try to be nice in my posts but this is essentially what I was thinking lol, it really is a shame that this lost so many folks.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» WHEN DOES YUNO DIE

Youbamii - Mar 27

2 by TechOtaku »»
Apr 29, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

57 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6

45 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 29, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 10

97 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 3

159 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.