Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
This show really loves its food, even simple as cookies and ramen prepared easily. Cute they also put a cooking apron on the demon king's daughter.

Vanilla is back again and we got to see how hard she tries to make a cake. She and Hime has some amusing chemistry imo.
Mar 4, 7:43 AM

Dec 2021
Tortura might be taking a break from torturing Hime, but now she's torturing us.

During her business trip, Tortura rested her tired body in the hotel after finishing her work. Normally, she would have a balanced meal, but today was special due to the trip. Tortura's own "reward dinner for hard work" begins. Meanwhile, at the Demon King's castle, the Demon King, Lulune, and Maomao-chan attempt to make cookies as a family activity. It's Maomao-chan's first time making cookies, and she eagerly wonders about whether or not she will be able to do it well. Later, after Maomao-chan goes to bed, the Demon King and Queen Lulune have a conversation.

You gotta make more stories to be on top in Japan stores, and that's good luck. Tortura would be a great chef for sure. Then back to Maomao-chan, who's like an angel. But Lulune? She's a goddess. The Demon Lord is the best and luckiest dad in all of anime - best dad, best mom, and best daughter. They're such a sweet family; hope we see more of them. It's cool that those "evil" demons won't stoop to grave robbing. But man, that tea looked so good, I need a cup of it.

Maomao-chan sure hit the jackpot with those awesome parents!

Mar 4, 9:14 AM

Feb 2021
2:32 "ano" means "that", so this is just "that hotel" (can also be "the hotel")

4:14 Kitsune udon (きつねうどん) - udon with deep-fried tofu (it has "fox" in its name, because aburaage (油揚げ - thin deep-fried slices of tofu) often appears as a fox's favorite food in Japanese folktales)

This shit too precious, I can't *heart stops*
Scene after credits!
Mar 4, 10:02 AM

Mar 2021
Really chill episode, Maomao is just adorable I would love to see her get her own spin-off show.
Mar 4, 11:38 AM

Apr 2012
If I were the Hime, I'd defect and live almost these people who showed me nothing but peace, hospitality, and friendship. To hell with the imperial army! All the ever did for me was deprive me of my childhood so they could raise me as a weapon.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 4, 12:07 PM

Apr 2022
This is great, what a perfect way to chill out on a monday
Mar 4, 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
The show keeps getting sweeter, it was low even for Torture to use Maomao's first cookies for the torture but you gotta do what you gotta do, it seems Vanilla also has such carrying and supportive parents but now I'm worried about her job. I can't get enough of those moments of the Demon King's family, he is such a lovely father and husband, they also live in a surprisingly normal home.
Mar 4, 2:23 PM

Nov 2016
Tis Time for "Torture," Princess is a cute girls doing cute girls series in disguise, but you actually get family time with a demon lord xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 4, 2:24 PM

Dec 2022
Maomao is proving her skills time and time again. Not only can she get secrets out of both the princess and the Demon King, but she also wounded the Demon King in combat while baking delicious cookies and withstood the bell pepper's bitter assault. If I were her dad, I'd be proud to leave the empire in such capable hands.

Tortura, being away on a business trip, tortures herself with delicious convenience store and hotel food, and Vanilla is still great at cozying up to the princess but terrible at getting secrets from her.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Mar 4, 2:48 PM

Jan 2016
This anime is slowly growing on me. These episodes are so heart-warming...
I still can't get around liking the torture parts with the same monologues but everything else is damn good!
After this episode Vanilla x Hime parts are definitely my favorites, their interactions are just so cute
Mar 4, 3:25 PM

Feb 2019
Aww seeing the demon lord, Maomao and the queen just lounging around having a nice family bonding experience cooking was so cute! No wonder the demon lord pulled such a beautiful woman, he’s pretty charming and sweet.

The cookies turned out great and Hime of course is gonna love anything that comes from Maomao lol.

Nice to see Vanilla back! Of course Hime wouldn’t forget her after last episode.

