Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 25, 4:27 AM

Jun 2016
mash burndead vs macaron fight not really good enough ..
i stilll prefer mash tennis iron fight
Feb 25, 4:29 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Luchipher-Zen
CrazyButNot4U said:
ruining the grammar of the subs and putting the pronou

Talking about Macaron and opponent's ability we say: "Their magic capacity is crazy".
Talking about just Macaron's ability, we still have to say : "Their magic capacity is crazy".

The damage to literary understanding this deals.. very irritating indeed.. Are we talking about one being, a couple or a group or an organisation or a planet or ... people's preference aside, is confusing and painful to read..
@Luchipher747432 In cases where it causes ambiguity you are simply supposed to replace the pronoun, in your example the second "Their magic capacity is crazy", becomes "Macaron's magic capacity is crazy". There, no ambiguity.
By the way same thing happens when talking about two groups of people...
Feb 25, 4:44 AM

May 2023
Reply to Niveen_Sleem
It so annoying referring to Macaron with they instead of he. It's exhausting to mentally proofread the episode as you watch. What are these translators doing. Can't they afford a reviewer?

Edit: just for people who can't read between the line and think I'm asking for real. This is a rhetoric question. I'm making fun of the stupid mutts who can't follow English grammar. I don't care if the character looks like a girl or wants to be a girl. It's a boy. You don't hire a seiyuu with one of the manliest voices in the industry for a character that is not a man. If anything and the translator want to play into the joke, they should have used "she." And I will still correct it to "he."
@Niveen_Sleem EXACTLY
Feb 25, 4:51 AM
Jul 2017
this is complete trash. first he copies rock lee's flow with primary lotus. then i guess sensing sound through a solid was kinda smart.

then he copies naruto v neji digging a hole. again, 0 originality.

then he copied saitama or gon with flipped the stage. and he didn't even do it with as much thematic impact or creativity. He just gambled 50-50. What did his pinky have anything to do with it? then we had voldemort i mean innocent zero interrupt with dragons and he's fighting against gandalf i mean dumbledore lol

0/10 this is straight trash
Feb 25, 5:40 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Another great match that reminds me of how the Naruto Chunnin exams were a long time ago. Not only does magic play into it but physics despite the fact that Mash keeps breaking them every episode. Anyways, regarding the important bit, is that actually Mash's dad or is it some figure of speech regarding their transformation process? Regardless, I'm not feeling too hot on the principal coming out alive from that confrontation.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 25, 6:43 AM

May 2023
Reply to fantasio51
@Luchipher747432 In cases where it causes ambiguity you are simply supposed to replace the pronoun, in your example the second "Their magic capacity is crazy", becomes "Macaron's magic capacity is crazy". There, no ambiguity.
By the way same thing happens when talking about two groups of people...
@fantasio51 Well, if one uses noun as in the name in every mention is becomes weirder..

"Macaron said their/his sauce is finished. They/He want(s) some more."

You say to eliminate ambiguity I have to change this to:

"Macaron said Macaron's sauce is finished. Macaron wants some more." ??

Well.. the English language sure has many problems, many exceptions to rules etc. etc. But this just sure would make my professors roll in their future grave..
Luchipher-ZenFeb 25, 6:49 AM
Feb 25, 6:48 AM

Jul 2022
The confrontation between Mash and Margarette was brutal. Margarette is undoubtedly on the level of a Divine Visionary, but that won't stop Mash.

I was quite surprised that Mash used logic to avoid being attacked by Margarette's sonic powers.

In the end, Mash emerged victorious, but like any Shonen arc during the exams, the villains appear last; Innocent Zero is here. And it seems like he's Mash's father and he wants to absorb him?

And a possible confrontation between Innocent Zero and Wahlberg is looming.
Feb 25, 7:36 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Luchipher-Zen
@fantasio51 Well, if one uses noun as in the name in every mention is becomes weirder..

"Macaron said their/his sauce is finished. They/He want(s) some more."

You say to eliminate ambiguity I have to change this to:

"Macaron said Macaron's sauce is finished. Macaron wants some more." ??

Well.. the English language sure has many problems, many exceptions to rules etc. etc. But this just sure would make my professors roll in their future grave..
@Luchipher747432 The context of the sentence matters...

"Macaron said their sauce is finished" The subject is clearly defined as Macaron, so no real issue.
Same as 'A finished his drink', A is the subject, even if 20 other male character are present.

