Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 11 Discussion

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 7:51 AM

Dec 2021
It's great to see Albert again.

Upon Tisse's plea, Albert embarks on a mission to locate a missing girl within the forest. Unbeknownst to Albert, Van and Lavender are also in search of the child. Despite successfully finding her unharmed, a miscommunication with Van, who arrives to assist, leads to a heated confrontation, endangering them both. As they reconcile their differences, Van suggests an unsettling proposition: to become a true hero, he must vanquish the elder hero, Ruti.

For a second last episode, I briefly liked Van, but now I'm back to hating him. He hit Albert just because he's the "hero." Lavender hasn't changed; I've always disliked her. It was satisfying to see Van lose his armor and Ruit zap Lavender's arm off, but it didn't last. Then Van betrays Ljubo. Now, it's finally time for the main event of the season: Red versus Van.

Red versus Van. Been waiting for this since day one. Wonder if Van will cheat.

Mar 17, 9:31 AM
Sep 2021
So it's time for the final showdown, van vs gideon & Lavender vs Ruti. It's time for the finale.
Mar 17, 10:01 AM
May 2016
So van your average toxic pubarterian sweaty hero knight dps gamer had not enough and betray or even slay his guild members xD and now the fight now lets see how this fight will go and maybe also get slapped
Mar 17, 10:05 AM

Feb 2008
I think Van is getting more out of a control but he does starting to change thanks to Red in previous episode but Lavender still stay the same.
Van is relying on his blessing too much and Red is about to teach Van a lesson.

But you know what I think the season would be much better without Van and focus more of Slow life instead of this bullshit.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 17, 10:26 AM
May 2016
Reply to Blackbird
I think Van is getting more out of a control but he does starting to change thanks to Red in previous episode but Lavender still stay the same.

But you know what I think the season would be much better without Van and focus more of Slow life instead of this bullshit.
@Blackbird well thats how it is proberbly thats how also the novel is writen
Mar 17, 10:33 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to Blackbird

Blackbird said:

Yeah, have to agree. Van has been pretty one dimensional throughout. Too easy to hate, zero redeeming qualities. Lavender too. More talk about tea and potion making and hanging with Fae Dragons would be welcome.
Mar 17, 10:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To be unable to distinguish between beings that are harmless and ones that are not Van is becoming less of a hero every time he appears. After seeing what he did to Albert Esta's rage is defo understandable. Lavender's true form kinda didn't surprise me given her hidden personality. Considering what Ruti went through her words of advice to Van were one's that were hard earned. Apart from Red's fight against Van looks like Rit and Lavenders going to have one hell of a fight as well. Can't wait to see how the finale plays out next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 1:15 PM

Jul 2017
A child being lost in the Zoltan woods, and Albert wants to take charge to make up for his past, much less his commitment to Esta. At this point, Ljubo has no control of Van and Lavender, though they're in the same situation as well to save the kid, with her fairy dragon. Albert knowing that he's in for a fight with Van after scurrying her off, but he is powerless to stop him, And when Esta came forth to stop him, Lavender truly went out of the rails, because there's just no point treating them as allies at this point.

For Red and the rest, trying to maintain disclosure and the fact to heal Albert back to normal, even Esta has felt like she's lived through mistake after mistake, suppressing the emotions deep within her heart. For once, Ljubo thinking that he's had Van under control, which in fact that he had retaliated until he couldn't take it any further. Even the water archfay is only able to pit a small amount of damage against the mythical archfay, and Red still sticks to negotiations with Van in a one-to-one fight, securing Zoltan and leaving everyone else to fight against him.

It's clear that Van has lost his way, and Red is confident to waver him through emotions just like Ruti had. And if words can't get to him, weapons will.

The inevitable fight between the misguided Hero and the Guide, the thrashing begins.
Mar 17, 2:00 PM
Oct 2019
in what chapter can I find the red vs van scene in the manga?
Mar 17, 2:16 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
When the episode started I thought this might be a more low key episode before the finale but shit hit the fan really fast when Albert decided a little dragon fairy was worth dying for lol, I do respect it tho, lad knew he had no chance against Van but defied him anyway, even going as far as clinging to him near death while being beaten at the same time. Thankfully Theodora showed up and popped open a can of whoop-ass like she should have done a long time ago, and Lavender nearly got in the way until her tiny body was ripped apart by a mere twig thrown by Ruti, that was a hype moment but unfortunately that didn’t finish off Lavender, however this did allow for Theodora to get away with Albert.

