Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 14, 2:36 PM
Feb 2021
i thought this season was tuff. Idk why people keep hating on it wasn't that bad and I really enjoyed it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2:42 PM
May 2023
I think it’s bc season one set the bar WAYYY too high. Me personally season two was a big flop
Mar 14, 2:44 PM
Nov 2018
Some people say they didn't like the animation. Some say adaptation from the LN wasn't very good. I really don't know. I'm with you. I don't understand all the hate. I don't think it was really all that bad.
Mar 14, 2:53 PM

Apr 2021
I thought that the second season was enjoyable too.

Some complained about a bad adaption, but I don’t read the written material, so I don’t know.

Some complained about the animation, however, It really just seemed like they just wanted something to complain about, yet really couldn’t find anything significant, so they just complained about what they claimed was “bad art”.

Some complained it was boring and slow, but a lot of people just wanted the exact same “Hateful, Revenge, Vengeance” Naofumi and the first season story feel, so ignoring character growth and story development.

Overall, I really couldn’t agree with most the complaints and hate.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 14, 2:53 PM
Apr 2023
for me, things felt way too rushed, jumping to different plot points more abruptly than season 1 did sometimes. the relationship between the main trio also felt undermined for a good bit till we rushed into a conflict with that. there was also a couple of dropped plot points that seemed very important, but characters just breeze past them for what again felt like rushing to get to the next location or story point.
Mar 14, 2:56 PM

Apr 2021
RoboByleth said:
for me, things felt way too rushed, jumping to different plot points more abruptly than season 1 did sometimes. the relationship between the main trio also felt undermined for a good bit till we rushed into a conflict with that. there was also a couple of dropped plot points that seemed very important, but characters just breeze past them for what again felt like rushing to get to the next location or story point.

Interesting, you’re the first person I heard say it was rushed.

Most complaints I heard was that it was slow and boring.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 14, 2:57 PM
May 2022
try to remember what happened in s2 you will find your answer
My mal account is not working properly. In the last 24 hours, there isn't showing any forum discussion.  What should I do?! 
Mar 14, 3:10 PM
Nov 2018
adesh17 said:

They defeated a guardian beast and Kyo. Raphtalia got a vassal weapon to help Naofumi better. They went to another world and discovered that the waves were there too. They made new allies. Plenty happen.
Mar 14, 3:17 PM
May 2022
Moppit said:
adesh17 said:

They defeated a guardian beast and Kyo. Raphtalia got a vassal weapon to help Naofumi better. They went to another world and discovered that the waves were there too. They made new allies. Plenty happen.

it doesn't add any depth to the story.All these incidents doesn't matter later to the story.
My mal account is not working properly. In the last 24 hours, there isn't showing any forum discussion.  What should I do?! 
Mar 14, 3:20 PM
Sep 2021
I think I made a similar post last year with this exact same question.

I ended up watching the season and honestly, I usually remember exactly what happened or exactly why a season is good but I can barely remember anything about this season except a giant tortoise roaming about.

Point being, it was probably bad enough for me to forget almost everything about it.
Mar 14, 3:23 PM
Nov 2018
@adesh17 Can't expect every season to be exciting. Even if it's boring, you need something to build from, so the rest of the story will be better for it.
Mar 14, 3:29 PM
May 2022
Moppit said:
@adesh17 Can't expect every season to be exciting. Even if it's boring, you need something to build from, so the rest of the story will be better for it.

i hoped it too but s3 turn out to be worse than than S2 .
Mar 14, 4:06 PM
Jun 2021
I liked it. Who gives a fuck what random internet ppl think.
Mar 14, 4:16 PM
Sep 2023
I thought it was pretty mid honestly compared to the first season. The first season was great, it had an amazing storyline, characters and thought put into it, but I thought that season 2 felt rushed, it was kind of boring and kind of a let down compared to the first season. Honestly I feel like the anime should’ve ended with the first season since it gave a great ending and it stayed strong all the way through the the anime, but these other seasons can get pretty boring and uninteresting, this is just my opinion though.
Mar 14, 4:45 PM
Mar 2018
That’s because the first season was to hopeful , I thought this anime was gonna be some big revenge like redo healer 😅 but turns out not, its honestly why I slowed down watching it
Mar 14, 4:54 PM
Apr 2022
Because even without comparing it to anything it's got bad animation, a bad story, bad dialogue, and overall bad direction. Season 1 didn't set the bar too high, it's just a bad season of anime full stop
Mar 14, 5:25 PM

Apr 2021
adesh17 said:
Moppit said:

@Moppit blew away your your first point

Then you changed the subject, but things in season two actually did affect later events in season 3

So you changed the subject again to complain about season 3 being worse than season 2

Which goes to show that you really have no clue what your talking about.

