Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you prefer male or female mc for ecchi series?
Feb 22, 3:48 AM

Aug 2021
Despite easily being the most controversial anime in this season, I surprisingly enjoyed for its BDSM elements and female MC. This one is much more enjoyable than other harem/ecchi shows where you don't have to project onto the blank self-insert male MC and it just allows me to enjoy ecchi series from the outsider point of view.
Feb 22, 4:09 AM

Mar 2023
If the main character is Keiaru from Redo of Healer then I'll be all for it, I like male characters like that (I'm sure most people do too).

However, I also agree with you that a female MC is great, at the expense of not being interrupted by anyone watching from the sidelines, especially since Utena is a real charmer with attractive looks.

By the way about "most controversial anime" I would argue :)))
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Jan 2009
well at least youre fine with yuri this time since with your other threads you seem to ooze female fanservice hate a lot

i voted the utena option even if i have not watch that show yet and this show too
Feb 22, 4:16 AM

Feb 2020
"Do you want more ecchi series with female MC?"

Definitely yes. :3 Anime like this, Koihime†Musou, Queen's Blade, and Strike Witches are awesome.

Ecchi/Yuri is a great combo imo.

SerafosFeb 22, 7:38 AM
Feb 22, 4:24 AM

Sep 2016
wow OP you are cultured for once, good to see.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 22, 5:42 AM
Oct 2020
Utena is still a self-insert because she's just like me fr fr
Feb 22, 5:48 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to matrix_07012
Utena is still a self-insert because she's just like me fr fr
@matrix_07012 read the manga to prove you otherwise. I have in mind everything from chapters 30 to 58 (which won't be in the anime most likely).
Feb 22, 6:03 AM

Oct 2022
Reply to Omarumba
If the main character is Keiaru from Redo of Healer then I'll be all for it, I like male characters like that (I'm sure most people do too).

However, I also agree with you that a female MC is great, at the expense of not being interrupted by anyone watching from the sidelines, especially since Utena is a real charmer with attractive looks.

By the way about "most controversial anime" I would argue :)))
@Omarumba you like that trash MC, LOL
and a lot of edgy kids and masochism also like him too, wow !

BTW : for OP ...
if she's homosexual and super gay ... yes !
if she's straight then no !
VylciFeb 22, 6:15 AM
Feb 22, 6:07 AM

Apr 2012
It's very rare for male protagonists to be an asset in this genre. Firstly, they tend to cause the girls to be narrowly characterised in terms of how they relate to a boy, rather than having the freedom to be themselves. And then it's very rare for them to be sympathetic, because being a decent and sensible person, like deciding on one (or zero) of the girls to pursue romantically, will tend to reduce the ecchi potential. Relations between the protagonist and the girls tend to be steeped in misogynistic tropes.

So with just a few exceptions like Bakemonogatari, female protagonists work a lot better.

Although non-abusive ones rather than Utena-like ones work far better for most stories. This story is an exception.
Feb 22, 6:13 AM
Oct 2020
Otakupervert890 said:
@matrix_07012 read the manga to prove you otherwise. I have in mind everything from chapters 30 to 58 (which won't be in the anime most likely).

I will after the season ends
Feb 22, 6:16 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to Vylci
@Omarumba you like that trash MC, LOL
and a lot of edgy kids and masochism also like him too, wow !

BTW : for OP ...
if she's homosexual and super gay ... yes !
if she's straight then no !
Vylci said:
you like that trash MC, LOL
and a lot of edgy kids and masochism also like him, wow !
NO!, I actually love MC incels and wusses who are not only afraid to touch a woman, but afraid to even think they exist! Especially if it's ecchi, because no one is expecting confident characters there, capable of revealing all the charms of the genre at the expense of their confidence...
Feb 22, 6:36 AM
Jan 2021
I figured that since I watched redo of healer, I'd watch this. It's quite interesting, but I hate how the characters are like 12 years old.
Feb 22, 6:55 AM
Aug 2022
I’ll never ask for more ecchi, but it’s always appreciated when it shows up and has a good mc. The dense male mc grope is so boring. We need more good male mc’s like arata from trinity seven
Feb 22, 7:00 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to BucketBall
I figured that since I watched redo of healer, I'd watch this. It's quite interesting, but I hate how the characters are like 12 years old.
@BucketBall Haha, you literally hate something that quite a few viewers like, judging by the comments :D

Feb 22, 7:01 AM
Jan 2021
Omarumba said:
@BucketBall Haha, you literally hate something that quite a few viewers like, judging by the comments :D

It's because they're pedophiles
Feb 22, 10:38 AM

Apr 2017
Do I want more ecchi series with female MC?

Well the answer to that question would be a resounding YES!

Utena is a great MC, not only relatable but also someone with a real personality. And watching her descent into madness from the sidelines is a ton of fun. I'm not saying all MCs need to be carbon copies of her, obviously, but this is way better than some self-insert dunce.

Of course I'm also a big yuri fan so there's that.
Feb 22, 11:32 AM
Jul 2022
Yes. Somehow i don't really like male MC's in ecchi anime, tbh I'd rather just watch straight up Hentai. But there's something different about ecchi anime with female mc, Valkyrie drive, Manyuu Hikenchou, Queen's blade and mahoako, these are the best.
Feb 22, 11:51 AM
Feb 2018
I want gratuitous nudity in all shows.
Feb 22, 4:26 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
my favorite anime are almost all yuri-bait combat ecchi with female leads and female antagonists/villains, hence why i HAD TO add this anime to my favorites list lol

Serafos said:
"Do you want more ecchi series with female MC?"

Definitely yes. :3 Anime like this, Koihime†Musou, Queen's Blade, and Strike Witches are awesome.

Ecchi/Yuri is a great combo imo.

preach
EcchiGodMamsterFeb 22, 4:30 PM
Feb 22, 5:48 PM
May 2023
um duhhh. that or I want a shota mc in a haram.... not enough of that
Feb 22, 6:26 PM

Jan 2013
Female characters can actually get away with molesting other girls, so that seems like a good enough reason.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Feb 22, 8:18 PM
Aug 2020
Option should have "both" or "neither".
As long as it is funny, unhinged and uncensored.
Feb 22, 8:23 PM

Mar 2008
Just interesting MCs doesnt have to be girls but I would like to see more with girls.
Feb 22, 10:53 PM
Sep 2021
i prefer neither Because it ultimately doesn't matter, there's many good shows of both sides

More topics from this board

» any wholesome yuri in this one?

tragedydesu - May 24

20 by DX_impulse »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 27

136 by DazeFire »»
May 31, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 20

85 by Vendy13 »»
May 28, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 13

80 by Vendy13 »»
May 28, 10:26 PM

» Curious about Venalita goals

AlexAnonim - May 25

2 by UnknownTwinkie »»
May 28, 4:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.