And man, I had a feeling the Cardinal wouldn’t make it past that scene where Van went to see him, he wasn’t the greatest guy but he didn’t deserve that, Van has certainly went off the deep end as his blessing has stopped giving him a direction to go in, and honestly I don’t think there’s any talking him down but I do look forward to the battle between Guide and Hero next episode, as well as Lavender versus Rit, gotta say while I do wish we got more actual slow life stuff in this show I am really engaged in this plot, very excited to see the end next week. And lastly we did get info on what Lavender actually is and it explains a lot, figured she was something way worse tho lol.
Mar 17, 2:27 PM

Dec 2018
I really, really don't like Van but maybe he can get his crap together...though one remaining episode is kind of hard to change my feelings. I doubt it. As for that fairy, she can go to heck. How could anyone think she isn't a demon lashing out at everyone for her past? If she wasn't there maybe Van wouldn't be such an egregious POS.
Mar 17, 3:29 PM

Jun 2016
Red is trying very hard to settle things peacefully, but is it even possible with those two psychos? I personally hope that Van and Lavender will be finally terminated by Ruti.
Mar 17, 4:35 PM

Feb 2019
Holy fuck what an episode. Might be my fave of the series yet. Mask is completely off on the POS that is Van. Can’t use the brainwashing or mind control excuse anymore now that he’s free from the hero’s impulse. What you have now is an extremely OP character with the mentality of a child having a tantrum at not getting his way.

Seeing him beat up Albert like that got me angry af. S/O Esta for sticking up for her man and saving him. Rutti’s stick throw taking out Lavender was sick too. She was talking all that shit just to get her arm blown off lmao.

But holy shit the second half took a dark turn. Van killing the cardinal and setting out to kill every Fay and the others.. I NEED to see him get his ass beat. I’m gonna be annoyed if it’s really just red vs him and no Rutti involvement at all.

So Lavender ends up being a calamity, it all makes sense now since she’s been sewing discord with Van and others from the beginning. I love how Ritt didn’t hesitate at all against her and was ready to defend her man 🙏🏾

Next episode should be really good. Lets see how they wrap up everything
Marinate1016Mar 17, 4:55 PM
Mar 17, 4:58 PM

Jul 2015
At what point do you deem someone not worth the effort or consider them to be irredeemable? Their constant psychotic behavior and complete disregard for life? After the constant nondescript murders? Or their both successful as well as attempted mass murder of civilians and innocents?

While I'd rather see Van just stripped of his blessing and forced to atone for his wrongdoings in some way, I have a feeling after everything is over all will be forgiven and swept away cause he's "changed" now.

Yes, blessing this, blessing that, but even those with blessings that push them towards similar acts aren't just free from consequences and the inaction of others. At what point do you decide that despite his blessing being that of "hero" do you decide the actual harm and evil he is actively committing deserves a proper response? Perhaps I'm wrong(anime only) but it seems that multiple people can have the hero blessing, or that if one is no longer a "hero" a new hero blessing is given out?

I understand there's more nuance here, what with the church backing him and such, but his actions for a while now have been pretty horrendous by all accounts and I feel it will be a boring cop out if everything gets brushed away once things are said and done as everything being fine now cause Van is no longer a homicidal murderer.

Looking forward to watching the fight, but as others have stated I would of enjoyed this season far more if it dealt less with the "redemption arc" of a killer dubbed "hero" and more about the main cast building their slow, happy life out in the country.

/endrant
EssentialTeacupMar 17, 5:56 PM
My tongue is itchy...
Mar 17, 6:00 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Ostarion147
in what chapter can I find the red vs van scene in the manga?
This was all in all a very good episode and a nice preamble to Van's funeral but what caught my attention was the little fay's voice because it sounded so damn silly and comical.
@Ostarion147
The comic adaptation is still at the Ruti goes berserk part of the story (the climax of the first season).
Mar 17, 9:44 PM
Nov 2018
In the LN they completely cut out Mystorm part, to completely have the entire season about Van
Mar 17, 11:07 PM

Feb 2016
Uhh... who is Albert? I legit have no idea, I don't remember him at all from S1, I thought he was just some other random villager that is a friend of Gideon lol

Ruti attacking Lavender was so fkng sick.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 18, 1:23 AM

Feb 2012
Esta getting mad about Albert getting injured and attacking Van was great to see. I really don't want to see Van redeemed, this little shithead sucks and needs to get killed off along with Lavender.