I still can’t get over how nice a fella the demon lord is. Bro won’t even consent to defiling graves for the treasure. Then in the post credits scene we see that he’s the one who does the dishes lol. He was dying to go to Maomao’s parent luncheon too. Such a sweet guy.
Marinate1016Mar 4, 3:43 PM
Mar 4, 4:29 PM

Jul 2022
Torture finally has a day off after a business trip, and it's nice to see her trying to eat healthy. But let's face it, anyone would give in to so many food options at a buffet. (Side note, the name of the hotel Torture stayed at is a little STRANGE in Spanish. And the same thing happened with the cafeteria in Solo Leveling.)

It's great to see moments with Maomao and his family. The Dark Lord became one of my favorite characters: he is a great father who gives lessons and advice to his daughter, as well as a total gentleman for saving his wife from getting hurt or not trying to loot tombs. They are like the ultimate family goals and complement each other perfectly.

Hime is so charming and recognizes all the effort Vanilla put into baking the cake.
Mar 4, 5:52 PM

Nov 2023
Vanilla and Hime were cute.

It's very fun episode.

Hush! My dear, don't you cry
Pino gonna sing you a lullaby
Hush! My dear, don't be sad
Pino gonna sing a song he heard.
Mar 4, 6:51 PM
Mar 2023
This show will give me diabetes, I really love it.
Mar 4, 8:48 PM

May 2019
I figured that the demon lord injured his hand by doing something around the house, especially when his daughter said she wanted to make cookies, rather than from combat.

With Torture being great at her job she may need to give pointers to Vanilla who appears to be struggling, at least when it comes to making Hime confess.
Mar 4, 9:53 PM
Oct 2019
Maou-sama W Husband and Father!!

Hime should just betrayed humanity and live with the Demons.
Mar 5, 12:48 AM

Jul 2019
I like the contrast between the demon lord and everyone else. He dresses the part, chuckles menacingly and all that while Lulune, Maomao-chan and most other adults dress like regular people. Also, he behaves like a perfect gentleman and overall a good person.
Mar 5, 3:38 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Janethan23
If I were the Hime, I'd defect and live almost these people who showed me nothing but peace, hospitality, and friendship. To hell with the imperial army! All the ever did for me was deprive me of my childhood so they could raise me as a weapon.
@Janethan23 You forget that demons in this universe are still demons. Which kill people and destroy villages. This is one of the reasons why subverting expectations by portraying their world as a fantasy version of a CGDCT setting works so well.
Mar 5, 5:28 AM

Nov 2010
It never occurred to me putting sausage inside Japanese burrito (= ham + melting cheese + torturer tortilla). It seems worth trying. I usually eat burrito with Tabasco pepper sauce. I love junk food.
Mar 5, 8:36 AM

Apr 2012
RobertBobert said:
@Janethan23 You forget that demons in this universe are still demons. Which kill people and destroy villages. This is one of the reasons why subverting expectations by portraying their world as a fantasy version of a CGDCT setting works so well.

What are you arguing for?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 5, 9:50 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Janethan23
RobertBobert said:

What are you arguing for?
@Janethan23 As far as I understand, you don’t quite understand why Hime doesn’t go over to the side of the demons even when being friends with them.

@kuroneko99 You haven't seen Eastern European homemade pizza with sausage, pickles, etc. lol.
Mar 5, 11:54 AM

Nov 2013
wow, what the hell, how many fun characters can we have in one anime? wtf

hime, sword, Maomao and her parents, Tortura (and i guess the troll?...), the 2 best friends, the cat girl, the giant woman, now vanilla... geez lol

anyway, any episode focused on best girl Maomao is a win lol cutest girl of the season no doubt
and ofc, maou is big baka haha

i like how Vanilla was so happy that the princess praised her cake that she just gave it for free, i'm sure people who cook are happy when people enjoy the food they make

i might need to check the manga after the anime ends, this is too cute to end in just 12 episodes lol
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 6, 5:14 AM

Oct 2017
Watching Tortura eat is just the best thing ever. Need more of that. Vanilla's so precious, holy shit.
Mar 6, 1:30 PM

Dec 2009
Pure wholesome from start to finish, Ex deserves being used to cut the cake.
Mar 11, 9:47 AM

Jul 2017
With Hime's torture on break due to Tortura's business trip, she has her own supper with kitsune udon and ham and chesse burrito, and it looks just as delicious, it's so tempting. Even at breakfast, bread right out from the oven is good.

