Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 16, 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
This episode got slightly awkward for Yuki as she found herself hanging out with Oushi. They were able to communicate with sign language so there's a sort of connection of understanding.

She also got to spend time with Mio (Oushi's sister), who is supportive of her. A nice way for Yuki to get more used to others outside of Itsuomi.
Mar 16, 6:58 AM

Dec 2021
Itsuomi made Oushi easier to deal with.

While stopping by the supermarket after being asked by her mother to do some shopping, Yuki found herself struggling to read the lips of the masked cashier. It was Oushi who came to her rescue. Yuki felt uneasy at Oushi's unusually kind words. Furthermore, whenever the conversation shifted to Itsuomi, he abruptly interrupted Yuki's sign language, making her feel as if he suddenly became a stranger with a serious expression on his face. He then apologized and asked if he had hurt her, and then left.

Yuki asked the big question we've all been wondering: Are Rin and Kyouya finally dating? PLEASE, let it happen before the next episode. Ayyy, good news – Yuki got a job. Now she can start traveling the world with Itsuomi. Thank goodness Oushi helped out; I hate those type of supermarket workers. Oushi may not like Itsuomi, but he definitely changed him for the better. You could feel it in this episode; he's not as annoying as before. Anyway, Emma now knows Shin likes her and that Itsuomi's dating Yuki. Those sweet moments at the end of the episode – I'll miss them. Just one episode left.

Now, Yuki has to decide where they'll go on their first date. And what will Emma say to Shin? Lots to wrap up next week.
IzanaSolosMar 16, 7:33 AM

Mar 16, 7:01 AM

Apr 2010
Well she got a job and it seems like her boss is a bunch of energy with a lot of enthusiasm which is nice to see.
Hopefully things will keep working out like that at her job.
It's also nice to see the relationship going well they look nice together.
Now the question is what will come out of the event with Ema and Shin.
Mar 16, 7:01 AM
Oct 2019
Yuki finally got her part time job!!

Finally Shin actually said it to Emma 😱
LET'S FCKING GO!!

Noooo next week already the Season Finale.
My weekly doses of wholesome is about to ended 🥲
Mar 16, 7:06 AM
Mar 2022
Great episode as always!!!! 😭❤️
Last episode is going to be their first date!!!!
Im so excited!
But at the same time i feel sad because next week is going to be the last episode...😔
Mar 16, 7:12 AM
Jul 2023
Ah finally, Shin mustered enough courage to talk to Emma and his pretty good with word too, must be that Itsuomi rizz rubbing off.
Mar 16, 7:16 AM

Feb 2021
5:42 All these place names are onomatopoeias lol. 漫画喫茶ペラペラ (manga kissa perapera) - fluent manga cafe, じろじろ (jirojiro) - staringly; scrutinizing; scrutinising, PANドキドキ (pan dokidoki) - bread heartbeat, etc.

The dynamic between Yuki, Itsu and Oushi is really interesting, I've never seen something like this before.
15:30 おしぼり (oshibori, lit. something like "wring, squeeze"). An oshibori or hot towel in English is a wet hand towel offered to customers in places such as restaurants or bars in Japan and in Japanese restaurants worldwide. Oshibori are used to clean one's hands before eating, and have long been a common sight in Japan. Cold oshibori are used in summer, and hot oshibori in winter.

Really curious about what'll happen to Shin and Emma's relationship now, but not sure if it can fit in the remainder of the season. Didn't expect him to confess right after telling her that Itsu has a girlfriend tho.