Mar 18, 12:09 PM
Jun 2023
It the season doesn't end with Van dying then im fuming
Mar 18, 1:04 PM
Feb 2015
"It appears that Lord Demis has given me a trial to overco-"
It appears that Lord Demis wants you to fucking DIE you piece of shit 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

God I'm so pissed off Lavendar didn't die from the twig 😂
I thought Ljubo would be like the big mastermind or whatever the crap into whatever tf is going up in Van's demented brain so wasn't expecting him to die the way he did, tho once Van entered the room weapon out and everything I was like yeh, this dude gon' die 🙈

So glad this season wasn't 13 episodes and is only 12 'cause I can't wait for Van and Lavender to die next episode, if they don't die this damn season will not be worth it like at all, they don't deserve life
Mar 18, 1:05 PM
Jul 2023
Van and Lavender are some of the most annoying characters I've ever seen. They're ruining the show.
Mar 19, 7:23 AM
Apr 2023
Damn, Van is snorting too much fairy dust from Lavender. But things are getting really good and pretty sure at least the season finale will make a good end for this series' season.
*Even if they skipped a big chunk of the story which could've explained what Van really is. From what I heard, they skipped a lot of chapters or an entire volume which details Van before he became a hero and actually will gives reason why this 2nd season of the anime exists*
Mar 19, 10:33 AM

Jun 2016
jsut dump that fake yuusha already !!

hes just too dumb and extremely sadhistic !!

but lets see if red teams can fix him or not
Mar 22, 8:38 AM

Oct 2017
I would have loved to see Ruti kick his ass and show him the power difference once and for all but this works too. Lavender reveal was already clearly hinted so no surprise there.
Mar 23, 6:58 PM
Mar 2008
Only way this show can at least slightly redeem itself is seeing both Van and Lavender being brutally killed. Like Red almost getting Van to behave. Then Lavender doing some shit so they both turn even more evil for them both to die.

If this is supposed to turn into a happy ending for everyone, then it will end up as one of the worst animes I have ever watched.
Mar 24, 6:46 AM

Apr 2020
It was all right. The new characters aren't that good tbh.
S1 was better.
6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 24, 8:26 AM

Aug 2017
Lavender is by far the most annoying character this season for me, I also think she has a big influence on Van. Albert is a champ and his character development has been beautiful to watch and same for Esta, love how she destroyed that clown.

Hyped for the final battle, it took me a while to get into this season compared to the first, but it's gotten better the last episodes.
Mar 27, 8:43 AM

Oct 2008
Damn it friggin' cliffhanger! please Red put Van into place! or much better out of existence!
5/5.

Mar 29, 2:28 PM
Dec 2014
This has been truly mediocre.
Apr 10, 1:12 AM
Aug 2023
Wow, I truly did not expect this show was going to make me feel so much for Albert, of all people, while he was getting beat on the back repeatedly by Van. Theodora beating the snot out of Van in rage was quite satisfying as well. I don't see how Van could beat Red, let alone Ruti, after Theodora could beat the crap out of him so thoroughly. I guess maybe it's because Lavender interfered before Van could make a comeback himself.

As for Lavender, I don't actually hate her as much as everybody else seems to, I blame everything on Van. I really don't think Lavender is influencing nor manipulating Van to be the massive douchebag he is. She seems to just suck up to him, and agree with anything Van does. Lavender's more like a tool of Van's, or like the bad guy's attack dog that doesn't have an agenda of it's own. It's kind of hard for me to truly hate her as much as I hate Van because if Van wasn't a problem, she wouldn't be either. She's only a problem because Van's a problem. Also the Cardinal didn't deserve to get stabbed like that.

I really hope Van gets put down next episode, no redemption, just death. There's no redemption for all he's already said and done. Even with everything else before aside, he just said to the Cardinal that he was going to kill all the fae, townsfolks, Gideon, Theodora, and the others just so he can go kill Ruti. How do you even walk that back, not to mention everything else from before? Oh and not to mention stabbing the Cardinal, who might actually be dead.
Apr 10, 2:51 AM

Sep 2012
hero's blessing=NPC, more u give in to it the more NPC u become

i believe the blessing sys was actually created by ancient elves, they were so advanced that they came close to a god in their capabilities
Sugram22Apr 10, 2:54 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you like the new Hero Van or not?

BonBonToro - Feb 18

12 by GRIMMMlol »»
May 5, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24

40 by KinjiKido »»
May 2, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 18

20 by Muow »»
Apr 21, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 2 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jan 14

45 by Luke_MK »»
Apr 14, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita 2nd Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 10

26 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 10, 2:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.