Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan' Gets TV Anime in Summer 2024

New
Mar 12, 8:39 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Production company Twin Engine opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Oshioshio's Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan (My Deer Friend Nokotan) on Wednesday, revealing the main staff, cast, the first key visual (pictured), and first promotional video. The anime series will begin airing on July 7 at 11:30 p.m. on Tokyo MX and BS NTV.

Cast
Noko Shikanoko (Nokotan): Megumi Han ("Oshi no Ko")
Torako Koshi (Koshitan): Saki Fujita (Yuru Yuri)
Anko Koshi (Anko): Rui Tanabe (Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin)
Meme Bashame (Bashame): Fuuka Izumi (Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete)
Narrator: Kousuke Toriumi (5-toubun no Hanayome ∬)

Staff
Director: Masahiko Oota (Gabriel DropOut)
Series Composition, Script: Takashi Aoshima (Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo)
Character Design: Ayumu Tsujimura (Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song animation director)
Music: Yasuhiro Misawa (Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!)
Studio: WIT Studio

Oshioshio originally began the school comedy manga in Shounen Magazine Edge in November 2019. Following the magazine's discontinuation in October 2023, the manga transferred to the Magazine pocket app in December that year. Kodansha published the fourth volume last February.

Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the manga in English in July 2021 and released the fourth volume in October 2023.

Synopsis
No one knows Torako used to be a delinquent. All of her classmates only know her as the perfect student. But everything changes when Nokotan, a transfer student with antlers, enters her life. Antlers aren't the only thing strange about Nokotan. Her deer nose can sniff out Torako's secret past! Whether it's at school or the zoo, chaos follows this doe-eyed girl's every step. Torako has so many questions! Is Nokotan a deer, a girl, or something in-between? (Source: Seven Seas Entertainment)

PV 1

Official site: https://www.anime-shikanoko.jp/
Official X (Twitter): @shikanoko_PR

Source: Press Release

Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan on MAL
VindstotMar 12, 8:47 PM

Mar 12, 8:50 PM

Feb 2020
what is wit studio doin with this series lmao

On the other hand, i didnt rly think the comedy was that great, coming from the first 2 volumes. Well at least i wont need to buy more volumes to see if it gets better. animation should make the scenes more lively or so (especially given the pv)
BoazanianMar 12, 8:54 PM
Mar 12, 10:39 PM

Sep 2020
Another mid by wit studio
Mar 13, 12:16 AM

Jul 2021
was not expecting to be as amused by the trailer as I am. might give the show a try
Mar 13, 12:59 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Boazanian
what is wit studio doin with this series lmao

On the other hand, i didnt rly think the comedy was that great, coming from the first 2 volumes. Well at least i wont need to buy more volumes to see if it gets better. animation should make the scenes more lively or so (especially given the pv)
@Boazanian Is this manga yuri? The author, judging by their portfolio, is a typical moe illustrator who received more tame serialization (common for moe illustrators, but I don't want to speculate), but some resources indicate this as yuri. Anyway, at this point it looks like a characteristic CGDCT sitcom comedy show.
Mar 13, 2:32 AM
Jan 2016
Ok that pun got a chuckle out of me
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Mar 13, 4:47 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to ZXEAN
Another mid by wit studio
@ZXEAN

Pretty much this. Recently WIT studio have been doing some pretty lame stuff and make bizarre decisions.
Mar 13, 5:07 AM

Jan 2019
I honestly can't remember anything about this, other than that I found the few chapters I read of it incredibly bizarre.

Might consider checking it out again in anime form, though. Wouldn't be the first manga I've read where the anime makes it a lot easier for me to get into.
Mar 13, 5:14 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to IzayoiSk
@ZXEAN

Pretty much this. Recently WIT studio have been doing some pretty lame stuff and make bizarre decisions.
@IzayoiSk Things can still change, lol. I remember how everyone accused PAWORKS of adapting a bishoujo gacha game when they first announced Uma Musume. In the end, it turned out that they rebooted the game plot and it gave us pretty impressive sports story.
Mar 13, 6:57 AM

Feb 2020
RobertBobert said:
@Boazanian Is this manga yuri? The author, judging by their portfolio, is a typical moe illustrator who received more tame serialization (common for moe illustrators, but I don't want to speculate), but some resources indicate this as yuri. Anyway, at this point it looks like a characteristic CGDCT sitcom comedy show.

from what i remember, i think it was more closer to bait and cgdct. Potentially could have changed in later volumes but it didnt look like it would from what i read up to
Mar 13, 7:46 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
no matter how many anime i've watched... theres always that one show that got me saying

LOL

we don't get very many gag-humor anime anymore, so shows like this are always nostalgic
Mar 13, 8:54 AM

Dec 2021
The trailer editing is really good.

