Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Now, I'm convinced Gedouin is the worst human that exists not only in this season but also the entire franchise up to this point. He treats everything like experimental material but also taunts Rin and his friends like a game. Just a psychopath for making Izumo suffer.

Rin vs Shima is a fight that I've been looking forward for awhile because it's turned personal for them. Izumo's fear and recent experience really left her vulnerable this episode though. So much emotions in this episode...damn. No matter what she went through, her memories of friends and family are always real.

My favorite moment is when Rin punched Godouin's face because he absolutely deserved it.
Mar 2, 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 2, 9:22 AM

Dec 2021
You know it's gonna get crazy when Rin brings out the Kurikara.

Rin and the others manage to destroy the container and reunite. However, they are suddenly attacked by the grotesquely enlarged expansion zombies sent by Gedoin. Enraged by Gedoin's revelation of Inari Tourism and Urbanization Project truth as a sanctuary for Elixir experiments, the group is determined, but then Izumo appears, heading for the Nine-Tails transplantation surgery. Rin leaps into action with the Kurikara Sword to aid Izumo. He knocks Shima aside and reaches out to Izumo.

I'm not one to judge, but Gedoin is pretty unpleasant both inside and out. Izumo struggles to know when to rely on others or herself. It's okay to be independent, but she needs to accept help sometimes. Humans aren't meant to go it alone. Izumo almost got taken over by the nine tails, and it feels like she's always in the worst situations. And seriously, Shima needs to go. I'd rather Izumo be the one to leave, but that's just wishful thinking. If Shima goes back to being all buddy-buddy, it'll really put me off.

On another note, THIS SHIT WAS SO SATISFYING.

Mar 2, 10:05 AM

Feb 2021
The full version of the OP was released btw! (on February 25 actually) It's a bit different than the anime version actually, I was surprised.

Poor Izumo man...
SHIRO! We haven't seen any flashbacks with him this season yet right? Best dad!
This was epic!
Izumo is still alive, so I guess the process of Nine Tails possessing Izumo is still going on? They said that there's only a very small chance that she survives after all. What they're gonna now...

I'm so sad that this is so unpopular. Even though season 1 is one of the most popular anime on MAL...
Mar 2, 10:43 AM
Oct 2023
This made me cry even though I read the manga. I'm only following Apothecary Diaeries and this show so I will be sad when they both end.
Mar 2, 11:49 AM
Sep 2015
Somehow this anime has more zombie than Zom100.
Mar 2, 11:56 AM

Jul 2017
The ending was nice with Rin standing up for Izumo no matter what, even when she rejected his help and sacrificed herself due to trust issues so she has someone who is willing to go through hell for her. But I just wish the buildup over the past few episodes was just better and more consistent to get to this point, especially with the antagonists like Gedoin. I just feel like in general, this should have me caring a lot more than I ended up actually feeling due to how everything was executed, since while the ending was decent, it wasn't as cathartic as I hoped.
Mar 2, 1:00 PM

Jun 2017
Peak development moment for Izumo, they really nailed it. I loved this moment so much in the manga as well.

And lol at Gedoin being such a piece of shit that even his "allies" abandon him. Priceless.
Mar 2, 1:58 PM

Dec 2015
First off, man that punch was kind of satisfying. Reminded me a bit when Luffy punched that Dragon on Sabaody Archipelago.

It was a long time coming but I'm happy that Izumo is coming to terms with how she feels. Rin may have taken a while but when it's for a friend he'll do just about anything. I get that he wants to do right by his dad and use his power for good but sooner or later he'll have to come to terms with fights like this.

It took time for him to accept himself for what he is but hopefully this is a start for him to do what is necessary just as Shirou did as a Paladin.
Mar 2, 4:01 PM
Dec 2023
What else can I say except that I'm in love with this series.

Despite the somewhat static animation at times, the story, atmosphere and character development are just stratospheric.

This episode feels like the epicenter of Gedoin's (a.k.a. the series' worst human) many experiences. Eri Kitamura did a remarkable job in the various Izumo scenes.

A character who, I hope, will rise in the esteem of many fans, as she has one of the best developments in the manga. Whether it's Izumo or Rin (his punch was awesome), they've had to face up to their demons and feelings in order to finally understand them and move forward.

To conclude, I'd say I'm rather disappointed by the points this masterpiece gets, whereas other, far less good ones have done much better (cuckoo for this season's magical girl). Here's hoping, though, that the series continues and that these scores don't have any impact on the decision-makers. Looking forward to next week
Mar 2, 5:59 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Watching Izumo fall deeper into darkness and despair was heartbreaking to watch until Rin came crashing in. <3

Gedouin getting socked in the face was satisfying to watch, however, he should get a taste of his own medicine and be turned into one of his one science experiments.
Mar 2, 6:46 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Rin punching Geodin was so satisfying. I was waiting for it to happen. I can’t stand him. Really good moment for Izumo. Looking forward to next weeks episode
Mar 2, 10:52 PM

Jun 2023
I've been very annoyed with that doctor, satisfied when he was punched by Rin kkkkk.. The scene where Rin came when Izumo asked for help made me goosebumps, you're really really kind, Rin.
Mar 3, 3:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Felt so bad for Izumo, that psychopath scientist is so annoying... Rin's punch was so deserved
Mar 3, 6:47 AM
Jun 2007
Ah the beauty of friendship~
Mar 3, 10:01 AM

Jun 2016
power of nakama assembled !!