First date next episode! But it's also the last episode nooooo
Mar 16, 7:42 AM
Mar 2022
The opening already spoil the last episode!!!

preview episode 12

kisaragi_ekiMar 16, 7:45 AM
Mar 16, 7:42 AM

Mar 2021
So happy to see that Yuki got a job she deserves all the success in the world, I have been absolutely loving this show and so hope we get a second season.
Mar 16, 7:53 AM

Feb 2019
Tbh, I kind of hope Emma doesn't say yes to the confession, seeing as it would very much be like a rebound.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Mar 16, 7:54 AM

Apr 2022
good to see yuki motivated and going all out at her new job despite the difficulties, madoka's aunt was very helpful. also real tough for someone like yuki at everyday places like supermarkets given the circumstances, welp oushi was kinda annoying getting that close but at least he helped out.
shin been living in denial but glad he's trying to make it work with emma. itsuomi making time after work at night to see yuki was a whole W and very wholesome, been the best show of the season and sad to see it end next week.
ryzxgumMar 16, 8:05 AM
Mar 16, 8:00 AM
Aug 2022
ooh no it's already 2nd last episode 😭. I don't want this to end
Mar 16, 8:02 AM
Dec 2020
I hope Rin gets a label. Yuki got the job! Madoka's aunt is adorable. Shin's hair this ep is *chef's kiss. Itsuomi catching Yuki in time and them meeting past curfew ajsdfshfgdfhkjd.

PS: When Oushi stopped Yuki from signing
Mar 16, 8:04 AM
Mar 2022
Reecey91 said:
So happy to see that Yuki got a job she deserves all the success in the world, I have been absolutely loving this show and so hope we get a second season.

Reecey91 said:
hope we get a second season.

Yes!!! Hopefully there will be a second season!!!
The manga sales is great!!!
3.8 Million in circulation from Vol 1-Vol 10(latest volume)
Im pretty sure after the anime finished airing the manga sales will rise up!
The second season is going to be soo f*cking damn good!!!
I really hope there will be a second season!!
A sign of affection anime production is around 3 years.
So I'm not really sure when we will get the second season..
So far the anime adapted 19 chapters which is 5 volume!
If I'm not mistaken the last episode is going to adapt chapter 20 and 21 based on the preview....
So the anime will adapted until volume 5 and the beginning of volume 6?
I'm not really sure..

5 July 2023
kisaragi_ekiMar 16, 8:44 AM
Mar 16, 8:04 AM

Jul 2017
Where things progress for Yuki and Itsuomi, Rin and Kyouya...hasn't made theirs yet. But it's only for the couple to know.

Yuki being able to find a part-time job through Madoka, and also dating Itsuomi, she's feeling fluttered, but the latter is just his usual rizz of confidence and reassuring her, though she doesn't like to be affectionate in public. Like mother like daughter, Madoka's mother Aki seeing Yuki for the first time, she's quite pumped and energetic for someone like her to be working alongside with. Yuki's learning on the job, and it goes smoothly, great for her.

The problem with shopping outside is that Yuki can't quite hear if the chasier in a mask, and Oushi has to save her skin. But the relationship side of him forcing Yuki not to compliment Itsuomi in front of him, the relationship between Yuki and Oushi is becoming rather complicated and a one-sided crush, much less from the observation that he wants to help Yuki live out in the world like normal humans do, but with sign language. At the very least, as much as he hates Itsuomi, he's not that condescending to Yuki as compared to earlier episodes.

Shin's phone call to Itsuomi still is half-hearted, and he must make his feelings known to Emma, plus reveal that Itsuomi has already been taken. But the past reveals too that though he mentions that he'll never date Emma, the truth is that he's into her.

Yuki coming out to see Itsuomi who's right downstairs at her place, it's hard to communicate in sign without good lighting. And catching up with life, he also wants to make time and go on dates with her, it's exciting.

Will we be able to see Shin and Emma's coupling for the finale?
Mar 16, 9:12 AM

Feb 2019
Only one more ep of peak shoujo 😢

Poor Rin chan, not being able to tell if she and Kyouya officially dating lol. When you get to be a certain age I feel like sometimes you just start the relationship and the clarification stuff comes after. They both know they like each other and they’re spending time together so, seems pretty much official

Yuki finally got a job! So happy for her. This’ll be a great chance for her to grow as a person and to earn some money for her travel plans with Itsuomi. Also was she practicing German on the way to the cafe? You go girl!

