Forum Settings
Forums

'One Punch Man' Season 3 Announces Main Staff

New
Feb 29, 7:58 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the television anime adaptation of ONE and Yusuke Murata's One Punch-Man (One-Punch Man) manga revealed the main staff, a character visual (pictured), and an announcement video for the third season on Friday.

Staff
Series Composition: Tomohiro Suzuki (Sousou no Frieren)
Character Design: Chikashi Kubota (One Punch Man), Shinjirou Kuroda (Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road key animation) NEW, Ryousuke Shirokawa (Violet Evergarden key animation) NEW
Music: Makoto Miyazaki (Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto)
Studio: J.C.Staff

Note: New staff involved with the third season are denoted with the legend NEW.

The first season produced by Madhouse aired in Fall 2015, followed by the second season by J.C.Staff in Spring 2019. VIZ Media released the first season on home video in North America in April 2017.

ONE originally launched One Punch-Man as a webcomic in July 2009. Murata (Eyeshield 21) began redrawing the action superhero manga on the Tonari no Young Jump website in June 2012. Shueisha shipped the 29th volume in November 2023, and will release the 30th volume on March 4.

VIZ Media simulpublishes the manga in English on its new Shounen Jump platform with the Japanese release. The 27th volume shipped on January 16, with the 28th volume planned for a May 21 release.

Announcement

Source: Comic Natalie
VindstotFeb 29, 5:04 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 29, 8:01 AM

Jul 2019
At first, I thought season 2 looked great, but after rewatching, I realized I was looking through rose-tinted glasses.

I HOPE TO GOD J.CStaff doesn't mess up Season 3 like they did Season 2.
Feb 29, 8:05 AM
Mar 2015
Nah. 2 season was garbage in terms of quality. RIP.
Feb 29, 8:09 AM

Apr 2012
I don’t know why and this is very subjective, but after watching the teaser, for some reason it seemed to me that the show had lost the visual vibes of a fun battle shonen (yes, I know it’s seinen) in favor of a more generic action show from the 20s. But in any case, I'm glad to see seasons of cult shows after all this time, even if it causes debate about "not the same anymore."
Feb 29, 8:10 AM

Jan 2009
3 character designers? are they also the chief animation director? that will be cool if that is the case it will help with consistent on model drawings
Feb 29, 8:12 AM
Dec 2013
J.C.Staff again? Was expecting each season to be done by a different studio, but okay, I guess this is basically J.C.Staff's property now, and all future seasons will likely be animated by them. S2 had 2 episodes that looked really good. Just want to know when S3 will start airing.
Feb 29, 8:18 AM

Nov 2015
Reply to wildhood
J.C.Staff again? Was expecting each season to be done by a different studio, but okay, I guess this is basically J.C.Staff's property now, and all future seasons will likely be animated by them. S2 had 2 episodes that looked really good. Just want to know when S3 will start airing.
@wildhood it’s a Shueisha / Bandai property actually
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Feb 29, 8:28 AM
Jun 2020
I disliked the look of season 2 just as much as the next guy, but this trailer looks great so far. I hope this will be a J.C Staff redemption arc!
Feb 29, 8:28 AM

Dec 2012
JC STAFF HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Feb 29, 9:00 AM

Oct 2019
Come on J.C. Staff, it's time to regain your reputation for tarnishing Season 2's quality with this season. It looks pretty good and thank goodness it wasn't any other studio though (some notable studios would have been appreciated, but looking at it, it seems obvious no one wanted to touch it other than J.C. Staff that's kind of just adapting niche anime now).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 9:02 AM
Mar 2023
Well here goes my excitement for S3, I was taking that copium for Bones/MAPPA to be animating this.
Feb 29, 9:10 AM

Jun 2019
J.C. staff didn't have enough time for S2. But hopefully, this time around, the committee will give them plenty of time so that they can shine through. My studio will rise again. I have faith in you, J.C. Staff.
Feb 29, 9:14 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh, it's not MAPPA, for better or worse. Hopefully J.C. Staff can do a much better job this time around!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 29, 9:49 AM
Dec 2016
i hope not dissapointed in the end
Feb 29, 9:53 AM

May 2021
JC staff = my expectations below zero . To think we waited years for an adaptation of season 3(it contains super important chapters ) only to be animated by a mid studio ...
YubisoftFeb 29, 10:04 AM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Feb 29, 10:06 AM

May 2020
Something like a news after 18 months, and it was this that JC Staff will be working, again, lol.

The kind of action manga has during these chapters, that makes it all more difficult to think JC could pull things off.
Feb 29, 10:11 AM
Aug 2019
WHYYY WHYYYY J.C STAFF WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Feb 29, 10:40 AM

Jun 2014
Glad the people all over the internet who were so convinced with zero proof that MAPPA would be doing this season were proven wrong. Hope they’re crying 🙏

Also, the JC Staff complaints continue to be hilarious. Season 1 set the bar unrealistically high unfortunately, because if S1 had been produced by JC with generally positive reception, S2 probably would have been more warmly received. And because it’s clear that some people here have obviously never read the manga, skim through it and you’ll see that it’s basically impossible to accurately adapt Murata’s art into anime unless you assemble the animation Avengers and give them 5 years of production time. S3 probably won’t even look that bad but because it won’t live up to S1 and because MAL people hate anime, people will hate watch just to say every week “wow it doesn’t match the incredibly detailed art of the manga so this season is trash.”