Mar 14, 5:28 PM

Apr 2021
ChallengerUPC said:
Because even without comparing it to anything it's got bad animation, a bad story, bad dialogue, and overall bad direction. Season 1 didn't set the bar too high, it's just a bad season of anime full stop

Hater alert … makes generic complaints and mocks the anime

I have seen far better complaints about specific details of season 1, 2, 3

Mar 14, 5:31 PM

Mar 2013
I think the hate is mostly that since we see Malty, the main villain of the first season, be deposed of, that there was no reason for many viewers to continue watching the story. Sometimes stories just need to end, rather than being continued for the sake of being continued.

This issue is reminiscent of Bleach since Aizen's defeat, where both authors here meander after the defeat of a villain that was integral to the enjoyment of the first half of the story, alongside Naofumi not really being in an underdog position by the point the first season concluded. I love Bleach more than Shield Hero, but that doesn't mean I wanted it to continue beyond Aizen (Until Tite decided to try with the TYBW arc).
Mar 14, 5:40 PM
Apr 2022
ejleon said:
ChallengerUPC said:

Well yeah, I did kindof hate it. Wasn't that the topic? I gave some general reasons for that opinion. Why would I waste my time spelling out specific reasonings for something that had less redeeming qualities than things good about it. Is my opinion going to somehow change? Does me not spelling things out make my opinion invalid?
Also I don't think you know what mocking something means but this is MAL after all so I guess that's to be expected
Mar 14, 5:42 PM
May 2022
ejleon said:
adesh17 said:

Then you changed the subject, but things in season two actually did affect later events in season 3

So you changed the subject again to complain about season 3 being worse than season 2

i never said I liked s2 but I had high expectations after s1. So I thought maybe 2nd season is just some build up for the next season ... but gawd after finishing s3 i understood how wrong I was

And one more thing I hate is How da fnck every hero can be this dumb .if I was a complete hater i wouldn't have rated s1 this high
Mar 14, 5:42 PM
Jul 2022
Turtle arc with that cgi and maybe adaption but second half is great
Mar 14, 5:59 PM
May 2022
BRO Be like :

Since Berserk blasted its way to the top of the charts, there hasn't been a halfway decent fantasy anime out there... not until The Rise of the Shield Hero. This show excels at the fantasy setting. It's both fun, lighthearted and cheery, as well as dark, brooding and intense. After Berserk, been searching for a replacement fantasy anime series for the past 10 years. This is it. I'm impatiently waiting the next episodes. Well done, guys.
adesh17Mar 14, 6:07 PM
Jul 2020
adesh17 said:
Moppit said:

it doesn't add any depth to the story.All these incidents doesn't matter later to the story.

EACH of these events is really important to the story later on.

The Spirit Turtle and the Guardian Beasts add to the worldbuilding about how worlds work and how they must be protected even at the sacrifice of millions of people

Kyo being a reincarnator adds information about the story's true antagonists later on.

Raphtalia becoming a hero adds to the worldbuilding of the other worlds, their variety and how vassal weapons are different from legendary weapons

The allies that Naofumi makes this season, Kizuna, Glass and Ethnobalt are considerably relevant to the later development of the story and the depths of it.

The best part of Rising of Shield Hero has always been how everything that happens is more important than it seems and is used later in the story. It's a shame that the season was extremely rushed (4 volumes in 13 episodes compared to the first season and its 5 volumes in 25 episodes) and many points were ignored or lost.

Apr 2021
adesh17 said:
ejleon said:

i never said I liked s2 but I had high expectations after s1. So I thought maybe 2nd season is just some build up for the next season ... but gawd after finishing s3 i understood how wrong I was

And one more thing I hate is How da fnck every hero can be this dumb .if I was a complete hater i wouldn't have rated s1 this high

I did not claim that you liked season 2

Nothing he did was dumb
ejleonMar 14, 6:37 PM

Mar 14, 6:06 PM
May 2022
Zeth2604 said:
adesh17 said:

EACH of these events is really important to the story later on.