The Hell-Lord being injured, he's just expunging his mana for some family quality time with Maomao and Lulune making cookies, though Lulune almost having a fall and the Hell-Lord getting a burn on his hands. What sweet family time.

Hime's torture is back, not before Maomao's cookies given to her, black tea is quite the nostalgic feel from tea parties. And sadly, cookies go so well with tea, Hime thought she won the battle, but lost the war with the perfectly brewed tea from Tortura, and as usual, blurted the secrets of a mysterious treasure. But it sits on a grave, so no-go at that.

Vanilla is back for her revenge, and this time it's cake, handmade by her. But with it looking so sloppy, will Hime bite it? Of course she would, praising Vanilla's lack of baking skills, and she feels tortured by all of the nice compliments, she failed at her torture as a harm-marshal once again.

Hell-Lord being a nice father, taking care of both Lulune and Maomao, attending the parent-child "luncheon" meeting, lovely.

Time to call for reinforcements for the torture...
Mar 31, 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
RobertBobert said:
You forget that demons in this universe are still demons. Which kill people and destroy villages.
Are you serious? Was that ever stated in amine/manga???
Mar 31, 1:50 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
RobertBobert said:
You forget that demons in this universe are still demons. Which kill people and destroy villages.
Are you serious? Was that ever stated in amine/manga???
@Sigmar-Unberogen Have you seen the flashbacks where the princess literally killed hordes of evil demons? They even recruited her best friend to kill her. Which is also shown in one of the flashbacks.
Mar 31, 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
@Sigmar-Unberogen Have you seen the flashbacks where the princess literally killed hordes of evil demons? They even recruited her best friend to kill her. Which is also shown in one of the flashbacks.
RobertBobert said:
They even recruited her best friend to kill her
As far as I remember princess said "it wasn't the first time I'd be betrayed". There was no mentioning of why she was betrayed, nor was it ever stated that demons recruited her friend.
As for "hordes of evil demons", it's usually a horde of mindless monsters and beasts, just as it's shown in the OP. Demons who come to torture princess and citizens are sentient and very human-like. Funny enough, you have one episode where princess meets a demon she defeated. In her flashback she sliced him in half! And yet we see him with a small scar. The show even states that he's the same demon. Considering the genre, this demon can't be the only one who didn't die, even though they should've.

Reminded me of someone doing mental gymnastics in forums about Princess "actually" playing 4D chess and deceiving demons with useless info. I think you need to remember this show is goofy comedy with wholesome and cute elements. It's not so deep and dramatic! There's no genocide of villages happening behind the scenes. Just because some character is grinning evilly watching some buildings burn, doesn't mean they've just committed some war-crime. Same way, since episode 1 you're given a false impression of "princess's gonna have a bad time" and then it turns out all those scary torture devices have food inside and every torturer is actually kind and caring. FFS, by episode 9 it should be obvious that this simply isn't that type of show; it doesn't take war/torture seriously - nor will it ever do and get into "war is hell" BS drama. Again, this is just not that type of show!
"As far as I understand, you don’t quite understand why Hime doesn’t go over to the side of the demons even when being friends with them."
Story would end if she did. Remember the title? It's about "torturing" princess. It's that simple. You're overthinking things.
Mar 31, 2:57 PM

Apr 2012
RobertBobert said:
They even recruited her best friend to kill her
As far as I remember princess said "it wasn't the first time I'd be betrayed". There was no mentioning of why she was betrayed, nor was it ever stated that demons recruited her friend.
As for "hordes of evil demons", it's usually a horde of mindless monsters and beasts, just as it's shown in the OP. Demons who come to torture princess and citizens are sentient and very human-like. Funny enough, you have one episode where princess meets a demon she defeated. In her flashback she sliced him in half! And yet we see him with a small scar. The show even states that he's the same demon. Considering the genre, this demon can't be the only one who didn't die, even though they should've.