Anyway, looking forward to what should be an intense season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 29, 11:15 AM

Jan 2012
The trailer actually looks good. I like to think that the reason Season 2 looked mediocre is simply because they were on a tight schedule as there actually were great animated moments in season 2 too. Hopefully they take their time with this one and make the quality better
How I love a game
Feb 29, 11:26 AM

Jan 2008
I hope they didn't put all their resources into this trailer.
Feb 29, 11:39 AM

Feb 2023
It's J.C. Staff AGAIN!? Ugh, what a letdown...

Was it really that hard for the production commitee to get a competent studio to do season 3?
Feb 29, 12:40 PM

Mar 2022
One of the best arcs I seen in all of animanga I really hope they don't mess it up. Season 2 from what I remember it was bad but I was able to handle it but this is different if they do bad I wouldn't be suprised if they start to get hate.
Feb 29, 3:26 PM
Jun 2013
Reply to StyxParadise

Was it really that hard for the production commitee to get a competent studio to do season 3?
@StyxParadise implying that JC Staff, one of the biggest anime studios in Japan, isnt "competent" lol

What a typical "MAL user" dumb statement.
Feb 29, 3:40 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to StyxParadise

@StyxParadise your dead ass calling jc staff incompetent ...... that's a very funny statement. Season 1 of one punch man is like frieren rn, getting a godlike staff and setting the bar very high. Jc staff did very fine especially with the time they were given, season 3 especially without a release date will give them more time for production and the trailer already looks very decent. Don't cry because overworked Mappa or godlike staff working on frieren rn isn't picking it up. And remember jc staff is not like mappa where they can grab any freelancer on the planet so take that for thought
3inPunisherFeb 29, 3:49 PM
Feb 29, 3:59 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Yubisoft
JC staff = my expectations below zero . To think we waited years for an adaptation of season 3(it contains super important chapters ) only to be animated by a mid studio ...
@Yubisoft expectations below zero, jc staff mid. Bruh 2000 plus animes watched and thats your opinion damn.
Feb 29, 4:17 PM
Nov 2021
Picking up from where they lost the credibility for S2, JC Staff needs to one up the game for a faithful adaptation of S3. The new staff's works are good in status to succeed in adaptation. We'll see how it ends.
Feb 29, 4:22 PM

Apr 2020
Well, I'm not impressed. I don't expect that much from OPM anime because the manga art is perfect and Murata's drawing itself feels like reading an animation. And I'm not watching JC Staff again.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Feb 29, 4:35 PM

Aug 2010
The Twitter "leakers" have been foiled again.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 29, 5:04 PM

Feb 2023
@Shinuki_n_Reborn and @3inPunisher
Just because you two are satisfied with season 2 quality, doesn't mean everyone else is. J.C. Staff is a mediocre studio just like the other person said. They don't have what it takes to give OPM the quality it deserves.

And no, the trailer is not enough to change my mind. They'll have to do more than just that.
StyxParadiseFeb 29, 5:48 PM
Feb 29, 5:20 PM

Jul 2021
Lowering my expectations on this one haha. If anything, consistency matters.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 29, 6:04 PM

Nov 2014
I stopped watching ever since Madhouse stopped animating it. Season 2 was a downgrade compared to Season 1 and the manga.
Feb 29, 6:41 PM
Nov 2022
As much as I love JC Staff, please give One punch man the adaptation it's so deserving of. I am sure folks at JC Staff will do their best but fluid animation is just not their speciality but even so they acquired the rights.....well whatever just read the manga
Feb 29, 11:33 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to StyxParadise
@Shinuki_n_Reborn and @3inPunisher
Just because you two are satisfied with season 2 quality, doesn't mean everyone else is. J.C. Staff is a mediocre studio just like the other person said. They don't have what it takes to give OPM the quality it deserves.

And no, the trailer is not enough to change my mind. They'll have to do more than just that.
@StyxParadise 1.the fact that jc staff had decent animation in s2 despite w bad scheduling at that time is already remarkable

2. Comparing jc staff ( the ones that did not have the best scheduling and less amount of talent that madhouse flowing in) to Prime madhouse you know ( the best animators on the planet and extra freelancing talent as the side dish) also the same animators that can CARRY a bad schedule on their backs easily is such a wierd argument to have. So what, your gonna compare nexus too mappa lol

3. It shows that you haven't watched probably anything related jc staff to say there a mid studio, tbh some anime fans don't know what mid animation looks like or even above that sooooo idk

4. Opm s1 is an exception of all exceptions, remember that anime is still one if not the best animated showings ever even 10 yrs later, that's how Fucking Spectacular that shit was