The Spirit Turtle and the Guardian Beasts add to the worldbuilding about how worlds work and how they must be protected even at the sacrifice of millions of people

Kyo being a reincarnator adds information about the story's true antagonists later on.

Raphtalia becoming a hero adds to the worldbuilding of the other worlds, their variety and how vassal weapons are different from legendary weapons

The allies that Naofumi makes this season, Kizuna, Glass and Ethnobalt are considerably relevant to the later development of the story and the depths of it.

The best part of Rising of Shield Hero has always been how everything that happens is more important than it seems and is used later in the story. It's a shame that the season was extremely rushed (4 volumes in 13 episodes compared to the first season and its 5 volumes in 25 episodes) and many points were ignored or lost.

i dunno about how good the source material is so I can't say much about that
Mar 14, 6:13 PM

Apr 2021
ChallengerUPC said:
ejleon said:

Well yeah, I did kindof hate it. Wasn't that the topic? I gave some general reasons for that opinion. Why would I waste my time spelling out specific reasonings for something that had less redeeming qualities than things good about it. Is my opinion going to somehow change? Does me not spelling things out make my opinion invalid?
Also I don't think you know what mocking something means but this is MAL after all so I guess that's to be expected

The person liked the show, asking why do people hate it, because it is good in their good.

This means he doesn’t agree with your type of attitude towards it.

You totally missed my point…

I mentioned people who actually watched the show and gave honest criticism of specific details, because they actually shared their own sincere opinion of the show.

All you did was repeat the genetic claims about the show that the hater crowd said, but those claims are without evidence, making them false, so you made your own opinion invalid.

I didn’t say you had to like or love the show, you could hate the show and just given honest criticism, I would have respect for your opinion.

But being a sheep that goes “bah bah bah” to follow the hater crowd is not good at all.
ejleonMar 14, 6:18 PM

Mar 14, 6:17 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to ejleon
ChallengerUPC said:
ejleon said:

The person liked the show, asking why do people hate it, because it is good in their good.

This means he doesn’t agree with your type of attitude towards it.

You totally missed my point…

I mentioned people who actually watched the show and gave honest criticism of specific details, because they actually shared their own sincere opinion of the show.

All you did was repeat the genetic claims about the show that the hater crowd said, but those claims are without evidence, making them false, so you made your own opinion invalid.

I didn’t say you had to like or love the show, you could hate the show and just given honest criticism, I would have respect for your opinion.

But being a sheep that goes “bah bah bah” to follow the hater crowd is not good at all.
ejleon said:

I agree that users on this forum could stand to be a bit more specific regarding what they dislike, but I also understand that people post mostly for themselves. If they want to express displeasure, they will likely do it in the way most comfortable to them, and I do think people can dislike a series without really being able to adequately express why. Good criticism takes effort and thought to write.

I find it weird that you are saying that without being specific, it makes said claims false or their opinion invalid. I think that is going too far. Accusing others of being sheep is less conducive to discussion than simple generic criticisms, I argue. I also do not really understand it. I think people can dislike things and just suck at enunciating why, especially if one of the most common criticism is that a show is simply boring.
Mar 14, 6:36 PM

Apr 2021
PeripheralVision said:
I think the hate is mostly that since we see Malty, the main villain of the first season, be deposed of, that there was no reason for many viewers to continue watching the story. Sometimes stories just need to end, rather than being continued for the sake of being continued.

This issue is reminiscent of Bleach since Aizen's defeat, where both authors here meander after the defeat of a villain that was integral to the enjoyment of the first half of the story, alongside Naofumi not really being in an underdog position by the point the first season concluded. I love Bleach more than Shield Hero, but that doesn't mean I wanted it to continue beyond Aizen (Until Tite decided to try with the TYBW arc).

I can understand your point, but I don’t think you are understanding what I am saying correctly.

I have no problem with someone expressing their own honest and sincere personal opinion, whether it’s for or against the show. I’ll respect their opinion and I will even fight for them to be able to share it.

If you ask these people to give an example and present evidence to support their opinion, they can explain their perspective to you.