“Don’t praise him. Don’t sign that stuff in front of me” lmaoooo man Oushi gotta heal man. His insecurities will be the downfall of him with any woman or future relationship. Only you can validate yourself.

If he would’ve acted like he acted in the rest of the episode from the jump, like a normal human being instead of a prickly edge lord he might’ve had a chance with Yuki a while ago. Just don’t know what bro was cooking at all in terms of his relationship method. Must be a difficult feeling for Yuki though because even though she’s got a bf, Oushi is still one of her closest friends and she obviously cares for him, so seeing him upset has to hurt. But it’s just something he’ll have to work thru on his own.

Poor Emma 💔 she had to find out eventually.. Shin was smooth as hell with the “Just pick me” though. Respect for just coming out and saying it and I’m rooting for his success. Dude’s waited years for this opportunity and been nothing but supportive. Such a nice contrast to how selfish Oushi was.

Looks like the finale will be a Yuki and Itsu full day date??? Can’t wait, but sad to see it go at the same time 😢
Marinate1016Mar 16, 9:43 AM
Mar 16, 9:15 AM

Oct 2020
Congrats to get the job Yuki.
Mar 16, 9:20 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice to see Rin is doing well on her front. In the scenerio that Itsu used anyone that wasn't scared would not be human lol. Nice to see Yuki ace the interview. While the clerk at the shop may had meant well that scene shows well the kind of fear that Yuki and her peers can feel when put in that situation. After losing the love of his life frankly Oshi not changing would be a surprise. An excellent ep of new experiences for Yuki and harsh revelations for Ema but in both cases both now have a clear path forward. Can't wait to see how this finishes next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 9:43 AM

Sep 2017
Ah man I was hoping to see more from Shin and Emma with the confession. Hopefully they are featured a decent amount in the final episode. It's the only major point of conflict in the story right now.
Mar 16, 10:06 AM

Sep 2021
It will be hard for Oushi to accept that Yuki has a boyfriend now. You can see his eyes full of sadness.

The only way for him to accept is to move on and be happy for her.

Poor Oushi. I pity him.
Mar 16, 11:13 AM
May 2016
yeah, noice, 10/10
Mar 16, 11:20 AM

Mar 2021
Ok that store clerk just grabbing Yuki's basket is so rude, I think lots of non-deaf ppl would also be surprised. Funny how Oushi just happened to be there for the rescue. But yeah, grocery trips aren't hard to arrange to go with others since it's routine and weekly or bi-weekly, and it'd be even easier if they can schedule it with Kyoya since he has a car. On the other hand, I heard that in some communities, groceries are done a lot more frequently, for freshness and for smaller loads, which also makes sense where most ppl take the train.

High School Shin really screwed himself over :P

Waaait Itsu and Yuki have been dating but didn't actually go on a proper date yet?? :o

Also, it's very cute that the sign for Yuki's name is also the sign for snow ^^
Mar 16, 1:00 PM
Jan 2022
My German is pretty rough but isn't it pressing thumbs there instead of crossing fingers?
Mar 16, 1:07 PM
Dec 2023
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WITH SHIN
Mar 16, 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
it's frustrating that there is only one ep left .. it's definitely my relaxation anime this season
Mar 16, 1:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really enjoyed the bit with Oushi in this one, the lad saved Yuki at the store and then made it clear where he stands with Itsuomi and that he’d be there if Yuki was ever hurt, of course Yuki made it clear that it’s hard to hate Itsuomi but I still like what Oushi did here, of course he should maybe also try and move on but giving the backstory between these I two I can’t help but enjoy it lol. And Yuki managed to land that job, having a boss that understands sign language must be a huge relief and makes things a lot easier for her as a deaf person, now she can start earning that dough to hang out with her man lol.