'They wants some more.' We don't have a new subject defined so Macaron is still the subject. And it makes sense that he would want more with the previous sentence.
Feb 25, 7:53 AM
May 2020
mash with another dub but the introduction of innocent zero has changed everything
Feb 25, 8:27 AM

May 2023
Reply to fantasio51
@Luchipher747432 The context of the sentence matters...

"Macaron said their sauce is finished" The subject is clearly defined as Macaron, so no real issue.
Same as 'A finished his drink', A is the subject, even if 20 other male character are present.

'They wants some more.' We don't have a new subject defined so Macaron is still the subject. And it makes sense that he would want more with the previous sentence.
@fantasio51 Then it should be right to continue with plural forms for a singular defined subject? Seems beyond the scope of English grammar I learnt. Were I to try this in my IELTS exams I am sure it would get my rank down.. and the confusion wont happen as so much [and context not so needed] if I were to stick to the general rules of grammar when concerning sentence formation with specifics to gender appropriation.

Anyway.. too much grammar talk in an episode discussion thread would get annoying.. if you wanna continue this debate.. hit me up in my DMs..

Oh and for context:

"
There they were, all the Divine Visionary Exam Candidates. Each sitting at the designated table, ranked according their magical prowess. So, Mash is at the end table, as usual. Sitting at the front table however, is Margarette Macaron. Oh! and what's this _______ (Macaron's/he's/they're) eating chips with tartar sauce. But _______ (Macaron's/his/their) sauce is almost finished. (Macaron/He/They) will need some more to last till the end of ceremony.
"
Dunno about you, but if I put Macaron or they/them pronouns at each instance, it just feels weird reading.
Feb 25, 9:13 AM

Jan 2023
Damn that was an amazing explanation about sound! The way it travels at different speeds depending on the density of the object was fascinating physics addition by the writers! Mashle was able to use this by instinct to save himself from the incoming attack. Good thing there are no faster things than sound...
Feb 25, 11:30 AM
Feb 2021
that was all in 10 sec btw
Feb 25, 11:50 AM
May 2023
Very good episode, I expected a little more combat but I still loved it, when the animation improves at times it is incredible
Interesting skills Magaret, although I like them better when they have more to do with music, is Dad back from buying cigarettes? haha
Will there be another fight with Innocent Zero? I already want to see the next episode
Feb 25, 12:18 PM

Apr 2021
Gold tier episode. Actually insane. This show is so good
Feb 25, 1:53 PM

Oct 2008
This IP is so slept on. This is so much better than MHA or Black Clover, etc. Not saying their bad, this just deserves the same attention.
Feb 25, 2:22 PM

Feb 2014
The battle between Mash and Margarette was a strongly contested one, even to the point of Margarette changing into their younger form after using the secondth spell and going at speeds that would make Sonic the Hedgehog struggle to keep up.

However, Mash's abilities to adapt to each battle, no matter how tough his opponent, is still impressive. He was able to corner Margarette and with the power of his pinky finger, he was able to deal the final blow which had Margarette concede defeat. Overall, the battle was enjoyable, with Dot and Finn adding to that enjoyment with their reactions. Same goes to Lemon, who lost her rag after seeing Margarette blow into Mash's ear earlier. XD

With that battle wrapped up, Innocent Zero makes their arrival. The leader himself then gently brushes Mash's cheek after he and everyone else was frozen by a spell, while also calling him his own son. A very interesting revelation if true, but at least Wahlberg is able to move and is ready to fight himself. This was a good cliffhanger to end the episode and has me rather excited to see how this fight will go next time.
Feb 25, 3:18 PM
Apr 2023
what volume of the manga did this cover??
My candles:
Feb 25, 5:35 PM
Mar 2021
one puece man new hehe
Feb 25, 7:31 PM
Oct 2018
im new to this anime i just manage to binge it all in a day but holy crap i need more!! this episode was insane. i was confused why they went first since usually in arcs like this the main character goes in the end like i was wondering if we will see the other boys fight or not. Well with innocent zero showing up ig that will take a backseat
while i def saw mash being the evil dudes son coming IT WAS STILL A COOL REVEAL! i need to know the backstory fr
Feb 25, 7:44 PM
Mar 2015
just when our boi seems to be winning innocent Zero shows up
Feb 25, 7:55 PM
Jun 2020
Dukino said:
I gotta say I loved this episode of Naruto (Mashle), seeing Naruto vs Neji (Mash vs Margarette), the classic prodigy vs underdog fight we all love to witness in shonen. Only to be interrupted by Orochimaru (Innocent Zero) whom wants to capture Naruto (Mash) for their plans since the protagonist is so unique. Along with the old mentor The 3rd Hokage (Wahlberg) standing in the villains way of capturing the boy. All of this said in jest but the similarities are outstanding when you think about it. The actual fight between Mash and Margarette was mostly weird with the whole Margarette getting younger or their true form or whatever. That character is just super odd and makes me uncomfortable when they're on screen. Mash winning the fight through sheer willpower was awesome. Showing his ultimate strength to beat a strong opponent. With the big bad villain appearing though it looks like the rest of the exam is on hold.