However, the person that just says “bad animation, bad story, bad dialogue, bad direction” which are all just generic comments labeling the entire show as “bad” in general, it has the appearance of an opinion.

But because it is so general, it makes a person say, “Well, what do you mean, can you give and example and present evidence to explain your opinion?”, in order to understand their perspective.

Most of the time they won’t be able to present anything to support their comment, because it isn’t really an honest and sincere opinion, it’s just them mocking the show.

Hence why I consider those people to just be a “hater”.
ejleonMar 14, 7:03 PM

Mar 14, 6:44 PM
Mar 2021
RealityChanges said:
i thought this season was tuff. Idk why people keep hating on it wasn't that bad and I really enjoyed it.

Well, I will say I’m shocked anyone has this take, but I’ll put it like this if you want to like it go ahead, but from someone who doesn’t like it, it’s biggest weaknesses have to be its production quality which overall just looked bad for 2022 anime standards, including the PS1 Tortoise, and the fact that this clearly should not have been a 12 episode Season, Unfortunately the studio seemed like they wanted to skip through the content because apparently even The LN fans did not like those arcs. So we sum up an arc revolving around a girl being stuck in a pocket dimension for decades into 1 episode. Not to mention the whole getting Isekai’d from and Isekai was just not a good idea to begin with, The fights are just not interesting, after all Ryo got clapped by what can only be described as the power of friendship, the whole thing with the tortoise and that chick that was like the spirit of it or whatever. And the most redeeming aspect of The Rising Of The Shield Hero’s debut season being Naofumi and Raphtalia’s characters feel baren as Raphtalia feels like she’s gone through her entire character arc already. And Naofumi feels similar in that regard since the series doesn’t really do anything interesting with his character past like half way in S1.
Mar 14, 7:51 PM
Oct 2020
Season one simply set a high enough bar for season 2 and 3 to feel like utter garbage in story and character development.
Mar 14, 7:58 PM
May 2023
The turtle arc was boring but once we got to inception isekai i thought it got good again.
Mar 14, 8:44 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to ejleon
PeripheralVision said:

I can understand your point, but I don’t think you are understanding what I am saying correctly.

I have no problem with someone expressing their own honest and sincere personal opinion, whether it’s for or against the show. I’ll respect their opinion and I will even fight for them to be able to share it.

If you ask these people to give an example and present evidence to support their opinion, they can explain their perspective to you.

However, the person that just says “bad animation, bad story, bad dialogue, bad direction” which are all just generic comments labeling the entire show as “bad” in general, it has the appearance of an opinion.

But because it is so general, it makes a person say, “Well, what do you mean, can you give and example and present evidence to explain your opinion?”, in order to understand their perspective.

Most of the time they won’t be able to present anything to support their comment, because it isn’t really an honest and sincere opinion, it’s just them mocking the show.

ejleon said:

Sure some people do this, but people can dislike something without being on any bandwagon. If you find a lot of the same criticisms consistently repeated, there is a chance people actually feel that way. I enjoyed season 1 and watched all of season 2. Trying to pick specific examples of the aspects I found bad is pointless because I found them consistently terrible throughout the entirety of the season. Here: Throughout episodes 1-13 of season 2 with rare exception, I found the animation to be stiff, the art mediocre, the CGI ugly, the characters uncompelling, the dialogue generic and cringey, and the story boring with no reason to care about anything that was going on at any given time. Happy? Is my opinion "valid" now?

PeripheralVision said:
I agree that users on this forum could stand to be a bit more specific regarding what they dislike, but I also understand that people post mostly for themselves. If they want to express displeasure, they will likely do it in the way most comfortable to them, and I do think people can dislike a series without really being able to adequately express why. Good criticism takes effort and thought to write.

I find it weird that you are saying that without being specific, it makes said claims false or their opinion invalid. I think that is going too far. Accusing others of being sheep is less conducive to discussion than simple generic criticisms, I argue. I also do not really understand it. I think people can dislike things and just suck at enunciating why, especially if one of the most common criticism is that a show is simply boring.

It's nice seeing someone with a good head on their shoulders
Mar 14, 9:07 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to ejleon
PeripheralVision said:

@ejleon

I mean fair enough, but you are being a dick by claiming their opinions on a show is invalid. You are jumping the gun, so to speak. If you want to encourage discussion, be more tactful. Opinions cannot by their very nature be false. They of course can be based off of false premises and misconceptions but those render said opinions irrational, but not "false".