And Shin finally made the move to not only tell Emma about Itsuomi having a girlfriend, but also confess at the same time, perhaps not the greatest time to do so but I respect the move, and it was funny how Emma was more shocked by this than Itsuomi’s girlfriend lol, I hope it goes well for Shin. And now we got an official date between Yuki and Itsuomi on our hands for the final episode, I’m absolutely not ready for this to end, it’s been one of my favorites this season no doubt.
TheColonel76Mar 16, 1:59 PM
Mar 16, 2:48 PM

Feb 2014
I do feel for Rin, as she's unsure if she and Kyouya are really in a relationship or not. For me, considering how these two interact with each other so far, I think the pair have gone beyond the close friendship tag, so I do hope they truly become a couple eventually. =)

As for Oushi, his timing at the supermarket to help Yuki out when she couldn't understand a worker in a face mask on was spot on. He's still rough around the edges with his responses, especially when Itsuomi's name gets mentioned a bit, but you can see that he's doing his best to improve himself. We also got a short flashback, where a train had to make an emergency stop, but since it was announced verbally via the speakers, Yuki didn't catch on. Oushi at that point didn't know how to use sign language, so being unable to help Yuki here made him frustrated, which that moment led to him learning sign language.

Shin finally gathered up the courage to meet with Emma and break the news to her that Itsuomi was dating, but he also went one step further by also confessing to Emma himself. She didn't buy it at first, due to his chosen words about not liking her back in high school, but you can tell that Shin is being truthful here, which left Emma shocked. I'm not sure if she'll say yes right away, but I do want Shin to finally succeed as well as for Emma to be able to move on from her feelings towards Itsuomi.

Only one episode left now, where Yuki and Itsuomi will have their first date. Here's hoping the final episode ends on a satisfying note.
Mar 16, 4:14 PM

Jul 2022
It's great that Rin can continue her date with Kyouya. If she is happy, I am happy and I hope they become a couple soon. By the way, I liked Yuki's boss.

From what I understood, from the way Yuki talks about Ouchi, it seemed like she had all the necessary cards to win her over, but she lost almost all of them by not being honest with her. He expected a few tears or at least a tear from Emma when he found out about her, although her confession may have "disoriented" her a bit. Anyway, her reaction when she found out made me laugh.

There's only one episode left of this anime and I'm not ready for it to end, but sooner or later it had to happen. Now, let's see how Yuki's date with Itsuomi goes.
Mar 16, 7:20 PM

Jan 2022
Crying because there's only 1 episode left. What the heck am I supposed to do after this is over? I guess I'll read the manga

Rin and Kyouya went on a cute zoo date ahh I'm so happy for her <3

Ahhh Oushi came and saved the day. I can tell he's trying to be a better person, shoot even Yuki noticed! What sucks is that Oushi had pure intentions but he sucks at communicating. If he wasn't such a dick, he could've easily won Yuki over but he fumbled hard. At least he's now realizing that himself lol

I like Yuki's new manager, she's a cutie. The staff lunch looked yummy.

I love Yuki and Itsu so damn much. They're so cute 😭
cooldogmomMar 16, 7:50 PM
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 16, 7:44 PM

Dec 2007
it was good to see that Oushi is starting to realise part of his mistakes and starting to grow up. but there is still a long way to go... he still just sees the inconvenience of her disability, instead of thinking on ways to make it easier for her to go shopping alone,he just has her depending on him again. this is such a big contrast to how Itsuomi always push her forward...

loved this episode. next week is going to be the season finale, I'll probably start reading the manga afterwards. I can't go without my weekly dose of Yuki cuteness
Mar 16, 8:40 PM
Jul 2023
Only one episode left I cannot deal 🥹
Mar 16, 8:56 PM

Sep 2018
One more episode of this shit, decided not to watch any shoujo next season, this was the final straw. Not that there was much to choose from, Vampire Dormitory and A Condition Called Love, both sound like bottom of the barrel, standard shoujo schlop.

