Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 18, 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, they definitely wanted to focus a lot more on Minami and Tsubasa's relationship. The two managed to get away from the school and city environment on their own little adventure. Also, about time the weather isn't freezing cold for a change.

Minami got dressed for the occasion and seems to geninuely enjoy spending time with him.

We also got the OP theme song played mid-episode at the concert! Definitely one of their more memorable episodes imo, almost felt like a season finale.
Mar 18, 9:51 AM

Dec 2021
The main couple finally has a private date together.

Fascinated by the message Minami wants to convey, Tsubasa couldn't sleep as the promised day arrived. Without knowing the destination, Tsubasa decides to follow Minami. Enjoying detours along the way, the two arrive at Minami's secret destination. When Minami says they should come there together even decades later, Tsubasa can't help but wonder what she means by that. Tsubasa wanted to understand what Minami intended to show him and convey to him.

Glad Tsubasa didn't ask any awkward questions and just enjoyed the moment. It's nice seeing him happy. Those girls are really into him—guess the other guys in town aren't cutting it. Didn't realize the opening song was by Masayoshi Ooishi until they sang it in the episode—LMAO. But of course, things can't go smoothly forever. Ow, that hurt... It's scary to admit you look like a couple. If he knows she's leaving soon, he'll feel pressured to act. Looks like we're nearing the endgame, though there's still one episode left. Either Tsubasa convinces Minami to stay or goes with her. Probably the first option.

Now what? Tsubasa needs to figure out how to make Minami stay.

Mar 18, 11:27 AM

Jul 2011
Fuyuki's mother said the thing.

When Abashiri just remembers you about the prison.

Fuyuki already planning beyond the MILF status. And throwing signals like crazy.

Have a go-kart circuit surrounded by flowers is nice, but at same time a bad idea. If someone lose control.

Wrong dialog choice.
Mar 18, 11:33 AM

Feb 2021
So apparently there is a subprefecture called Okhotsk in Hokkaido. It was renamed from Abashiri in 2010. I'm really interested in why they named it like a town in Russia lol
"Abashiri Prefecture was named after the subprefectural office in Abashiri. However, the area was more commonly referred to as the Okhotsk region (オホーツク地方, Ohōtsuku-chihō), as it faces the Sea of Okhotsk, and the name Abashiri was changed to the more commonly used Okhotsk during the administrative redivision of Hokkaido's 14 subprefectures to 9 subprefectural bureaus in April, 2010." apparently (from Wikipedia)

Okay, this anime is totally a Hokkaido ad. Higashimokoto Shibazakura park looks beautiful irl too.

Anime version of Masayoshi Ooishi! (The singer of the OP) And he was animated really well. Really cool!

17:36 ミサンガ - misanga bracelet; good luck charm made from knotted embroidery floss, thread or gimp. From Portuguese “miçanga”

w h a t. Fuyuki moving abroad is something I didn't expect at all. And the look on Tsubasa's face at the end really moved me.

Last episode next.
Mar 18, 11:42 AM

Oct 2016
OMG, that was beautiful. Felt like I was on cloud nine. That last scene though. So excited for the ending episode.
Mar 18, 11:47 AM

Sep 2018
Nice Masayoshi Ooishi cameo, lol.

What a romantic, emotional episode! I wasn't expecting Shiki to get so bold with his feelings at the end there, since he usually seems to bottle things up.

Mar 18, 12:00 PM

Mar 2021
Beautiful episode with Minami and Tsubasa enjoying a Date together i really loved the cameo of the Singer of the Theme Song performing on stage.
Mar 18, 12:00 PM

Oct 2017
With how well things were progressing this episode and with how much fun they were having ofc there was gonna be a catch, she's leaving, F. Sayonara~
Mar 18, 12:25 PM

Feb 2017
What's the opposite of gigachad? Whatever it is, that's Tsubasa. He has one more episode to stop being the little boy who friend zones his crush himself, then ugly cries when she says she's going to leave. A Sign of Affection makes these loser MCs so hard to watch, Itsuomi supremacy.
Mar 18, 12:43 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well, there wasn’t a confession as I figured, but what we got instead was the upsetting news that Fuyuki is going away to study abroad, and to top it off she said it was all because of Tsubasa, talk about emotional damage lol, no wonder the lad was brought to tears after that hug. And yeah really it’s a good thing that Tsubasa has influenced Fuyuki in this way, but I can definitely understand his reaction, especially after such a fun day with her and when he was about to confess himself.