Accusing people of insincerity does nothing but invite anger and trouble.

In the end, you are not really "owed" an explanation as to why someone might feel negatively about a work. As I see it, forums are two things. Places to discuss, and places to post our opinions. Every opinion I post is not something I necessarily intend to lead to any discussion or follow-up. I post mostly because it is supposed to be for my own benefit, rather than anyone else. Because of this, I do not expect others to necessarily expound on their reasons, nor do I see it as something to really "care" about. Not everyone is a good critic, but that does not mean their feelings about a show are invalid.

You of course can and I argue should demand a higher degree of thought, but accusations of inauthenticity is most certainly not the way to go about it. Just ask. Not to be weird here, but you seem weirdly sensitive about others when they have different opinions than your own, and I just do not see why. Just something I noticed.
Mar 14, 9:28 PM
Jan 2022
this anime is different unlike happy going Isekai hero's world
Mar 15, 12:03 AM
Jun 2019
To me the dialogues were a big turn off. I felt like most of characters were talking just to fill a few minutes of the episode.
Also the villain was a generic bad guy, and his way of acting was overall exaggerated and unrealistic, while in first season the "real villain" was the refuse of society for the shield hero (which felt both realistic and well written).
Season one was a good story, the revenge of a man despised by society, and the redemption of that same man from the hate he has for that same society. Season two is just some generic fantasy action with dimensional travel and almost no character depth or growth (at least compared to S1).

So yeah, to sum up season 1 was a "different" story; it set the bar high.
Season 2 is just generic fantasy (with mid writing if I can say that), which is kinda boring compared ro S1, that's why lost of people disliked it.
Mar 15, 12:10 AM
Jun 2022
it was a complication of many factors, most of them already listed from other people in the comment section. Firstly the s1 set a pretty high bar that the following season failed miserably to meet. They were some behind the scenes drama in regards the director i believe, and overall a weird production period.The animation was worse than s1 in my opinion but that alone wasn't a really major issue. The main complaint most people have with s2 is the awful pacing drop of plot points like its nothing and the bad writing. It was major disappointment for all the fans of the series when they saw the mess s2 was and most if not the majority of the viewers (including me) dropped the show with a bitter taste in our mouths. I believe it's also the expectations then vs now. When the s2 started a whole lot of people were hyped and then they got so mad that started calling s2 trash and an overall awful show. People that watched s2 after some time, they heard that it was the worst thing in history and they came with low to no expectations.When you go to a show with no expectations and you realise that the show was nowhere near as bad as people make out to be you be confused, something thats completely understandable, thats the situation rn.
Mar 15, 2:40 AM
Jul 2021
Because the animation is absolutly terrible and the pacing is awfull.
Mar 15, 5:03 AM
Jun 2022
I don't understand the hate either I liked season 2, ok it wasn't as good as season 1 but still it wasn't as bad as everyone says it was for me. Maybe it's also because anime can convince me right away and then I say the anime was good even if it's not the case for others.
ZeroChan0Mar 15, 5:06 AM
Mar 15, 7:41 AM
Jul 2023
Yall need to watch more anime is the conclusion I'm drawing from this thread 😭
Mar 15, 9:53 AM
Feb 2022
RealityChanges said:

only one thing is bad rishia rest it's good.
Mar 15, 10:35 AM
Dec 2019
RealityChanges said:

People say season 1 set the bar too high, or the animation, or how everything past season one is lackluster, but I personally jump for joy at each episode that comes out. I don’t read the written material, AND EVEN IF I DID, I WOULDN’T BE IMMATURE AND CRY ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET AND MAKE CLAIMS AS IF THEY WERE FACTS. Shield Hero definitely keeps up the momentum, but because it delves away from the whole everyone-hates-the-MC shtick— it can’t try to be anything else. Season 2 was goated in my opinion despite not being well received light novel-wise. Season 3 sets up for some good seasons to come, and I got spoiled by one major thing, so it’s hard to watch without crying on the inside since the Phoenix arc is so close. But honestly, there isn’t a real reason why Shield Hero gets hate other than the spotlight effect. Think about it this way: if JJK were like Shield Hero, released what feels like the bare minimum tos some people, it would get slammed by everyone that hyped it up since seasons 1 and 2 performed so well. So after Naofumi beat his allegations, people forgot what Shield Hero was even about, and because everyone liked it for what was in front of them, they, in their heads, nixed everything else it has to offer and spread hate as if that’s stopping Shield Hero from getting more seasons. People need to realize these online forums; they don’t make up even 25% of people or the actual reception for the anime or light novel and keep their unconstructive opinions to themselves because no, it’s not that Shield Hero can do no wrong, but it’s got allegations that it’s not even committing. It was in the spotlight and couldn’t be consistent in what people wanted it to be, plain and simple.
Mar 15, 11:19 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to ChallengerUPC
ejleon said:

Sure some people do this, but people can dislike something without being on any bandwagon. If you find a lot of the same criticisms consistently repeated, there is a chance people actually feel that way. I enjoyed season 1 and watched all of season 2. Trying to pick specific examples of the aspects I found bad is pointless because I found them consistently terrible throughout the entirety of the season. Here: Throughout episodes 1-13 of season 2 with rare exception, I found the animation to be stiff, the art mediocre, the CGI ugly, the characters uncompelling, the dialogue generic and cringey, and the story boring with no reason to care about anything that was going on at any given time. Happy? Is my opinion "valid" now?

PeripheralVision said:

It's nice seeing someone with a good head on their shoulders
@ChallengerUPC

Did you not read where I said “giving general comments” vs “presenting specific details about the anime”?

If you can’t tell the difference between your comment vs the other person’s comment, then it’s hopeless to talk to you.
ejleonMar 15, 11:23 AM

Mar 15, 11:23 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to PeripheralVision
@ejleon

I mean fair enough, but you are being a dick by claiming their opinions on a show is invalid. You are jumping the gun, so to speak. If you want to encourage discussion, be more tactful. Opinions cannot by their very nature be false. They of course can be based off of false premises and misconceptions but those render said opinions irrational, but not "false".

Accusing people of insincerity does nothing but invite anger and trouble.

In the end, you are not really "owed" an explanation as to why someone might feel negatively about a work. As I see it, forums are two things. Places to discuss, and places to post our opinions. Every opinion I post is not something I necessarily intend to lead to any discussion or follow-up. I post mostly because it is supposed to be for my own benefit, rather than anyone else. Because of this, I do not expect others to necessarily expound on their reasons, nor do I see it as something to really "care" about. Not everyone is a good critic, but that does not mean their feelings about a show are invalid.

You of course can and I argue should demand a higher degree of thought, but accusations of inauthenticity is most certainly not the way to go about it. Just ask. Not to be weird here, but you seem weirdly sensitive about others when they have different opinions than your own, and I just do not see why. Just something I noticed.
@PeripheralVision

A word of caution on MAL, watch the words you use or you call people in the comments. I’m not going to report you for calling me a name, but there are mods that will delete your comment and give you a warning for the words you use.

———

Opinions can be false, but it doesn’t reveal that they are “irrational”, which means lacking the ability to reason or that their thinking is absurd.

A person can say, “My opinion is that the Greek city of Athens did not exist.”, but there is evidence that Athens existed, so their opinion is false, but due to lack of knowledge, not do to them being irrational, and once they learn of that knowledge, that person should change their opinion.

And this has nothing to do with people disagreeing with my own personal opinion / perspective. There are plenty of people that have disagreed with me on MAL, explained why, and even changed my mind about an anime, or we have agreed to disagree.

So I take offense at your assumption about me.

You can give a review of the anime, if you don’t other people to respond to you, but the forum is made to provide a space for people to have discussion.

———

The only thing worse than someone playing the “victim card”, is someone playing the “victim card” for another person, to defend them without having any evidence to support their perspective.

Do you know this person that you can speak for them?

Is that why you are being so defensive for them?

You are already starting with the assumption that I’m wrong and they’re right, you are making excuses for them, and accusing me of being unreasonable and rude.

I haven’t seen you talk to the other person at all nor have you asked them questions, like I suggested.

Is that what you call being fair?

At this point, you have no clue, if they are not doing what I’m accusing them of, nor do you have any evidence that my perspective is wrong.