Just realized with one episode left, nothing really interesting at all has happened in this anime, save for some shitty drama. Pretty exterior, but cheap and fragile underneath.

GakutoDeathGlareMar 16, 9:04 PM
Mar 16, 11:38 PM

Mar 2007
That was just so lovely!

Itsuomi and Yuuki's relationship building naturally, he encourages her, she gets a job, he's supportive, just awww.

Her best friend and his boss's relationship is growing too.

Oushi ... dang, I feel for Mr. Friendzone. It is true though, it's kind of hard to hate Itsuomi.

Now HIS best friend, tells Emma, and makes a confession. What will Emma do? Fingers crossed for him. I like him, I don't really want to see him hurt either.

This has been a lovely, mature romance.
Mar 17, 1:30 AM
Mar 2022
It is great and enjoyable and only one episode left😮‍💨
Mar 17, 2:27 AM

Feb 2021
Final episode next week. Poor Oushi. They should do 24-26 episodes to let Oushi be with Yuuki.
Mar 17, 3:03 AM

Jun 2012
Reply to Memore
Final episode next week. Poor Oushi. They should do 24-26 episodes to let Oushi be with Yuuki.
@Memore

^^^^^ someone that clearly doesn't read the manga

delulu is not the solulu in this case, fanfiction is

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 17, 3:31 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to NemuriNezumi
@Memore

^^^^^ someone that clearly doesn't read the manga

delulu is not the solulu in this case, fanfiction is
@NemuriNezumi, no, I read the manga, you are wrong.
Mar 17, 4:11 AM
Dec 2022
So this is the penultimate episode?! Couldn't believe it is the end of the season with the next episode. So Oushi comes out nice and a better man for it though a bit too late. Shin and Emma will be clearing their hearts out over Itsuomi for sure but how will they fare for each other. Then there's the other couple we should be thinking of. So many loose ends to tie up by the next episode. Then what is this I hear about an OVA being released. Will CR be showing it?

Err the last credit scene kinda reveals the last episode. A bit of a spoiler then. Cherry blossom? Now that's pretty apt in my opinion. What about the last few snippets of Itsuomi in Germany and Oushi as youngsters? Something of a 'what if' moment back in time? We will know for sure next episode. Anyone hoping for a Season 2? I am.
SenseiSempai-sanMar 17, 4:17 AM
Mar 17, 4:14 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to kisaragi_eki
The opening already spoil the last episode!!!

preview episode 12

@kisaragi_eki kinda yeah but its cherry blossom so kinda apt too in a way. The last few snippets show Itsuomi in Germany and Oushi too as youngsters. What is all that about. Interesting to find out.
Mar 17, 4:22 AM

Jun 2012
Reply to Memore
@NemuriNezumi, no, I read the manga, you are wrong.
@Memore lol, are you up to date at least

Mar 17, 4:24 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to NemuriNezumi
@Memore lol, are you up to date at least
@NemuriNezumi, yes, all the manga chapters which were translated into English. I simply hope for the author to give Oushi the chance to be with Yuki in future, that is all.
Mar 17, 4:25 AM

Jun 2012
Reply to Memore
@NemuriNezumi, yes, all the manga chapters which were translated into English. I simply hope for the author to give Oushi the chance to be with Yuki in future, that is all.
@Memore there is nothing wrong wishing for that but the way you said double the amount of ep would have yuki end up with Oushi is just utterly wrong and misleading

again nothing wrong wanting that but not to the point of spreading misleading events/information

Mar 17, 4:33 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to NemuriNezumi
@Memore there is nothing wrong wishing for that but the way you said double the amount of ep would have yuki end up with Oushi is just utterly wrong and misleading

again nothing wrong wanting that but not to the point of spreading misleading events/information
@NemuriNezumi, where exactly I spread misleading information? You write strange things and accusing me of what is not existed.
Mar 17, 4:40 AM