Reminded me of someone doing mental gymnastics in forums about Princess "actually" playing 4D chess and deceiving demons with useless info. I think you need to remember this show is goofy comedy with wholesome and cute elements. It's not so deep and dramatic! There's no genocide of villages happening behind the scenes. Just because some character is grinning evilly watching some buildings burn, doesn't mean they've just committed some war-crime. Same way, since episode 1 you're given a false impression of "princess's gonna have a bad time" and then it turns out all those scary torture devices have food inside and every torturer is actually kind and caring. FFS, by episode 9 it should be obvious that this simply isn't that type of show; it doesn't take war/torture seriously - nor will it ever do and get into "war is hell" BS drama. Again, this is just not that type of show!
"As far as I understand, you don’t quite understand why Hime doesn’t go over to the side of the demons even when being friends with them."
Story would end if she did. Remember the title? It's about "torturing" princess. It's that simple. You're overthinking things.
@Sigmar-Unberogen In this case, you are deceiving yourself, since these monsters and beasts are literally ordinary inhabitants of the land of demons (in one episode these “monsters” literally deliberately tried to scare her in an old building). And the theory meme about 4D chess has nothing to do with it. Some of the comedy is literally based on the demons she fought acting like goofy CGDCT characters. And yes, this was literally a flashback to one of the future arcs, which she also referenced when saying why she doesn't trust people who want to be friends with her. I don't understand why you are trying so hard to argue with this for the sake of arguing. You have successfully realized that this is a wholesome comedy, but for some reason you still haven’t understood what its bait and switch is.
Mar 31, 3:35 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
@Sigmar-Unberogen In this case, you are deceiving yourself, since these monsters and beasts are literally ordinary inhabitants of the land of demons (in one episode these “monsters” literally deliberately tried to scare her in an old building). And the theory meme about 4D chess has nothing to do with it. Some of the comedy is literally based on the demons she fought acting like goofy CGDCT characters. And yes, this was literally a flashback to one of the future arcs, which she also referenced when saying why she doesn't trust people who want to be friends with her. I don't understand why you are trying so hard to argue with this for the sake of arguing. You have successfully realized that this is a wholesome comedy, but for some reason you still haven’t understood what its bait and switch is.
RobertBobert said:
In this case, you are deceiving yourself, since these monsters and beasts are literally ordinary inhabitants of the land of demons (in one episode these “monsters” literally deliberately tried to scare her in an old building).
Demons are misunderstood and no one really dies apparently. That's all you need to know. Stop focusing on non-existing realism and horrors of war. This show is childishly simple where it makes more sense to believe people get KO'd instead of dying when hit by a weapon (as is typical for such shows). "Demons kill people and destroy villages" - You've been given enough evidence to come to conclusion that that's BS. For instance, (as I said) demon who Hime "killed"/sliced in half, turned out to be alive with only a small scar; he then puts on a silly mask and wants to scare Hime as a revenge. Not even Demon king is remotely bad. Where are the human-killer/village-destroyer demons you're talking about?
Mar 31, 4:00 PM