But this episode wasn’t just feels, there was also the fun date between Tsubasa and Fuyuki, and in such a beautiful looking location, didn’t know there was even a place like that with all those pink flowers. And while we had a montage of the two of them riding go carts and enjoying some food we also got to see a cameo of who I’m pretty sure was the man himself, Masayoshi Oishi, performing the OP song with some nice animation, I’m not sure if the rest the band reflects his irl band but the glasses lad playing guitar I am almost certain was him, was very pleasantly surprised by that. We also got a short bit with Rena, I wonder what the significance of her finding out Tsubasa was out will be, we only got one more episode left so hopefully we’ll find out then. This has been a fantastic Monday show this season, gonna miss it when it’s gone.
Mar 18, 12:44 PM
Mar 2021
Great episode.. nice cameo but
Mar 18, 1:12 PM
Senpai

May 2021
Best episode, i was not prepared to feel like this today.
Very good!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 18, 1:28 PM
Apr 2021
This was the best episode so far of this anime !

I wsa enjoying it since then, but I was not prepapred for such a romantic episode, everything was so great, and it was so nice to see how close they got thanks to this trip !

Now, I'm so sad to see such a development, and to remember just after that there is only 1 episode left :'(

But it was an incredible episode for sure !
Mar 18, 1:47 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Best episode by far, wit something that felt like real stakes to be had. It's a shame Tsubasa is so damn insecure, cannot take a truckload worth of hints and doesn't actually react until Fuyuki has thrown the bombshell news at him.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 18, 2:46 PM
Jan 2024
a plain 3 for me.
sadly, I found that the girl is even more dense than the mc.

i hope the last episode is gonna make up for this.
it will be a shame if this story ends on a generic stalemate.
Mar 18, 2:47 PM

Feb 2019
Been pretty outspoken about not liking Fuyuki or the set up of this one much, but I can’t lie, this episode moved me. One of the best date episodes I can think of in recent memory. Fuyuki was so damn cute all episode and as usual we got to learn about some more local Hokkaido culture with the blossom festival.

“You look so happy when you eat. Looking at you makes me happy too. So I just never want to stop” 😩 like cmon that’s some of the cutest stuff I’ve heard. Felt like Fuyuki was very much on the aggressive today and when we find out what’s coming next at the end, it all makes sense.

LMAOO can’t believe this dude Tsubasa did a real life “couple of besties” line. “I’m sure they think we look like two very close friends” 😭 cmon man how dense can you get.

The reveal that Fuyuki’s going to be studying abroad was such a gut punch after everything we got this episode. On one hand you can’t help but be happy that Tsubasa has had such a positive influence on Fuyuki, but on the other it’s like damn, they just started baring their souls to one another for this to happen..

W MC for hugging her while she was crying and everything. One of my biggest pet peeves is when MCs just sit thru that as the girl cries, show some damn emotion. Well done Tsubasa.. wonder if she’ll actually go thru with it still.

Fantastic episode. Also looking forward to how Rena reacts to learning Fuyuki and Tsubasa went on a trip together lol
Marinate1016Mar 18, 3:18 PM
Mar 18, 3:02 PM

Nov 2016
I would've been fine with this one as final episode, the vibes were just like that. Of course we couldn't end on such a pleasantly high note before the actual season finale 🥲

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 18, 3:52 PM

Aug 2017
Extremely good episode. I have to go to that park someday. Hokkaido!

So she dropped the study abroad bomb.

But, player Tsubasa has two other backup girls who are just as good.

Marinate1016 said:
LMAOO can’t believe this dude Tsubasa did a real life “couple of besties” line. “I’m sure they think we look like two very close friends” 😭 cmon man how dense can you get.

Yeah, felt like Tsubasa could have averted the study abroad bomb if he gave the right answer there. Like she had not yet made up her mind until he flubbed it. Now she's gonna become a social media addict abroad and get railed by 100 boys

Reecey91 said:
really loved the cameo of the Singer of the Theme Song performing on stage

Great scene

BlichoBoy said:
Wrong dialog choice.

Yep, totally missed the flag.
CarbonMDMar 18, 3:58 PM
Mar 18, 3:56 PM

Feb 2019
CarbonMD said:
Extremely good episode. I have to go to that park someday. Hokkaido!

So she dropped the study abroad bomb.

But, player Tsubasa has two other backup girls who are just as good.

Marinate1016 said:

Yeah, felt like Tsubasa could have averted the study abroad bomb if he gave the right answer there. Like she had not yet made up her mind until he flubbed it. Now she's gonna become a social media addict abroad and get railed by 100 boys

Fuyuki onlyfans coming soon
Mar 18, 4:06 PM
Nov 2009
I knew it'll be the studying abroad trope when she said it last week.