Not sure what WIT is cooking, but I'm sure it'll be great, even if it's for a show like this... lol.

Mar 13, 10:46 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Boazanian
RobertBobert said:

from what i remember, i think it was more closer to bait and cgdct. Potentially could have changed in later volumes but it didnt look like it would from what i read up to
@Boazanian So, in the volumes that you read, the fact that the author was previously associated with yuri and moe was not particularly noticeable?
Mar 13, 12:18 PM

Feb 2020
RobertBobert said:
@Boazanian So, in the volumes that you read, the fact that the author was previously associated with yuri and moe was not particularly noticeable?

Maybe a little, but the cutesy design was more apparent, probably bcuz the author drew vtubers and fanart and whatever

Oh but i would say the author made use of moe gap for the characters
Mar 13, 12:23 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Boazanian
RobertBobert said:

Maybe a little, but the cutesy design was more apparent, probably bcuz the author drew vtubers and fanart and whatever

Oh but i would say the author made use of moe gap for the characters
@Boazanian Well, I haven't follow him much, but from the resources available, he had an active career as a yuri illustrator, including, predictably, a couple of stories for yuri anthologies. And a short CGDCT manga that didn't have any tags. I apologize if I'm digging too deep, I have a habit of studying all the details of adaptations that interest me.
Mar 13, 12:29 PM

Feb 2020
RobertBobert said:
@Boazanian Well, I haven't follow him much, but from the resources available, he had an active career as a yuri illustrator, including, predictably, a couple of stories for yuri anthologies. And a short CGDCT manga that didn't have any tags. I apologize if I'm digging too deep, I have a habit of studying all the details of adaptations that interest me.

hm, I think its interesting. like potentially it could go down that route considering their background. Not to mention that its basically all-female cast. tho we still gotta remember that it focuses more on the comedy aspect so more intimate relationships might not get explored until much later, if at all
Mar 13, 12:37 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Boazanian
RobertBobert said:

hm, I think its interesting. like potentially it could go down that route considering their background. Not to mention that its basically all-female cast. tho we still gotta remember that it focuses more on the comedy aspect so more intimate relationships might not get explored until much later, if at all
@Boazanian As I understand it, one way or another this is a case when it “needs to be kept in mind,” taking into account the objective tastes of the author. So that later I would not be disappointed, convincing myself that it will definitely be yuri / will not be yuri. But in any case, thanks for the dialogue, I’ll know approximately what to expect.
Mar 24, 12:04 AM

Oct 2017
Cute anime but wait wit?
Mar 24, 8:28 AM
Dec 2013
Even if Wit Studio is doing adaptations of stuff like this, remember they're still doing the next season of Ascendance of a Bookworm (the light novel is supposed to be one of the GOATs) as well as the One Piece remake (manga is also one of the GOATs) too.
Apr 9, 9:21 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to wildhood
Even if Wit Studio is doing adaptations of stuff like this, remember they're still doing the next season of Ascendance of a Bookworm (the light novel is supposed to be one of the GOATs) as well as the One Piece remake (manga is also one of the GOATs) too.
@wildhood

All of this sounds new to me.

Why would One Piece need a remake?

Also, hasn't Ascendance of a Bookworm ended with season 3?
bruh
Apr 9, 9:31 AM
Dec 2013
Reply to FullyCharged
@wildhood

All of this sounds new to me.

Why would One Piece need a remake?

Also, hasn't Ascendance of a Bookworm ended with season 3?
@FullyCharged Then you just weren't aware then. One Piece getting a remake was huge news and it was announced in December. I don't exactly know why it's getting a remake, but it's getting one anyway: https://myanimelist.net/anime/57557/The_One_Piece?q=the%20one%20piece&cat=anime

And a fourth season of Ascendance of a Bookworm was also announced in December: https://myanimelist.net/anime/57466/Honzuki_no_Gekokujou__Shisho_ni_Naru_Tame_ni_wa_Shudan_wo_Erandeiraremasen_-_Ryoushu_no_Youjo

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Today

0 by Aiimee »»
Today, 10:47 AM

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
Today, 10:30 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Today

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Today, 8:56 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
Today, 6:53 AM

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
Today, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.