5. The trailer shows a lot of promise and the fact that they didint announce date is also a bonus, LET THEM COOK
3inPunisherFeb 29, 11:47 PM
Mar 1, 12:32 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to thebrentinator24
Glad the people all over the internet who were so convinced with zero proof that MAPPA would be doing this season were proven wrong. Hope they’re crying 🙏

Also, the JC Staff complaints continue to be hilarious. Season 1 set the bar unrealistically high unfortunately, because if S1 had been produced by JC with generally positive reception, S2 probably would have been more warmly received. And because it’s clear that some people here have obviously never read the manga, skim through it and you’ll see that it’s basically impossible to accurately adapt Murata’s art into anime unless you assemble the animation Avengers and give them 5 years of production time. S3 probably won’t even look that bad but because it won’t live up to S1 and because MAL people hate anime, people will hate watch just to say every week “wow it doesn’t match the incredibly detailed art of the manga so this season is trash.”

Anyway, looking forward to what should be an intense season.
@thebrentinator24 guy doesn’t know why there was so much hype for the next arc and doesn’t understand why people wanted S1 quality… Guy just search for the artwork in S3
Mar 1, 2:55 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to Confused_100
@thebrentinator24 guy doesn’t know why there was so much hype for the next arc and doesn’t understand why people wanted S1 quality… Guy just search for the artwork in S3
@Confused_100 I understand why there’s hype for the next arc. I understand why people want S1 quality, cause I’d like that quality back too. We aren’t going to get it, so I’d rather accept that and move on instead of pre-hating the season before it comes out just because JC is doing it again.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 1, 4:03 AM

Mar 2011
Few years ago just like I said it will be J.C. Staff.
Atleast 3rd season will not be handled by MAPPA, got tired of them getting every big manga, burning all of their talents on 1 project and rest of the projects becomes mediocre.
Icebreaker93Mar 1, 5:47 AM
Mar 1, 7:52 AM
Feb 2023
thebrentinator24 said:
@Confused_100 I understand why there’s hype for the next arc. I understand why people want S1 quality, cause I’d like that quality back too. We aren’t going to get it, so I’d rather accept that and move on instead of pre-hating the season before it comes out just because JC is doing it again.

Well true, we still don’t know yet but you can understand the doubt and hate. It’s like a coping mechanism so that if it is bad, they wouldn’t have to be coping anymore than they have to
Mar 1, 10:30 AM

Feb 2023

3inPunisher said:
1.the fact that jc staff had decent animation in s2 despite w bad scheduling at that time is already remarkable

2. Comparing jc staff ( the ones that did not have the best scheduling and less amount of talent that madhouse flowing in) to Prime madhouse you know ( the best animators on the planet and extra freelancing talent as the side dish) also the same animators that can CARRY a bad schedule on their backs easily is such a wierd argument to have. So what, your gonna compare nexus too mappa lol

Heard that excuse a thousands of times. Doesn't change the fact that season 2 was average in terms of visuals.

Also, I thought J.C. Staff was "one of the biggest studios in Japan"? If that's the true extent of their power then I guess the one who said that lied.

3. It shows that you haven't watched probably anything related jc staff to say there a mid studio, tbh some anime fans don't know what mid animation looks like or even above that sooooo idk

I've seen a bunch. Date A Live III was a very well-animated (heh) season where they totally didn't cram an entire LN volume into a single episode.

4. Opm s1 is an exception of all exceptions, remember that anime is still one if not the best animated showings ever even 10 yrs later, that's how Fucking Spectacular that shit was

You say that as if there aren't any other studios capable of doing OPM justice. Bones, WIT, Ufotable... any of them would've been better than a mediocre studio like J.C. Staff.

5. The trailer shows a lot of promise and the fact that they didint announce date is also a bonus, LET THEM COOK

Like I said before, it'll take a lot more than a single trailer to change my mind. For all I know, they could've poured 50% of their resources into the trailer and the actual finished product is just yet another average season.

StyxParadiseMar 1, 11:48 AM
Mar 1, 2:05 PM

Mar 2011
Short answer for the ppl that don't understand why top tier studios don't take this anime, bcs its not profitable like mainstream animes like Boku no Hero and Naruto.
Why invest so much money on something that you will not get back that money with a profit.
Mar 2, 5:12 PM

Oct 2013
Cool to see One Punch Man receiving another season. The staff looks good, same goes with the announcement trailer.
Mar 3, 12:41 AM
May 2022
Anyone what some tea?
Let's enjoy the view,

people screaming about bad studio and shit, but not appreciating we finally get the information on a dead series,

Heh even they know except talking or twitting they can't do a thing 🗿

Me~ Sipping Tea** Sipping Tea again**
Mar 4, 12:58 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
All those rumours MAPPA was going to animate it, then JCStaff, feels like a betrayal, say what you will, the later studios is just not consistent in their animation, or push themselves to deliver the very best of the industry.
This just like S2, this will be another downgrade, compared what could be with a better studios.
Mar 23, 11:36 PM

Oct 2017
Hopefully will be better than s3 not that I care much about the anime anymore after that.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

14 by CocoaGalaxy »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Apr 26

10 by Deoxyribo9 »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:23 PM

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

5 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:21 PM

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 9

2 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.