Currently a 5. Nothing impressive but nothing bad atm.
Mar 18, 4:11 PM
Oct 2019
NOOOO i was expecting a confession but not like this...

What a CLIFFHANGER!!
Mar 18, 4:18 PM
May 2020
so fuyuki is leaving, damn that gotta hit the feels
Mar 18, 4:35 PM
Jun 2022
That shit hurted. And the fact that it was the second to last episode this season is about to make me read the manga. This man's better fix this shit ASAP
Mar 18, 4:45 PM

Dec 2012
Emotional-cocktease shows are such a bore. Fuyuki's face mirrored my own by the end of it and for completely opposite reasons. Damn shame such great designs and vibes are wasted on such trashy "stories" if one can call them that.
Mar 18, 5:10 PM

May 2019
I was not expecting for Minami to say that she was leaving the area to study abroad, and I also wonder if she would've had a change of heart if he would've said that they looked like a couple instead of friends when she asked him what he thought people thought of them.

Even if Minami does end up leaving there's still Sayuri and Rena too...
Mar 18, 5:27 PM

Apr 2012
The romance in this adaptation moves so quickly that I just can't imagine how the manga is still going on. Also, did their date take place in Coco Park from Crash Nitro Kart?

@Marinate1016 Perhaps at some point he got stuck and decided that they were in the yuri bait anime, so he clicked on the save button.

Mar 18, 5:33 PM
Sep 2021
wow.. alot to unpack this episode.

We could've had a confession today, it was sooooo close. I honestly reckon she was waiting to see what his exact response was before telling him she was leaving the country.. I think she was holding out waiting to see if there was a future possible for them before telling him. I'm probably wrong but it felt like that to me.

Once he said, I think people see us as good friends.. I think her mind was made up there and then.

can't wait to see what the final episode next week brings us!!
Mar 18, 5:42 PM
May 2021
tsubasa and i had the exact same heart broken reaction to finding out minami is moving abroad. although im sure his emotions were a lot more intense. i hope he's able to find the words to make her stay. i don't want them to be separated. not when they're finally starting to get closer romantically.
My 2023 candies:
Mar 18, 5:52 PM

Sep 2023
Fuyuki is looking extra pretty this week! Tsubasa must really hate himself for giving her the motivation to work harder 😅
Mar 18, 5:59 PM

Apr 2022
ofc it couldn't go well for the whole episode, bro fumbled so hard that the hug at the end didn't even do anything for me. welp guess she's leaving, he has to do a 90th minute deeney clutch now to save the last episode.
Mar 18, 7:02 PM
Apr 2021
loved the date, hated the end when she said she was leaving to study abroad, i understand but it would still hurt me.
Mar 18, 7:08 PM
Nov 2020
I liked the placement of the opening song into the episode. This was a nice episode..lots of emotion but it irks me that it feels like it’s written by the tourism board.
Mar 18, 7:10 PM
Apr 2022
Man I really liked the episode. By far the best one perhaps. This just shows that the lead couple tho cliche can really hold the screen. Cute pair.
Mar 18, 7:37 PM
Dec 2022
OMG! What was this episode? All the budget was prepared for this, I think. The expressions, the soundtracks, the dialogues, everything was perfect for me.
Mar 18, 8:12 PM
May 2017
Another very good episode!

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 18, 8:17 PM

Jul 2017
Tsubasa waiting for Minami in the earnest with a word from her, thinking of a love confession...is rather plausible, especially from someone who's prepared herself for the date with him. Going to Abashiri for their time out just spending the day together, it certainly is unnerving for Tsubasa, who feels overwhelmed by Minami's free and easy life. And most certainly, at the famed Higashimokoto Shibazakura Park in Ozora, this is Hokkaido's version of cherry blossoms, which Minami has been wanting to surprise Tsubasa with for the longest time. But all along, her subtle wordplay, while leading Tsubasa, is she really into him like he hoped it would be?

Rena looking for Tsubasa, but obviously, he's out with Minami. Masayoishi Ooishi's cameo and the OP song mid-episode is such a great touch while Tsubasa and Minami have fun around the go-kart area. And with her profile picture changed to the picture of the shrine with him, people are going to think that they're a couple, and most certainly with his gift. At this point, Tsubasa is CLOSE to a confession, but with the news that Minami's going abroad for study, certainly shocks him the most. Then again, Minami hasn't really been living her life earnest, so she decides to get serious now.

With tears on Tsubasa's face, what's he to do with this shocking news?
Mar 18, 8:21 PM

Jul 2016
They visited Abashiri and all I could think of was Golden Kamuy.