Jun 2012
Reply to Memore
@NemuriNezumi, where exactly I spread misleading information? You write strange things and accusing me of what is not existed.
@Memore "They should do 24-26 episodes to let Oushi be with Yuuki."

you know it's not a crime to read back on what you yourself wrote....it's still on the same page too

Mar 17, 4:46 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to SenseiSempai-san
@kisaragi_eki kinda yeah but its cherry blossom so kinda apt too in a way. The last few snippets show Itsuomi in Germany and Oushi too as youngsters. What is all that about. Interesting to find out.
@SenseiSempai-san
SenseiSempai-san said:
The last few snippets show Itsuomi in Germany and Oushi too as youngsters. What is all that about. Interesting to find out

That's itsuomi as a kid.
kisaragi_ekiMar 17, 4:51 AM
Mar 17, 4:50 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to SenseiSempai-san
So this is the penultimate episode?! Couldn't believe it is the end of the season with the next episode. So Oushi comes out nice and a better man for it though a bit too late. Shin and Emma will be clearing their hearts out over Itsuomi for sure but how will they fare for each other. Then there's the other couple we should be thinking of. So many loose ends to tie up by the next episode. Then what is this I hear about an OVA being released. Will CR be showing it?

Err the last credit scene kinda reveals the last episode. A bit of a spoiler then. Cherry blossom? Now that's pretty apt in my opinion. What about the last few snippets of Itsuomi in Germany and Oushi as youngsters? Something of a 'what if' moment back in time? We will know for sure next episode. Anyone hoping for a Season 2? I am.
SenseiSempai-san said:
What about the last few snippets of Itsuomi in Germany and Oushi as youngsters? Something of a 'what if' moment back in time? We will know for sure next

That's itsuomi as a kid.
We will get to see some of itsuomi backstory when he lived in Germany.

SenseiSempai-san said:
Anyone hoping for a Season 2? I am.

Im also hoping for a season 2!!!
As of episode 11 the anime adapted 19 chapter out of 42 chapters(latest chapter)
The anime already adapted 5 volume(as of episodes 11)out of 10 volume.
Latest volume is volume 10.
kisaragi_ekiMar 17, 5:10 AM
Mar 17, 5:27 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to NemuriNezumi
@Memore "They should do 24-26 episodes to let Oushi be with Yuuki."

you know it's not a crime to read back on what you yourself wrote....it's still on the same page too
@NemuriNezumi, yes, and what?
Mar 17, 5:32 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh shit look at that Yuuki hairstyle. Absolutely gorgeous.

Well idk how i feel about Oushi, but let bro doing all he can to move on, perhaps?

Meanwhile other stylish bro finally manage to tell the tale to Emma. Even though it should be a serious matter, but somehow they manage to make it lightly by how serious Shin responded to his teen bs saying about Emma. I can't help but laugh at that moment.

Tho gonna let Yuuki decided his dating place next for another good time for them. Its the next week then...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 17, 6:12 AM
Mar 2018
Another great episode! I felt so lost during Yuki's shopping scene where she can't lipread because of the mask; the director really managed to put us in her shoes.

Lots of important conversations this week, most notably Yuki/Oushi and Emma/Shin. I do wish the latter had gone on for longer, though.
Mar 17, 8:10 AM
Sep 2021
Finally Shin tells Emma his true feelings! Still unsure of what Emma really feels. I reckon he had a solid chance back when they were at school but obviously that one line he said saying he'd make sure he'd never fall for her sticks in Emma's mind. Is it too late for them now? Hopefully not. We'll find out next week.

They'd definitely be a cute couple so let's hope 💗.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

108 by pillowofwinds »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

104 by pillowofwinds »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10

143 by pillowofwinds »»
Yesterday, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

129 by pillowofwinds »»
Yesterday, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

127 by pillowofwinds »»
Yesterday, 1:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.