Hey he even did Killer Bee and 4th Raikage’s lariat move
Feb 25, 10:44 PM

Feb 2021
I don't understand how out of all the powerful people watching, only Finn saw Mash moving underground....
Feb 26, 1:26 AM
Oct 2019
Of course the Enemy attack during the Exam, it's like Naruto Chunnin Exam again lol

Innocent Zero voice by Shinichiro Miki, i love it.
Feb 26, 4:39 AM

May 2015
Innocent Zero seems to be Celldemoroth.
Feb 26, 4:42 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Mash vs. Macaron was probably the best fight of the season.
Feb 26, 6:35 AM

May 2012
They/them pronoun. balalba so annoying

The guy look like male, just use male pronoun. Not hard. He is not an real person (or American) who get hurt by using "wrong" pronoun. If these subs were made 15 year ago I'm sure they will use male pronoun

Feb 26, 6:52 AM

Jan 2014
So, we could finally see Mash backstory since they introduce his father. An egotistical megalomaniac it seems, not sure what he means when he says Mash going to part of him to be complete. He stops that time without much of an effort his definitely going to be a third marker, not sure about that part, forgot what they actually call those with the three line like Ames Rayne. Which didn't make an appearance ever since his scuffle with Margarette. Magia Lupus reduce to three members and basically just a background character now.

I hope Wahlberg and Innocent Zero do face off. Innocent Zero got two lackeys too and two Divine Visionary on the premises. Potentially we got to see an actual magic battle between wizard or mage, forgot what they called magic-wielder on this anime. Nonetheless, looking forward for the next episode.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 26, 7:11 AM

Oct 2008
Macaron really proved a challenge against Mash but i hope next ep, Gandalf will steal the episode! hahahaha!
5/5.
matias067Feb 26, 7:19 AM

Feb 26, 7:52 AM

Apr 2009
Good fight scenes, use of good tactics as well...thought in my silly mind the other ways to counter sonic attacks is to use the same sound (frequency, etc) back at them therefore cancelling it or overpower them or beat the speed of sound itself and go supersonic! LOL Another solution I had for Mash to stop the Death Gong as it looks like giant bell was to stop or destroy the clapper physically so it cannot sound off at all. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 26, 8:40 AM
Oct 2022
penguindrum264 said:
The author said they're non-binary in the Q&A for Volume 9.

Did he, though? Without seeing the raws, all you've got is the exact same morons telling you the author said he was "Non-binary". What chapter is this Q&A in?
Feb 26, 7:43 PM
Dec 2022
SCary mystery guy
Mash digging attack LMAO
Macaron true form
Macaron can move at the speed of sound is it over for mash
mash pinky power better

Mash W even got abel smiling

innocent zero oh dear.
Son?
Feb 27, 12:33 AM

Jul 2021
This was one amazing episode from start to finish. The action was spot on the fight between Macaron and Mash was amazing. I really like Macarons magic and the names of their spells there all great and his final form was amazing aswell. Though Mash still out smarted him and he admitted defeat atleast he was a good sport. I hope we see more of Macaron throughout the series i really like them.

The end of the episode was great as well with that amazing plot twist with Mash being the son of Innocent zero. I wonder what would happen if Innocent Zero actually got to become hole by taking Mash back. Hes already very strong with his time magic.

I cant wait for the next episode.

Feb 27, 4:27 AM

Mar 2008
Margarette Macaron has some amusing magic.
Feb 27, 1:18 PM
Dec 2019
I really love it!! This so much fun
Feb 27, 2:43 PM
Nov 2022
man the ost is so fucking fire
Feb 27, 6:53 PM

Nov 2009
LOL...

WTF...

Transforms, shows a demon, turns out to be a young boy with hair...

LOL

___ ___ ___

HAHA, Tartare sauce... sounds weakness... well, you wanted Tartare... there you go.

But... the way Mash won that... was kinda underwhelming...

A simple chase to get the wand... I was expecting Mash to start running at the speed of sound or something, LOL (be Flash). But nope, just barely catching Macaron with his pinky...