I am speaking from experience, especially in speaking to multiple people that acted exactly like that person, specifically for this anime, as well as other anime.

I will take what you said into consideration, but I will keep my own counsel on whom I trust.
ejleonMar 15, 11:26 AM

Mar 15, 12:03 PM
Apr 2022
ejleon said:
@ChallengerUPC

Did you not read where I said “giving general comments” vs “presenting specific details about the anime”?

If you can’t tell the difference between your comment vs the other person’s comment, then it’s hopeless to talk to you.

Did you not read where I said I was referring to the entire season? Since you refuse to get the inference, I'm saying take your pick.

Also I don't know who "the other person" is but I'm not sure what ever gave you hope talking to me about this when I said I disliked every major aspect of the season full stop. You were barking up the wrong tree to begin with my guy. Maybe this could be a lesson to you about choosing your battles or something

Edit: Ah I see the other follow-up posts now. Doesn't change anything but I had missed them
ChallengerUPCMar 15, 12:06 PM
Mar 15, 12:12 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to ChallengerUPC
ejleon said:
@ChallengerUPC

Did you not read where I said I was referring to the entire season? Since you refuse to get the inference, I'm saying take your pick.

Also I don't know who "the other person" is but I'm not sure what ever gave you hope talking to me about this when I said I disliked every major aspect of the season full stop. You were barking up the wrong tree to begin with my guy. Maybe this could be a lesson to you about choosing your battles or something

Edit: Ah I see the other follow-up posts now. Doesn't change anything but I had missed them
@ChallengerUPC

You and the other person were speaking about the same things, you both didn’t like the anime, but you did exactly what I said about presenting examples and explaining what you disliked, while the other person just gave general comments saying “bad”.

There is a major difference.

I didn’t have hope in talking to you, I said it’s a waste of my time trying to explain anything to you, because you can’t even see the different between your comment and the other person’s comment.

So I’m not going to try to get you to understand.

Mar 15, 2:05 PM
Apr 2023
Personally, I disliked it because it felt like they lost the plot. The entire season felt more like one big filler episode rather than a continuation of s1. If I don’t take s1 into account, id probably have given it a better score; but the pacing was just so much unnecessarily slower that it was a slog to watch.
Mar 15, 2:15 PM

Apr 2021
Natedog22 said:
Personally, I disliked it because it felt like they lost the plot. The entire season felt more like one big filler episode rather than a continuation of s1. If I don’t take s1 into account, id probably have given it a better score; but the pacing was just so much unnecessarily slower that it was a slog to watch.

May I ask you, what is the plot you are thinking was lost?

I thought the plot was the hero’s fighting the waves.

Mar 15, 10:28 PM
Apr 2023
ejleon said:
Natedog22 said:

Precisely, so going to another other world to fight a mad scientist and then coming back to the original other world to fight a giant tortoise instead of the waves has little relevance to the original objectives of the heroes. I even liked the mini-arc where raphtalia has to fend for herself in the Japan rip-off world and gets some nice character development, but the other half of the season just goes nowhere for way too long.
Mar 15, 10:57 PM

Apr 2021
Natedog22 said:
ejleon said:

Precisely, so going to another other world to fight a mad scientist and then coming back to the original other world to fight a giant tortoise instead of the waves has little relevance to the original objectives of the heroes. I even liked the mini-arc where raphtalia has to fend for herself in the Japan rip-off world and gets some nice character development, but the other half of the season just goes nowhere for way too long.

Actually…

What that other worlder did was force a false wave to occur, disrupting the timing of the waves, so that needed to be stopped.

And the spirit tortoise protects the world from the waves by making a protective barrier, so it still had to do with the waves, expect this time the spirit tortoise was not killed correcting by the previous four heroes, so it came back in a more terrible form, meaning it was necessary to kill it to save people’s lives.

The rest of the archs also had to do with the waves as well.

I watched the seasons all with the same mindset of “the heroes need to help with the waves”, and the anime has stayed true to that.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

118 by Palupark »»
May 12, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

232 by FuchsiaBC »»
Apr 27, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

294 by somedudetalon »»
Apr 16, 7:34 PM

» Tbh Just SKIP the Turtle Arc

Br3dWinn3rs - Jun 25, 2022

33 by sakuraspace »»
Mar 1, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

173 by ookamiAki »»
Feb 7, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.