Mar 3, 10:28 AM
Mar 2015
izumo's tears brought our boi back to life
Mar 3, 5:41 PM
Feb 2019
gedoin is trash
even knowing it's anime I still felt disgusted by gedoin (maybe the fact that I think some human in reality have the same thought system)
anyway gedoin proved to be the shittiest human being in anime history (don't even know if we should still call him Human)
Then I like the izumo stuff(trying not to spoil)
Mar 3, 10:28 PM

Feb 2016
I think that Shima is, in some weird way, trying to help them... but I hope not, he must pay.

What I do hope for is for best girl Izumo to keep some of the fox powers, she could be op af, she deserves it ❤️
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 4, 2:52 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to StallionXD
I think that Shima is, in some weird way, trying to help them... but I hope not, he must pay.

What I do hope for is for best girl Izumo to keep some of the fox powers, she could be op af, she deserves it ❤️
@StallionXD

I was trying to work out if Shima is like a triple agent or something.
Mar 4, 4:03 AM
Feb 2024
Loved it but i can clearly see the budget cuts,whatever its fine ,its finee...... because we arent seeing s4 in next 7 years. Will be real fun watching with my kids :3
Mar 4, 8:34 AM
Jul 2013
Izumo finally opening his fucking eyes. 🙄

•Thank you Rin, we all wanted to take that hit on Gedouin. 🙄🙄
Mar 4, 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
whaat a cliffhanger! homunculus FMA vibes tho? Izumo in fox form looks very impressive.
Mar 4, 9:26 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to StallionXD

@StallionXD Your going the right way, as a manga reader (read the manga its much better)
Mar 4, 3:01 PM
Sep 2020
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 Izumo has actually the strongest mental of a character in this series. She's a completely retarded stupid, tho. At this point, I want rin to become a real demon and kill every single character existing in this shit. How could a great anime like this fall apart so much in just 9 episodes???? Although it isn't bad at all, it's still becoming barely unwatchable...
Mar 4, 7:57 PM
Feb 2023
This episode was such a drag. I was kinda hoping that Rin would just eat Gedoin lol
Mar 4, 7:58 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to Arrow02
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 Izumo has actually the strongest mental of a character in this series. She's a completely retarded stupid, tho. At this point, I want rin to become a real demon and kill every single character existing in this shit. How could a great anime like this fall apart so much in just 9 episodes???? Although it isn't bad at all, it's still becoming barely unwatchable...
@Arrow02 then stop watching it u absolute retard, dudelikes sao, black clover and yofukashi, and dares to come here saying this is bad, get some help lmaoooooo
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 5, 10:31 PM

Sep 2011
gedouin getting punched finally getting animated was golden as the fat fugly deserves it. shima being told gedouin should continued to be told is priceless. can't wait for gedouin's ultimate shit karma to get animated
Mar 6, 1:26 PM
Mar 2013
That punch was beauutiful!
Mar 6, 2:25 PM

Sep 2007
That Rin appearance was, for me, on the same level of Maka's final punch...
Mar 9, 2:51 PM
Jan 2024
Good Episode…More Character Development, With Rin And izumo, And I don’t know how to feel about shima anymore ):
Mar 13, 3:17 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Izumo was near to death and to be controlled by nine tales fox!!!
kekeke
Mar 19, 8:55 AM

Oct 2017
Well atleast Izumo finally realised her feelings and Rin also made up his mind. Not that it magically will make Izumo a great character or something now.
Mar 25, 1:56 AM
Mar 2019
That scientist guy hasn't received his just desserts yet, in my opinion. MORE.
Mar 27, 7:40 PM

Mar 2019
Thank you Rin, you gave the punch that everyone wanted to give.👊
Apr 2, 9:07 PM

Mar 2007
Amazing episode! Loved when Rin came crashing through to "save" Izumo, and then an epic satisfying moment when he punched that evil Gedoin!!
May 4, 2:54 AM
Aug 2015
Izumo finally listened to Paku's advice and being honest with herself.
And Rin comes to rescue!
May 6, 3:55 PM
Mar 2019
this season is making me cry I'm happy rin did what I wanted to do, this season rating deserves a higher score and is underrated.
May 10, 7:03 AM

Jan 2021
We are at some dark times
May 12, 1:42 PM

May 2020
Stupid people are just stupid people in the end. I see no reason for Rin to go and save Izumo after she purposefully said she didn't want to be "saved". But yeah, we need to move forward with the story, so we'd have to save her, doesn't matter how much of a waste it is.

Typical shounen stuff in the end with Izumo playing the damsel in distress. So fucking irritating tho.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

51 by Kitty_Angora »»
May 22, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

53 by Kitsu-nee »»
May 18, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9

46 by Softhenic03 »»
May 12, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24

33 by Softhenic03 »»
May 12, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 17

44 by Softhenic03 »»
May 12, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.