___ ___ ___

Time magic?

I guess Mash can't go against this one... can he? LOL...
amlgFeb 27, 6:56 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 27, 7:09 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to amlg
LOL...

WTF...

Transforms, shows a demon, turns out to be a young boy with hair...

LOL

___ ___ ___

HAHA, Tartare sauce... sounds weakness... well, you wanted Tartare... there you go.

But... the way Mash won that... was kinda underwhelming...

A simple chase to get the wand... I was expecting Mash to start running at the speed of sound or something, LOL (be Flash). But nope, just barely catching Macaron with his pinky...

___ ___ ___

Time magic?

I guess Mash can't go against this one... can he? LOL...
amlg said:

The real question is why he doesn't do that from the start. I've been wondering for ages now. It's not like they can run away, or overpower him.
Feb 27, 8:46 PM

Dec 2022
Probably the best episode of the season, really cool.

Feb 28, 9:33 AM
Jul 2022
yepyepyepyepyepyepyeyepyepye
Feb 28, 5:16 PM
Oct 2023
So Innocent zero came in and said that Mash is his son. Looks like he has time magic. And Wahlberg is somehow imune to it. Also the fight against Mash and Macaron was really exciting
Feb 29, 5:11 AM
Sep 2023
Margarette Macaron is now my favorite character.
Feb 29, 11:27 AM
Jul 2021
Complete trash subs
Mar 1, 4:23 AM

Jul 2017
The final exam: the 1-to-1 battle with Mash vs. Margarette Macaron, clearly, the latter's fun is getting started, even as he knows that Mash's matching is rather poor against him. Despite that, everyone would know that Maracon is a one-off genius to go all about against Mash, though the betterment of the latter knows that sound waves don't hit the ground, and he took advantage of that. But Margarette is far from over, for his Sounds Metamorphosis transforms him into his real form, being able to use speed to his ultimate form. And Innocent Zero himself on the move to Easton, the Divine Visionaries must stop their interference.

Magic, combined with the speed of sound, that's what makes Margarette the material for a Divine Visionary. But for Mash, using the surroundings to his advantage, that's at least his strategy for him to unleash his Secondth: Death Gong, which can incapacitate everyone within a minute and a 2km range, only limited to the arena. And within the same confines, Mash forces Margarette's hand to block his routes and stop his Secondth.

A-1 went far and beyond this time, the best that it has ever been,

But...the tremor is not over, for Innocent Zero has come to claim Mash...as his father? Not exactly a shocker. Now turns the tide of tbe battle to Dumbledore vs. Voldemort.
Mar 1, 7:44 AM
Jan 2021
Anyone know about the pinky x macaron did? What does it mean?
Mar 2, 9:12 AM

Mar 2007
Mash gave Musical Magical Maestro Margarette a sound beat-down.

Sorry I couldn't resist. I'll see myself out.
Mar 2, 1:53 PM

Nov 2017
So Mash is now Divine Visionary 😂😂

And what about him being a "son"?
Mar 2, 5:45 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to penguindrum264
@Niveen_Sleem

Macaron usually uses 'atashi' which is the feminine version of watashi that is used by girly girl characters and was historically used by women in Japan, but it's apparently not that common anymore.

I doubt you care about these verifiable facts and I find it hilarious that you think that Japanese people care about English grammar.

Translators and fansubbers tend to do to opposite when it comes to pronouns,
they add gendered pronouns to phrases so it makes sense for English viewers.

Even old fansubs changed localized sentences so they made sense in English even if the meaning was lost even jokes.
The old fansubs used to add swear words that weren't even spoken by the seiyuu.

penguindrum264 said:

This week's episode answered it conclusively: It was woke BS from the translators.
Mar 3, 1:58 AM

Jan 2017
Innocent Zero is Mash's father?! 😲

Anyways, Mash is awesome as always but his fight with Macaron wasn't as epic as the others that he'd done in the past. Probably 'cause it's obviously a mismatched battle in the first place: sound vs physical strength.
Mar 5, 7:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing, Mash won the combat!!!!
kekeke
Mar 5, 3:00 PM
Jun 2014
muito bom1 engraçado!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

152 by NaRc0s_G »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30

114 by evoDARIOAMQ »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

79 by KingBaller06 »»
May 18, 8:24 PM

Poll: » This anime is peak comedy

passtur - May 12

24 by LeonardoXD »»
May 17, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2

92 by PirateHasan »»
May 14, 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.