Apr 2012
RobertBobert said:
In this case, you are deceiving yourself, since these monsters and beasts are literally ordinary inhabitants of the land of demons (in one episode these “monsters” literally deliberately tried to scare her in an old building).
Demons are misunderstood and no one really dies apparently. That's all you need to know. Stop focusing on non-existing realism and horrors of war. This show is childishly simple where it makes more sense to believe people get KO'd instead of dying when hit by a weapon (as is typical for such shows). "Demons kill people and destroy villages" - You've been given enough evidence to come to conclusion that that's BS. For instance, (as I said) demon who Hime "killed"/sliced in half, turned out to be alive with only a small scar; he then puts on a silly mask and wants to scare Hime as a revenge. Not even Demon king is remotely bad. Where are the human-killer/village-destroyer demons you're talking about?
@Sigmar-Unberogen Lol, and this person previously joked about “the world around us is not what it seems.” Now it turns out that everything is fake, the Princess didn’t kill anyone and all the demons are good guys. If idea of ​​bat and switch literally flashed over your head and you literally deny any things that doesn’t fit into your narrative, then good for you. I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't even want to listen to me in the first place. Especially with someone who from the very beginning spoke to me in an arrogantly mentoring tone.
Mar 31, 10:41 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
@Sigmar-Unberogen Lol, and this person previously joked about “the world around us is not what it seems.” Now it turns out that everything is fake, the Princess didn’t kill anyone and all the demons are good guys. If idea of ​​bat and switch literally flashed over your head and you literally deny any things that doesn’t fit into your narrative, then good for you. I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't even want to listen to me in the first place. Especially with someone who from the very beginning spoke to me in an arrogantly mentoring tone.
@RobertBobert You're the one who said demons kill people and destroy villages. Also, you said demons recruited Hime's friend to kill her. None of that is true and I called you out on your delusions.
We're yet to see a demon who is actually evil or capable of actually evil things. This isn't Overlord or Madoka Magica. There's no arrogant mentoring, you just need to watch the show with open eyes and keep in mind it uses "anime for kids" logic. It's not deep. It's not a satire or dark comedy. It's laughably simple.
But sure, you do you. Keep believing in whatever despite absence of evidence.
Apr 1, 12:05 AM

Apr 2012
@RobertBobert You're the one who said demons kill people and destroy villages. Also, you said demons recruited Hime's friend to kill her. None of that is true and I called you out on your delusions.
We're yet to see a demon who is actually evil or capable of actually evil things. This isn't Overlord or Madoka Magica. There's no arrogant mentoring, you just need to watch the show with open eyes and keep in mind it uses "anime for kids" logic. It's not deep. It's not a satire or dark comedy. It's laughably simple.
But sure, you do you. Keep believing in whatever despite absence of evidence.
@Sigmar-Unberogen Whatever you say, just don’t waste my time anymore on this rudeness and argumentation at the level of “it’s so because I said so.” Even if you is willing to go so far as to deny the existence of entire characters like Sakura Heartrock, then any further debate is completely useless. Especially in this tone.
RobertBobertApr 1, 12:10 AM
Apr 1, 1:19 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
@Sigmar-Unberogen Whatever you say, just don’t waste my time anymore on this rudeness and argumentation at the level of “it’s so because I said so.” Even if you is willing to go so far as to deny the existence of entire characters like Sakura Heartrock, then any further debate is completely useless. Especially in this tone.
@RobertBobert Sorry if saying delusional hurt your feelings, but it's honestly infuriating to hear you say “it’s so because I said so” to me, considering what you've been saying.
Using Sakura as an argument makes no sense considering she ALSO is misunderstood victim as evident in the manga, and MOST IMPORTANTLY she was not recruited by demons to assassinate Hime to begin with!!! You used her as an argument that demons are evil and hired her which is blatant lie! They did hire her later as a "torturer" but they didn't hire her to assassinate Hime in the past!!!
When I asked "when did demons kill humans and burn villages?" Your reply was "Hime kills evil demons in flashbacks". Which also makes no sense since it shows HIME doing the killing, not demons! There's no "Villages destroyed", and humans killed is not shown anywhere. Even "KILLED" demons are shown to have survived because of anime-logic, as is typical in such comedy, childish shows where mental gymnastics are NOT needed, as it'll only ruin the experience.
You also claim Hime isn't joining demons due to village burning and human killings allegedly, but it's been shown many times how Hime CAN break away from "prison" easily but stays because she's clearly having a better and more free and fun life with demons.
Am I still in the wrong for calling you delusional at this point? Jesus...
Apr 28, 5:27 AM

Feb 2021
She didn't confess because complimented the cake XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 12, 3:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ohh the demon family making biscuits ahah, and the demon lord saved the situation but got his hand burned.
The princess also can't resist tea eh... but the vampire girl with her cake was too wholesome

More topics from this board

Poll: » Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 8

122 by Apreggi »»
May 14, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25

52 by Ashhk »»
May 13, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18

32 by Ashhk »»
May 13, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11

34 by Ashhk »»
May 12, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26

32 by Ashhk »»
May 11, 3:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.