Forum Settings
Forums

Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

New
Mar 9, 9:45 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
TOHO animation opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Edelweiss' Tensui no Sakuna-hime (Sakuna: Of Rice And Ruin) video game on Saturday, revealing the cast and a teaser visual (pictured). The anime, produced by P.A. Works, will premiere on TV Tokyo in 2024.

Cast
Sakuna-hime: Naomi Oozora (Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!)
Tama-jii: Takashi Narumi (Hataraku Saibou Black)
Kokorowa-hime: Rika Kinugawa (Zombieland Saga)
Tauemon: Ryouta Yano
Myrthe: Hikari Kubota (Extreme Hearts)
Kinta: Souma Maeda (Hetalia: The Beautiful World)
Yui: Aoi Koga (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen)
Kaimaru: Rika Momokawa (Sansha Sanyou)
Kamuhutsuki: Miwa Kohinata (Uchuu Kyoudai)
Ashigumo: Riki Kagami (Violet Evergarden)
Ishimaru: Yuuji Kameyama (Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu)

Edelweiss created the side-scrolling action role-playing game, which was released in November 2020 on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC by Xseed Games in North America and Marvelous elsewhere.

Synopsis
Spoiled harvest goddess Sakuna finds herself banished from her opulent celestial home to an island overrun with demons. In the untamed wilderness, she must rediscover her birthright as the daughter of a warrior god and harvest goddess by weathering the elements, fighting monsters, and cultivating rice, the source of her power. By her side in this forbidding place is her guardian Tama and a group of outcast humans. Together, these unlikely companions must join hands to tame both the soil and the demons of Hinoe Island. (Source: Nintendo US)

Announcement

Official site: https://sakuna-anime.com/
Official X (Twitter): @sakuna_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Tensui no Sakuna-hime on MAL
VindstotMar 9, 2:54 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 9, 9:49 AM

Jul 2015
PA Works making an adaptation of video game? That's a first.

Mar 9, 11:34 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Piromysl
PA Works making an adaptation of video game? That's a first.
@Piromysl Don't forget about Uma Musume and Akiba Maid War, which they created as part of multimedia projects with a gaming company. Also, if I'm not confusing anything, their Fairy Gone was accompanied by a game adaptation too.

This game has a lot of nice Sony Playstation vibes, but I don't quite understand what type of anime they want to turn this into. A typical cute adventure of tomboy protagonist, the power of friendship and the people around her?
RobertBobertMar 9, 11:40 AM
Mar 9, 12:08 PM

Jul 2021
The art style always caught my eye whenever I was browsing the gaming news or the storefronts. Interested in how this will turn out as an anime. Hope it has lots of rice farming.

It's good to see P.A. Works too.
Mar 9, 2:32 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
@Piromysl Don't forget about Uma Musume and Akiba Maid War, which they created as part of multimedia projects with a gaming company. Also, if I'm not confusing anything, their Fairy Gone was accompanied by a game adaptation too.

This game has a lot of nice Sony Playstation vibes, but I don't quite understand what type of anime they want to turn this into. A typical cute adventure of tomboy protagonist, the power of friendship and the people around her?
@RobertBobert Could be a blend of slice of life farming and then a mix of adventure just like the game. That is what I would assume. Either way count me in the game was pretty nice so seeing it get an anime is neat.
Mar 9, 2:44 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Calal-Chan
@RobertBobert Could be a blend of slice of life farming and then a mix of adventure just like the game. That is what I would assume. Either way count me in the game was pretty nice so seeing it get an anime is neat.
@Calal-Chan Do you think it will be a mixture of a "farming" anime (I've only seen one such show, but I liked it) and a typical action adventure?
Mar 9, 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Never got around to the game but I wonder if this is one of those things where the game is super comfy and relaxing but putting it in anime form ends up feeling uneventful like what happened with atelier ryza.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 9, 5:25 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
@Calal-Chan Do you think it will be a mixture of a "farming" anime (I've only seen one such show, but I liked it) and a typical action adventure?
@RobertBobert Probably. Around half the game is centered around farming. And even when they adventure they collect stuff as well. So yeah it will probably be around 50/50. If they follow the game that is.
Mar 9, 8:32 PM
Apr 2013
2024 eh. That aside.

So it seems the main character(?) is voiced by ozora naomi, but aside from that I know nothing about this.

Also its a game adaptation. Hmm.

The main visual doesnt really help much though.

You know the irony is I was just asking, why cant we have a farming anime with a girl main character. But we'll see I guess. July or oct is still some time away.
Mar 9, 11:20 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to JizzyHitler
Never got around to the game but I wonder if this is one of those things where the game is super comfy and relaxing but putting it in anime form ends up feeling uneventful like what happened with atelier ryza.
@JizzyHitler I haven't played the game, but they say it's quite challenging and keeps you on your toes in a good way.
Mar 10, 7:44 AM

Feb 2024
I heard that P.A.WORKS has started rice farming last year.
https://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/2403/10/news053.html
Mar 10, 10:38 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to GinIonSui
I heard that P.A.WORKS has started rice farming last year.
https://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/2403/10/news053.html
@GinIonSui I wonder if they made craft whiskey while working on an anime about a family liquor business, lol.
Mar 10, 11:44 AM

Nov 2008
Hopefully it's better than the Shining Hearts anime, scratch that it'll be far better than the Shining Hearts anime.

Mar 10, 4:05 PM

May 2012
I loved the game when I played it few years ago. The anime style side-scroller was very addictive after a while, the soundtracks were pretty good. Having finished the game, love to see how the anime handles the game's storyline and action sequences. I guess the anime can get away with 12-13 episodes if they focus only on the main plot. But if they are going to expand a little bit and exploring the characters, then the anime should be around 20 episodes or more. Now I wonder how they are going to handle the power up parts from planting rice.
Looking forward to this one.

Mar 10, 6:52 PM

Aug 2016
The game was pretty cool with the rice farming stuff, I hope the anime follows suit

Mar 13, 2:39 PM

Feb 2022
Sweet!. This could be really cool.
Mar 23, 11:58 PM

Oct 2017
Never heard of the game but gonna keep an eye on this.
May 5, 10:30 AM

Aug 2018
As the game came out so long ago I thought this was fake when I saw that this was getting adapted as I missed the original announcement back in March.

Now I know that it is legit I think P.A was the perfect studio to adapt this. I just hope they focus more on the slice of life time on the rice farm which P.A excel at over the more action oriented scenes where the levels take place.
May 6, 8:17 PM

Aug 2010
I almost bought this game years ago, lol.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

More topics from this board

» 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Reveals Production Staff, Theme Songs, Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

6 by RobertBobert »»
30 minutes ago

» TOHO Strengthens Animation Division with Acquisition of Science SARU

Vindstot - Yesterday

12 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

20 by ExistingTM »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - May 21

15 by Rhae »»
7 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

46 by LilBootyCall »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.