Cool cameo of the OP song singer 👍

Overall, lovely episode but Tsubasa metaphorically shooting himself in the foot with that shitty response truly pissed me off. Well, now he has 20 minutes to save the situation.

And on a side note, I absolutely loved Minami's outfit for the date.
Mar 18, 8:40 PM

Apr 2023
Let's go Tsubasa! Tell her what you're feeling or you'll lose the Dosanko Gal!
Well... It's not like he doesn't have at least two more shots in his magazine haha...
Mar 18, 9:24 PM
Oct 2022
First I'm rooting for him, "like it's okay, dude. It's scary, we all feel like we missed out opportunity, but you're still here. shoot you shot." knowing it's an anime, so something/someone could interrupt, or he might not say anything. then he starts, and she interrupts to break the news and I literally spit my food out in an accidental, literal LOL.

But they the scene still Hits Super Hard in the Feels as it goes on because life really does feel that way sometimes. Hyping yourself up only to find out your world has changed. Someone gets sick, a parent gets a new job and you have to move, anything. And the emotion you feel when the future you hardly cared to hope for, but wanted so badly feels like it's been torn off of your grasp... Yeah, If you've felt it before, you can't help but feel hurt for him.
Mar 18, 10:12 PM
Mar 2015
he thought she was going to confess Instead she is studying abroad
Mar 18, 10:22 PM
Sep 2023
tsubasa you chicken brat do something!!
Mar 18, 10:31 PM

Nov 2021
This episode almost felt like a finale, wow. I love how they added the opening song as an insert song in this episode. Their date was really cute but the end made me sad. Hopefully they can wrap this show up with 1 more episode satisfyingly (even though the manga is ongoing)
Mar 19, 12:17 AM

Oct 2020
The ending that hurt Tsubasa.
Mar 19, 12:20 AM

Apr 2012
first i cried cose it was too much happy
then he said "close friends" and i got so mad cose i hate drama on my happy anime
and then the she is leaving news
and i wasnt ready for the triple hit to my kokoro
Mar 19, 12:20 AM
Feb 2020
I almost felt like I was watching a different anime during this episode, and it's not just because of the date and the beautiful scenery: the cinematography, the way to narrate his thoughts and fears (especially during the last 5 minutes), the soundtrack, the absence of OP and ED, the OP's song appearing as a live song...

It's such a different and awesome episode 👏🏼
ArnauCPMar 19, 12:23 AM
Mar 19, 1:40 AM
Feb 2021
Damn good, i hope its get 2 season
Mar 19, 3:06 AM
Dec 2022
The nice feeling all went out the door replaced by a bittersweet one right where it hits the most. Hope this is not how it will ends. What is in store next week in the big finale? Hope it will get a second season.
Mar 19, 3:06 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to ArnauCP
I almost felt like I was watching a different anime during this episode, and it's not just because of the date and the beautiful scenery: the cinematography, the way to narrate his thoughts and fears (especially during the last 5 minutes), the soundtrack, the absence of OP and ED, the OP's song appearing as a live song...

It's such a different and awesome episode 👏🏼
@ArnauCP oh agree totally.
Mar 19, 3:24 AM

Jan 2023
By far the most adorable episode of the series imo, one of the best romcoms 'date' I've seen in a while :)

That ending though, I wasn't prepared for it.... it felt so bittersweet.
We only have one episode left, hope it ends well and that she stays in Hokkaido!
MeguSae38Mar 19, 3:28 AM
Mar 19, 4:12 AM

Jul 2022
Without a doubt, I can say that this episode has been the best for me. Everything was top-notch in this chapter, from the development to the details, the actions taken, and the dynamics throughout the episode were outstanding.

Especially crucial was the part where Fuyuki asked, 'What will others think when they see us together?' She was hoping for an indirect confession from Shiki at that moment, but he still hesitated to give the answer they both wanted to hear. However, that hug clarified everything. It was really worth following this anime for this episode, the best one.

Fuyuki is a special waifu; going so far to surprise Tsubasa just because of a passing comment he made. I would have cried too, both in that moment and when she dropped the bombshell. Poor Fuyuki, surely she didn't want to cry when she told him either.

By the way, I didn't expect that cameo from Masayoshi Oishi when the OP started.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25

112 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 7, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19

73 by TechOtaku »»
May 4, 4:20 PM

» Tsubasa's Personality

FiddlePie - Jan 27

39 by TechOtaku »»
May 3, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22

89 by TechOtaku »»
May 3, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Dosanko Gal wa Namara Menkoi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12

90 by 2life »»
Apr 20, 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.